Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC (47466 Views)

FG Plans Three National ID Cards For 104m Nigerians June / Roads: We Have N431 Billion Ready For Collection, Umahi Tells Contractors / 300,000 National ID Cards Ready For Collection - NIMC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Gistpeeps: 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2018

The National Identity Management Commission has said that over 300,000 national identity cards for those who enrolled in 2012 are ready for collection.NIMC Spokesman, Loveday Ogbonna, urged enrollees in the year 2012, up to August 2013 and who were yet to pick up their cards, to do so immediately.

Ogbonna said that those concerned should visit the enrolment centres where they registered and pick up their cards, which had since been printed and ready for collection.

He said that the commission had pasted names of enrollees whose cards had been printed and awaiting collection at various centres, to enable such individuals check and present themselves for card collection.

According to him, some of the people in this category may have changed the phone numbers they used to register, hence they are not able to receive text messages informing them that their cards are ready.

“Applicants who have relocated and want their cards transferred to their current location should visit any NIMC office closest to them to request for a card transfer form.

“They should fill and submit the form to the State Coordinator or Local Government Supervisor for processing.

“This is possible for those who either received text message or confirmed via the list posted at the enrolment centres that their cards are ready for collection. This service is free for now and available at all enrolment centres,” he said.

Ogbonna said that the transfer process was necessitated by a survey carried out by the Customer Care Unit of the commission.

He said that the survey showed that over 300,000 enrolled applicants nationwide were yet to pick up their National e-ID cards.

Ogbonna said that the reasons were because they had either relocated from the locations where they enrolled or had changed the phone numbers they provided at the point of enrolment into the National Identity Database.

“Thousands of registered applicants have changed the phone numbers they provided at the point of registration, and as such, may not have received our card collection notifications, while some persons may have changed location since after enrolment.

”We want to use this medium to appeal to any of such persons to visit any NIMC Enrolment Centre close to them to request for Card transfer,” the NIMC said in a statement.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/just-in-national-id-cards-ready-for-collection-nimc.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Laryne(m): 4:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
I changed my mind... I just deleted my comment.
You would have been glad you saw it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by baralatie(m): 5:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
2018 - 2012 = 6 years for nimc
na wa o

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Racoon(m): 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Nigeria just remained a failed state.Imagine valid Nigerians having no identity for this duration of time undecided
Meanwhile foreigners are already in possession of the Nigerian voter's cards until they were arrested by the NIS.

An ID that could have been easy to be produced as Banks ATM cards are being issued? Why do Nigeria keep collecting information yet dont know how well to manage same?

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by MadamExcellency: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is laughable.

2012 enrollees?

The bank issues Visa and MasterCard immediately as soon as you complete the doted lines.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by telleyway: 5:43pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is very shameful, six years to print I'd card. What a nation

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Binikingdowm: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
I spit on Nigeria

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Gistpeeps: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2018
since 2013.. na wa for this people

5 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Opinionated: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Might try to pick up it up.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by earthsync(f): 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
baralatie:
2018 - 2012 = 6 years for nimc

na wa o

Seriously, this country keeps baffling me every single day.2012-2018 is what it took to print id cards God this country tire me

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by itiswellandwell: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
Lies.

Need to replace Ur bad s8 screen? Av got one s8 screen for just 55k. Call/whatsapp 09090287555
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by datola: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
Gistpeeps:

The National Identity Management Commission has said that over 300,000 national identity cards for those who enrolled in 2012 are ready for collection.NIMC Spokesman, Loveday Ogbonna, urged enrollees in the year 2012, up to August 2013 and who were yet to pick up their cards, to do so immediately.

Ogbonna said that those concerned should visit the enrolment centres where they registered and pick up their cards, which had since been printed and ready for collection.

He said that the commission had pasted names of enrollees whose cards had been printed and awaiting collection at various centres, to enable such individuals check and present themselves for card collection.

According to him, some of the people in this category may have changed the phone numbers they used to register, hence they are not able to receive text messages informing them that their cards are ready.

“Applicants who have relocated and want their cards transferred to their current location should visit any NIMC office closest to them to request for a card transfer form.

“They should fill and submit the form to the State Coordinator or Local Government Supervisor for processing.

“This is possible for those who either received text message or confirmed via the list posted at the enrolment centres that their cards are ready for collection. This service is free for now and available at all enrolment centres,” he said.

Ogbonna said that the transfer process was necessitated by a survey carried out by the Customer Care Unit of the commission.

He said that the survey showed that over 300,000 enrolled applicants nationwide were yet to pick up their National e-ID cards.

Ogbonna said that the reasons were because they had either relocated from the locations where they enrolled or had changed the phone numbers they provided at the point of enrolment into the National Identity Database.

“Thousands of registered applicants have changed the phone numbers they provided at the point of registration, and as such, may not have received our card collection notifications, while some persons may have changed location since after enrolment.

”We want to use this medium to appeal to any of such persons to visit any NIMC Enrolment Centre close to them to request for Card transfer,” the NIMC said in a statement.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/just-in-national-id-cards-ready-for-collection-nimc.html

Inefficient buffons. Can you imagine, since 2012. What is rocket science in getting National ID card ready for citizens within days.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by slawomir: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
Isoright

Mumu them.
Make them kukuma call Nigeria sloth
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by KingOfAllIgbos: 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2018
grin

People cant complain now.

It is an APC + PDP problem grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by stalwart123(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
grin

My country my country...

Enrolled in 2012/2013; Ready in 2018/2019

Enrolled in 2018/2019; Will be ready in ...

Who did we offend in Nigeria? No system has ever worked!!!

28 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by somehow: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
Shameful

3 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by alsudaes1(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
Sure?
Since 2013, no show...
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by TheEconomist: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
I didn't change my phone number and I registered during that period, yet no notification from them.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by kasend(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
I just tire with this people.........
What is wrong with Nigeria sef, ehn.

1 Like

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Blue3k(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
Why dont they just mail the cards? Make people pay a little extra and the postal service does the leg work. I dont see why anyone wants to come back twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by MooreJozo(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
lol
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by obojememe: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
na wa o
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by kevoh(m): 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2018
What happened to 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018?
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by nickxtra(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
Gistpeeps:

Since 2012 that I registered, my card is not printed. They are just lying to themselves
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Breegz14(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
My mum registered in 2013 and has still not gotten her's, went to their office this month and they said it's not ready.
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by gr8tone: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
This is bizarre. If it were building a church or a mosque, I bet you it would have been done with the speed of light. If it took this long to produce for only thausands applicants, we should expect eternity for over two million applicants. Nonsense change

4 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Donmoscojaja(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
I was charged N500 to collect mine here in umuahia, so its not free my people

2 Likes

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Peacemaker5128: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
Shout yeasterners should be excluded because they are Jews
Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Me that did mine in 2015 nko?

1 Like

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by redpencil: 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hope everyone is covered

Re: National ID Cards Ready For Collection —NIMC by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
MadamExcellency:
This is laughable.

2012 enrollees?

The bank issues Visa and MasterCard immediately as soon as you complete the doted lines.

That tells you more about the efficiency of private organisations to public institutions in Nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out Kiki Osinbajo's Look To Zahra Buhari's Wedding (photos) / I Was Shocked When I Saw President Buhari In London- Rochas Okorocha / Grace Ladoja Steps Out In Cleavage Baring Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.