Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property (340 Views)

Advice Needed!: Selling Inherited Property With Deed Of Transfer Only / Need Advice For Best Locations In Lagos To Buy Half Plot Land With 15-25M Budget / Things To Know When Buying An Inherited Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MizDodo(f): 11:28am On Feb 03, 2019
I lost my Dad about 3 years and he left me a 2 Semi detached bungalow houses in his will but I can’t find the papers of the house. I have been collecting rent since he died but he left me the house so I can go to school, I want to sell it now but I don’t know how to do that without the papers. Please does anyone know what I can do about it? The house in Asaba, Delta State
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MaiGemu: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2019
Landlady, don't sell the property.
U can always go to the right authorities in your domain to get new papers.
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MaiGemu: 11:31am On Feb 03, 2019
U no dey taya?
Do u drive joy in fraud?
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MizDodo(f): 11:47am On Feb 03, 2019
MaiGemu:
U no dey taya?
Do u drive joy in fraud?

Fraud how? I just asked for advice, I’m not asking anyone to buy house from me
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MizDodo(f): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2019
MaiGemu:
Landlady, don't sell the property.
U can always go to the right authorities in your domain to get new papers.

If I knew the right authorities, I wouldn’t have asked. Please if you don’t have any advice, you can skip the post
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by dingbang(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
If you know what's good for you, dont sell that house.
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by Openatyn(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
Your father was too proactive to not have left you the papers, but the house only. Work hard and dont sell your fathers house
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MizDodo(f): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=MizDodo post=75376301][/quote]

My father may have been proactive but he was also secretive and didn’t think he was going to die even up till the day he did. When he wrote the will, he was already sick and was only able to tell us where some of the papers were, we can’t even find some of the properties. I wasn’t asking for your permission to sell a house that’s mine. Learn to comment where you have useful input to offer, if not keep your opinion to your self
Re: I Need Advice Concerning Inherited Property by MizDodo(f): 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
dingbang:
If you know what's good for you, dont sell that house.

Why shouldn’t I sell it?

(1) (Reply)

I Want Duplex House For Rent Needed Urgently In Lagos / Hurry Now, Valentine Promo Sales!!! Few Days Left. / 3 Bedroom 2 Toilet Apartment located in Ojodu Spark light Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.