Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript (15562 Views)

July Bootcamp Training - Full Stack Web Development With Javascript (mern Stack) / Tarot Website I Cooked With JavaScript,HTML / My Semester GPA Calculator With Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 3:35am On Apr 16, 2020
codeigniter:
This is the app I developed last year when I had the goal to freelance but now that I know the rigour of developing apps for someone else and more over the Indians keep dragging the labour cost down.

Let brainstorm on an economic viable idea that we could develop via github, at least it would teach us how to collaborate online and maybe we gain new friends or network.

Mind u I have a project I am working on, but if this gain traction I could scrap it
that would be nice...
i did develop a budget app too, let me post my own screen shots...
nicely done
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by lucianohase(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Please, can you help me outline the steps on how to install and set up react native on windows 10 pro version 10.0.10240 using sublime text 3 and Android studio for it to work effectively??

Please, I need to get the details quick
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by kakapat: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2020
Online Dispensaries That Ship Out Of State

Dispensaries that ship out of state, Cannabis World Life Connect is an Online Dispensaries That Ship Out Of State from California’s premiere and first-ever Online Collectives, providing next day shipping to your door, virtually anywhere in California and a dispensaries that ship out of state No need to head all the way down to the dispensary or wait hours on end for the delivery service, with strangers knocking at your door. This forward-thinking concept provides patients with a convenient & extremely discreet way to get their medication fast & easy . Cannabis Oil Online
https://www.cannabisworldlifeconnect.com/

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Cerebrae(m): 7:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Nice thread
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Cerebrae(m): 7:18am On Apr 22, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

that would be nice...
i did develop a budget app too, let me post my own screen shots...
nicely done

Can you develop a mobile app?
Someone need your service
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Patiee: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Can someone help please,
I'm developing a gpa calculator .I'm stuck on how to make the scores correspond to a particular grade.

I'm using html,css and Js.
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:36am On Apr 22, 2020
Patiee:
Can someone help please,
I'm developing a gpa calculator .I'm stuck on how to make the scores correspond to a particular grade.

I'm using html,css and Js.
Ok, u are that guy on that thread.
Show how far you have gone and we will help you, although I already did a GPA calc with a nice UI, I would like to see how you solved yours.!
I would post my Interface later Today...!!!
Show us yours and the community will help you.!

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2020
Cerebrae:

Can you develop a mobile app?
Someone need your service
Ofcourse, what do you need.?
Email: PreciousIzuchukwu2016@gmail.com
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:00am On Apr 22, 2020
codeigniter:
Let brainstorm on an economic viable idea that we could develop via github, at least it would teach us how to collaborate online and maybe we gain new friends or network.
Alryt...
Am in.!!
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:04am On Apr 22, 2020
lucianohase:
Please, can you help me outline the steps on how to install and set up react native on windows 10 pro version 10.0.10240 using sublime text 3 and Android studio for it to work effectively??

Please, I need to get the details quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKq1duOyjhw

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by codeigniter(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Alryt...
Am in.!!

Ok what tech do u use
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
codeigniter:

Ok what tech do u use
VB, Java play play...But am into web now so JavaScript and PHP
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by codeigniter(m): 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

VB, Java play play...But am into web now so JavaScript and PHP
I don't use Java and PHP
Do u know any react or nodejs
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
codeigniter:

I don't use Java and PHP
Do u know any react or nodejs
React is the library I wanna learn, nodeJs(well not yet), but I can take it up Just that I don't like learning too many Programming Language.!!!
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by TechCapon(m): 7:08am On Apr 26, 2020
Lordpeckxy:
[b]
[Js]
HTML CSS & JAVASCRIPT SOURCE PROGRAM

<!-- Programmed By Elugwaraonu Precious Izuchukwu -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>SIMPLE INTEREST</title>

<style type="text/css">
#si {
font-family:cursive;
font-size:200%;
font-weight:bold;

}
</style>

<script type="text/javascript">
function SI() {
principal = document.getElementById("txt1"wink.value
rate = document.getElementById("txt2"wink.value
time = document.getElementById("txt3"wink.value
calc1 = principal * rate * time / 100
alert("SIMPLE INTERST IS " + calc1 );

document.getElementById("si"wink.innerHTML = "THE SIMPLE INTERST IS " + calc1

}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<h2 align="center" > <u> SIMPLE INTEREST PROGRAM </u> </h2>

<input type="text" id="txt1" placeholder="Principal" >

<input type="text" id="txt2" placeholder="Rate" >

<input type="text" id="txt3" placeholder="Time" >

<p align="center" >
<input type="button" id="btn1" value="CALCULATE" onclick="SI();" >
</p>

<p id="si" align="center" > </p>
</body>
</html>

NB: Please report any error/bug found in any of the written program.
Next: Screen shots
[/b]
nice work but you should have separated the javascript and and css into different pages from the html. That way the code is clean and readable
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by TechCapon(m): 7:51am On Apr 26, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

It very well depends on the Device you are using for coding, I Like to use Sublime Text when am coding on my Pc and Anwriter when am tasting It on my android device, and often I mostly screen shots my android program... I once Told you Guys that a basic Knowledge Background on HTML, CSS and JavaScript Is Recommended, if that Knowledge was present It would be quite easy to define the markup.... . . . Anyway Just wrap up this <p> </p>(Paragraph) tag on each Input... Example

<p> <input type="text" id="txt1" placeholder="Principal" >
</p>

<p> <input type="text" id="txt2" placeholder="Rate" > </p>

<p> <input type="text" id="txt3" placeholder="Time" > </p>

<!-- The paragraph tag causes each Input to be on a New line -->
great. But why not add a line break instead? <br /> after each input instead of paragraphs?
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
TechCapon:
nice work but you should have separated the javascript and and css into different pages from the html. That way the code is clean and readable
Its was Just a Simple Program...
Maintainance Is not verily much Needed, if the codes were much, then seprating them would be recommended.!!
Just as I say, Knowledge Is vital, If the coder doesn't like it Embedded, then he could create an external file and import them...
Which Ever Case, It all depends on the Programmer.!!!

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2020
TechCapon:
great. But why not add a line break instead? <br /> after each input instead of paragraphs?
A Problem can be solved in different ways...
In that Program, I used the paragraph tag, U recommend the break tag, another could choose to use CSS to adjust the contents.!!!
Whichever Case, it very much depends on the developer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by TechCapon(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Its was Just a Simple Program...
Maintainance Is not verily much Needed, if the codes were much, then seprating them would be recommended.!!
Just as I say, Knowledge Is vital, If the coder doesn't like it Embedded, then he could create an external file and import them...
Which Ever Case, It all depends on the Programmer.!!!
okay. So when are you building the next project?
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 1:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
TechCapon:
okay. So when are you building the next project?
soon...
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by TechCapon(m): 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

A Problem can be solved in different ways...
In that Program, I used the paragraph tag, U recommend the break tag, another could choose to use CSS to adjust the contents.!!!
Whichever Case, it very much depends on the developer.
okay. You're very good at what you do. I'm also a developer. Intermediate and self taught.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Patiee: 10:37pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

soon...
Eagerly waiting bro, I was really getting something from this thread.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2020
Lets move on...
So I stumble I did a bit of research yesterday and finally came to a conclusion...
This is how its going to be...
We will be creating an application very similar to Opay but this time it will be nairaland as a case study.
Its a general platform, am not the only coder now, everyone contributes...
I guess everyone knows Opay, if its a little too heavy we could do others, I have some bit and bits of ideas and things to create.!
So whose up for the challenge.!!!
If you have any suggestions on what to create or how to create it, your suggestion is welcome.
TechCapon Patiee codeigniter Cerebrae Grandlord ambitiouschap.
Two hours from now loading
01:58:42

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2020
What does Opay do.?
Our app is like Opay but its not Opay, Infact it extends the capabilities of Nairaland....
So lets think anything that could be use to extend the capabilities of Nairaland
Suggestions Is open...
01:52:06

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Patiee: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2020
I'm sorry but what's Opay, I'm i missing something.
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by TechCapon(m): 10:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Lordpeckxy:
Lets move on...
So I stumble I did a bit of research yesterday and finally came to a conclusion...
This is how its going to be...
We will be creating an application very similar to Opay but this time it will be nairaland as a case study.
Its a general platform, am not the only coder now, everyone contributes...
I guess everyone knows Opay, if its a little too heavy we could do others, I have some bit and bits of ideas and things to create.!
So whose up for the challenge.!!!
If you have any suggestions on what to create or how to create it, your suggestion is welcome.
TechCapon Patiee codeigniter Cerebrae Grandlord ambitiouschap.
Two hours from now loading
01:58:42
Yeah. Opay is perfect. I'm up for the challenge
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2020
TechCapon:
Yeah. Opay is perfect. I'm up for the challenge
Then Lets ride....
00:00:00
Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
So what features should our app have...
[Page Sign-Up

Page - Login]

[User - Profile]

[Auto phone number Recognition]

[Auto Bank Account Recognition]

[Recharge account]

[Buy things on online stores]

[Credit and Debit account of User]

Keep it coming....

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by codeigniter(m): 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2020
Lordpeckxy:
So what features should our app have...
[Page Sign-Up

Page - Login]

[User - Profile]

[Auto phone number Recognition]

[Auto Bank Account Recognition]

[Recharge account]

[Buy things on online stores]

[Credit and Debit account of User]

Keep it coming....

Bill payment

This is huge project, which requires a lot of APIs, how do you plan in pulling it off

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2020
codeigniter:

Bill payment

This is huge project, which requires a lot of APIs, how do you plan in pulling it off
I suppose so
Should I say Have faith...
But we sure don't want to start something we can't finish.!!!
Don't we.....

1 Like

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by codeigniter(m): 8:32am On Apr 28, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

I suppose so
Should I say Have faith...
But we sure don't want to start something we can't finish.!!!
Don't we.....
Then research the best tool for the job
Make a plan or a wireframe that describe what u are going to do and the part you want others to do

No code should be written until there is a design else the project will fail. In software development the easiest part is code implementation, this is not a project in which functions would be thrown about

Code written should be in oop, which requires components design and good naming practice, Java is good for enterprises app because of it oop concepts,
So oop is pretty important.

<u>Why people should participate</u>
If you are noob u will gain experience quickly because most people learn on the job
It will teach u how to collaborate, and how to endure others critise ur code
It will teach you how to use Google, stack overflow, stackexchange...
There are a lot benefits

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobile Technology: Lets Build A Mobile App With Javascript by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:20am On Apr 28, 2020
codeigniter:

Then research the best tool for the job
Make a plan or a wireframe that describe what u are going to do and the part you want others to do

No code should be written until there is a design else the project will fail. In software development the easiest part is code implementation, this is not a project in which functions would be thrown about

Code written should be in oop, which requires components design and good naming practice, Java is good for enterprises app because of it oop concepts,
So oop is pretty important.

<u>Why people should participate</u>
If you are noob u will gain experience quickly because most people learn on the job
It will teach u how to collaborate, and how to endure others critise ur code
It will teach you how to use Google, stack overflow, stackexchange...
There are a lot benefits
Of Course we are going to wireframe our proposed application and take every necessary step required in developing a software which includes both the System Design and Detail Design, not to forget, it is still in fore-play, but I sure believe we can do it.!!!
But we can take other lesser projects, if you guys think its a little too wide.!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Function Points (FP) Vs Lines Of Code (LOC) / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? / Eyeopener: Aspiring Nigerian Game/App Developers Should Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.