Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola (24011 Views)

Funke Opeke’s Mainone To Be Acquired For $320mn By US Giant Equinix / Coca-cola Finally Acquires Chi Ltd / Paddy Adenuga: "I Nearly Acquired Chevron Netherlands At 29" (2) (3) (4)

Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Vianna(f): 11:45am On Jan 31, 2019
Global beverage company Coca-Cola Company has acquired Chi Ltd. in Nigeria.
Coca-Cola first announced a minority investment in Chi three years ago and, as planned, has now acquired full ownership of the company.
Chi is recognized in West Africa as an innovative, fast-growing leader in expanding beverage categories, including juices, value-added dairy and iced tea.
The company, founded in Lagos, Nigeria, in 1980, produces juice under the Chivita brand and value-added dairy under the Hollandia brand, among many other products. Coca-Cola acquired a 40 percent stake in Chi in 2016 from Tropical General Investments Group, the holding company for Chi Ltd. Juices and value-added dairy categories rank among the fastest-growing beverage segments in Nigeria and Africa. This acquisition further signals Coca-Cola’s optimism about Africa’s consumer opportunity and a commitment to its long-term investment and growth plan on the continent, where it has been present for more than 90 years.
“Coca-Cola is continuing to evolve as a total beverage company, and Chi’s diverse range of beverages perfectly complements our existing portfolio, enabling us to accelerate expansion into new categories and grow our business in Africa,” said Peter Njonjo, president of the West Africa business unit of Coca-Cola. We will support the Chi management team in building on the company’s remarkable heritage and achievements, while using the scale of the Coca-Cola system to replicate their success in more markets across Africa.”
BREAKING NEWS: Mega Consumer Brand, Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-Cola https://www.scooper.news/detail?newsId=2087700

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Vianna(f): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2019
Almost half a billion dollars was dropped the first time they bought a share in the company. Only God knows how much they must have dropped for full acquisition.

24 Likes

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by daddytime(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2019
Wow...what a take over...

I'm on course to building something a multi national would love to buy over or I'd be buying over smaller competitors.

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Vianna(f): 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by NewDelhi(m): 1:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Vianna:

BREAKING NEWS: Mega Consumer Brand, Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-Cola https://www.scooper.news/detail?newsId=2087700

Lalasticlala Dominique mynd44

This life no get blueprint. A whole CHI .. What will happen to caprisonne, chivita, Superbite , hollandia and theany products from the house of CHI grin

Will their employees be affected too?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by tgbaba(m): 1:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
And this is end of all chi products. Cocacola doing what she knows best, buy competitors and render all their brands redundant. same old way. Just pity staff that will be retrenched.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by itiswellandwell: 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
Mheen! So, we will be having solo chivita as applicable to solo coke very soon.

8GB Atm card flash drive for #1000 only. Check link
https://www.nairaland.com/4972442/clearance-sales-
quality-8gb-atm

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by aAK1(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2019
no wonder holandia has been watery lately

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by NewDelhi(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2019
tgbaba:
And this is end of all chi products. Cocacola doing what she knows best, buy competitors and render all their brands redundant. same old way. Just pity staff that will be retrenched.
They'll be so foolish to do that. Goods like Chivita and caprisonne are big names home and abroad. CHI in general is the biggest name in Nigeria as far as agriculture is concerned . They have even diverted to pharmaceuticals too. Cocacola will be so foolish not to manage that company well..

Moreover will their staffs be highly affected? I have quite a number of people working at CHI o

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
tgbaba:

Gobalized capitalism

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by chrisbaxtian(m): 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
some giants can be swallowed by bigger giants!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by egojeny1(f): 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2019
Some of their staff will be acquired too

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Robbin7(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2019
Why na?
I thought Chi was doing well?
As a matter of fact, I don’t like this news one but. I’m a Nigerian and I support everything good about Nigeria. Chi was our pride in their field.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by sweetkev(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2019
This is the end of quality products from chi sad

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
Goodbye Chi.

Where is Limca today after Cocacola bought them

35 Likes

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by pappybarry(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
byinks:
Coca cola is sure to sabotage the entire CHI brand.
Either scarcity, high price or reduction in quality is sure to follow.. rip Chi

I doubt you understand the concept of acquisitions such as these. Give you an example that comes to mind... Facebook's acquisition of Whatsapp. Can you say same for this too ?

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by OlujobaSamuel: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Abeg wetin go happen to Chi Farms (Ajanla Farm), shey we go still get birds for Chi?

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Iykenuwa(m): 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Vianna:

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by edoman2016: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Since 5Alive can't beat Chivita juice, coca-cola had to acquire Chi limited to maintain number one in juice industry in Nigeria.

21 Likes

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Iykenuwa(m): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2019
egojeny1:
Some of their staff will be acquired too

While most will be laid off

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
daddytime:
Wow...what a take over...

I'm on course to building something a multi national would love to buy over or I'd be buying over smaller competitors.

If you go in with that mindset, you'll never achieve anything.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Akinola2543(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
chai!!!

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by frugal(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
pappybarry:

I doubt you understand the concept of acquisitions such as these. Give you an example that comes to mind... Facebook's acquisition of Whatsapp. Can you say same for this too ?
It's actually the other way round. They're nipping a major threat in the bud.

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Akinola2543(m): 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2019
chi of all companies
Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Vianna(f): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2019
pappybarry:

Same cocacola acquired a coffee company in the UK last year for about $5B and they're still doing well.

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by islandmoon: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2019
monopoly is bad for Nigeria economy, capitalist at it again!!! taking the profit abroad. same reason DSTV is frustrating TSTV, like they frustrated HITV, indigenous companies should be encouraged to enable them go global, too bad our president only know about cow

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by Whobedatte(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
Bigi has really dealt a big blow to the coca cola brand , this is a big float .
More jobs for activation agencies

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by mu2sa2: 2:39pm On Jan 31, 2019
Hollandia yoghurt is of questionable quality. Is it even yoghurt properly so called?

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by lastempero: 2:40pm On Jan 31, 2019
Robbin7:
Why na?
I thought Chi was doing well?
As a matter of fact, I don’t like this news one but. I’m a Nigerian and I support everything good about Nigeria. Chi was our pride in their field.

Business transaction!!!

Re: Chi Limited Acquired By Coca-cola by afroxyz: 2:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
pappybarry:

leave the guy. him just dey rant shit. He should look at all the brands Guinness has under their fold

How To Get Google Voice In Nigeria / The Exit Of Shipping Firms From Nigeria / Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya