Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,086 members, 7,828,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Tell Us About Your Nails - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tell Us About Your Nails (9984 Views)

Design Your Nails With Newspapers! / Are You Addicted To Fake Nails? / MTN Logo On A Lady's Finger-Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 7:27pm On May 06, 2008
mohawkchic is that u in the pic on your profile
lookin like a southern african beauty?
lol. . . grin
Love the haircut seriously!  cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 11:17am On May 07, 2008
~Lol cheesy Thank You PrincessMo kiss
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by angel101(f): 2:48pm On May 07, 2008
visit The Nail Bar
Suite H304
Ikota Shopping Complex
VGC, Lagos

it is absolutely tha bomb!!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 5:39pm On May 07, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Lol cheesy Thank You PrincessMo kiss

U're welcome!! cheesy
I cut ma hair like that a while ago but now
it's about an inch long. I love ur neck thang too!! cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 8:31pm On May 07, 2008
I love your neck thang too!! cheesy [quote][/quote]

~Me Too grin Ta.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by PrincessMo(f): 2:16pm On May 08, 2008
smiley smiley kiss kiss
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Aladunni(f): 2:48pm On May 09, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Aaw Aladunni, what did you do to stop?? my hubby bites his nails,don't even know what he bites b/c it don't seem like there's much nails left to bite/nibble on angry

~I ave given up moaning about it but now my son's picked up on his bad habit,drives me nut when i see them nibbling at their nails grrrr,if i can help it,i will stop my son from doing it,i always ask him to stop thu if i see him doing it,don't know why it irritates me but it does!!

@ mohawkchic

it was a very very conscious effort to stop the habit the time i referred to. i was really working on my mind then, i tagged nail biting as an evil, shameful and embarrasing habit that must be done away with, since i recognize it was anxiety that made me do it, i stopped being anxious over issues of life and i just stopped, and whenever it was lil long, i used nail cutter instead of ma teeth. i couldnt nurture it to be long then because they were just looking too short for comfort.

a pity ur little boy took that habit and its just easier for you to stop him NOW. for him you can add some bitter substance to his fingers, it should help stop him or plaster his fingers

all the best (bad habits are so easy to start u know)
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 7:20pm On May 09, 2008
~@ Aladunni Thanks for your response kiss

~Am happy you can make that conscious effort to kick that habit!!

~I'll keep observing how regular my son bites his nails,his nails are often clipped weekly or every fortnight!! If he continues to bite his nail,my Last resort will defo be "pepper" {child abuse} grin

~Like you pointed out bad habits are so easy/quick to start so its always better to nip it in the bud!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Aladunni(f): 11:44am On May 10, 2008
mohawkchic:

~I'll keep observing how regular my son bites his nails,his nails are often clipped weekly or every fortnight!! If he continues to bite his nail,my Last resort will defo be "pepper" {child abuse} grin

please do, is your baby a toddler? u can use plaster or whatever u call that in UK, but if he is old enough u know he can be removing the stuff by himself or can be wondering why mum is doing that when he doesnt have a wound. You can also talk it out with him too, they do listen, no matter how young they are.

Meanwhile u seems not to be finding a solution to your hussy's. He maybe anxious about issues you dont know, please study that too and help him gerrout of it.

That pics in your profile looks beautiful and familiar, are u a Nigerian? Have a great weekend
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 8:00pm On May 10, 2008
~My Son Is 6 years old,I actually sat him down yesterday N told him Mummy's aint happy he's bittin his nails N he's made a promise he wont,i'll keep observing him N remiding him of his promise when he slips up which am expecting him to do once in a while!!

~Aladunni,i don't think there's a solution to stopping my hubby from biting his nails,he's been doing it since thy kingdom come grin i wouldn't even call what he has on his hands as nails,its not even half a nail sad  its that bad!!!
~After almost eight years,i still havent gotten use to seeing him bite his nails!! drives me up the wall angry

~Am thinking  his profession has got a lot to do with his constant biting undecided

~Aaaw thank you,Noo am Sierra Leonean!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Cadet(f): 11:05pm On May 10, 2008
@mohawkchic
lol! No offense, but I dislike when ppl bite their nails. I seriously can't keep my nails short. It feels weird, it feels like am missing sth.

I'm not into those nails that's so short you can tell where nails start and skin begins

But my toe nails are always short, but finger nails, na na! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 1:45am On May 11, 2008
~ @ Cadet None Taken grin

~Hate is the most suitable word that comes to my mind,i hate it with a passion grin but unfortunately its just one of those things am in no control to stop from happening!! Am not even optimistic my hubby will ever stop biting his nails,one gross habit that!!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mi3(f): 3:00am On May 12, 2008
my nails, mehn, i used to chew the hell out of them, then i stopped, don't know tha miracle that happened, saw a picture and my nails were awful! like two centimetres and this weird bluish tinge to them, na so i stop oh, now they are long-ish, painted them this fa pink colour erryone was askin me if i fixed them tongue so i guess they look hella good cheesy,

tried french tips and acrylic, got nastee lookin after like a week+my self acquired older sister took one look at them and informed me that fake nails arent classy, i take her word for it, shes been there, done that (nothing personal to those of you that fix oh!)

still bite them when im nervous though, don't even realize im doing it cheesy

my toe nails are an entirely different story, i love them to bits, love my feet generally, but i fink my toenails are too cute jare! they are er, long, not sharp oh, i hate that, when ppl fix their toe nails(once more, no offence), i mean like, theres a lot of it stuck to the flesh, lol, as in they cover a long surface area, and they are rectangular, and look so damn HOT with dark plum nail polish tongue
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Aladunni(f): 2:23pm On May 12, 2008
they look like this now, but someone said they are still short. I know i will get there soon

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Aladunni(f): 2:24pm On May 12, 2008
and these

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mohawkchic(f): 2:39pm On May 12, 2008
~Aladunni they look allright to me,dont think they're short at all!! well done !!
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by bluespice(f): 8:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
i am obsessed wif my nails
name any color apart from pink and i have had it on b4 grin
they grow long so i leave them to grow but the crap is they are soo soft i wash and they break i have been taking calcium rich milk doesnt help cry dunno what to do but i do my manisure and pedicure my self
i rarely let people do it for me that why i dont go to nail palors never fixed b4 im scared shit of it heard so many stories like ur nails fall off, or they become retarded, like never grow or something so never fixed ive been stopped so many times by strangers asking if my nails are fixed smiley i love getting people to guess if they are too
my nails might be amazing but my mom and brothers beat me hands down angry sometimes i wish i could cut off my brother's hands and make em mine for just a day grin, they are that beautiful, cry yes he lets me know each day and yes he is obsessed with them angry
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Nobody: 3:47am On Jun 14, 2008
My nails are too weak to grow long. They split at the slightest provocation angry
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by donluciano187(m): 1:41am On Oct 11, 2008
MY NAILS AINT LONG. I KEEP 'EM CLEAN AND CUT 'EM SHORT. MY IDEAL GIRL IS ONE WITH LONG NATURAL FINGERNAILS AND SEXY TOENAILS. I WOULDNT ALLOW HER DO ANY HARD WORK. I'LL LIKE TO PAY FOR HER VISITS TO THE NAIL SALOON. SO ALL YOU LONG NAIL NAIJA GIRLS, WHICH ONE OF YOU IS STILL SINGLE? PLEASE DONT TELL ME Y'ALL R MARRIED OR ENGAGED. MY EMAIL IS: jeromebriggs@ymail.com
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by asabie(f): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2008
MY OWN NAILS ARE RATHER TOO SHORT, I WOULD HAVE PREFERED THEM TO BE LONG LIKE MY YOUNGER SIS'S OWN.
I DONT BITE MY NAILS I ENSURE THEY ARE ALWAYS NEAT COS SMONE'S NAILS SPEAKS VOLUME, I FIX 'EM ONCE IN A WHILE. MY TOE NAILS ARE USUALLY POLISHED IN BRIGHT COLOURS.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by mafolayomi(f): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2008
my nails just too short, just like that of Aladunnis
Dont like it that way, but dont no what to do to make them longer than how they are now
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by TOYOSI20(f): 2:12am On Nov 18, 2008
I think I have the best nails, they actually don't get broken easily, tongue cool

I try to get a manicure as often as I can as well,. . , .

B.T.W, cuticle oils are also good for ure nails. wink
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by abujabooks(f): 1:19am On Nov 19, 2008
I do my nails myself. Except when I am in 9ja, then I go 2 d salon 4 pedicure & manicure.

Beautiful nails.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by donluciano187(m): 1:37am On Nov 23, 2008
hello Gamine. I love you nails. Can i have your email please?
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2008
My nails are my best friends. I love them and always care for them. Unfortunately one breaks, so I have to cut all of them cry to make them equal. But when they eventually grow back they are as beautiful as ever. The highest length i have achieved so far was 0.9 cm on my auricular. How lovely.

I don't have any beauty routine but once in a while and more often during summer I get a pedicure, all done by myself. I mostly use gloves to avoid getting them wet, so making them more breakable.

I have varieties of colors. My friends think I am bizarre but I just love beautiful things.

Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by Riskie(f): 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2008
I have been a nail bitter since I was 5 years old. Sometimes I would bite them til they were numb lol. At firts I did it because I wanted to be like an older cousin of mine that I admired. Then as time went on it became a habit and a nervous tendency. As short as my nails were I usually painted them pink or clear because other colors looked weird. When I got my braces put in this September I was forced to stop lol. At first my teeth were too shaky and painful for me toeven nibble my nails. So for the first three weeks I watched my nails grow in agony. Then I started liking it lol. Now i file them and wear different colors. It's so much fun and makes me feel girly. Although I don't let them grow too long as I think that would be quite uncomfortable.
Re: Tell Us About Your Nails by donluciano187(m): 1:16am On Jan 07, 2009
Michelin89, you got beautiful nails. Can i get to know you please. jeromebriggs@ymail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ways To Use Emily Millionaire Coconut Oil And Herbs / I Can't Braid My Hair As A Boy, Why? / Beauty Vs Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.