Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,352 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? (29348 Views)

Game Business Centre Owners: Let's Meet Here / What Are Your Video Game Weird Habits? / New Video Game Business = All Your Video Game Needs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Androidking: 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2017
Blanc8:
Quick one guys, thinking of running a game center in Abuja *Specifically Maraba axis*would consist of five play station3 and two playstation 2 ... With time would upgrade to P4 ..... Already target market young school leavers and students... Yours thoughts guys would be appreciated

i just want to drop something for people who wants to set up a game center the best way to check stealing is to put up a CCTV ,

and put the monitoring screen in another divided with a wall probably where u keep ur money , since most people coming to your shops are people from within that means you might probably know them very well just by looking at them or by may be u will know their friends , so when u put a camera and make every one know that u have security camera already , that will reduce theft , and also impact fear in most children , and most importantly u will know the face of the person that stole from u or from your customers,

u know that super markets are large and one can easily steal smthing with out any one seeing but the knowledge,
of security camera is preventing most people from going further with the act

i believe this is useful

4 Likes

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by crafteck(m): 5:11am On Dec 03, 2017
Its all about packaging

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by crafteck(m): 5:13am On Dec 03, 2017
Gods grace and standards, got 20kva gen, inverters and cctv

Una apc don spoil everything ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Teekim: 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gaming business is highly profitable. Just a few days old in the biz yet am making an average of #1200 daily with just two consoles.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by crafteck(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
Teekim:
Gaming business is highly profitable. Just a few days old in the biz yet am making an average of #1200 daily with just two consoles.

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by mattmogan88: 4:15pm On Oct 23, 2019
Anyone still following this thread

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by 9tailskid: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
mattmogan88:
Anyone still following this thread
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by mattmogan88: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
Anyone still here
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Charles1110(m): 2:08am On Dec 01, 2019
Sure, planning on opening one soon
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by iroayo: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
Just got enough info about gaming lounge here, thanks to all the contributors.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by ViykeNairaland: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blanc8:
Quick one guys, thinking of running a game center in Abuja *Specifically Maraba axis*would consist of five play station3 and two playstation 2 ... With time would upgrade to P4 ..... Already target market young school leavers and students... Yours thoughts guys would be appreciated
Have you set up? I ran into a center recently in mararaba...nothing fancy...8 game stations...one staff. Impressive number of clients...though the clients were children hawking...I am considering setting up center in Nyanya. Regards

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Blanc8(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
ViykeNairaland:
Have you set up? I ran into a center recently in mararaba...nothing fancy...8 game stations...one staff. Impressive number of clients...though the clients were children hawking...I am considering setting up center in Nyanya. Regards
Yeah I did, long time ago closed up also, not a vaible venture in 2020 thou (personal opinion) except maybe you want to do Ps4
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by ViykeNairaland: 1:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Blanc8:

Yeah I did, long time ago closed up also, not a vaible venture in 2020 thou (personal opinion) except maybe you want to do Ps4
....wow! Where in mararaba did you set up? Did you have any issues from police? With 7 consoles and the teaming youth population I am curious to know what informed your opinion on viability. Regards
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by horlaitan: 2:35pm On May 06, 2020
Hello. I know this is 2020 and I don't know if the business is still lucrative. I plan to inject about N2M into video game centre with five Play Station 4, or more with brand new led 32inch LG TVs here in Lagos mainland, (Abule-Egba) area to be precise. You know make it a standard game house and registering the company with CAC or whatnot. BUT!! I don't know if the business is still lucrative like those golden years. Reason why I wanna go big is because there's no one game lounge here in this area that I know of. In fact I don't even plan on allowing people below 18 years to patronise me. I want the big guys. Top gaming lounge fully air conditioned. You've been there before and your opinion matters a lot. Thank you.

Blanc8:

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Blanc8(m): 10:37pm On May 06, 2020
horlaitan:
Hello. I know this is 2020 and I don't know if the business is still lucrative. I plan to inject about N2M into video game centre with five Play Station 4, or more with brand new led 32inch LG TVs here in Lagos mainland, (Abule-Egba) area to be precise. You know make it a standard game house and registering the company with CAC or whatnot. BUT!! I don't know if the business is still lucrative like those golden years. Reason why I wanna go big is because there's no one game lounge here in this area that I know of. In fact I don't even plan on allowing people below 18 years to patronise me. I want the big guys. Top gaming lounge fully air conditioned. You've been there before and your opinion matters a lot. Thank you.

What's your long term goal?

If it will take you 6month to get your ROI... I'll personally tell you to buy btc and watch your money double
The world has moved, all the money is on the internet right now

I didn't think this through,
Just telling you what I'll do with 2m
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by ogbenimax007: 9:59pm On May 07, 2020
Blanc8:

What's your long term goal?

If it will take you 6month to get your ROI... I'll personally tell you to buy btc and watch your money double
The world has moved, all the money is on the internet right now

I didn't think this through,
Just telling you what I'll do with 2m
won tun de

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Olayetan(m): 10:48pm On May 07, 2020
horlaitan:

Lemme not lie to you, its no more lucrative like the olden days, reason is, many now prefer to own the console and connect the console online to play with other players. Unlike before where you goto game centre and play with other players, but things have changed now.

Think of some other business.

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Blanc8(m): 5:30am On May 08, 2020
ogbenimax007:
won tun de

Best Wishes
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by mattmogan88: 12:04pm On May 08, 2020
Back off, its no longer lucrative. I opened mine last Year with regrets, channel your money to something else

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by akinsoft01(m): 12:52am On May 09, 2020
i stay here and i assure you, please dont even bother. rather push that into a lounge and maybe have one console to make a difference where men can take on their friends while drinking. just one console ohh, e get why. price should be like snookers also. and you might like to have a snooker board around where they can wait thier turns if more than one person show interest at a time. over time your lounge business would cover all cost and you might even whine one or two to engage you in free games. this way you know what they might like to play and the likes.

horlaitan:

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Draei: 10:19am On Jan 01, 2021
Anyone still running a game center currently till date?
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 9:39pm On May 28, 2021
Draei:
Anyone still running a game center currently till date?

Me want to start one, doing research to see how to make it sweet
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:14am On Dec 31, 2021
How lucrative is this business in 2021/22?
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by miccoli1234(m): 7:59am On Jan 08, 2022
Its still lucrative if you wish to invest...
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by DSTVee(m): 8:13am On Jan 09, 2022
Just to contribute to this topic. I opened a video game shop 4 days ago. Although i already have a bet shop, the shop is big and their is space, so i bought 2 ps3 and got two tv(32'). So far the first day i made 2700. Its 50naira per game,so each game i get 100, that is when two people play. The second day i got 2300,and yesterday I got 3000. I believe when it gets to maturity I should be making up to 5000 a day. The small boy i employed was already working in a video game shop, i kind of stole him from there lol. So all his customers shifted to my shop along with him. Maybe not all but for a start im very hopeful customers will come more than they are coming now. The location of my shop is in makurdi. So I guess its still lucrative. I didn't need to buy generator and seats and fan and other stuff kos i already have all of that while running the betshop. So all i jad to buy was tv and the consoles.

3 Likes

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by leadborn: 11:46pm On Feb 17, 2022
DSTVee:
Just to contribute to this topic. I opened a video game shop 4 days ago. Although i already have a bet shop, the shop is big and their is space, so i bought 2 ps3 and got two tv(32'). So far the first day i made 2700. Its 50naira per game,so each game i get 100, that is when two people play. The second day i got 2300,and yesterday I got 3000. I believe when it gets to maturity I should be making up to 5000 a day. The small boy i employed was already working in a video game shop, i kind of stole him from there lol. So all his customers shifted to my shop along with him. Maybe not all but for a start im very hopeful customers will come more than they are coming now. The location of my shop is in makurdi. So I guess its still lucrative. I didn't need to buy generator and seats and fan and other stuff kos i already have all of that while running the betshop. So all i jad to buy was tv and the consoles.

How about the business now boss? How is sales now? I'm also thinking of setting up the same stuff.
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Theidums: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Just a quick one, as of 2023, after the new administration took power and announce that the subsidy is gone. Fuel went like times 3 of what one used to buy as of 2023 January. What's your ideal prize one can put the prize of p3 and p4. For their customer to play. And also what's the ideal prize for watching foot ball in view center

1 Like

Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by Tijani009: 3:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Theidums:
Just a quick one, as of 2023, after the new administration took power and announce that the subsidy is gone. Fuel went like times 3 of what one used to buy as of 2023 January. What's your ideal prize one can put the prize of p3 and p4. For their customer to play. And also what's the ideal prize for watching foot ball in view center
I was going to open mine after service but will it still be viable now that fuel is 500
Re: Is Video Game Business Illegal In Nigeria? by haywhy59(m): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2023
Is this biz still lucrative in 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Titi Tilapia: Nigeria's First Computer Game: Gameplay Video / Extremely Disappointed With PES 2014 / HELP!! Cheats For Unlimited Coin For Dream League Soccer 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.