Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,561 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Tell Us About Your Nails - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tell Us About Your Nails (9983 Views)

Design Your Nails With Newspapers! / Are You Addicted To Fake Nails? / MTN Logo On A Lady's Finger-Nails (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by tRoOE(f): 11:02pm On May 04, 2008
@ PrincessMo
The funny thing is that I refill my nails every 3 wks, I will rather spend my last $20dollars on my nails than going grocery shopping.

I do not dig my hands into water, that's why i only use disposable plates, even when am cooking na gloves i dey use to prevent my nails, expect when am taking shower.

Never forced the nails out, oh let it stay long, in fact my friend laughs at me the way I take care of my nails, but I still ended up with a dint, and my nails are softer than what it was before.

Am tempting to start fixing my acrylic nails back becos I don’t like the dint on it, but I need a solution to get my nails back to normal

Too much acrylic will mess up the nails wink

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Cadet(f): 11:15pm On May 04, 2008
My nail is natural and clean. It does not need fake nail, the tips are naturally very white and curved like a "fake" nail grin cheesy.

All I need to do is wash it regularly and sometimes I use clear nail polish to strengthen my nails.

As fast as they grow, they're not fragile but can break from any force.

Just need to keep the edges smooth and filed and to keep it clean tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by iice(f): 2:46am On May 05, 2008
@Trooe,
I know oooo. . .but she has tried growing her nails and they always break after growing small. The only time her nails get long is when she does the acrylic. After she takes it out her nail will stay for a while then it will break.
You prolly just need to grow your nails out for a while to let the dent grow out. Is it the acrylic causing it? My sister's nails don't have dents. undecided
Hahhhhh i tried using gloves to wash coz my nails break due to the water but am not used to gloves.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by tRoOE(f): 3:06am On May 05, 2008
@IICE
Yea that was what my mom too said, that I should let it grow longer so air can penetrate inside. I don’t know how I got those dent oh, I visited so many nail places, who knows if it’s the stupid cement they used caused all these.
The gloves is a must 4 me, but try to get use to it.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 8:40am On May 05, 2008
tRoOE:

@ PrincessMo
The funny thing is that I refill my nails every 3 wks, I will rather spend my last $20dollars on my nails than going grocery shopping.

I do not dig my hands into water, that's why i only use disposable plates, even when am cooking na gloves i dey use to prevent my nails, expect when am taking shower.

Never forced the nails out, oh let it stay long, in fact my friend laughs at me the way I take care of my nails, but I still ended up with a dint, and my nails are softer than what it was before.

Am tempting to start fixing my acrylic nails back because I don’t like the dint on it, but I need a solution to get my nails back to normal

Too much acrylic will mess up the nails wink

HA HA HA!! U're so funny. . .I love u! cheesy
I've tried washing with gloves. Jus doesn't work for me.
As a result I don't do too much washing. That's wut the dishwasher
and the washing machine are for or I jus get ma boyfriend to do it.
LOL!! I only really wash anything wen I'm cookin up a feast or
summin lol. . .WOMEN!!
They actually help mine grow. Wen they come off after like 2 months, ma nails are long enough for me
to file and polish em. But silly me, I always end up fixing again  grin
Ma boyfriend thinks they wicked!! hahaha. . . cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by tohloo: 1:51pm On May 05, 2008
i used to have realy long,strong well filled nails. most people found it hard to believe they weren't artificial grin
now they are a ghost of their former selves,very weak and they break off whenever i try to grow them sad.dont know what to do.they r always short now and ilove to paint them wine cos i love dark,rich colours

i heard that "nail wrapping" helps nails get stronger.is this true?

my toe nails on the other hand are very strong& nice to look at.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by TheSly: 2:04pm On May 05, 2008
I like Ma nails. . . .So long. . . . about 3.9Cm cool
I lost one recently though. . . was playing some Kinda rough game with a friend. . sad angry
Most peepz finds it hard to believe that they are natural. . . some used to think that its a fixed fake nail. . . i love it like that cool
So many women are jealous of them. . . . . . cool cool
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by iice(f): 2:07pm On May 05, 2008
Thats just eww man. . .dudes with long nails lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by TheSly: 2:12pm On May 05, 2008
iice:

Thats just eww man. . .dudes with long nails lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Nahhhh it aint what u think. . .
Trust me u gon like it of u see them . . . . .straight . . .clean. . .transparent. . . wink cool
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Cadet(f): 2:15pm On May 05, 2008
The Sly:

I like Ma nails. . . .So long. . . . about 3.9Cm cool
I lost one recently though. . . was playing some Kinda rough game with a friend. . sad angry
Most peepz finds it hard to believe that they are natural. . . some used to think that its a fixed fake nail. . . i love it like that cool

That is just plain gross! shocked lipsrsealed Dude, that's not cute undecided
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by TheSly: 2:18pm On May 05, 2008
Cadet:

That is just plain gross! shocked lipsrsealed Dude, that's not cute undecided
Like i have said earlier!. . .

The Sly:

cool cool
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by iice(f): 2:59pm On May 05, 2008
The Sly:

Nahhhh it aint what u think. . .
Trust me u gon like it of u see them . . . . .straight . . .clean. . .transparent. . . wink cool

Long nails on dudes is just ewww
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 3:01pm On May 05, 2008
~My natural nails R Clipped Short every two weeks if i havent got any Acrylic on!! then I paint Them Either Black or Clear Vanish!! I care For my Nails  Using Cuticle Oil N Nail Hardner!!

~I Adore Acyrlic Nails,Over The Years i have hardly given my nails a breather,always had/have them on,my natural nails as a result are always weak,all that filing!!

~11 years ago i had the most horrifying experience!! while i was bouncing a basketball,the Acrylic nail on my thumb broke,oooh la la,i pray i never feel that excruciating pain ever again!!! The length wasn't long at all,it was just one of those freak accident kinda thingy, My natural nail that has grown underneath broke into the  flesh,i screamed all the way to the lady who fixed it,lol,thinking of it now,i dont have a clue why i didnt go to the hospital,i figured she'll know what to do!! anyways eventually i ended up  screaming  my lungs out as they clipped the nail off  cry cry cry You would have thought lesson learnt no more Arcrylic, but Noo am still fixing it only am a lot cautious i dont get caught up in any suitation wherein there'll be a repeat of that incident,ofcourse there's the usual bump on the nail on the table,door,against something hoooo  that hurts too grin

~I dont like my natural nails grown long at all dunno why,i prefer it short,but then i have the Acrylic put on to a considerably long length,not ridiculously long like the whole length of the nail,i see chicks with that length N am like how do they do it!!
~I dont like to refill,i tried it once i kept thinking i can see where the filling was put in,lol, am weird like that tongue i prefer a new set put on!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by TheSly: 3:03pm On May 05, 2008
iice:

Long nails on dudes is just ewww
--------------->
The Sly:

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by iice(f): 3:22pm On May 05, 2008
LOL jealous of nails that i have? undecided
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by tRoOE(f): 7:17pm On May 05, 2008
PrincessMo:

HA HA HA!! You're so funny. . .I love u! cheesy
I've tried washing with gloves. Jus doesn't work for me.
As a result I don't do too much washing. That's what the dishwasher
and the washing machine are for or I jus get ma boyfriend to do it.
LOL!! I only really wash anything when I'm cookin up a feast or
summin lol. . .WOMEN!!
They actually help mine grow. Wen they come off after like 2 months, ma nails are long enough for me
to file and polish em. But silly me, I always end up fixing again grin
Ma boyfriend thinks they wicked!! hahaha. . . cheesy
My apt does not have a dishwasher angry, that is why i use disposable, just wish we have disposable pots ahahaha.
My guy is actually kind when it comes to the dishes thing, he calls an helper to wash them for grin grin, he know how important my nails are. abi na women and their wahala tongue
You get addicted to it after a while, am trying to get it fix but the way am looking at it hmmmmmm I might be doing it which means breaking my promise.
That is the problem oh, it breaks very easily.
Which one do you like?the French ones or hair brush.

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 8:26pm On May 05, 2008
I prefer French for any normal day.
But say there's a special occasion, I get Air brush.
I like the French cos it's clean and simple and
people don't necessarily have to kno it's fake.
Air brush looks fake most of the time especially those
ladies that fix them so long and look like AYAMATANGA!! shocked grin
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Dreloaded(f): 8:31pm On May 05, 2008
PrincessMo:

ladies that fix them so long and look like AYAMATANGA!! shocked grin

Cant stand girls who do that shit. They are the ones that take forever at cash registers cos their witchy nails cant pick up change.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Cadet(f): 10:08pm On May 05, 2008
lmao!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 11:12pm On May 05, 2008
D-reloaded:

Cant stand girls who do that shit. They are the ones that take forever at cash registers because their witchy nails can't pick up change.

LMFAO!!! cheesy cheesy
I fell off ma chair babe. . .nice one!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by tRoOE(f): 12:03am On May 06, 2008
@PrincessMo
ROTFLMFAO @AYAMATANGA nails, have wonder myself how people like that can write, do house chores, pack their hair, or pick something off the fall.
It's only the ghetto ladies that do those kind of things, to make it worst they use bright colors grin grin grin

And the air brush does not last long too sef, the paint and design comes out fast then start looking unattractive

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Gamine(f): 12:32am On May 06, 2008
My nails put me in trouble through out secondary school, it wasnt funny

I dont like painting my finger nails, except in Clear or very pale colors.

i have to paint my toe nails though embarassed

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by tRoOE(f): 1:06am On May 06, 2008
shocked shocked long but nicely shape and clean
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by motunrayo4(f): 1:10am On May 06, 2008
@ Gamime
Same here I HAVE to paint my toe nails, if I dont I feel very self concious. But my fingernails on the other hand I dont really take care of them. I use to get acrylics but they started my messing up my real nails so I stopped and my nails are not too cute right now tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Gamine(f): 1:24am On May 06, 2008
@Rayo,
As in my toes are just too funny looking, they look better when i paint them

My finger nails, i hardly look at them, but i cut the ones on my thumbs, i hate it when they are long.

I got the trait from my dad but my mum makes him cut his nails frequently.

my nails grow in two weeks and that always led me into trouble in sec sch

They used to check skirts, hair and nails. i fell regularly into the nail trap and had my fingers flogged

with one long cane by one wicked Rating, awww the memories!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by fellybabe(f): 1:12pm On May 06, 2008
i really love acrylic nails. i stopped fixing nail because Acyrlic powder did damages to my nails and for abt a year i was treating it . i thank God, i have my healthy natural nails back to myself.

i never knew i could stop fixing acyrlic nails because i got addicted to it that am always on it.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 2:31pm On May 06, 2008
~My Toe nails are gorgeous,cant wait to show them off in peeptoes or flats this spring/summer!! they are natural,I give my toes a lot of DIY love,got all the basics for a pedicure,i love polishing the tips white with either soft strawberry or french ivory nail Polish!! Sometimes i polish it black,i love black polish on my nails wink i have had quite a few compliments about my toes too tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by lami4life(f): 2:53pm On May 06, 2008
All these comments about nail care and all is really making me feel very unladylike. Honestly, you don't want to see my nails! Interestingly, i av naturally lovely nails that grows very easily and has a naturally lovely shape, that is if i allow it grow. it's about the only part of my appearance i take for granted. Many times when people compliment me on my overall appearance, when they eventually see my nails shocked, I'm sure they feel like withdrawing the compliment
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 2:58pm On May 06, 2008
@ tRoOE
Was lookin at your profile pic. Are u a twin?
Cos u and that other girl look A LOT alike  undecided
You're the one with the nose ring rite?
You're really pretty!!! smiley

um. . .hisgrace wut u talkin bout o?
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Ajebota(f): 3:05pm On May 06, 2008
i like to keep my finger nails very short and out of my way! I paint them before special ocasions though. As for toe nail, their best left to the pros cheesy Would have a pedicure every week if I could!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Aladunni(f): 3:40pm On May 06, 2008
always known myself to bite on those nails i pity them a lot they dont seem to complement my fingers at all.

i stopped biting out of embarrasment sometimes ago, and they all rejoiced for freedom at last.

but alas!!! they are growing shorter these days, i know am anxious about something
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 5:43pm On May 06, 2008
~Aaw Aladunni, what did you do to stop?? my hubby bites his nails,dont even know what he bites b/c it dont seem like there's much nails left to bite/nibble on angry

~I ave given up moaning about it but now my son's picked up on his bad habit,drives me nut when i see them nibbling at their nails grrrr,if i can help it,i will stop my son from doing it,i always ask him to stop thu if i see him doing it,dunno why it irritates me but it does!!

Ways To Use Emily Millionaire Coconut Oil And Herbs / I Can't Braid My Hair As A Boy, Why? / Beauty Vs Intelligence

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53