Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? (16850 Views)

Omoria Michael Registered Twice At Tinubu's Polling Unit - FIJ / Stingy Men Association Of Nigeria, Our New ID Is Ready / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 5:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
So I opened a new bank account with my phone and deposited some money into it.

Now I can't use the money because my BVN has not been linked to the account number.

I went to the bank and they said they will not link it because the name on the BVN does not tally with the name on my voter's card.

So they told me I must provide an ID that tallies with the name on my BVN.

I thought of obtaining a new BVN or national ID.

I went and registered for a new national IDy the day before yesterday. They told me to come next week.

But now my conscience is disturbing me and I'm also a bit scared. Is this right? And is there any consequences for it?

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Zakkyoz: 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
The second one will be invalid. Once National Identity Number (NIN) has been generated for you with the initial registration, it can never be done again because your fingers print must have been captured.

#speaking from recent experience#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
Zakkyoz:
The second one will be invalid. Once National Identity Number (NIN) has been generated for you with the initial registration, it can never be done again because your fingers print must have been captured.

#speaking from recent experience#

About recent experience,

You mean you've tried it before?

Because my Fingerprint was captured and they gave me a slip with a tracking ID and then ask me to come this Thursday.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by borlarge(m): 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
Premiumwriter:

About recent experience,

Because my Fingerprint was captured and they gave me a slip with a tracking ID and then ask me to come this Thursday.
please bro, are you able to later do it twice, because am also in your shoes
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Premiumwriter: 12:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
borlarge:
please bro, are you able to later do it twice, because am also in your shoes
fear catch me so I never go there to collect the card o.

I registered but didn't go back to collect the card
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by borlarge(m): 2:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
Premiumwriter:

but have you now make the correction?
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Ojiofor: 4:03pm On Mar 18, 2020
Premiumwriter:

You should go for international passport if you hasn't done before.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Subonbon(m): 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
This thing weak me.... I have the same problem too they said i have registered before of which i cant remember registering now i went to register they are saying i have done it before later got one slip of which the tracking id did not bring out any of my details.... This kind thing tire me.... But there is no how someone have not registered for this thing twice.... And i need it badly
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by PureGoldh(m): 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
The second one is void...it's just like you recharging a particular recharge card twice.....e no go dey valid
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by IamWonderful: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
No jaree,
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by hegelian: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Premiumwriter:

About recent experience,

dont worry you just wasted your time cos it wont come out..when you get there on thursday they will give you the shocker that you have done it before..if you have any issue with the one you did before, all you need to do is to go there and explain and you will advised on what to do...you cant beat the national id biometric system

2 Likes

Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Subonbon(m): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2020
If anybody get id card issues i am one step away..... Just bell me we go know how we go run am.... Message will do though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by baralatie(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2020
hegelian:

dont worry you just wasted your time cos it wont come out..when you get there on thursday they will give you the shocker that you have done it before..if you have any issue with the one you did before, all you need to do is to go there and explain and you will advised on what to do...you cant beat the national id biometric system
fact
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Emm16: 7:14am On Sep 26, 2021
I also enrolled....and told me to come back the following week with my transaction slip....

But now am no longer in that region
Can I take it anywhere else?
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Bamitech4: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
So, what can I do to get the original nin
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
I have this sis(neighbour) that is yet to get a NIN after registering about 3times at 3different places, she is always told that the NIN isn't out yet, anytime she tried checking through ussd on her phone, it says no NIN is assigned to the number.
She is having some fund hanging in her account, bank insists on having an ID to give her the fund(less than ₦50k oo on a student account).
Pls what can she do to get her NIN
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Coolx: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2022
Subonbon:
If anybody get id card issues i am one step away..... Just bell me we go know how we go run am.... Message will do though
Bro hw fa u still dey run this stuff
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Subonbon(m): 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
Coolx:

Bro hw fa u still dey run this stuff
baba I still get the person wey dey run am

1 Like

Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Spencit: 11:24am On Feb 22, 2023
Abeg who fit help with NIN Data Corrections
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Spencit: 11:25am On Feb 22, 2023
Subonbon:
baba I still get the person wey dey run am

Abeg link up
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Subonbon(m): 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2023
Spencit:

Abeg link up
good evening bro, you can call this number to talk to him 08062118199 Douglas from sego
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Harmless2023: 7:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Bro all you have to do is to go your bank to modify your name, your bank will order you to go to your local government to obtain an affidavit of change of name. That's just it, note that your local government will demand for some little token of money to run it for you nothing is free in this our country.
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by omowolewa: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2023
There is, your head would appear twice whereas you have only one head.

You added ghost number to our population. Go and confess
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Highlyi(m): 11:55am On Jan 30
Subonbon:
good evening bro, you can call this number to talk to him 08062118199 Douglas from sego

Hi bro I really need some corrections on my id and I have went to their office here at Agege but people plenty so is this number you drop still available for its purpose
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by Subonbon(m): 8:45pm On Jan 30
Highlyi:

Hi bro I really need some corrections on my id and I have went to their office here at Agege but people plenty so is this number you drop still available for its purpose
I haven't spoken with the guy for long try and reach out to him it's still available... If he doesn't respond well tell me so I can try and see if my other plug can run it....
Re: I Registered Twice For National ID... Is There Any Consequences? by EuchariaOkoro: 12:06pm On Mar 23
Please I really need help.
My NIN date of birth wrong, now they are telling me that I will get approval to change it because it more than 5years past.

(1) (Reply)

APC Or Labour Party Presidency, A Threat To Nigeria's Unity - Harry Ariko / A List Of Tinubu's Titles And Awards / Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.