Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Buhari's 'arewacentricity' Vs Obasanjo's 'nigeria-centricity'-a Response - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Buhari's 'arewacentricity' Vs Obasanjo's 'nigeria-centricity'-a Response (302 Views)

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Response From NERC / Nigerian Man Eats Police Money For The First Time In His Life. See His Response / A Response To The Comments On The Bad Habit You Wished To Stop In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's 'arewacentricity' Vs Obasanjo's 'nigeria-centricity'-a Response by Aboki99(m): 8:17pm On Feb 02, 2019
BUHARI'S 'AREWACENTRICITY' VS OBASANJO'S 'NIGERIA-CENTRICITY'

My attention was drawn to a piece by Farooq Kperogi, an American-based Nigerian. As usual, the man shamelessly set out to whip up cheap sentiments against the current president for his 'Arewacentricity'. But interestingly, this same Farooq who never misses the opportunity to brag that he worked in the inner sanctum of the Obasanjo govt as his 'speech writer', never for once told his readers one single story pertaining to their 'Nigeria-centric' OBJ administration: That is the story of the nature of distribution of appointive positions among regional and religious groups under the Obasajo's govt he is so proud to have served as a presidential speech writer! This I intend to do to prove that, compared to the OBJ govt Farooq served under, nay GEJ's, PMB's govt is the most fair and just in terms of appointments reflecting our diversities!

OBJ VS PMB ON APPOINTMENTS

In his 2nd term, OBJ appointed 42 ministers: 26 (63%) were Christians and 16 (37%) were Muslims. There was NO cry of Christianization agenda by Muslims or sympathetic echoes of that by Christians. Heaven did not fall that time! OBJ did not become a Christian fanatic nor a Kudu-centric chauvinist: this is even when no Muslim leader from Balewa up to the 'Arewa-centric' Buhari ever did that to Christians(I stand to be corrected) ! But this is not the shocker! Of ALL OBJ's ministers from the South-West, NONE was a MUSLIM!!! And even when pressure was put on OBJ by NOCOMYO et al. regarding this egregious marginalization of SW Muslims , OBJ only caved in reluctantly by appointing one Alhaji Bashir Awotorebo, as the only SW MINISTER representing the entire SW Muslims in OBJ's cabinet. And you know what, Awotorebo was appointed as a, 'symbolic', portfolio minister of state! Now imagine what would have been the story if PMB appointed ALL Muslims as ministers to represent the North Central region. In fact, even OBJ's two ministers from predominantly Muslim Kwara were both Christians (Mrs Adebayor and Adedoyin) and the story was the same with Kogi State minister under OBJ. Yet OBJ was not a Christian- or Kudu-centric but Nigeria-centric former president while poor PMB who is clearly more fair than OBJ in ministerial appointments is an 'Arewa-centric' president.

ACTUALLY, under PMB, there are 36 ministers. 18 Christians and 18 Muslims. That is his ministers are 50% Christians 50% Muslims. And to the Christians, you've got to add SGF and HoS. To the Muslims, Chief of Staff and Accountant General. Yet, OBJ and his domestic and foreign lapdogs have the effrontery to look at Nigerians in the face and tell them that Buhari is "Arewacentric, insensitive, in-your-face, knee-jerk, Northern sub-nationalis[t]"! While OBJ is a Nigeria-centric, sensitive, in-your-back, ankle-jerk, Nigerian Nationalist!

MOREOVER, a comprehensive look at the distribution of appointed positions in to agencies, boards and parastatals of FG during OBJ, GEJ and PMB tenures reveal PMB to be the most fair of all three WALLAHI (in terms of distribution along regional, religious and ethnic lines)! I have a comprehensive data thereon but presently haven't the time or the space here to do the analysis. But it is something I intend to even write a book on, hopefully after my PhD. The only thing that makes the difference against PMB is the power of media misinformation, misrepresentation and mischief-making. For e.g when I looked at the distribution of service chiefs in successive administrations since the advent of democracy in 1999, I was gobsmacked by the pattern! Yet all we're being told today is that history is no longer an account of the past but the present, as if our history began just in 2015 with the advent of an 'Arewacentric' Muhammadu. And because the vast majority of our compatriots are given to forgetfulness, historical realities have now been substituted with ahistorical mendacity and you're called names if you dare to point out the inconsistencies!

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Buhari's 'arewacentricity' Vs Obasanjo's 'nigeria-centricity'-a Response by Valleys(m): 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2019
Appointments cannot be complete without mentioning the security architecture of the country. If you are the writer of this, then you are a definition of illiteracy.
Kindly do same analysis based on heads of security agencies between OBJ and the lifeless.

Pls don't compare the lifeless with OBJ.

(1) (Reply)

. / Ethiopian Airlines Crash: More Countries & Airlines Are Grounding The B-737 Max8 / Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Receives Certificate Of The Nass Organised Orientation Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.