Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters (2222 Views)

Bayelsa2015: Protest At INEC Office "Cancel Southern Ijaw Results" / Dakuku, Magnus Abe, Teargased At INEC Office - Naij.com / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by piscean(m): 10:40am On Apr 21, 2007
what is this country turning into?
is it by force that some people become president or how else would you explain a TRUCK BOMB

LAGOS, Nigeria - A truck bomb aimed at electoral commission headquarters ran into barriers and failed to explode hours before the start of Nigeria's presidential vote, the national police chief said Saturday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070421/ap_on_re_af/nigeria_election_attack
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Mamajama(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2007
act of terrorism. Glad the truck did not explode. innocent people would have suffer while the dirty politicians are smiling
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by jockey112(m): 3:13pm On Apr 21, 2007
could this also be the work of PDP and Obj? far from it .
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by abdkabir(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2007
I believe it's a propaganda.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by toshmann(m): 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2007
1st it was taliban. now we see al-qaeda style arrangement. . . . . . democrazy grin a.k.a gun-mocrazy grin grin grin grin

oyibo don laugh us tire grin grin grin grin giant of africa cant even conduct local govt election grin grin grin grin
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by sisimose(f): 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2007
abdkabir:

I believe it's a propaganda.

my thoughts exactly
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by alabiyemmy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2007
why should it be a propaganda? If it was a story that says INEC throws bomb at voters, you will beleive? When an aircraft carrying naval staff on INEC duties crashed and three officers died, is that propaganda as well?
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by sisimose(f): 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2007
was there an aircrash?
and no not everything is propaganda, in the earlier case above yes i think so
@Alabi
wetin?> you dont eve say hello?
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by alabiyemmy(m): 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2007
Sisimose - u dissed me,

where u been all these while?
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by DisGuy: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2007
Thank goodness the thing didn't work.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Backslider(m): 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2007
Men failed Nigeria. Men fail USA BRITAIN. But The nation can not fail Men. You are Nigeria and you cannot Attack Nigeria attack the people and not the Nation.

Let them laugh at us now they will smile later.

We Laughed at the Japanese fan and they got better we can and we shall be better.

God was at work against all that don't want this election to hold.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by awoof(m): 3:54am On Apr 22, 2007
this is not a joking matter. it is shameful, some of the thieves that call themselves politicians must be behind this, they are painting us black in the whole world . i have been monitoring all these on BBC radio because i no de Naija right now it is embarassing. whatever happens they will fail and there will be handing over this May
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by dapsycool(m): 7:19am On Apr 22, 2007
Atiku the terrorist
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by akara(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2007
Would the bomb have made a difference to the elections either way? Haba
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by omon(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2007
atiku has said previously that if he does not win, he will turn Nigeria to Ivory coast or Sierra leone
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by hooplarr(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2007
Toshman, Speak on Speaker!!!!

What a laugh the western world is having so far. I tell you one thing, these shameful old timer politicians should just take the back bench and sit comfortably with a box of pop corn and leave the helms of governance to the young minds.

It baffles me you know. These men, so close to their graves grabbing all they can like they can take it to the grave with them. Oh God, these people sow misfortunes upon hapless, law abiding nigerians but little do they know that they'll reap mountains and mountains of nothing at the end.

May posterity judge them all, shocked undecided
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2007
let us give kudos to our police force for finally 'foiling' an arson attempt.if only they could have been so vigilant in the cases of This Day, AIT, NNPC HQ and all those other destroyed buildings. also, is anyone querying kupolokun as to why an AP tanker was utilized in the bomb 'attempt'?
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by McKren(m): 11:17am On Apr 23, 2007
oyb:

let us give kudos to our police force for finally 'foiling' an arson attempt.if only they could have been so vigilant in the cases of This Day, AIT, NNPC HQ and all those other destroyed buildings. also, is anyone querying kupolokun as to why an AP tanker was utilized in the bomb 'attempt'?

My brother stop trivialising the real issues, that people who dont want election to hold by all means because they think they cant win this election was trying to sabbotage the process should be the bone of contention not all that you going on about.
This is a terrorism and all those behind it should be ashamed of themselves.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by awoof(m): 11:20am On Apr 23, 2007
oyb:

wetin be Kupolokun own there? AP be NNPC? naija don come that is how we leave the issue and chase shadows
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by BillGatesFan(m): 11:48am On Apr 23, 2007
Is the oppsosition that planed that since they already know they are losiong the election and wanted the election to be postphoned,all their wishes fails so they resolve to blow up the headquarters.

they are losers
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Leadmyster(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2007
so Nigeria is now using bombs, this is truly a "do or die" affair, lol
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Rottweiler(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2007
PROPAGANDA!     PROPAGANDA!!     PROPAGANDA!!!
I watched the news report on TV and concluded that ONLY fools would believe the story! The whole thing was planned to paint the opposition in bad light and win public sympathy.  In the first place the truck wasn't  facing the INEC office directly.  INEC office was on the other side of the road. How did they expect the truck to ram into the building? Was the steering going to be controlled remotely? They claimed that the tanker was loaded with gas cylinders and an unidentified substance.  Very dumb! All that was needed to accomplish such an evil deed was a full load of AGO (petrol). At the end, they arrested a stupid looking man who claimed that his boss sent him to come and check what happened to the tanker.  The same way they paraded some miscreants who claimed to have killed, Marshall Harry, Dikibo, Bola Ige, Funsho Williams, etc etc.  A country that has untruthful leaders will never progress!  Even if it takes 10 steps forward, it will take 100 backwards.  May God punish all those destroying the nation and its integrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by mooch(m): 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2007
Indeed I dont see how such an operation could have been foiled in the first place if it were not propaganda. How do carry a tanker laden with both fuel (and gas cylinders yes) and then miss your target, and you did not even collide with any other obstacle nearby. Hey wake up. That does not sound real. To ram a tanker into any building is one of the easiest thing to do. Go ask why the arson attack on Rtd Gen Buhari`s house was not foiled if indeed we had a good security system?
Abeg all na yarns. Make we for believe.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by McKren(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2007
Funny
Because nobody died or the building was not blown up that is why it is propaganda, Nigerians are so funny.
Have we not seen greater desperation in this country from the part of AC? Have we not seen people inform naija delta youths that FG is importing amunition to silence them so as to incite them against FG? did we not see the same people spearheading the boycott of last saturdays election when that failed the next day a lorry load of petrol tanker almost hit INEC office in the wee ours of the morning because supposedly the INEC materials that were to come in from South Africa will arrive there.
The same group of people are openly telling Nigerians that they tried to compel INEC to destroy the previous ballot papers they had for reasons best known to only them. And you think this is propaganda

Terrorism is no opposition, we know those in opposition in this country.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Topsido(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2007
I strongly suspect Atiku and Nnamani1
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by McKren(m): 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2007
Sorry I dont think Nnamani and Atiku are in the same league
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by awoof(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2007
McKren:

Funny
Because nobody died or the building was not blown up that is why it is propaganda, Nigerians are so funny.
Have we not seen greater desperation in this country from the part of AC? Have we not seen people inform naija delta youths that FG is importing amunition to silence them so as to incite them against FG? did we not see the same people spearheading the boycott of last saturdays election when that failed the next day a lorry load of petrol tanker almost hit INEC office in the wee ours of the morning because supposedly the INEC materials that were to come in from South Africa will arrive there.
The same group of people are openly telling Nigerians that they tried to compel INEC to destroy the previous ballot papers they had for reasons best known to only them. And you think this is propaganda

Terrorism is no opposition, we know those in opposition in this country.

thank you ojare! we are too sentimental and foolish in that country called naija somebody like that semi illiterate called Atiku should be in jail by now. Imagine that idiot telling the whole world on BBc radio that he would take part in the election to be able to challenge it in court haba!!! he has turned the courts to his father's property, we shall see sad
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by awoof(m): 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2007
Topsido:

i agree with you
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2007
awoof:

wetin be Kupolokun own there? AP be NNPC? naija don come that is how we leave the issue and chase shadows

NNPC has taken over AP. Kupolokun is the MD of NNPC  .In the story on the 'attempt' by This Day( or was it Punch?( i don't remember)), there was a picture of an AP tanker.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Rottweiler(m): 1:52pm On Apr 23, 2007
Topsido:

I strongly suspect Topsido. Why? Because his name sounds like Torpedo.   grin

I would like to advise people to look at issues thrown at them intelligently instead of swallowing every story hook, line and sinker like the pepper sellers in Owan East.
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by Leadmyster(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2007
i kinda agree that all these was a publicity stunt
Bombs are the latest tool to fight opposition these days and Nigeria needs to be in the news for being in touch with latest development, lol

This story is no different from the bird flu story. Im sure that very soon PDP will start claiming that Buhari and Atiku are storing nuclear weapons grin grin
Re: Truck Bomb At INEC Headquarters by anothaviv(f): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2007
Like i said earlier,

that INEC truck bomb should have been sent to PHCN!!!! angry

How could they miss it, it was on the same street!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian American Sailor Arrested For Armed Robbery / How Buhari Can Become The Next President Of Niigeria / Sultan Of Sokoto Orders Immediate Release of Kogi Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.