Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,358 members, 7,836,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

4Gzus's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4Gzus's Profile / 4Gzus's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4Gzus: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2017
I got a refusal mail on August 1st. Reason given was purpose of visit.

I have my 1st and 2nd degrees in Electrical Engineering and was going for MSc in sustainable environmental management. I have been working in line with sustainable development of environmental resources for about 3 yrs so was surprised that I was denied based on purpose.

Well I've moved on anyway as it's their loss not mine. I'll advise future trv applicants to make sure their intended program is in line with their previous programs as IRCC isn't cool with applicants from Nigeria switching fields anymore.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2017
Yasmine04:

Hello. I don't clearly understand this. Was he denied because his dad was denied a visa or he didn't know his dad had applied for a visa for him? My mum & elder brother were both denied US visas in 2014 but got it later. In my form, I ticked Yes to d refusal qtn but I personally have not been denied a visa to any other country but Canada in which I stated that.

He said he didn't know his dad had applied for a visa for him. Offcourse they can't penalise an individual based on the application of a relative.

Everyone has his/her own application file. Good that you ticked "yes" based on your previous application, not on the basis of your mom and bro.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
damLaney:
Guys,

Please I want to understand something and I need a clarification.

As regards visa denial, what does this mean exactly?

I applied for visa last year to Germany. I was initially denied and later I was given after I appealed.

Do i state in my form that I was denied?

Is this denial in the real sense?

Please to avoid issue of misrepresentation which can lead to a 5-year ban everyone should declare all previous refusals to any country even if it was Benin republic.

Even if you were later given the visa after another trial still state it. Cos the question is clear " have you been denied a visa to any country"? It's better to err on the side of caution. If your TRV will be delayed let it be because of other reasons not misrepresentation.

Also before you apply think back very well if an agent had helped you applied for visa to any country before or your parents had included you as a dependant on an application. Recently someone was delayed cos he didn't tick "no" whereas their records show that his dad had included him on an application to a country that was denied.

4 Likes

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
damLaney:
Hello Guys,

I'm just joining this Forum and I see all that you do.

#WehdoneSirs and #WehdoneMas

Please I have a few questions that I'll like to ask.

1) I applied to Carleton Uni for Msc in Technology Innovation Management (TIM program) to resume Fall 2017 tho my Bsc was in Computer Science. I applied late on Mar 2nd 2017 and till now i'm yet to get a response. my status only changed to recommended for assessment as at 1st June and since then no changes. Infact i sent a mail toward the end of may and that was when my status changed. i want to know if there's anyone in my shoes with same issue? or anyone who has gone through a familiar issue?

2) please i would like to know the most recent visa requirements. please i'll be very grateful to anyone who could refer me to previous posts where i can see all the requirements.

3) Also is it advisable to do medicals upfront or wait till when one is called as i'm not based in lagos.

please no yabbing please.

thank you guys.

@damlaney

1. Yes I also applied mid March this year for MSc TIM @ Carleton. I just got my offer letter yesterday so be patient I'm sure yours is on the way.

2. Try and read up from page 1 of this recent thread for best results on requirements or if you don't really have the time read up a few pages from page 1.

3. Upfront is advisable if you are applying for Fall this year as it's already less than the processing time (13 weeks).

All the best.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2017
4Gzus, June 7th, paper application, MSc USASK, upfront medicals - PASSED

oluwaCanny:
Updated on June 20, 2017. Please update the house as much as possible and to the silent readers and followers you are also included grin grin grin wink thanks
Autos / Re: SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
4Gzus:
Registered 1998 Rav4,
Automatic gear,
Factory AC,
Engine and gearbox good,
1st body,
CD, FM,
Alloy wheels,
Autos / Re: SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 7:06am On Jun 17, 2017
Available
Autos / Re: SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2017
4Gzus:
Registered 1998 Rav4,
Automatic gear,
Factory AC,
Engine and gearbox good,
1st body,
CD, FM,
Alloy wheels,
800k negotiable.
Autos / Re: SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 8:53am On Jun 16, 2017
kelvo585:
600k. Contact me on 08056061014
Autos / Re: SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 7:47am On Jun 16, 2017
Rav 4, rugged and reliable
Autos / Re: SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
More pix

Autos / SOLD! Registered 1998 Rav4 800k by 4Gzus: 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2017
Registered 1998 Rav4,
Automatic gear,
Factory AC,
Engine and gearbox good,
1st body,
CD, FM,
Alloy wheels,
800k negotiable.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 10:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
SPOILT9JAOLOSHO:

@4Gzus, update your school
@SPOILT9JAOLOSHO USASK
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 10:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
oluwaCanny:
Updated on June 9, 2017. Please update the house as much as possible and to the silent readers and followers you are also included grin grin grin wink thanks
@Maygreaves and @4Gzus please add ur schools thanks
@oluwaCanny school is USASK.
Thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 5:48am On Jun 08, 2017
Update. 4Gzus, MSc USASK, June 7th, upfront medicals
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 9:59am On May 12, 2017
tuzinde:

1.do not staple any
2. No need, much you can do is to arrange them, but this will also be done by the staff that will attend to you

Ok boss thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 4:50am On May 12, 2017
Hello everyone thanks for a job well done.

I need some clarifications please:

1. Can one staple documents together (those with many pages) when submitting by paper route?

2. Can one number the documents?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 1:15pm On May 01, 2017
wealth360:

Download and save it the way it is. Then go to the folder where u save it and open it with adobe reader. It will work

@wealth360 thanks for your reply and email response. I've downloaded and opened it.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
4Gzus:

Thanks @Adefolakemi. I am not still able to download CIC form 1294E. Can I get a blank downloaded copy from someone else?

I have been able to download the form. Thanks
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 3:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Adefolakemi:

Download the latest version of Adobe Reader on your computer.

Thanks @Adefolakemi. I am not still able to download CIC form 1294E. Can I get a blank downloaded copy from someone else?
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 8:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Hello guys thanks for a job well done.

I wanna apply for study permit by paper route and all the CIC documents I see on the website are pdf files which I can't edit or fill.

Please can someone help me out on how I can get the editable versions.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 by 4Gzus: 8:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello guys thanks for a job well done.

I wanna apply for study permit by paper route and all the CIC documents I see on the website (cic.gc.ca) are .pdf files which I can't edit or fill.

Please can someone help me out on how I can get the editable versions.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.