Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . (3654 Views)

How To Prepare A Nutritious Garri Soaked In Water / Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / Best Way To Prepare A Jollof Rice: How? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by 5p1naz(m): 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2010
pls can someone please take me through how to prepare a very good stew with mouth watering aroma. . . plssss. . . . .

pls post the ingredients and how to prepare. . .

rice stew
beans stew
yam stew
soup
and many more. . .

plssss, . . . . .
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by Odunnu: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2010
Hw much r u gonna pay?
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by 5p1naz(m): 11:57pm On Aug 19, 2010
how much do u want? [size=5pt]thats how billionaires do business. . .[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by 5p1naz(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2010
abeg make snbody help me naaaa
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by yme1(f): 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2010
ingredients for chicken stew
large chicken
fresh chillies
1 kg / 2Ib fresh tomatoes
2 large onions
1 small tin tomatoes puree
I teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoon choppedpartminger leaves
2 onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon curry
groundnut-oil
salt to taste

how to prepare
Wash and disjoint the chicken cut into pieces,Season with salt add the sliced onions thyme curry and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender
Heat up half of the oil in a pan and fry the cooked chicken until brown but not too dry. In another~ pot heat up the rest of the oil and fry the ground onions chillies and tomatoes for 20minutes until fairly dry. Add the tomato puree and some stock if required. Stir thoroughly and simmer for few mins. then add the fried chicken pieces. Cook and simmer gently for another 10 minutes stirring frequently until well blended. Drain off excessive oil that rises to the top and finally stir in the chopped part minger leaves. Removes from fire and serve with Boiled rice and fried plantain
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by 5p1naz(m): 8:18pm On Aug 21, 2010
omg. . . u are a life saver. . . tnxxxx kiss kiss kiss kiss. . . lemme try that out tonite. . . mwah. . . .
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by Odunnu: 9:36pm On Aug 21, 2010
Lemme knw whn u r done poster.@y me-Nice of U 2teach him without payment
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by yme1(f): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2010
^^^^LOL grin grin

@poster
i would give you the recipes for the others when am less busy
but try to be more specific on what you want dear
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by yme1(f): 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2010
ingredients for Egusi soup
Egusi -- 2 cups of ground egusi
1/2 Pack of Spinach)
Crayfish(i hardly use this cause i dont like it)
Whole Dried Fish
Beef
Palm Oil
Pepper
Seasoning
Onions -- 1 Whole Small
Salt

preparation
wash your spinach and slice into thin pieces and set aside
Blend crayfish into coarse powder using electric grinder.
Break up the dried fish in a bowl pour in boiling water, add about 2 spoon heaps of salt. Wash the fish in the hot salt water to remove sand and other dirt. Debone fish. Remove fish from salt water and set aside.
Grind the egusi in the electric grinder,grind pepper and set aside,
Wash and cut up the beef into approximately one inch squares.
Chop onions and set aside.

time to cook
In a medium sizedĀ  pot, bring the beef and chopped onions to steam without adding water. Keep pot covered while steaming.
Add pepper and salt. Stir and let steam for one more minute
Add beef stock seasoning, 1/4 cup of water and salt, and cook till meat is tender (5 to 15 minutes). add water 1/4 cup at a time until meat is tender.
Add the dried fish parts. Stir.
Add the crayfish, stir and let cook for one minute more.
Add the palm oil, stir and let boil for three more minutes.
Dissolve the 2 cups of ground egusi in 3/4 cup of water. Pour the egusi mixture into the cooking pot. Stir thoroughly.
sprinkle your spinach and boil over for some few minutes

Turn off heat and serve
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by yme1(f): 4:14pm On Aug 22, 2010
for yam stew
Add the yams to a large pot with just enough water to cook them (allow to simmer for about 25 minutes, until done). Whilst the yams are cooking ground chillies to a paste. Add the onions and grind to mix in then add the tomatoes and grind in to incorporate.

Add a little oil to a frying pan and use this to fry the chilli paste. Cook for about 10 minutes then stir-in the tomato paste. When the yams are done add the fried chilli paste to the boiled yams and mix-in thoroughly. Season with salt and black pepper then serve as a side dish.
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by 5p1naz(m): 1:15am On Aug 23, 2010
@y me thanks sooo much. . . i dunno how else to say it. . . iv been spending so much at the eatries. . . i did the chicken stew. . . twas gr8. . . i cant believe i can now prepare stew, i tot it was one tedious stuff. . . grin grin grin the shopping was tedious though. . . was out there @shoprite picking food stuffs, there was this feeling every1 was looking at me even though they weren't lol. . . y me you are a big big DARLING. . . tnx so much. . . i owe you one. . . tnx for the new recipe too. . . i seriously aprc8 this . . . . its like getting a 100million dollar cheque. . . iv always wanted to cook on my own. . .

@odunnu u. . . ehn u. . . . . . . . . . . . . . i tried y me's recipe and twas gr8. . . ( tongue tongue :Psticking out tongue tongue tongue tongue) if you wanna taste some of it, i could arrange a date on the roof top of my apartment. . . with candles atupa. . . tongue tongue tongue
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by ogianyo(m): 8:08am On Aug 23, 2010
All the sistas wen no sabi.I beg make una copy free tuition.But from experience i know say these paper steps na only 50 % of the thing.The real deal is in the timing of the events.It makes the difference btw a great tasting soup and just average tasting soup.E better to learn from your house.
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by Odunnu: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2010
Y me,datz a new one,ur egusi meal I mean.I'l try dat ur method out smday. Wud luv 2teach u how my mom taught me.Wud u want 2learn?
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by yme1(f): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
5p1naz:

[color=#000099][b]@y me thanks sooo much. . . i dunno how else to say it. . . iv been spending so much at the eatries. . . i did the chicken stew. . . twas gr8. . . i cant believe i can now prepare stew, i tot it was one tedious stuff. . . grin grin grin the shopping was tedious though. . . was out there @shoprite picking food stuffs, there was this feeling every1 was looking at me even though they weren't lol. . . y me you are a big big DARLING. . . tnx so much. . . i owe you one. . . tnx for the new recipe too. . . i seriously aprc8 this . . . . its like getting a 100million dollar cheque. . . iv always wanted to cook on my own. . .
hmmmmmmmmmm i am glad i could be of help dear kiss kiss
will really love to taste that food of yours tho wink grin

@ogianyo
yeah you are right!!!!
preparing african meal isnt hard its just all about taking the neccessary time allowing to cook
Re: How To Prepare A Very Good Stew. . . by yme1(f): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2010
Odunnu:

Y me,datz a new one,your egusi meal I mean.I'l try dat your method out smday. Wud luv 2teach u how my mom taught me.Wud u want 2learn?
really?
i actually gat 2 different method of preparing my soup including the accident method grin grin
i dont mind learning some other method dear that way my Man will always crave more and more for my food grin grin

(1) (Reply)

5 Rich Home Made Baby Food / Do You Add Maggi To Your Beans While Cooking? Yes Or No. Give Reason(s) / Ijaw Most Popular Delicacy Prepared By Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.