Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? (7689 Views)

What Is The English Name Of This Leaf / Dear Forumites For Educational & Research Purpose What Is The Name Of This Leaf / What Is The Name Of This Leaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by dayleke: 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
HsLBroker:
are u sure, if i fail my daughter, i will hold u responsible.

Lol.... grin
The love of a father...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by dayleke: 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
HsLBroker:
the IJEBU man dont even know it, just telling me it is good , it good leaf, i just laughed and walk away��

You are such a funny fellow....
I can just imagine that scenario. You walking away and the ijebu man saying, "it's a good leaf, it's a good leaf".

Sorry , I don't know the name but I wish you good luck.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Les: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
Go to play store and download plant snap!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Alhajiemeritus: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
HsLBroker:
tell me the keyword you use to search it in google
Reverse image search

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2019
HsLBroker:
are u sure, if i fail my daughter, i will hold u responsible.

LMAO grin @I will hold u responsible
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
falcon01:
ohh... pls remind me again, how can he use google to find The name he is looking for?

He should upload the image on Google images..you should get the answer
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Fidelismaria: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
It's hibiscus
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by falcon01: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2019
videomaid:

He should upload the image on Google images..you should get the answer
did you think what you wrote through or you just wrote it?? nigga that shit gon show you thousands of green leafs.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
falcon01:
did you think what you wrote through or you just wrote it?? nigga that shit gon show you thousands of green leafs.

It is called reverse image search...
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2019
Alhajiemeritus:

Reverse image search
u funny lol

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by raphieMontella: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
falcon01:
ohh... pls remind me again, how can he use google to find The name he is looking for?
images.google.com
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by MKULTRA: 8:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
Dynnix34:

What brought tribe into this? Reprobate
Igbo Na weed for my language grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
A simple google search with its image could have saved you this stress.
This is Hibiscus leave.

@Capslocked, can help too.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by oracle009(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hibiscus rosa sinensis....
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by uckennety(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
HsLBroker:
Happy Sunday everyone, and happy new week, please i need to know the name of this leaf as a matter of urgency, for educational research purpose.

cc seun

cc mynd44

cc lalasticlala

Hibiscus flower
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Emestar1999: 9:26pm On Feb 03, 2019
Go to Google and type" what is the name of the leaf that turns red when boiled and said to give blood"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by jzamani(m): 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
Na queen of the coast
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by itiswellandwell: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
It's not hibiscus. Check this link.

https://medium.com/@AyurvedaPalms/amazing-health-benefits-of-hibiscus-tea-33d5ea53c2d
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by femi4: 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
HsLBroker:
Happy Sunday everyone, and happy new week, please i need to know the name of this leaf as a matter of urgency, for educational research purpose.

cc seun

cc mynd44

cc lalasticlala

Hibiscus (Sobo)

The botanical name of this herb is Hibiscus sabdariffa. It is popularly called Zobo and it is usually prepared as a local drink.

Some of the health benefits include:

Lowering of blood pressure

Reduces blood cholesterol

Research has linked it with preventing prostate cancer. The leaf extract has been discovered to inhibit the
growth of human prostate cancer cell.

The hibiscus leaves have also been linked with inhibiting the growth of skin cancer cells due to the polyphenols it contains.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by mozele(m): 12:35am On Feb 04, 2019
HsLBroker:
thank u sir, one IJEBU man said that, but doesn't know the English name, i need the English name please help me, this my daughter's project, i don't want mess up, i already told her i will get the name. This is a promise from father to daughter, the hand holding the leaf is my daughter's hand

the leaf that turns red when boiled? I don't know it's English name but my dad and his friend do call it "Hospital too far" because of its medicinal purposes.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 04, 2019
HsLBroker:
thank u sir, one IJEBU man said that, but doesn't know the English name, i need the English name please help me, this my daughter's project, i don't want mess up, i already told her i will get the name. This is a promise from father to daughter, the hand holding the leaf is my daughter's hand

The picture looks like a hibiscus plant. If the locals are sure it’s the same specie boiled and used as beverage, then the name is Roselle which is also a specie of hibiscus used to make the popular Zobo drink.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 04, 2019
mozele:

the leaf that turns red when boiled? I don't know it's English name but my dad and his friend do call it "Hospital too far" because of its medicinal purposes.

Roselle (Hibiscus)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by mozele(m): 2:10am On Feb 04, 2019
gbosaa:

Roselle (Hibiscus)

thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Bgene: 3:58am On Feb 04, 2019
Justicia secunda
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 04, 2019
The leaves looks kinda different compared to Roselle hibiscus.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 04, 2019
sassysure:
The leaves looks kinda different compared to Roselle hibiscus.
OK
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 04, 2019
femi4:
Hibiscus (Sobo)

The botanical name of this herb is Hibiscus sabdariffa. It is popularly called Zobo and it is usually prepared as a local drink.

Reduces blood chocolate

Research has linked it with preventing prostate cancer. The leaf extract has been discovered to inhibit the

The hibiscus leaves have also been linked with inhibiting the growth of skin cancer cells due to the polyphenols it contains.
thank u sir
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Came4apost(m): 5:35am On Feb 04, 2019
This is not Roselle ... Does this look like zobo to you ? That's definitely something else ..
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 04, 2019
Came4apost:
This is not Roselle ... Does this look like zobo to you ? That's definitely something else ..

(Roselle) sabdariffa has long and narrow leaves. The leaves are somewhat arranged and shaped like (igbo) cannabis leaves, some species have serrated leaf margins.

I concur with you. The leaves in the photo look different but with the ‘Ijebu’ man’s confirmation that the particular plant could be used to make coloured drink...btw, sabdariffa popularly called zobo in Nigeria isn’t the only hibiscus specie used to make red coloured beverage.
The photo is definitely a specie of hibiscus, probably not roselle but you can’t say it can’t be used to make drinks similar to zobo.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 7:09am On Feb 04, 2019
femi4:
Hibiscus (Sobo)

Reduces blood cholesterol

The claim is that it contains anthocyanin which has antihypertensive properties but this is not evidence based.
The problem with some of these herbal plants is that once a claim of its super health benefits are made, we forget or neglect that they can also have hepatotoxic effects ie they can be harmful to your liver.

Locals gather and collect them in large amounts, boil and extract the coloured liquid without minding how much of the so called active ingredients that should be consumed.

We do not really know if the claims work and if they do, what about the side effects? Are we sure that zobo doesn’t contribute to the liver problems people present with in the hospitals?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by femi4: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2019
gbosaa:

The claim is that it contains anthocyanin which has antihypertensive properties but this is not evidence based.
The problem with some of these herbal plants is that once a claim of its super health benefits are made, we forget or neglect that they can also have hepatotoxic effects ie they can be harmful to your liver.

Locals gather and collect them in large amounts, boil and extract the coloured liquid without minding how much of the so called active ingredients that should be consumed.

We do not really know if the claims work and if they do, what about the side effects? Are we sure that zobo doesn’t contribute to the liver problems people present with in the hospitals?
Zobo is widely used across the World. From India to China to Brazil. Your claims that it contributes to liver problem is unfounded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tuition Free Masters Degree In Uk And Us / 2016 Maltina Teacher Of The Year Competition Application Ongoing / From MBBS To Medical Radiography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.