Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:50 AM

Expand The RAM Of Your Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Expand The RAM Of Your Smartphone (2286 Views)

The RAM Scam: How Smartphone Companies Trick You With Big RAM / How To Increase The RAM Of Your Android Smartphone (full Guide) / Increase The Ram Of Your Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Expand The RAM Of Your Smartphone by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 08, 2019
I've worked with different RAM expanders in the past, and what I can say is it all boils down to the SPEED OF THE MEMORY you want to make use of, if it's your SD card then you'll need an original version that has up to 13mbs read /write speed to make this app work effectively else it'll be very slow, and it works by creating a swap file on your preferred memory that swap file is similar to paged memory in windows it pushes common idle activities that take up memory to the file when your memory gets low so when you run that same activity as main it pulls it back to main memory, it does not use your SD as ram (as this would quickly spoil your memory card) because SD cards are much slower than RAM.. So having 4.5gb of extra ram is nothing if you don't have an original SD card that has enough speed to make the swap

And I forgot to mention, you'll need to grant root access for this app to work

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Camon 15 Will Be A Serious Cameraphone With Its 64MP Sony Camera / Is Your Mobile Hotspot On BB OS 7.1 With MTN Working? / Tecno Phantom A3(AIII) Specs, Features And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.