Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,253 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC (18486 Views)

How To Transfer Your Voter's Card From One Unit To Another / Bank Customers To Present Tax Card From Next Month / Kwankwaso Receives Pdp Membership Card From Kano Pdp(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by JosEast(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2019
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) on Thursday said Nigerians will begin to pay for the National Identity Card from year 2022.
The Director General of NIMC, Engr. Aliyu Aziz, disclosed this in Abuja at the Lunch Time Reform Seminar on “The National Digital Identity Ecosystem Strategic Road Map for the Enrollment of Nigerians and Legal Residents into the National Identity Database (NIDB)” organised by the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR).
According to him, the National electronics ID card can only be issued to Nigerians registered into the national identity system and legal residents who have attained the age of 16 years and above.
He however said that the National Identification Number (NIN) is assignable only to Nigerians.
“As a government, we recognise the huge importance of moving towards a Digital Government. Therefore, we must embrace and harness the potentials inherent in digital identity to build and develop our country.
“Nations all over the world and in particular, developed countries have utilized identity as a foundation to transforming governance and enhancing service delivery in the areas of healthcare, agriculture, voting, transportation, financial inclusion, access to basic service and welfare programmes,” he said.
He assured Nigerians that no one shall be denied any government services on account of not having the National Identity Number (NIN).
He said, “Rather, the mandatory enrolment or collection of data by the above-mentioned government agencies or their licensed agents, along with private sector organisations to be licensed by NIMC under the digital identity ecosystem means fast-tracking of the enrolment process in the national identity system.
“Instead, in its wisdom, the Federal Government approved the new digital identity ecosystem which ensures and mandates all government agencies earlier mentioned and private sector organisations to be licensed by NIMC, to collect citizens’ data using guidelines issued by the NIMC and through secure approved channels of communication send such data to NIMC to generate the NIN.
He urged Nigerians to make use of the remaining three years to get registered and obtained their cards.
In his welcome remarks, the acting Director-General, BPSR, Mr. Dasuki Arabi, represented by the Director, Strategy, Innovation and Research (SIR), Mr. Iyang Anyang, noted that the world was currently facing political, economic, social and technological challenges.
He said the challenges have spurred government institutions to undergo various reforms to cope, address and manage change, for improved performance on quality service delivery to citizens.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-to-pay-for-national-id-card-from-2022-nimc.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by kheny12(m): 10:31pm On Jan 31, 2019
JosEast:
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) on Thursday said Nigerians will begin to pay for the National Identity Card from year 2022.
The Director General of NIMC, Engr. Aliyu Aziz, disclosed this in Abuja at the Lunch Time Reform Seminar on “The National Digital Identity Ecosystem Strategic Road Map for the Enrollment of Nigerians and Legal Residents into the National Identity Database (NIDB)” organised by the Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR).
According to him, the National electronics ID card can only be issued to Nigerians registered into the national identity system and legal residents who have attained the age of 16 years and above.
He however said that the National Identification Number (NIN) is assignable only to Nigerians.
“As a government, we recognise the huge importance of moving towards a Digital Government. Therefore, we must embrace and harness the potentials inherent in digital identity to build and develop our country.
“Nations all over the world and in particular, developed countries have utilized identity as a foundation to transforming governance and enhancing service delivery in the areas of healthcare, agriculture, voting, transportation, financial inclusion, access to basic service and welfare programmes,” he said.
He assured Nigerians that no one shall be denied any government services on account of not having the National Identity Number (NIN).
He said, “Rather, the mandatory enrolment or collection of data by the above-mentioned government agencies or their licensed agents, along with private sector organisations to be licensed by NIMC under the digital identity ecosystem means fast-tracking of the enrolment process in the national identity system.
“Instead, in its wisdom, the Federal Government approved the new digital identity ecosystem which ensures and mandates all government agencies earlier mentioned and private sector organisations to be licensed by NIMC, to collect citizens’ data using guidelines issued by the NIMC and through secure approved channels of communication send such data to NIMC to generate the NIN.
He urged Nigerians to make use of the remaining three years to get registered and obtained their cards.
In his welcome remarks, the acting Director-General, BPSR, Mr. Dasuki Arabi, represented by the Director, Strategy, Innovation and Research (SIR), Mr. Iyang Anyang, noted that the world was currently facing political, economic, social and technological challenges.
He said the challenges have spurred government institutions to undergo various reforms to cope, address and manage change, for improved performance on quality service delivery to citizens.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigerians-to-pay-for-national-id-card-from-2022-nimc.html
Why should Nigerians pay for the national ID card.

29 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2019
Too much talk.

Roll out the ones that we've registered for since.

Haba!!!

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Kingspin(m): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2019
Failed country. Tell me one thing that is working?

36 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Jonadull: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2019
Fake news

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 31, 2019
wahala dey
I have registered since 2014 now and I haven't hear anything from the organization. to me, they are the most useless organization in Nigeria

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Blue3k(m): 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
Wait these things were free? What is wrong with this country. Things like this shouldn't be free to begin with. After they start changing they should mail out these cards instead of having individuals pick them up. Give the postal service work to do.

Front page: Lalasticlala Mynd44

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Racoon(m): 12:13am On Feb 01, 2019
shocked Nigerians pay for traveling passport and still pay for national identity card? It better never be true. angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by asdfjklhaha(f): 5:32am On Feb 01, 2019
hmmm so as Nigerians the government can't give us anything for free

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by emmykk(m): 5:32am On Feb 01, 2019
kheny12:
Why should Nigerians pay for the national ID card.

Are you not please when your ATM card is issued to you immediately by banks? This is because you pay for it, if they can issues it for like N1500 is better than to wait for eternity,besides free things make services inefficient.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by lonelydora: 5:37am On Feb 01, 2019
As long as i have my Driver's licence and International passport, i no send. NIMC that are charging people 1k to fill form.

NIMC should link the BVN information to this National ID. I even heard it has expiry date sef.

The executives are always looking for ways to extort us. Tufiakwa

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39am On Feb 01, 2019
Nations all over the world and in particular, developed countries have utilized identity as a foundation to transforming governance and enhancing service delivery in the areas of healthcare, agriculture, voting, transportation, financial inclusion, access to basic service and welfare programmes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Born2smile: 5:39am On Feb 01, 2019
Free or not free, my own is that I need my national ID card which I applied for since 2013!
Pikin when dem born that time don dey primary school by now.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by lonelydora: 5:41am On Feb 01, 2019
Oma307:
wahala dey
I have registered since 2014 now and I haven't hear anything from the organization. to me, they are the most useless organization in Nigeria

Very useless

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Bluffly: 5:44am On Feb 01, 2019
Blue3k:
Wait these things were free? What is wrong with this country. Things like this shouldn't be free to begin with. After they start changing they should mail out these cards instead of having individuals pick them up. Give the postal service work to do.

Front page: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Wait have you being dead all this while and just got resurrected
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by RichDad1(m): 5:45am On Feb 01, 2019
How many things are we now to pay for ?
Drivers license
International passport
Can any of this serve the purpose of National ID card ?
Na wa o
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by SoNature(m): 5:46am On Feb 01, 2019
Orla234:
Too much talk.

Roll out the ones that we've registered for since.

Haba!!!

I registered in 2013. It was just last week that I got their text that mine was ready for collection.
Anyways, I am glad I didn't have to pay for it grin
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Blue3k(m): 5:49am On Feb 01, 2019
Bluffly:

Wait have you being dead all this while and just got resurrected

What do you mean? I post all the time on this section and music section.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 01, 2019
I paid to do mine...so wat r d saying??
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 01, 2019
SoNature:

I registered in 2013. It was just last week that I got their text that mine was ready for collection.
Anyways, I am glad I didn't have to pay for it grin

Lucky you. You can just imagine how long it took.

Mine was in 2015. Yet to hear from them.
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Bluffly: 5:53am On Feb 01, 2019
Blue3k:

What do you mean? I post all the time on this section and music section.
This sounds awkward "Wait these things were free? What is wrong with this country. Things like this shouldn't be free to begin with."

Everyone knew it is free.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Rootprof(m): 5:54am On Feb 01, 2019
If this report is true now i know the real reason behind the so much delay in giving out the card after over 2-3 years of registration. shocked
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Blue3k(m): 5:56am On Feb 01, 2019
Bluffly:

This sounds awkward "Wait these things were free? What is wrong with this country. Things like this shouldn't be free to begin with."

Everyone knew it is free.

Excuse my ignorance then. I assumed it was like drivers license or passport.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by biobab23(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2019
"I sold ALSCON built with $3.5billion for $120million. It was a mistake"

Atiku Abubakar
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by francisbarrack(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2019
another way to Rob d citizens of there cash

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by israelmao(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2019
You are not yet done with those that have registered you are talking about 2022.
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by BabaIbo: 6:02am On Feb 01, 2019
This country sef ehn, I did it some years ago but I never get the plastic card...
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by itiswellandwell: 6:02am On Feb 01, 2019
Hmm
Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by semasir: 6:06am On Feb 01, 2019
Veey soon, we'll be paying to be Nigerians!

Failed Governments with bad roads, poor housing schemes, no water, horrible roads network, awful power supply, high food rates, poor infrastructure and poor hope of being a Nigerian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Pay For National ID Card From 2022 – NIMC by Firefire(m): 6:07am On Feb 01, 2019
Very useless people.

Since November 2013 up till now, my card is still not ready. Absurd!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Muhamadu Buhari Would Win 2019 Presidential Election - Leadership News / OFFICIAL Result Frm Kano Presidential Election / Maduka Joins List Of Legends Azikiwe, Ojukwu, Ekwueme, Obi As Pride Of Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.