Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") (14698 Views)

What Is The Most Annoying Tv Advert Of 2013 So Far? / Monica Wins The MTN Project Fame Season 4 / The TV Advert That Currently Impresses You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by ono(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2006
I have been LMAO!!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by nico(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2006
Can someone tell me what 419 is for? I've heard it quite alot. is it the number for telephone operator or dialling code. I've try using that number for international call and the operator said "you've dialled incorrectly".
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by babonboard(f): 3:22pm On Aug 29, 2006
@ nico
u had better wise up 419 is neither a local or an international number
it is the name called fraudsters,dupers and all the likes
so stop trying to call it
aite
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by shockreaction(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2006
The ad doesn't seem bad at all. Unrealistic, maybe, just for all you pessimistic souls, but not bad at all.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by nico(m): 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2006
@ Babonboard,
thanx for the info, I feel foolish
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by blinx4real(m): 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2006
Its obvious those two love birds are

1. Jobless, else I think they should be getting ready for work that early

2. They don't live in Lagos, the sun usually catch lagos gs in their office

3. Don't go to church on sundays

4. certainly do not work for MTN
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by chynes(f): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2006
ok, i will say my piece.
i don't dig  that particular advert,
though the concept was nice,
But, what put me off was the opening.

jewwy-------"hey girl"
 Girl-----------"hey you."

Does that sound roamantic

what kind of exchange is that. it made the advert sound kind of----"childish"
what happened to all the endearments people in love use.

by the way, her "waoo" at the sight of the sunshine was too much.
like she had never seen the sun before
The over (exaggerated) reaction is one other thing  i don't like.
its  nice to be happy at the "gift" , but i expected her to appreciate the sunshine, smile, enjoy the sunrise while she continues with  their conversation. Not leave her jaw hanging while staring at the sun.

But all in all, anybody with a romantic soul can appreciate the concept behind the advert.

1 Like

Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by donjazzie(m): 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2006
was @ a show sponsored by MTN and heard a comedian say his expirence when he tried it with a warri babe.couldn't help but laugh ma self out.jst imagine in reality tryin that with an average 9ja babe.eh u go hear am.cool ad tho but, ______
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by diyobdw(f): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2006
i love the concept. I would understand and appreciate such 4 real! cheesy

@chynes

At times you get to that level you will understand! Pet names go further than the usuals!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by kg(f): 7:59pm On Aug 29, 2006
I think the advert is cool, romantic , but not necessarily realistic

Come to think of it most guys exaggerate when they start cooking up those lines and enough 'ajasa' when it comes to babes,

Guys una know wetin na dey do now,
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by dennylove(m): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2006
so KG, wetin you mean?say na JERRY ABI na MTN DEY LIE?okayyyyyyyyy, you mean that MTN sunshine advert?MEN!!!!!!!!the words that JERRY used was very very romantic,the advert itself was a mind-blowing and heart melt advert,IT MAKES YOU FEEL REAL LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by chynes(f): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2006
@diyobwv

which level be that? when did "hey girl" and "hey you" become pet names.
my dear, it sounded just unreal
I HAVE BEEN THERE, . but hey girl , no be one of them.
i maintain, that endearment sounded corny .
i appreciate the sunrise more than most pple do.
infact i takeout time atimes to watch it. but i dont leave my mouth wide open while am doing it. shocked
grin grin grin
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Christino(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2006
"Merry Xmas Uncle John" woulda been good enough, but everyday's not xmas.

Very unNigerian, that girl's exotic, how can a Nigerian chic appreciate the "SUN". Good she is a botty, she stays indoors, and has prolly never seen the sun, if it was an eclipse, maybe there'd be more to it. An average Nigerian girl would appreciate a "400 naira" recharge card, and even then she'd have said "bolo" or "maga" let alone the "SUN" pteeewww!!

I hope say the girl no go curse they guy say he carry am commot for room stress her legs go outside dey think say person don wrap gift for balcony.

Oh Jerry, "I never knew you were this jobless!" That was what she said, MTN edited it.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by chynes(f): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2006
@christino

You are hilarious, grin grin grin
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by onydchic(f): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2006
i felt it was cheesy. u can all spare me d 'nigerian' crap. the day mtn shoots their ads in dis country i'll BEND. its a foreign idea by foreign ppl. and its SILLY. sunshine's Pretty and all, but come on. i'll jus insult u for makin me think it was somethin important i was goin to look at
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by dflash(f): 9:15am On Sep 02, 2006
oh jewwy,u a real gift,u give ma hat a soul-wrenchin fall ahhhhghhh, i hate it
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by hany(f): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2006
[/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

oh[color=#990000]

oh come on Nigerian re so unromantic i wish i could b given yhat 4 my birthday
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2006
@onydchic

ALL MTN adverts have been shot in NIGERIA same with GLO. the one in question as well
the girl went to UNILAG and i see her often at salsa gigs

so you better bend

even the technical crew the studio set that was built and the photographer that took the pictures are all NIGERIAN and based in Nigeria

the concepts vary according to season this one was to coincide with vals day

cheesy the ad was true but it was well done
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by akamihe(m): 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2006
U all have spoken well. Diff strokes , Diff folks!! I respect your opinions. But nobody really can please the world. Romance is good n also relative. To some it's climbing tree for their babes, to others I could a sunshine gift. I think I like the concept of the ad really n the lyrics to. Such lyrics from Jerry can melt any girl even when u dont mean it. I will score MTN an 'A' in their ads. But they shld do something about tarriff and incentive for their loyal subscribers. They have not really done much there. They shld learn to give back little! I lie? I feel u all.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Eastcoast(f): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2006
lol, hilarious o my God, l cant stop laughing. Sunshine. lol grin grin
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by clocky(m): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2006
I know that dude in the video . we went to d same school in nija. The guy dey wear braces on his teeth i wonder why him remove am for the advert cos the stuff looks really ugly on him .

na wa o see engineer dey waste for nija.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Bolarge(m): 11:50am On Sep 04, 2006
What a diverse world we live in. Still can't come to terms with the fact that anyone would have anything against that advert. GOD!It blew my mind from the first time I set my eyes on it!! The mere fact that out of all the ads we have in this country this very one has become our topic of discussion gives credence to the ingenuity it epitomises.
  People,when it comes to romance it's an "all-or-none" law. You either have it or You just don't have it!
  To all who have contributed in favor of this ad(Seun,Ra,Femi,etc) Big hugs people!!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by olagboye(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2006
common guys,inasmuch as we are living in a material-frenzied world, i believe some chicks would ave appreciated d gift.i think d advert was romantic,mtn should b commended 4 churning out wonderful adverts.cheers
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Seye(m): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2006
onydchic:

i felt it was cheesy. u can all spare me d 'nigerian' crap. the day mtn shoots their ads in this country i'll BEND. its a foreign idea by foreign people. and its SILLY. sunshine's Pretty and all, but come on. i'll jus insult u for makin me think it was somethin important i was goin to look at
Its time for you to bend. That advert was shot here in Nigeria, particularly at The LTV Studio at Alausa, Lagos. The editing wasn't done in Nigeria though.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by onydchic(f): 12:25am On Sep 05, 2006
@salsera,seye, they might get nigerian actors but some of their adverts wer not shot in nigeria. dey jus started dat after d govt warned dem.dunno bout glo. and the ones that ARE shot here are made up of a completely foreign crew. my point was dat the concept isn't very 'nigerian', not dat i really care. it's cheesy no matter wer its done. let's be realistic. NO-ONE shud be dat tripped by d sun.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by onydchic(f): 12:26am On Sep 05, 2006
@salsera,seye, they might get nigerian actors but some of their adverts wer not shot in nigeria. dey jus started dat after d govt warned dem.dunno bout glo. and the ones that ARE shot here are made up of a completely foreign crew. my point was dat the concept isn't very 'nigerian', not dat i really care. it's cheesy no matter wer its done. let's be realistic. NO-ONE shud be dat tripped by d sun.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Seye(m): 8:16am On Sep 05, 2006
The concepts are developed here in Nigeria. The idea of Oh Jerry may look foreign though. What will you say about Mama Na Boy, Merry Christmas Uncle John. Those are real life daily occurence we see and experience everyday. TV Production in Nigeria is taking a different dimension everyday and you can see it even in our movie production, but post production is still a problem and we will get there very soon.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by diyobdw(f): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2006
@chynes
pet name go beyond the norm!!!! have hey "she" and hi "he" b4?
It called diff stroke 4 diff folks cheesy

the value is felt by those who dont mind.my dear ,love, boo, baby boy bla bla wont just do it 4 me im not normal & am lov'g it
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by ShaunBee(m): 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2006
@clocky

The guy's name is Niyi and we attended the same secondary school in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun state. He wasn't using braces then. Are u sure u're not just trying to mess the kid up. Which school did u guys attend together? FUTA?

Whether u like the advert or not, for u guys to be discussing it like this, I believe it had served its purpose. That's all that counts.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by clocky(m): 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2006
yes he wore braces in FUTA . golden ones just to feel cool
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Raymand(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2006
Shhhesh! it's just an advert!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by darqly(m): 6:52pm On Sep 05, 2006
ehem, its been a longtime coming but I knew I had issues with this ad. Jerry is a cheapskate, imagine,how long was the call he made? tops 59 secs. If he's on per minute billing, that cost him like N47. Worse still, if it was happy hour then( grin), probably alot less,

Smooth operator then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yuletide: Nigerians Spent N359 Million In Cinemas / JAGABAN Ft SELINA TESTED Episode 23 & 24 (war At Dawn) #viralvideo #trending / BOLLYWOOD Actors, Actresses And Movies (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.