Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? (7701 Views)

What Is The English Name Of This Leaf / Dear Forumites For Educational & Research Purpose What Is The Name Of This Leaf / What Is The Name Of This Leaf? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2019
femi4:
Zobo is widely used across the World. From India to China to Brazil. Your claims that it contributes to liver problem is unfounded

I did not make any claim as to the hepatotoxic affects of zobo. There should be caution in the consumption of herbal products.
Use of hibiscus tea/beverage is world wide with claims of super health benefits. These are not founded or based on any verifiable scientific evidence.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by femi4: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2019
gbosaa:

I did not make any claim as to the hepatotoxic affects of zobo. There should be caution in the consumption of herbal products.
Use of hibiscus tea/beverage is world wide with claims of super health benefits. These are not founded or based on any verifiable scientific evidence.
Now, you don't know what you are saying.

Chloroquine is from quinine
Taxol anticancer is from the bark of a tree.
Cod liver oil is from fish etc

All drugs have their roots from herbs or animal sources
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Tohmilola(f): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2019
This isn't Hibiscus plant. Unfortunately I don't know the name of this plant but it's definitely not the one used for zobo.

The shades of colour they give when boiled are totally different. Hibiscus has more of a black currant colour while this leaf,when boiled has a shade of reddish brown.... It's used for more like what yorubas call agbo and not zobo making. So OP I doubt if it's hibiscus.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 04, 2019
Tohmilola:
This isn't Hibiscus plant. Unfortunately I don't know the name of this plant but it's definitely not the one used for zobo.

The shades of colour they give when boiled are totally different. Hibiscus has more of a black currant colour while this leaf,when boiled has a shade of reddish brown.... It's used for more like what yorubas call agbo and not zobo making. So OP I doubt if it's hibiscus.
thank you so much for your insightful contribution, i know this not hibiscus plant too
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2019
femi4:

Are we talking about the efficacy of zobo as an antihypertensive or the derivation of drugs from fish and plant products? What are you arguing about?

You said earlier that hibiscus is used world over and I only advised caution in the use of plant products. I didn’t restrict my advice to zobo alone.

You are digressing and confused.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Tohmilola(f): 8:55am On Feb 04, 2019
HsLBroker:
thank you so much for your insightful contribution, i know this not hibiscus plant too
You are welcome smiley
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2019
femi4:

Would you because Taxol is obtained from the bark of a tree, boil a significant amount of the bark to drink? Before Taxol is extracted, certain other by products would’ve been removed.
...and Taxol has dosage, if you exceed that recommended dose, there will be nasty effects. Zobo and most herbal products have no dosage. Anyone can drink any amount, that’s the problem.

Some people in the north will swear to the efficacy of Yohimbine as an aphrodisiac. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction in vet medicine. Some Naija youths claim it has same effect as Tramadol...but there are young men who present with priapism up there in the north on account of abuse of these plants.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by femi4: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2019
gbosaa:

Would you because Taxol is obtained from the bark of a tree, boil a significant amount of the bark to drink? Before Taxol is extracted, certain other by products would’ve been removed.
...and Taxol has dosage, if you exceed that recommended dose, there will be nasty effects. Zobo and most herbal products have no dosage. Anyone can drink any amount, that’s the problem.

Some people in the north will swear to the efficacy of Yohimbine as an aphrodisiac. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction in vet medicine. Some Naija youths claim it has same effect as Tramadol...but there are young men who present with priapism up there in the north on account of abuse of these plants.
lol, initially you said no scientific evidence that it works, now the issue is dosage.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Deegeorge(m): 10:00am On Feb 04, 2019
*Good morning whoever is attending to this ticket should help me out... I beg in the name of God... I have sent numerous complaint on my jamb regularization number... I have done it since November last year... And till now I haven't seen anything in my email. Please am worried... The DE form will soon close how on earth would I register...please the bodies responsible should help me out....
Email is... fadeleemmanueldami@yahoo.com
Please.... It is saying awaiting approval process... Please jamb help out... I have made lot of complaint... This is my number 08131166159*
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 04, 2019
femi4:
lol, initially you said no scientific evidence that it works, now the issue is dosage.

Please post or upload any link that scientifically verified zobo as ‘hospital too far’ super drug. I am interested.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 04, 2019
Deegeorge:
*Good morning whoever is attending to this ticket should help me out... I beg in the name of God... I have sent numerous complaint on my jamb regularization number... I have done it since November last year... And till now I haven't seen anything in my email. Please am worried... The DE form will soon close how on earth would I register...please the bodies responsible should help me out....
Email is... fadeleemmanueldami@yahoo.com
Please.... It is saying awaiting approval process... Please jamb help out... I have made lot of complaint... This is my number 08131166159*
creating a new thread for this posting would have been better, or what do you think?
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
gbosaa:

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by itiswellandwell: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2019
Just got the yoruba name now. Epo Aroje
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
itiswellandwell:
Just got the yoruba name now. Epo Aroje
ok
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Bgene: 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2019
l gave u the name earlier and you did not bother to look it up. The plant is Justicia secunda.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 3:02am On Feb 05, 2019
Bgene:
l gave u the name earlier and you did not bother to look it up. The plant is Justicia secunda.
thank you so much, i really appreciate you.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Dynnix34: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
MKULTRA:
Igbo Na weed for my language grin
Midget who cares!!!
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by joeking2222: 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=HsLBroker post=75372566]Happy Sunday everyone, and happy new week, please i need to know the name of this leaf as a matter of urgency, for educational research purpose.

cc seun

cc mynd44

cc lalasticlala

Daddy, d name of the plant is called Justicia secunda........its like person don talk am before na you no note am. But if i get am, pls i will like you to be MY INLAW O!!!! grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by joeking2222: 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
HsLBroker:
Happy Sunday everyone, and happy new week, please i need to know the name of this leaf as a matter of urgency, for educational research purpose.

cc seun

cc mynd44

cc lalasticlala

Daddy, d name of the plant is called Justicia secunda Vahl.......its like person don talk am before na you no note am. But if i get am, pls i will like you to be MY INLAW O!!!! grin
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Alhajiemeritus: 11:51am On Feb 14, 2019
gbosaa:

That's why you do toxicity test na.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 15, 2019
joeking2222:

Daddy, d name of the plant is called Justicia secunda Vahl.......its like person don talk am before na you no note am. But if i get am, pls i will like you to be MY INLAW O!!!! grin
i got it, but you are funny, please allow this one get PHD before you go they talk in law lol
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 5:23am On Feb 15, 2019
Bgene:
i got you correctly, she got 100/100 with the help of wikipedia added to all your effort, thanks to all contributors, i'm happy now, she is proud of me
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by joeking2222: 6:17am On Feb 18, 2019
HsLBroker:
i got it, but you are funny, please allow this one get PHD before you go they talk in law lol
Wishing her all the "BEST" sir. PHD!!!! shocked!!! What a wonderful "FATHER" you are!!!. I for still like be "HER FRIEND" sha, if possible.
Re: What Is The Name Of This Leaf Please? by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 08, 2019
OneCorner:
Simple thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download FG BEA Scholarship Past Questions In PDF / Uniport's Remedial(Basic) Form On Sale / FUOYE Workers Begin Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.