Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession (15783 Views)

Ozekhome Lists 9 Reasons Why CCT Arrest Order For CJN Onnoghen Is A 'vendetta' / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:25am On Feb 01, 2019
kahal29:

Oga how far.... Have you heard the latest?
What latest?
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by tempest01(m): 5:26am On Feb 01, 2019
Aufbauh:
Onnoghen case is already a settled matter. He's a goner and no amount of protest will bring him back.

Yes .... and Tanko is a goner too.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by castro316: 5:28am On Feb 01, 2019
It's greater mockery to bring Someone who was never called to bar to head learned lawyers
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by FearGodinall: 5:28am On Feb 01, 2019
RoyalUc:

Please, objectively pick out what is wrong in his submission.

Must we continue to defend evil?
. Every thing about his submission is wrong. When he was tried in CCT,did any body protest for his trial despite the timing, in other word they protested against the process of the so called suspenssion because if allowed will set a bad precedence. Why because any government can trump up charges against any body that's not in their good book. Falana is only emotional to the truth not minding the constitution and its implications.

1 Like

Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by Aufbauh(m): 5:29am On Feb 01, 2019
tempest01:

Yes .... and Tanko is a goner too.

It doesn't matter whether Tanko goes or remain. The ultimate goal is to kick the kwarrupt Onnoghen out.

Whether the whole Supreme Court judges go it's none of my business as long as Onnoghen is not on the throne, the mission is achieved.

4 Likes

Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by FearGodinall: 5:32am On Feb 01, 2019
RoyalUc:

. Every thing about his submission is wrong. When he was tried in CCT,did any body protest for his trial despite the timing, in other word they protested against the process of the so called suspenssion because if allowed will set a bad precedence. Why because any government can trump up charges against any body that's not in their good book. Falana is only emotional to the truth not minding the constitution and its implications. Can Falana explain why the president chooses whose court order to obey and disobey.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by orisa37: 5:34am On Feb 01, 2019
NBA should just sue the F.G like Onnoghen has done.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by exlinkleads(f): 5:38am On Feb 01, 2019
livelymatilda22:

The defender of lies and corruption is here already.... No rest for the wicked soul

undoubtedly the life of every business man.

consider the saying of Uber CEO, "if you think what it takes to be successful in life or in business is had work, you are still in kindergarten and are still crawling".
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:42am On Feb 01, 2019
Aufbauh:

It doesn't matter whether Tanko goes or remain. The ultimate goal is to kick the kwarrupt Onnoghen out.

Whether the whole Supreme Court judges go it's none of my business as long as Onnoghen is not on the throne, the mission is achieved.
The ultimate goal was to pocket the judiciary through planting a stooge as CJN.That goal has failed
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by Cluv: 5:59am On Feb 01, 2019
They should be ashame
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by halhassan1(m): 6:10am On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
APC lawyer!! He was actually one of the 12 SANs Buhari hired to defend him over common waec certificate.Why didn't he advice buhari to resign.Bloody hypocrite
Borrow your brain some sense. How can a man without WAEC or it equivalent acquired accolades of degrees from reputable institutions all over the world..
And you who have bagged various certificate, of what usefulness are you to your immediate family and the community you live in.
Highest Mumu Order

1 Like

Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by symbianDON(m): 7:13am On Feb 01, 2019
SalamRushdie:
will this corrupt old clown shut up!!!!!!

Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by ZinoFasisi: 7:18am On Feb 01, 2019
RZArecta2:
Mark these words, Femi Falana will choke on his hypocrisy one day very soon cool

Yeah, I just marked your words and u had an overall score of 12.07%
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by dokie: 7:29am On Feb 01, 2019
dedonfranco:
I support Femi Falana on dis
Nigerian Lawyer's are the biggest problem in our democracy.

He is also part of it. Was falana not part of the lawyers that went to defend Buhari in court for not having a certificate?
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by Cajal(m): 7:48am On Feb 01, 2019
etrouble:

Corrupt lazy youth, keep shut.
..that gue is v corrupt in mind and action.. Don't mind him
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by RoyalUc(m): 8:06am On Feb 01, 2019
FearGodinall:
. Every thing about his submission is wrong. When he was tried in CCT,did any body protest for his trial despite the timing, in other word they protested against the process of the so called suspenssion because if allowed will set a bad precedence. Why because any government can trump up charges against any body that's not in their good book. Falana is only emotional to the truth not minding the constitution and its implications.

I just wish we Nigerians, especially the youths, would learn how to reason with out sentiments.

Now, let's be critical. You said;
"When he was tried in CCT,did any body protest for his trial despite the timing" Please when exactly was he tried? For your info, Onnoghe in his ruling in Saraki vs the FRN had said the CCT is the competent 'court' to try matters bordering on codes of conduct. But the same Judge went to other courts, including an industrial court to stop the CCT from hearing his matter. If he had honourably appeared before the CCT then, being an experienced judge, 'apply the technicalities of the law,' he might even come out 'clean' just like Saraki.

"in other word they protested against the process of the so called suspenssion because if allowed will set a bad precedence"
Are you not aware that it's judges, the same judiciary, that gave Buhari the opening to suspend the CJN? The Judges, who interpret the law ought to know that doing that will amount to a breach of the constitution.

It amazes me how people don't blame a judge for breaking the law but accuses a lay man in law of breaking the law.

I use to hear Nigerians say until we kill all our old corrupt leaders, the country will not be good (though I don't agree with that) but just try and touch one and see how the same people will kill themselves to defend the people who are the problem of the nation.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 01, 2019
SalamRushdie:
will this corrupt old clown shut up!!!!!!

Stupidity is in your DNA and lineage....ewu biafra
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by adekolaelect(m): 8:17am On Feb 01, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Hope you don't commit suicide when the NJC and the supreme court restores him.
restore him as your village cjn.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by akdjr(m): 8:20am On Feb 01, 2019
Response to the Allegation(s):
My Asset Declaration for Nos. SCN000014 and SCN.0000 5 were declared on the same day, 14th December, 2016 because I forgot to make a declaration of May, 2005 declaration of my assets after the expiration of my 2005 declaration in 2009. Following my appointment as Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria in November, 2016 the need to declare my asset anew made to realize the mistake and then did the declarations to cover the period in default. I did not include my Standard Chartered Bank Account in SCN. 000014 because I believed they were not opened during the period covered by the declaration. I did not make a fresh declaration of assets after my substantive appointment as CJN because I was under the impression that my SCN. 000015 was to cover the period of four years which include my leave as CJN. The deposits made in my US Dollar account No. 87000106250 with STD. Chartered Bank of $10,000 at different intervals of 28/6/11 were sourced partly from my reserve and saving from my estacodes including medical expenses. The same applies to my deposit of 27/7/11 of the sum of $10,000 twice. It is important to state that prior to my opening the US dollar account I had foreign currency which I kept at home due to the fact that there existed a government policy that proscribed the operation of foreign currency account by Public officers including judicial Officers. It was when I got to know that the policy had changed that I had to open the said account. Upon opening the account, I was made to understand that I cannot pay in more than $10,000 at a time and per payment slip. I cannot remember the total amount I had in reserve at the time but it spread from my practice days as a private legal practitioner from 1979-1989. Some of the deposits are a result of forex trading. AGRICODE and other investment returns were from proceeds of my investments into them. The withdrawals in the account are partly to pay children fees and upkeep abroad and further investments. My British Pound and Euro accounts with Chartered Standard Bank are savings accounts.

WALTER SAMUEL NKANU ONNOGHEN
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by bojobulege: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2019
taiyeayodeji:
dear,lawyers are paid to do their job.Even a big criminal can hire all the lawyers in the world to defend him.its done everywhere in the world,everybody is entitled to a lawyer.job comes before sentiment.
you are right but these lawyers were not instructed. It is only in Nigeria where somebody is indicted and 50 lawyers carry their wigs and gowns to appear in court to defend someone who hasn’t instructed them.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by bojobulege: 8:54am On Feb 01, 2019
tempest01:
The MOD pushed it to front page and added NBA to it as if this was from NBA. This was from Falana. His recent utterances is making me question his legal clout.

Onoghen is innocent until proven guilty by a Competent constitutional process.

He was blabbing everything and saying nothing.

You are right in that he is innocent until proven guilty. There is a prima facie case against him which he has admitted. Beyond conveniently forgetting the existence of millions of dollars, which he lodged in banks not quite 3 years ago (while he was a supremecourt judge), the implication is that he is corrupt and been selling judgements. If it is true, it is one of the most egregious crimes that can be labelled against the most senior judicial officer of the land. What he should have done is stepped aside to defend himself and not desecrate the seat which he occupied by continuing to head an institution that would be the final arbiter on proceedings in which he is the defendant. Indeed, he should not have postponed indefinitely the body that would have (going by precedents) suspended him pending the determination of the proceedings and investigations against him. He is innocent until proven guilty but he should have respected the institution that he headed by not truncating the judicial process. He is refusing to submit himself to the process that he demands other Nigerians, rich and poor submit themselves to everyday. He is not a man of honour!
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by Ubenedictus(m): 9:23am On Feb 01, 2019
FearGodinall:
If the court process is wrong the the judges of the apeal or even the supreme court will sort it out and either correct it or throw out the case.
So what is the use of the protest?

Cases are thrown out in Nigeria just because a lawyer filed the wrong paper, if the court process is wrong we will soon know. The whole protest just seem like onnoghen solidarity for corruption.
From the begining, the moment onnoghen got to the CCT it was as though all hell broke lose, if the fg is at fault the case will be thrown out.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by Ubenedictus(m): 9:28am On Feb 01, 2019
dokie:

He is also part of it. Was falana not part of the lawyers that went to defend Buhari in court for not having a certificate?
He is a lawyer it is his job to defend people who employ him. If buhari emplowed falana and falana thinks buhari has a good case why will falana not defend buhari in court?
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by GoldHorse(m): 9:56am On Feb 01, 2019
RoyalUc:

It's very sad that some don't know how grave the consequence of having corrupt judges are.

These people are call Lords for a reason! A JUDGE CAN DECIDE WHETHER YOU LIVE OR DIE, BE FREE OR BE INCARCERATED if you are before him.

Most people are just looking at it from only the political angle but imagine you facing a trumped up murder case in front of an already bribed judge. How scary can that be?!!!

1 Like

Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by PierreAbutu(m): 10:44am On Feb 01, 2019
yns4real:

https://www.thecable.ng/falana-nbas-protest-over-onnoghen-is-a-mockery-of-legal-profession/amp

My friend close ya mouth there

When Buharideen's certificate issue came up
You, wole olanipekun and several other SANs went to court to defend him
It was not a dangerous preceedence then for intefrity and honesty.....nonsense angry
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by UcheBare1235: 1:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
See below
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by bigfish3k: 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2019
halhassan1:
Borrow your brain some sense. How can a man without WAEC or it equivalent acquired accolades of degrees from reputable institutions all over the world..
And you who have bagged various certificate, of what usefulness are you to your immediate family and the community you live in.
Highest Mumu Order

he only has certificates not degrees, just like u obtaining a computer training certificate from a computer institute. that does not make it a degree
please show us one of his degrees or name one. we all know what education is like in the north. we all know about quota system, federal character, catchment areas, educationally less advantage states
he only has quota system certificates

he has WAEC and WAEC is not aware. he entered the army through a recommendation.

the solution is to show us the WAEC cert and not this new one that he bought from WAEC without a registration number
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by tempest01(m): 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
bojobulege:
You are right in that he is innocent until proven guilty. There is a prima facie case against him which he has admitted. Beyond conveniently forgetting the existence of millions of dollars, which he lodged in banks not quite 3 years ago (while he was a supremecourt judge), the implication is that he is corrupt and been selling judgements. If it is true, it is one of the most egregious crimes that can be labelled against the most senior judicial officer of the land. What he should have done is stepped aside to defend himself and not desecrate the seat which he occupied by continuing to head an institution that would be the final arbiter on proceedings in which he is the defendant. Indeed, he should not have postponed indefinitely the body that would have (going by precedents) suspended him pending the determination of the proceedings and investigations against him. He is innocent until proven guilty but he should have respected the institution that he headed by not truncating the judicial process. He is refusing to submit himself to the process that he demands other Nigerians, rich and poor submit themselves to everyday. He is not a man of honour!

Oga...it is procedure to admit in writing in the case of non compliance to asset declaration. And no recourse is made to the tribunal.

If it is indeed corruption that was alleged, why didn't the FG petition the NJC as per procedure? Why should be step down when all you people did was media trial. A petition to WATCH our ICPC, and then a subsequent petition from them to NJC on finding him guilty was the right way to go. Apart from that, he is presumed innocent, and still the Chief Justice in my opinion.
Re: Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession by SirBunky85(m): 1:09am On Feb 02, 2019
RoyalUc:

why u dey evn reply d mumu?

(1) (2) (Reply)

With You By My Side, I’m Ready For The Next 4 Years –VP Yemi Osinbajo Tells Wife / APC Moves To Change Mode Of Primaries For Kogi State Guber Poll / Yahaya Bello Receives Sanusi Lamido, Sheikh Muhammed Al-Amin In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.