Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") (14697 Views)

What Is The Most Annoying Tv Advert Of 2013 So Far? / Monica Wins The MTN Project Fame Season 4 / The TV Advert That Currently Impresses You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by omo(f): 12:45am On Sep 06, 2006
i really love d advert, so romantic. although i'm happily single right now, it makes me wanna have a boyfriend so bad, lol!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by clocky(m): 12:03pm On Sep 06, 2006
omo u r not happly single . u need someone in ur life right now just know that.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Busta(f): 5:15am On Sep 07, 2006
awwwww, so sweet. if only it was real.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 07, 2006
So sweet! The ad never fails to turn me on whenever i see it.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by jeffolala(f): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2006
NA SUNSHINE I GO CHOP? NA TODAY WE FREIND LAST, !!!! Stupid Boy
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by KINGKONG(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2006
Bump
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by angelyetty: 11:57am On Sep 09, 2006
am a nigarain. orn n brought up in nigia n i love dt advert.
some replies r extremeely funny, do u expect material gifts from ur bf all d time?
the whole concept of the advert is d bomb n d advertis too much
MTN carry go. love them
no aplogies to anyone but if u dnt like ds advert,
u no little or notin about love or romance
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by chynes(f): 9:08pm On Sep 09, 2006
@diyobdw,

Ok my dear, whatever turns you on. grin
like you said diff strokes for diff folks.
Just expressing my mind.
that endearment just didn't do it for me.
Peace wink grin
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by diyobdw(f): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2006
Feel u on that wink
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by onimsi(m): 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2006
i think the advert is really imaginative nad well delivered. tho i would have preferred the boy's name to be nigerian something like "akpos' so the girl says ohh akpos and not oh "jewwy"
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by samuelanya(m): 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2006
I am of the opinion that the advert though not MTN's best is quite interesting and come to think of it even romantic. At least is somewhere between the greats of "Its, Its, (GOAL!!!)" and the stupids of "Paint Yello everywhere" and "You too can be the one taking giant strides" of recent times. I think we should do more of these things, that is blast all the stupid adverts we are forced to watch and listen to. For more of these,

check out my blog: http://nigerianadverts..com
and I am looking at introducing images and videos too (soon)
perhaps even organizing a site at my expeses at least to reduce some of these adverts that so anger me especially when I am watching my favourite soaps (when you are mine - former, The gardner's daughter - present)
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by samuelanya(m): 7:35am On Oct 29, 2006
View my post on "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly Nigerian Adverts". Its very interesting. Check it out here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-28839.0.html
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Priestus(m): 11:24am On Jun 04, 2007
I dont know why people would say they hate the MTN Sunshine advert. When will Nigeria grow? How is it that we dont appreciate ingenuity and abstract intelligence except physicallity? My kids would glue to the TV and almost shed tears watching it. If you don't love such an ad which i consider one of the best in Nigerian T.V, then you may hiss at many world class advert and call them garbbage. Be broad in your thought. Don't be too primitive. The best and most ingenious works in life comes from abstract. Piccasso, Da Vinci, Rosenburg, Handel and other great men's work that have stood the test of time are abstract. Love is abstract and that was one of the best representations of love. Such comes from inspiration not gains. Im sure many of you guys love money than smile, yet smile is one of the greatest gift you can give. That ad is outstanding! Have you watched the advert of Panasonic, LG, Nokia, etc. Some of you will never make any sense out of it. I pity our level of attraction to nature. Go out and see the movement of the sky, birds or the moon closing down at sunset and draw inspiration. I salute the origniator of this MTN ad in Nairaland; you are close to God.

1 Like

Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by mi3(f): 12:46am On Apr 20, 2008
LOL, i thought i was the only one that had a reaction to this advert! the "oh Jerry" at the end cracks me uuuuuup!

its kinda sweet, kinda annoyin, but the oh jerry part, dayum!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by silhouette(m): 10:22am On Nov 25, 2008
Wats so unreal abt d 'hey', Its tite n i tink havin a prob wit romantic affairs or u've had 1, embarassed
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by eliteweb(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2008
D advert was intresting, but i did'nt see jerry or jewwy give her a gift, rather he thanked her 4 bringing sunshine to his life.
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by BossTtdiamonds(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
Who brought tis' thread back from the dead . . , . .
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Youngj1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2009
D advert is one of d best ever made on nigerian tv it totally intoxicates me wit its ingenuity .I luv it
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by sanctisam(m): 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2009
Good news 2 D Critics down here. We've got a topic tagged ADVERT CRITICS in the VIDEO/GRAPHICS section where Nairalanders re free 2 Xpres their disgust ova Naija adverts.

Come One come All!
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by honsule(m): 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2009
@Boss. let the sleeping dogs lie
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by bayourgold: 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
mtn sha
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by Guchis(f): 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2009
@topic

I think the advert was cool, i luved it
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by kkkossy(m): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2009
evry xmas ds thread kip resurrecting, let it rest in peace pls angry
Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by natalie3: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2012
i like the advert because they connected the use of nature and love to the advert making it more interesting and wanting to watch more of it and how possible it is for u to communicate with your loved ones. By ANYAMEGBUNEM ISIOMA STEPHANIE, MASS COMMUNUICATION 200 LEVEL FROM CALEB UNIVERSITY IMOTA.

1 Like

Re: The MTN 'Sunshine' TV Advert ("oh, Jerry!") by jerry0071: 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2021
Posting on this thread after almost 10 YEARS! Damn....
Anyways, I was teaching some young chaps about forms of seductions to be aware of and how to overcome and I mentioned this ROMANTIC AD. Few of them are just as old as the ad cheesy
I believe nature is a gift which should be appreciated like it was portrayed in the ad.

BTW, my name is Jerry and I was so heavily teased by my friends back then... It was horrible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yuletide: Nigerians Spent N359 Million In Cinemas / JAGABAN Ft SELINA TESTED Episode 23 & 24 (war At Dawn) #viralvideo #trending / BOLLYWOOD Actors, Actresses And Movies (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.