Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Helping The Needy As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Helping The Needy As Christians (175 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Give To The Poor And Help The Needy. It May Be Your Only Saving Grace-Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Helping The Needy As Christians by Thompson180(m): 11:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
IN SERVICE TO THE NEEDY
I remember few years ago,there was a fire outbreak in my community which destroyed lots of properties of both humble and proud men alike.people wailing outside the scene trying to save one document or the other to no avail, some complained how they kept some substantial amount of money under their pillows . So passing through the scene the following morning we were graced with unhappy faces , Some crying while trying to squat flies from their children while others roaming around or curdling with their babies with a small wrapper.
I recall seeing a woman beating her child for not releasing the fowls from their cages during the incident. Just then a woman came with a bag of old clothes to give to the women affected and still came over giving them food. Some collected reluctantly while others wholeheartedly without a thankyou from their mouth.A little girl ran up to her and said in her tiny voice "Thank you".
We all are enjoined in helping the needy without shying away,give without expecting a reward, don't loud it to everybody that you are helping the poor and help without reservation. From Gen 18 we can see how Abraham was hospitable to the three travelers little did he know it was all Gods plan. Also Lot accommodated the three Angels and they assisted him to escape the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
This woman in the excerpt reminds me of Gal 6:1-10 " As we have the opportunity, let us do good to all people " We have a lot of people in need, maybe a friend in need if a cup of water or a sister depressed and in need of a shoulder to cry on ,Even as little as prayers can change things for a better tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Restitution And Salvation / You Are Missing A Lot If You Are Not Listening To The Daily Audio Broadcast. / Homegrown Fears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.