Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? (29351 Views)

Game Business Centre Owners: Let's Meet Here / What Are Your Video Game Weird Habits? / New Video Game Business = All Your Video Game Needs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by sandeepc: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,

You can now Play World's Best Online Browser Game for Free, !!!

More more information please post your e-mail address here.

Will send you the link of the GAME within 24 Hours.

Trust me you will enjoy it.

Thanks for your support.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by chiste1: 7:36am On Feb 28, 2012
Whats the legal requirements to fulfill before operating a game business in Nigeria?
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by nas4q(m): 6:38am On Dec 19, 2012
modskiller: i currently run one but the prob i have is that of electricity and my staff cutting and slittering my throat.,
To avoid cheating, there's a major solution to that. What u do is to negotiate a fixed amount with d head of ur workers which he will pay u monthly depending on d average income. This way u are not bothered with cheating or damage to equipment.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Ups01(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
nas4q:

To avoid cheating, there's a major solution to that. What u do is to negotiate a fixed amount with d head of ur workers which he will pay u monthly depending on d average income. This way u are not bothered with cheating or damage to equipment.

modskiller:
i currently run one but the prob i have is that of electricity and my staff cutting and slittering my throat.,
chiste1:
Whats the legal requirements to fulfill before operating a game business in Nigeria?
modskiller:
i currently run one but the prob i have is that of electricity and my staff cutting and slittering my throat.,
jensinmi:
so essentially, the major hurdles are the same as seen with a lot of businesses in Nigeria
- Power
- Security
- Infrastructure.
chiste1:

3 years down the line, the thread is as useful as it was the, thumbs up to Nairaland.

ABEG PEOPLE HOW DO YOU BILL YOUR CUSTOMERS?

2 Likes

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ups01:

3 years down the line, the thread is as useful as it was the, thumbs up to Nairaland.

ABEG PEOPLE HOW DO YOU BILL YOUR CUSTOMERS?

Depends, #20, #30, #50. #100
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Ups01(m): 9:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
modskiller:

Depends, #20, #30, #50. #100

Please enlighten me,

It depends on what?
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Emmandus(m): 5:36am On Dec 20, 2015
Nice one.. looking into this ..
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 3:07am On Jan 09, 2016
Ups01:

Please enlighten me,
It depends on what?
The console type and the game being played sir.

2 Likes

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2016
Ups01:

Please enlighten me,
It depends on what?
PM me, let's talk better. I'm not always interested in posting on NL.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Ups01(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
modskiller:

I forgot my email password but i would be grateful if you can reach me on l-e-k-e-o-p-e@g-m-a-i-l.com
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 11:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Ups01:

I forgot my email password but i would be grateful if you can reach me on l-e-k-e-o-p-e@g-m-a-i-l.com
okay
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by GloTom: 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Plz naira landers! how much does it cost to register a business with CAC? I want to run a high standard barbing salon/games lounge...any Idea hw much it will cost to register and what is required
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 03, 2016
modskiller:

I'm interested. I need info please. Unemployment rate is seriously serious.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 7:25am On Feb 05, 2016
Kazna69:

I'm interested. I need info please. Unemployment rate is seriously serious.

I'll give you an analytical breakdown when I get to work today.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
modskiller:

OK thanks
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by cao(f): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2016
It appears this thread keeps getting resurrected...

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by OlowoB(m): 2:33am On Feb 12, 2016
modskiller:

please can you also send me the details at olemmyolowo@yahoo.com (i have also sent you a pm)

cheers
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
OlowoB:

please can you also send me the details at olemmyolowo@yahoo.com (i have also sent you a pm)

cheers

Okay, will do
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by OlowoB(m): 3:13am On Feb 17, 2016
modskiller:

Okay, will do

Please sir, i have seen your mail and replied but i am still yet to get feedback and also i have some other things to discuss with you as regards the Game Center. waiting for your feedback urgently sir.

cheers.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 2:47am On Feb 18, 2016
OlowoB:

Please sir, i have seen your mail and replied but i am still yet to get feedback and also i have some other things to discuss with you as regards the Game Center. waiting for your feedback urgently sir.

cheers.

I'm so so sorry, I will explain everything on the thread.

Brb
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
So far so good from what I have seen, video game business is not illegal.

Also, if you are going into a business, one thing must come to your mind. No matter the business you want go into, ask your self "Do I have the passion for this thing" if yes, you will surely make it right on time, provided you have the resources and the determination. If "NO", my brother you are heading down a lane you may not like.

Analysis of Sales.
First, make sure you get a location in a place where you have plenty kids, school, students and people under 25 years of age bracket. For they are the soul of the business esp. the first one.

To be continued...
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by modskiller(m): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2016
OlowoB:

cheers.

1. You need immense passion for the job.

2. Its a well paying job in the sense that, you only need to buy the consoles and maintain them very well. You do not need to buy any other material again. Except on occasions where you have worn out parts, say controllers and cables. Imagine where you own a factory that you only need to buy production machines and you do not need to keep buying raw materials to produce. The machine produces virtual services for people and they pay you. The work would have been the best get away if and only if we live in a nation where there was constant light. I spend about #4-7000 on fuel every week depending on how well customers come in. And trust NEPA, they won't dissapoint. Its as if they know when you have customers, they just take the light as if they've timed you.

3. You need to be located in a lively area with lots of small children and the shop must not be in the Open space, for kids fear their parents will kill them if they find them in a Game Center, and parents fear that their kids are in your shop to gamble with money they stole from them or may be tempted to steal and come play games at your place. That brings me to the fact that when you notice that a kid brings denominations above #100 to your shop and declares he would like to use all the money to play, ""that prick stole the money"" beware. You can simply allow him to go else where. You don't want a typical nigerian parent to show up at your shop for a showdown, trust me.

4. You need to be en vogue, have the games that are required of you. Have good controllers and TVs.

5. Those kids can be so annoying. Be sof on them a little, but don't be too soft. They will tag you a mugu.

6. They can steal anything. Yes. If you mistakenly place your mum carelessly on anywhere by anymean in your game centre. Its as good as gone. They once stole a brand new PS4 at a game centre in mushin and console is so big that it won't fit into any clothing material, the game is worth about #130/#140'000. They steal memory cards 24/7, they've even stolen my TV remote before and they always steal my batteries too.

7. Do not let the games suffer neglect, do not put them in a tight place. Let them be placed in a well ventilated area.

6 Likes

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

Your thread is quite helpful but I have a couple of questions though;
1. How do I set price for adventure games. I mean its easy to set 50 bucks for most games (a game of soccer at roughly 10mins or a session of Call of Duty since its easy to set time in most of the modes except Campaign. Mortal Kombat can be priced per round). All these are easy to price but some other gamers might want to enjoy God of War, COD Campaign Modes, Drake's Fortune, Assassins Creed, or Phanthom Pain. The value customers will enjoy in this games is a direct function of how long they spend holding the pad. So, how do we price.

2. Second question. Am only about to set up my own Game Center and am interested in knowing how to best manage and control the players time since am trying to start with 4 game stations. Is it better to use the TV timer function or manually look at each game and physically stop the player when the time is up. The difference between these too options is that the player who now has to drop pad has no choice since the TV has gone off on its own as opposed to him arguing with the manager or begging for extra time. Is there any other option.

Please advice!

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by OlowoB(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2016
stonerules:
Hi,

Your thread is quite helpful but I have a couple of questions though;
1. How do I set price for adventure games. I mean its easy to set 50 bucks for most games (a game of soccer at roughly 10mins or a session of Call of Duty since its easy to set time in most of the modes except Campaign. Mortal Kombat can be priced per round). All these are easy to price but some other gamers might want to enjoy God of War, COD Campaign Modes, Drake's Fortune, Assassins Creed, or Phanthom Pain. The value customers will enjoy in this games is a direct function of how long they spend holding the pad. So, how do we price.

2. Second question. Am only about to set up my own Game Center and am interested in knowing how to best manage and control the players time since am trying to start with 4 game stations. Is it better to use the TV timer function or manually look at each game and physically stop the player when the time is up. The difference between these too options is that the player who now has to drop pad has no choice since the TV has gone off on its own as opposed to him arguing with the manager or begging for extra time. Is there any other option.

Please advice!

Hello

can we relate better through email? also interested in this business. i'll send you a pm now and please you can contact me on *******

cheers
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2016
I've been interested in starting this business since 2012. Just don't have enough capital to setup. I do own a PS4 & a gaming monitor.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by ThaInquisition: 12:41am On Apr 07, 2016
This is a very helpful thread some criminals would charge people for this info, God Bless You.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Ayomipoe(m): 8:23am On Aug 15, 2016
Thinking of starting one, got a shop free for a year. I currently have an Xbox 360 and and PS3 . Hoping to buy a ps4 and a ps2 to compliment . helpful thread, with minimal police interference, a game center can be a great SME.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Blanc8(m): 6:52am On Jan 18, 2017
Quick one guys, thinking of running a game center in Abuja *Specifically Maraba axis*would consist of five play station3 and two playstation 2 ... With time would upgrade to P4 ..... Already target market young school leavers and students... Yours thoughts guys would be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video / Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 / HELP!! Cheats For Unlimited Coin For Dream League Soccer 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.