Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) (12499 Views)

Hack And Install Games On Your PS4 Console, For As Low As 1K Each. / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Get Your PS4 Chipped Plus Free Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2019
TechCapon

Just like our smartphones get errors that require a factory reset, so also does the game consoles also requires a factory reset. Here in this post, I will be sharing step by step process of applying a factory reset to the PS4. Whether you’re trying to fix an error or just trying to test a software update, you need to do a factory reset. A lot of PS4 owners don’t even know the factory reset option is available, not alone how to apply it.

However, the factory reset is simply a process that reverts it back to its original, out-of-the-box state. Also, the factory reset is not something we apply every now and then. Just like it works in your smartphones, that’s the same way it works in the PS4. It wipes out the entire system hard drive and also might remove the software.

WHEN CAN I APPLY FACTORY RESET TO MY PS4?

When you want to sell off your PS4 to a new buyer. It is important to do a factory reset in order to wipe off your personal data from the console.

Also, it is also used as a last option when a software glitch stops your PlayStation 4 dead in its tracks. In this case, you have no choice but to do a full factory reset.

However, it is important to note that you must back up your videos, etc to an external device or to the cloud. Before you can use the cloud, you must have a PlayStation Plus account.

METHODS OF APPLYING FACTORY RESET TO YOUR PS4

There are 2 major ways to apply reset to your PS4. From the console’s dashboard or in Safe Mode if the console is having boot-up issues or unable to boot.

HOW TO RESET VIA THE CONSOLE’S DASHBOARD

1. Sign into your PS4 and go to the settings menu.

Once in the menu, scroll down to “PlayStation Network/Account Management.” First, you need to deactivate the machine as your primary PlayStation 4. This step is very crucial, it allows you to play downloaded games offline by identifying this particular PS4 as yours. If you miss this step, you’ll encounter a host of other problem as you try to sign in and play your games.

2. Deactivate your PlayStation 4

Navigate to “Activate as Your Primary PS4.” After that just click on “deactivate” and click “yes” on the next screen.

3. Sign in again with your user account

You need to note that user account is different from your PS4 account. Once signed in, head to the settings menu of your PS4 again.

4. Navigate to the “INITIALIZATION” option in the settings menu

This point is very important. Here you will find two options which are “Restore Default Settings” and “Initialize PS4.” The “restore default settings” option will only clear your saved settings data and return the PS4 to its factory settings. It will not wipe your hard drive. Then the “initialization” option is the big one. This is the one that will clear your hard drive of data, including downloaded games, saved game data, and anything else you’ve added to the console since buying it.

5. Go to “initialize” and choose “FULL”

This is the big one you’re looking for. Note that this process takes a lot of time. Probably, a couple of hours. Once you initialize it, a progress bar pops up to show you how long it’s going to take. During this process do not disconnect it from the power source. If you want to sell it, then you’re free to sell it because your data have all been erased.
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2019
HOW TO PERFORM A FACTORY RESET FROM “SAFE MODE”

This is quite simple but must only be used when you have software glitches. You can access this option from the console’s Safe Mode.

1. TURN YOUR PS4 FULLY OFF

2. HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL YOU HEAR TWO BEEPS SOUND

3. CHOOSE THE RESET OPTION

The last option is “Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software),” which is an even bigger factory reset that will require you to reinstall the PS4’s operating system.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/how-to-apply-factory-reset-to-your-ps4-screenshots/

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 10:59am On Feb 02, 2019
If you have any issues, feel free to ask me any questions cool
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by freemanbubble: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2019
Okay
Am not into gaming that much sha
But i must confess PS4 is dope sha

One was brought from Dubai for my little sibling and nephew

Mennn. That na real machine

Common the ear piece that comes with it is too dope

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2019
TechCapon:
PS and XBOX which is better in terms of graphics and gameplay?

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by awesomecom: 11:22am On Feb 02, 2019
good info
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2019
krattoss:
PS and XBOX which is better in terms of graphics and gameplay?
both of them are great but Playstation is more popular and has more games than Xbox. Xbox has limited gaming options

7 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Memberclub(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2019
I have one for sale. I want to start gaming on pc. Psn access is just annoying.
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2019
sheypian:

I have a PS4 for sale...
Used slightly
Holla if DM if interested.
ok. How much
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by tosyne2much(m): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2019
I have a brand new PS4 (1TB) going for N160, 000

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 02, 2019
TechCapon:
when is ps5 coming out

1 Like

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Herlertah(m): 11:33am On Feb 02, 2019
sheypian:

I have a PS4 for sale... Used slightly Location:Ibadan Holla if DM if interested.
How much
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Lordsocrates: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2019
Please who has Kinect xbox sensor to sell here, ? Do quote or DM me if you do
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2019
freemanbubble:
Okay
Am not into gaming that much sha
But i must confess PS4 is dope sha

One was brought from Dubai for my little sibling and nephew

Mennn. That na real machine

Common the ear piece that comes with it is too dope

if you're not into gaming, guy you're missing a lot.

6 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by TechCapon(m): 11:37am On Feb 02, 2019
GBOKASINCHA:
when is ps5 coming out
ps5 is coming next year 2020
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by IamHansomE: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2019
Pls what about PlayStation 3?

Mine is noy booting at all. It was playing before... It just stopped.

How can I reset it? And is there a site i can download pes3 games then send it to the game?
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by decatalyst(m): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2019
TechCapon:
both of them are great but Playstation is more popular and has more games than Xbox. Xbox has limited gaming options

I have a PS3 for sales...wants to get PS4.
Location is Ibadan.

Two pads with 10games and two CDs.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by IamHansomE: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2019
TechCapon:

Pls what about PlayStation 3?

Mine is noy booting at all. It was playing before... It just stopped.

How can I reset it? And is there a site i can download pes3 games then send it to the game?
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 02, 2019
cool
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 02, 2019
jamesfixedodd02:
It all available today . very massive . just DM or WhatsAPP.

Scammer! If you make N1.8m on a ticket, you won't need who will send you money for you to send them games.

NL Rule 18.

7 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by LeoFish92(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2019
What's the difference between pes and FIFA on PC and the one played on playstation?

Cos I'm just wondering why someone would spend so much on buying the console while one can easily play same games with a laptop.

Or are they different?
Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Ozkar: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2019
tosyne2much:
I have a brand new PS4 (1TB) going for N160, 000

lol see this one, for PS4 (likely slim) not even Pro.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply Factory Reset To Your PS4 and PS4 PRO (screenshots) by Ozkar: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2019
LeoFish92:
What's the difference between pes and FIFA on PC and the one played on playstation?

Cos I'm just wondering why someone would spend so much on buying the console while one can easily play same games with a laptop.

Or are they different?
play both of them, you'd see the difference in graphics and performance. A laptop that can render games the same way as a console can would be at least twice as expensive.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon / Strange But True / Biggest Video Gaming Markets In Africa In 2017, By Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.