Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,709 members, 7,820,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

9 Mental “tools” For Writing When The Clock Is Ticking … And Beyond - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 9 Mental “tools” For Writing When The Clock Is Ticking … And Beyond (228 Views)

Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. / Ticking My Bucket List / 7 Effective Tools For Managing Your Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Mental “tools” For Writing When The Clock Is Ticking … And Beyond by IssacharProject: 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2019
9 Mental “Tools” for Writing When the Clock is Ticking … and Beyond

Deadlines. Sometimes they are self-imposed; at other times, by others. Some writers and authors are juiced up when deadlines loom. Just some—not most. If you are in the “most” group, you can easily back and slide step as the clock ticks … and the OMG hour approaches.

Usually, I’m one of the ones the gets “juiced” … but, there have been times when my creative brain just doesn’t want to keep time. As a columnist for 10 years with the Denver Business Journal, I was always on the lookout for something that would tie in with the “Career Moves” column I penned monthly. I began to love the one-word sentence. The one-sentence paragraph. I bulked when I came across what I call “paragraph perpetuity”—I wanted the writer, especially a biz writer, to get to the point.

Everyone works differently. It’s a button pusher for me when I hear others—from book and writing coaches to the casual commenter—who advises that every writer/author needs a set schedule? Really.

Read more at; https://www.issacharprojects.com/9-mental-tools-for-writing-when-the-clock-is-ticking-and-beyond/

(1) (Reply)

How Article Spinners Will Ruin Your Research Paper / Ongoing Recruitment At World Health Organization 2019 | Apply Now / Attracting The Best Talent And Keeping Them Engaged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.