Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829094 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2017
glam4444:

Undergraduate
Civil engineering

Congratulations glam4444.
which school did you apply to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lonelyhrt(f): 2:27am On Aug 03, 2017
Choi God help me oo after so many weeks of trials i sucessfully logged into my cic acct

Background check now medical passed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 4:02am On Aug 03, 2017
lonelyhrt:
Choi God help me oo after so many weeks of trials i sucessfully logged into my cic acct

Background check now medical passed
when did u apply and what route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 4:03am On Aug 03, 2017
Rocorleone:

Congratulations glam4444.
which school did you apply to?
Niagara
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by IFY200: 4:27am On Aug 03, 2017
glam4444:
Niagara
congrats lady glamm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 4:48am On Aug 03, 2017
glam4444:

U will see the sign up post dere
Pls what is dli number?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 4:51am On Aug 03, 2017
kenny4uu:

Pls what is dli number?
Designated learning institution number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kenny4uu: 5:53am On Aug 03, 2017
DereI:

"For those who wish to link their paper apps online....This is a step by step approach; ..here it is."

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.
I got it as u explained bt whn I want 2 link it is giving me red alart on my DLI number & is correct as thy wrote it in my offer letter or should I put DLI b4 d number? . Pls any solution 2 that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 6:24am On Aug 03, 2017
kenny4uu:

I got it as u explained bt whn I want 2 link it is giving me red alart on my DLI number & is correct as thy wrote it in my offer letter or should I put DLI b4 d number? . Pls any solution 2 that?
you don't need to put DLI, the first character isn't a number but an alphabet "O not 0" change it and try again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 6:24am On Aug 03, 2017
When I tried linking it's says application not found
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bronze25(f): 6:30am On Aug 03, 2017
Jjxtobi:
Online application
June 3rd
Upfront medicals
Biometrics June 7th

Documents uploaded
CAQ
Admission letter
Financial statement of dad
Form for study permit application
Family form
Police certificate
Digital photograph
Passport data page
Optional form.
Congratulations! grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 6:41am On Aug 03, 2017
MrMarc:

This can only be God...
Very simple...

Paid Tuition and rent.. (This was key)

Just imagine an applicant paying tuition..rent and have his living expenses wired to his newly opened Canadian account from Naija.

Except the VO was sent by village people shocked

I love the payment of rent aspect....thats serious faith that the VO had no option but to approve o cos getting refund for accommodation no b here.

No strong home tie...
No employment...
tho we dont know what was written via SOP..

Sincerely from the various application profile we hav seen that were denied. This is a Miraculous Approval!!!!

Hello sir, I have seen a delayed trv even on Full tuition payment and full rent as well. CIC only approves trv if everything is equal, ie. the applicant meets eligibility. Payment of rent doesnt count. Don't pay rent thinking it'll be of advantage to ur application. Even school fees payment is not required traditionally by CIC. But some schools do require fees payment to secure your admission. And its of late (dis year) CIC started requesting for proof of fees payment and funds export just because of the new CBN regulations on Foreign currencies/transactions. Read d Lagos Visa Office Form, the one that comes with a questionnaire for paper route application.

I have seen some moniker on this thread shivering on how to send CIC proof of money export, even without being requested of him. OYO is his/her case. I strongly wouldn't advice that. Making his/her look desperate.

I just tot I should share so that it wouldn't be confusing to newbies.

Success on our TRVs.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adedamsel86: 6:50am On Aug 03, 2017
Good am folks,
I applied online yesterday and after some minutes I received a confirmation mail but since then I haven't gotten biometrics instruction letter and also my application have been saying ur application status currently not available try later. I am so confused cos I had that biometrics instruction comes immediately, have anyone experience this and my application number hasn't been updated.pls help a sis I am travelling out of Nigeria by weekend and dat y I applied online,can I go to vsf with the payment receipt.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 6:54am On Aug 03, 2017
bbclue:
When I tried linking it's says application not found

Try again later. Follow the instructions strictly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2017
adedamsel86:
Good am folks,
I applied online yesterday and after some minutes I received a confirmation mail but since then I haven't gotten biometrics instruction letter and also my application have been saying ur application status currently not available try later. I am so confused cos I had that biometrics instruction comes immediately, have anyone experience this and my application number hasn't been updated.pls help a sis I am travelling out of Nigeria by weekend and dat y I applied online,can I go to vsf with the payment receipt.

Sir calm down. Biometrics doesn't come immediately. It comes a day or 2 later. So relax. Meanwhile, is your application for Fall? I asked cuz paper app would safe d day as you can attach ur upfront medicals and biometrics at once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Emmane:

Try again later. Follow the instructions strictly.

Okay. ...but Emmane I submitted paper route on Tuesday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adedamsel86: 7:14am On Aug 03, 2017
Emmane:

Thanks,my application is for winter but leaving the country for some month and I will like to apply in Nigeria dat y I did online, I don't think they have open the application yet cos there is no application applied to it,I just checked again.

Sir calm down. Biometrics doesn't come immediately. It comes a day or 2 later. So relax. Meanwhile, is your application for Fall? I asked cuz paper app would safe d day as you can attach ur upfront medicals and biometrics at once.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ibbond(m): 7:18am On Aug 03, 2017
adedamsel86:
Good am folks,

You would get biometric instruction. I applied online 28th of July (last Friday), also had the same feeling but I got a biometric notification august 2nd which I completed yesterday.
Just be patient your notification will come.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayonet(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2017
glam4444:

Itz all God o . grin guess am d youngest here.
SOP was about how gud studying in Canada is , how it will help me nd career opportunities (1 page )

My home tie : my parents

Bro congrats! Please kindly send me a copy of your SOP thanks.

Thanks. Seen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Stormyweather(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2017
I'm a strict observer. Nice work guys. Congratulations to those who got their TRV and those yet to get, congratulations all. My questions in a bit let me continue to observe.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2017
bbclue:

Linked mine after 24hrs so go through the process again carefully
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 7:30am On Aug 03, 2017
bbclue:

You should by now be able to Link your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2017
adedamsel86:

Thanks,my application is for winter but leaving the country for some month and I will like to apply in Nigeria dat y I did online, I don't think they have open the application yet cos there is no application applied to it,I just checked again.

Just exercise patience. I will advice, do not travel until you've been able to sort out ur biometrics. This is really nothing to workup yourself about. You can only worry If after say 2weeks, you still havnt been calledup for Biometrics.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mikky4canny(m): 7:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Everything is normal no cause for alarm. U would get biometrics letter soon..mine came in less than 24hours after submission.
adedamsel86:
Good am folks,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4Gzus: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2017
I got a refusal mail on August 1st. Reason given was purpose of visit.

I have my 1st and 2nd degrees in Electrical Engineering and was going for MSc in sustainable environmental management. I have been working in line with sustainable development of environmental resources for about 3 yrs so was surprised that I was denied based on purpose.

Well I've moved on anyway as it's their loss not mine. I'll advise future trv applicants to make sure their intended program is in line with their previous programs as IRCC isn't cool with applicants from Nigeria switching fields anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ayotho: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2017
Good morning everyone.
Pls if l may ask, is it compulsory that my uncle who is my sponsor pay some amount of money in my account before l applied for the student visa to show his commitment?. He has already paid the deposit fee required by the school on my behalf? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Waoh! Congratulations dear. God will continue to see u through this other phase.

But pls oh! Was it your sponsor that paid your tuition and accommodation fees for you? How did u pay? Or can another sponsor pay for the fees on behalf of the main sponsor?

glam4444:

Lol..alryt

Neco result
Had 2 yr gap but didn't include it(still a student via Unizik )
Police report
Birth certificate
Letter of intent
Application form
Bio data
Letter of acceptance
Paid for first semester tuition fee nd house rent (showed receipt)

Dad's statement of account. Closing amount 7mil
End balance 5 mil (submitted only dad's SOA)
He included affidavit
Landed property worth 2.8 mil

Submitted may 4th paper route
Called for medicals on 19th july
Went for the test on 21st July
Medicals passed on 24th or so
Approved August 2nd

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 8:12am On Aug 03, 2017
ayotho:
Good morning everyone.
Pls if l may ask, is it compulsory that my uncle who is my sponsor pay some amount of money in my account before l applied for the student visa to show his commitment?. He has already paid the deposit fee required by the school on my behalf? Thanks

He will not just initiate the funds transfer, but you will also have to show proof of relationship and some convincing reasons why he wants to sponsor you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2017
OmalichaUC:
Waoh! Congratulations dear. God will continue to see u through this other phase.

But pls oh! Was it your sponsor that paid your tuition and accommodation fees for you? How did u pay? Or can another sponsor pay for the fees on behalf of the main sponsor?

Amen
My mom paid the tuition fee nd house rent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 8:13am On Aug 03, 2017
Emmane:

Hello sir, I have seen a delayed trv even on Full tuition payment and full rent as well. CIC only approves trv if everything is equal, ie. the applicant meets eligibility. Payment of rent doesnt count. Don't pay rent thinking it'll be of advantage to ur application. Even school fees payment is not required traditionally by CIC. But some schools do require fees payment to secure your admission. And its of late (dis year) CIC started requesting for proof of fees payment and funds export just because of the new CBN regulations on Foreign currencies/transactions. Read d Lagos Visa Office Form, the one that comes with a questionnaire for paper route application.

I have seen some moniker on this thread shivering on how to send CIC proof of money export, even without being requested of him. OYO is his/her case. I strongly wouldn't advice that. Making his/her look desperate.

I just tot I should share so that it wouldn't be confusing to newbies.

Success on our TRVs.

As per the delayed trv with payments.
You failed to talk about home tie nor previous work experience with current choice of course. Finance alone don't give trv approval as you rightly said all have to be balanced.

What you see on CIC site is a guideline...
Common sense comes to fore in certain cases.

You hav a distance cousin..uncle or a friend as a sponsor and you think those payments isn't necessary to show commitment and kill every doubt of sponsorship.

My dear.. CIC gave you a basic guide.
If i am to apply with my dad or mum not being my sponsor.. i will evn pay full tuition full rent and have my full leaving expenses.

It is by no means sign of desperation rather a sign of seriousness.

VO are human beings...there's no guide of judgement that says "This applicant is desperate" rather there's one with basic guide which one should fo well to meet 100%.

I would rather see the VO as a judge like tfat of a law court whom i have to convince with all possible evidence for a favorable judgement.

I still insist on payment of fees if you have the money!
Nigeria as a country have a reputation of fraud anybody could hav this cash refunded to whoever sent it after approval.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Emmane: 8:14am On Aug 03, 2017
Yomalicious:

PM Alert

@Yomalicious, incoming PM. Pls respond, Gracias.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 8:15am On Aug 03, 2017
ayotho:
Good morning everyone.

My opinion though, I think he should just pay your tuition fees. Thats where his commitment will reflect. I'm not sure CIC cares about who applied for visa for you or not. The koko is your financial potentials for your study. Visa application is just the 1% stage of the whole affair.
Gurus in the house pls help. I'm learning too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.