Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,316 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial (52818 Views)

Breaking: CCT Adjourns Trial Of Suspended CJN, Onnoghen Indefinitely / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Foolishbuhari: 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I laugh when I read things like this.
He's about to be disgraced out of his career if he's not smart to see the good intentions of the Presidency.

Then let him get disgraced out. Why are you crying more than the bereaved? If the man has decided to fight in the face of the allegations against him, then wish him good luck and move on. Na so una talk tire about Saraki how e be Las Las? Same tactics, media blind and trials, trying to gas light him Las las sha what ever the outcome, it's going to make our laws stronger in this country.

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by seunmsg(m): 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
Onnoghen should resign and stop wasting his time. I can bet he’s holding on just to see if PDP will win the presidential election. Atiku must have assured him that he will drop the charges and restore him back to office if he’s elected. Sadly for him, Atiku won’t be elected president and he cannot clear himself. Before the CCT trial is concluded, EFCC will file another case of money laundering and abuse of office against him at the federal high court. The cases will drag for so long till he reach the age of retirement when he will be compulsorily retired.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by omonaijiria: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
AnanseK:

You must be from that part of the country where criminals are applauded.

Gbenu e soun.

Criminal ko

Cabal ni.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Kpete: 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2019
My surprise in all this CJN saga is that, the man trying him (Danladi Umar) has a case with the EFCC. I don't understand.
Secondly, you accused a man of violating the law, you criminalized a civil case, you misinterpret the law, and turn around to appeal that the one you have accused should resign and his case criminal case as you so supposed will be over. He will receive his retirement benefits and all of that. What then is corruption? Are you not corrupt? Giving soft landing to a supposed corrupt person according to you.
The accused is saying, let's go to court, you are now talking of alternative ways.
Prosecute Umar too.
Mr jailor, I am not a criminal, if am a criminal, your criminal tooo.
Who knows that song. Sing it on please

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by batstan(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
enemyofprogress:
OK now, let's go there

U R G E N T

Do you know any GRADUATE with 1st Class, 2.1 or 2.2 in any of the following fields:
Geography,
Geology,
Geophysics,
Physics,
Medicine,
Health Sciences,
Computer science,
Tailoring Technology,
Engineering Sciences,
Agriculture Sciences,
Geography Education,
Law,
Mass Communication,
Political Science,
Sociology,
History or any other Arts course?

*Can they speak English fluently?
*Can they write well?
*Are they willing to relocate to Canada?
*Do they have computer skills?

Alright. Please, greet them for me...it's not easy!!!..

Good afternoon friends
Yet you are an enemy of progress?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by omonaijiria: 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
seunmsg:
Onnoghen should resign and stop wasting his time. I can bet he’s holding on just to see if PDP will win the presidential election. Atiku must have assured him that he will drop the charges and restore him back to office if he’s elected. Sadly for him, Atiku won’t be elected president and he cannot clear himself. Before the CCT trial is concluded, EFCC will file another case of money laundering and abuse of office against him at the federal high court. The cases will drag for so long till he reach the age of retirement when he will be compulsorily retired.

Why are you disturbing yourself naaa.

Why crying more than the bereaved

Go ahead and file your charges.

Oro radarada

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Elin: 2:03pm On Feb 03, 2019
grin grin grin Omo Alaye WickeDesT

Omololu001:
where did you hear it from? grin
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Neoteny(m): 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2019
ignant:
The FG is trying to use the technique of gaslighting to beat Onnoghen into acceptance.

The FG had ordered the disinformation against Onnoghen on the pages of the internet and social media, so as to convince YOU to convict Onnoghen in YOUR minds.

They claimed Onnoghen had sent his lawyers including Wole Olanipekun to meet Abba Kyari to seek a landing spot for him but Wole has denied that, claiming he has never met Kyari. https://punchng.com/onnoghen-i-wasnt-part-of-abba-kyari-meeting-olanipekun/

The foundation of the government's case is based on defective evidence because it acts on claims illegally gotten and there is also the possibility of a blowback, so they are trying to harass him into a plea bargain, which he has obviously rejected for a trial.

They want the CJN to plead guilty without him having his day in court. Ask yourself; Why? Then maybe, just maybe, you will begin to recognize the footsteps of their criminal conspiracy.

That's not how gaslighting works.

It's gaslighting if the ex-CJN is being psychologically manipulated to be convinced of his own guilt by questioning his memory, perception and sanity.

What you're suggesting is a form of enforced confirmation bias.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Elin: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
grin grin grin

It's already Clear that Baba hand is not clean in this case!
Why Offering my guy a honourable resignation deal, if they are Upright in doings?

undecided undecided undecided

Like my Dad would say, he who eats with the devil should eat with a long spoon! grin
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Kpete: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2019
seunmsg:
If you understand the law, you won't post some of this things you've posted.
Example, the law prohibits public officers from having foreign accounts outside the country and did not prohibits public officers from having a domiciliary account here in Nigeria.
Hence, 91.9% of our superior public office holders have domiciliary accounts.
For other things you may need to know about this matter, contact an unbaised legal mind.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by ozodigboo(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
I'm not saying that the FG blackmail is right.
But you can't fight the dirty FG and win.
Most of you hailing Onoghen are just doing so because of election.
Are you even thinking of him as a father, or a human being ?
He's been offered a deal.
By the time he's brought to court in handcuffs like former IG Musiliu Smith, his career will be over.
Dem go seize him money still jail am.
Even if he's buying time to see if Atiku wins, its neither here nor there. Nobody's sure.
Even if Atiku wins, he will take over by june 12....its still far.
By then he would be thoroughly disgraced

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by seunmsg(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2019
omonaijiria:

Why are you disturbing yourself naaa.

Why crying more than the bereaved

Go ahead and file your charges.

Oro radarada

Why are you so angry?

I’m entitled to my opinion. If you are not happy about what I wrote, just ignore instead of responding with trash.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Blazebond(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
Good move by the cjn,no need to cut corners,lets have a fair hearing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by fredoooooo: 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
grin grin

I'm loving this
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by enemyofprogress: 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
He is fighting a lost battle
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by SirBunky85(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
ignant:
The FG is trying to use the technique of gaslighting to beat Onnoghen into acceptance.

The FG had ordered the disinformation against Onnoghen on the pages of the internet and social media, so as to convince YOU to convict Onnoghen in YOUR minds.

They claimed Onnoghen had sent his lawyers including Wole Olanipekun to meet Abba Kyari to seek a landing spot for him but Wole has denied that, claiming he has never met Kyari. https://punchng.com/onnoghen-i-wasnt-part-of-abba-kyari-meeting-olanipekun/

The foundation of the government's case is based on defective evidence because it acts on claims illegally gotten and there is also the possibility of a blowback, so they are trying to harass him into a plea bargain, which he has obviously rejected for a trial.

They want the CJN to plead guilty without him having his day in court. Ask yourself; Why? Then maybe, just maybe, you will begin to recognize the footsteps of their criminal conspiracy.
nonsense.why has onnoghen and his team of rogue sans refuse appearing to defend himself in court? why shopping for unnecessary injunctions against the cct if onnoghen has nothing to hide?those urging him not to consider d fg's kind heartedness will finally disgrace him.same pple urged him never to appear in court wch led to his suspension in d first place
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Foolishbuhari: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Since 1999 which of 5% people did not belong to PDP. We cannot wait for him to do the damage before we show him way out.

By this your reply, I just confirmed you are a kid with a smart phone.

You laid accusations against a man, removed him illegally, dragged his hard earned name and reputation in the mud, then called him to the side to offer him amnesty amd soft landing?

If I repeat IF he is found guilty by an unbiased tribunal then let him face the music. Meanwhile Umar danladi must quit his right to try Onnoghen. You can't accuse a man of corruption, whip up a kangaroo exparte order against him when you also have a case of corruption against you!

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Kclique: 2:14pm On Feb 03, 2019
Daviddson:
Really? This man should save himself the trouble and peacefully resign. I know it's not easy to give up ₦1bn, but take heart. IGNORED The monies have been put under temporary seizures.

Your foolish Federal government specializes in media trial and condemnation.
Corruption fight, my ass.
The legal process, please.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by eodavids(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
Racoon:
Let the alleged corruption exposure continues.If the CJN is guilty, then let the law takes its course but if otherwise, then he have proved a point.

Let him that comes to equity comes with clean hand.Clear conscience fears no accusation.

My Question:

Isn't it a corrupt practice to give a back door for an accused to exit through

But last time I checked, Buhari's APC-led federal government was said to be fighting corruption.

Nigera self angry

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by mrkia(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2019
See this THEIFCJN and his cohorts ooo. They are trying to pervert the fact that they are the one trying to seek for soft landing for the THEIFCJN.

All these crook tales Won't help the PDP. We know you ppl are already in severe pain. One by one we are going to get rid of the mess in Nigeria in general.

God bless PMB
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by eodavids(m): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2019
seunmsg:

You can make a better comment than these. I assure you.
But, next time be patriotic, not political.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by figment232(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
Daviddson:
Really? This man should save himself the trouble and peacefully resign. I know it's not easy to give up ₦1bn, but take heart. IGNORED The monies have been put under temporary seizures.
it has not
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by eodavids(m): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2019
ignant:

You have made the whole sense.

Your comment sums up the matter. Let those who have sense take note of your comment

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Mitchewww(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2019
Good One CJN...

When Illiterates think they know the laws More than you.

Its a pity Zombies don't know you committed no crime.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by figment232(m): 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
eyeview:
I understand they have been begging the guy to peacefully resign so that all charges will be dropped, his assets released and the trial discontinued but the man has refused. He wants the case to go thru the legal process.
and besides he doesn't trust this APC govt.There are too many fraudsters in this BUHARI govt.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Mitchewww(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
ozodigboo:
By the time he's brought to court in handcuffs like former IG Musiliu Smith, his career will be over.
Even if he's buying time to see if Atiku wins, its neither here nor there. Nobody's sure.

Use ur sense.

The deals are too Juicy for the allegations to be true.

The cabals played their care a little too soon.

And am sure Buhari is still not aware.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by figment232(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
As against what many people think, the Presidency respect the position of this man as a once Chief Justice of Nigeria and it's in the interest of the federal government to uphold the rule of law.

The deal being made is to have Onnoghen retire honorably and not shamefully. Hope he's smart not to fight this because he'd lose and retire shamefully.
He is smarter that what zombies and this govt think.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Seetto: 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2019
franchasng:
Buhari's government can create a bank account, plant money in it and label it your own bank account and money just to indict you and destroy you politically.

Didn't they plant millions of $$ in Judges houses and used EFCC to raid their homes and claimed they found millions in their homes

Buhari and his cabal are very terrible people, Nigerians must offload them come 16 February to save Nigeria from impending disasters cry

Eya , I felt for you, so onnoghen that claims ownership of the assets is suffering from amnesia, your own tire me ooo.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by ChimaAgbalajob: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2019
cjrane:
Onnoghen is innocent of the trumped up charges by Buhari in desperation to install his own puppet Chief Justice of Nigeria.

I am glad that Onnoghen has decided to allow the laws of Nigeria take its course instead of the usual Buhari way of harassing people, then tell them in secret that if they give up their office, he would stop harassing them.

Onnoghen is a fearless man. I am happy he opted for the courts to examine the truths in this case. Buhari's dictatorship hiding under the guise of fake integrity is gradually being exposed for Nigerians to see for themselves.

Buhari is a scam. He is desperate to install a puppet CJN before the elections. He will do everything in his power to prevent due process and make sure the case does not go to the court.

Buhari is a legendary scam!

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Kennydoc(m): 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
As against what many people think, the Presidency respect the position of this man as a once Chief Justice of Nigeria and it's in the interest of the federal government to uphold the rule of law.

The deal being made is to have Onnoghen retire honorably and not shamefully. Hope he's smart not to fight this because he'd lose and retire shamefully.

He's the most senior legal professional in Nigeria. He knows the implications of his decisions more than you do. Just sit still, relax and let the movie play on.
Wasn't Saraki condemned by all and sundry when he was going through his CCT case? What happened at the end?
One thing I am sure of is that even if Onnoghen will go down, he won't go down alone. Just watch it play out.
Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by figment232(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
fasmukol:
It's like this man is thinking looters Messiah (a.k.a Atiku) will win come February 16 so that he may become hero of democracy (as PDP used to call all their hardened criminals once they have issue with Baba)

Let's wait and see.
on the contrary buhari is afraid of being ridiculed.onnoghen wud not resign just like that.Let the trial begin.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Political Solution Collapses As Suspended CJN Insists On Full Trial by Sermwell(m): 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
ozodigboo:
musliu smith??
please get your facts right! I'm sure you mean former IG Tafa balogun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' / True Ethnic Origins Of Nigeria’s Past Presidents And Heads Of State / Armed Thugs In ‘Government Vehicles’ Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Abuja - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.