Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career (44273 Views)

Self-Medication: Opeyemi Aiyeola Escapes Death. Lands In Hospital (Video) / Bisola Aiyeola's Throwback Photos At 2008 Project Fame And More / Opeyemi Aiyeola Celebrates Her 40th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by Melian(f): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2019
Ikemefuna44:
The truth is Toyin Ahimaku Abraham and a host of others relegated you. Madam, you are no longer relevant in the movie industry.

Trash. The likes of Toyin Abraham can't hold a candle to Opeyemi A.

5 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by dayleke: 8:57am On Feb 02, 2019
Sorry ma.
Times don change.
Opon to sun.
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by bahdpersona(m): 9:10am On Feb 02, 2019
goslowgoslow:
Bleaching agent.
is she black before?

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by Jalingo767(m): 9:13am On Feb 02, 2019
GistMore:
Popular actor and producer, Opeyemi Aiyeola, was away from the movie scene for a decade after she got married. She later resumed acting in 2017, but while speaking to Saturday Beats, Aiyeola noted that a lot of things had changed in the industry from the time she left in 2007.

Emphasising that success in the industry was determined by talents in those days, she added that climbing the ladder of stardom now has been laced with favoritism.

“Nollywood used to be an industry of talents; unfortunately when I came back, I realised it was no longer a career path of talented people. It is now about social media. It is more about how much money an individual has to spend on publicity and the likes.

“So many people even get undeserved awards these days. Outside the movie set, the industry has become a world of make-believe. For example, everybody expects me to do photo shoots for birthdays and Valentine’s Day and I always wonder what could be the reason behind that. And me, I have responsibilities and children to cater for, so I can’t be doing all that.

“I have family members I am responsible for. It is crazily exciting and frustrating sometimes. It depends on how I handle it, sincerely, if I decide to roll the way they roll, it will be frustrating for me. When I go on social media, I just laugh these days. There was a time I wanted to give up because it was too much for me, I couldn’t cope. A lot of people, who know me, know I am not fashionable.

“There are times I want to go out without makeup or wig, but these days, it is crazy. There was one morning that I was with a colleague and we met this wonderful male fan; he wanted to take pictures with us. My colleague declined because she didn’t have any makeup on, she stressed that the man might tag her on the picture and she didn’t want to be seen like that. I took a picture with him the way I was.

“Interestingly, when he posted the picture on social media, I received a lot of negative comments because of the way I looked in the picture; it can be extremely frustrating. Social media is a world I don’t understand; that is why I am always quiet there. I have the power to delete and block any negative comments; it is that simple. I make conscious efforts not to expose myself to negative news; the good thing is that it will go away with time. I left in 2007; I came back fully in 2017. I did bits of work once in a while before then,” she told Saturday Beats.

Aiyeola also noted that building a family with her husband was her priority when she got married and relocated. She also explained the efforts she made to ensure her children understood Yoruba culture.

“I relocated for marital reasons. When I left for the UK; building a family together with my husband was my priority. I feel there is always time for everything; nothing else was more important to me than my family. After raising my children, I thought the time was right for me to come back, so I came back to Nigeria to do more movies. I discussed it with my husband and he was in support; I tried to pick up from where I left.

“As a Yoruba woman, I try to speak my language to my children, we cook more of Nigerian dishes in the house; I don’t really like foreign delicacies. I really don’t have a favourite meal, I drink a lot of garri and groundnut every day; and I think I am even addicted to it,” she said.

When asked about the effect marriage had on her career, she noted that she left the industry at a time when things were getting better.

“Marriage had a great effect on my career because I left at a time when things were getting better in the industry, in terms of endorsements, and the likes. In my book, there is always a price to pay for everything. It costs some people money and some their career; it is all about sacrifice. Considering my age, when I got married, doing that and having children was more important to me at the time. I won’t crucify or judge anybody for their choices, it is an individual race.

“However, it is important to marry when the right person comes, not being bound by age. That is the mistake some people make these days; life can be complicated. I advise young people to always get married when they find the right person. Another issue ladies should consider is that a woman’s fertility period is limited, so in their pursuit of career and money, they should always be conscious of the period of grace they have as regards their fertility. It is nature; it is not anybody’s fault.

“Some women have missed their destined time to get married and have children; this may make them settle for less, or spend a lot of money trying to have children. Some people don’t even want to have children, so it solely depends on individuals. Everybody has their own time,” she said.

https://punchng.com/why-i-left-nigeria-for-uk-at-the-peak-of-my-career-opeyemi-aiyeola/amp/
Family first

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by oloriLFC(f): 9:20am On Feb 02, 2019
amahthelma:
People won't read all DAT nw and dey will start attacking ha
Well for me she was on point with all wat she said
so on point and she didn't attack anyone
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by Muscomide: 9:40am On Feb 02, 2019
This girl bin fine that year o.
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:56am On Feb 02, 2019
Firefire:
Because of the evil Change in APC

Izuchukwu Igwilo aka Firefire..

You are as demented as Peter Obi, a bastard thrown out Chinese living in Biafran land

1 Like

Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by Firefire(m): 10:14am On Feb 02, 2019
DEHVEHLOP:

Izuchukwu Igwilo aka Firefire..

You are as demented as Peter Obi, a bastard thrown out Chinese living in Biafran land

2 Likes

Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 02, 2019
Firefire:
Because of the evil Change in APC
oga, everything must not be about politics, at least
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by seangy4konji: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2019
Ur cup of tea
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by AmeLonRo(m): 11:27am On Feb 02, 2019
Thats good. Have your wife and unite. have your husband and unite.

Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Business Or Company

A man who was into fast food sales and has many outlets all over was asked to teach an MBA class. He asked the students what they thought was his business. They all laughed because the question was simple. The man, they assumed was in the fast food sales business. He surprised them by informing them that that was his job but real estate was his business. He made more money from real estate than from food sales. He buys the land on which the fast food businesses thrives and makes more from that.

You need to own your own business. You need to start your own company. Whether you work for government or private make sure you start a company of your own. Here are some reasons or benefits of starting your own company or business. Decide to be a business owner today.

1. Free time and time at your control. Owning your own company grants you some free time. You can take a break whenever you desire. Initially though, when the company is just starting you have to do a lot of work sometimes without free time. When it stands you can have some free time for yourself. Everyone has 24 hours per day and 168 hours per week. The only difference is what each person does with time. If you were trapped in a burning building and had only 2 hours to escape, you wouldn’t do some nasty things but think only of safety. When you apply the same level of importance and quickness to your business you will be an instant success.

2. You build something in your name. It is not easy to start anything. It is difficult to start. Starting your own company makes you one of the few who are bold enough to stand out from the crowd and keep doing exploits with their one singular life. The business you build bears your name and you leave a good legacy behind; in your very name!

3. Tax advantage. Starting a company sometimes can give you some advantages in terms of tax. Because you are an employer of labour the government may give you a tax break or reduce the tax that you pay. Find out about this if you have a company and take advantage of it.

4. Feeling of fulfilment and joy. Building a company can give you a sense of fulfilment, pride and joy. Just like footballers celebrate after a game so owners of companies are happy when its successful.

5. You can pass the company to your children or family. A job cannot be inherited by the children or family members but a company or business can be inherited by one’s family members. Your family members cannot inherit your certificates too.

6. You have a job always and cannot be sacked. During downsizing and retrenchment company owners are not usually affected. It’s the others that become jittery and are affected. Having your own company means that you have a job always and cannot be sacked except the company is no more.

7. You get to know many more people.As a company or business owner you get to interact with many people at different levels. This increases your network. Your network can determine your net worth.

Read more at https://newkokoro.com/2019/02/02/25-reasons-why-you-should-start-your-own-business-or-company/
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by Baselm: 1:28pm On Feb 02, 2019
martineverest:
she has always been a light complexion Yoruba actress like sola sobowole.....but wasn't this fair.i guess she foolishly bleached to be whiter than Irish people.naija ladies and low self esteem
If u have a fair complexion in Nigeria and u travel overseas, ure bound to become fairer because of the less sun over there and the cold weather.
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by xcelentattitude(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
martineverest:
she has always been a light complexion Yoruba actress like sola sobowole.....but wasn't this fair.i guess she foolishly bleached to be whiter than Irish people.naija ladies and low self esteem

Kare lai, you have been following Yoruba film since 1960 abi

Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by martineverest(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2019
Baselm:

If u have a fair complexion in Nigeria and u travel overseas, ure bound to become fairer because of the less sun over there and the cold weather.
it doesn't mean.....a fair lady in naija that doesn't expose herself to the sun will not become fairer,when she gets abroad...imagine a banker that stays under AC from 7 to 8pm and hardly get to see the sun...do u think she will get fairer she she travels abroad?
Re: Opeyemi Aiyeola: Why I Left Nigeria For UK At The Peak Of My Career by enemyofprogress: 6:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
Her mouth is fokn ugly when she cries

(1) (2) (Reply)

Davido Apologizes To Dele Momodu As They Reconcile (Photos) / Migos Having Fun With Davido & Bred, Show Off Naira Notes (Pics, Video) / Linda Ikeji: The 3 Most Important People In My Life - Son, Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.