Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' (52706 Views)

Akeredolu: Murderous Herdsmen Are Desperately Trying To Overrun Our State / Obiano: We Will Never Succumb To Invaders, Leave Our State / Sagay: It’s Insulting For United States To Give Conditions On Abacha's Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ganisucks(f): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
APC Youth Leader Dayo Israel:

“I think it is insulting for you to come into Lagos by night bus, back of trucks or even plane, leverage on our enabling environment, grow in Lagos and then abuse our state, despite coming in droves, putting pressure on our social services” - #rubbinminds Debate #jagabanarmy

https://twitter.com/dayoisrael/status/1627668139730141185?cxt=HHwWgoCwjZTj0ZYtAAAA

This is what the APC youth leader, Dayo Israel, said at a public youth debate.

90 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by alsudan: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2023
Another reason Thiefnubuu will never be President.

Calling Nigerians immigrants in their own country.

The Gbagi/Gwari are the Indigenes of the most developed place in Nigeria, but you never see them insulting other tribes or calling them immigrants who need to be grateful.

1098 Likes 112 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ganisucks(f): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2023
Everything that has a beginning has an end. That is the golden rule of nature.

235 Likes 26 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Massiveglory: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
Once you carry emilokan on the head, you lose focus, your brain departs instantaneously .
If you check properly, this little boi will be a migrant just like his principal.

Just calm down. Your loss and tears will be televised.

Sending this destructive ancestor down to irapaji permanently is a patrotic call to all Nigerians.
He has never believed in Nigeria, so will never ever accened the throne of Nigeria.

550 Likes 48 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Ireportlive: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
cool

Peter Obi sacked Non Anambra Indegene from Anambra State Civil Service , retrenching workers from Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

When asked to speak on the policy, he stated it clearly that Federal Allocations were low and Anambra State money was solely for Anambra State indegenes

Ironically the same man that said Anambra State allocation were low, deposited over 75 billion naira in Access/Diamond Fidelity bank making 20% intrest for the banks he had share

Jagaban
Right now go to Alausa Secetariat, Igbo men and women who got recruited under Bola Ahmed Tinubu are now Senior Level Officers, Directors and Permanent Secretary.... Not a single Yoruba man works with Anambra Civil Service

409 Likes 68 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Penguin2: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2023
That’s their mentality….

Their prayer right now is for Tinubu to win so that they can confiscate Igbo properties in Lagos and send us back to the east or buy back our properties by paying billions of naira to them.

But God cannot be mocked!

178 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by chatinent: 2:08pm On Feb 21, 2023
Agberocracy is not a type of government.

Every tribe lives everywhere but because of politics, you've become an idiot to tribalism.

Even if politics has caused many people to have their vision impaired and mindset politically disorganized, I'm willing to help you out for free. If you consider the Awori or Bini to be the indigenous community that once owned Eko, the land that is now Lagos State, or that they met the Yoruba people there when they came, then you should refer to them as Bini/Awori or both since they were the first settlers. It is of the utmost importance that we comprehend the past within its appropriate setting.

On the other hand, one may posit that the Yorubas are the rightful owners of Eko. No arguments. But why does it matter to politicians?

The government of Nigeria made the decision in December 1991 to relocate the nation's capital to Abuja, which is located in the middle of the country. Prior to that time, Lagos served as the nation's capital. Lagos was already established as the capital of Nigeria. What is more, it was referred to as Lagos, British Nigeria. Let's not pretend it wasn't very developed. It was even during colonial era because it was a good spot for colonial masters to perfect their exploitation.

And would you believe it? Many decades before Tinubu began his political career, members of the Igbo tribe and people from other tribes had already established a presence in Lagos. Even before and after the war!

Does this mean people from other tribes don't stay in the East?

Well, the last time I checked, there are significantly more Hausa and Yoruba people in Aba, for example, than there are the Igbo. If you doubt, visit the main markets in the East. In point of fact, there is a location there referred to as "Mosque" that is set aside specifically for them. There's another place called "Ala Hausa." And there is no interference with them as they go about their job. And not just these places, they live amongst indigenes. Do a survey: the Hausas in the East are allowed to go even to the deepest part in the villages... I mean, the cobblers. And they are never disturbed. In addition to this, they have been able to form friendships and even intermarry with the locals. If you also know the thousands of way-billed commodities leaving the east every day from people from other tribes who patronise what is sold in the East, you'll calm down like me. And I also know this happens also in every state!

You must be surprised!

In the markets too, there are innumerable Yorubas in big Igbo markets like the Ariaria, Ngwa Road Market, Main Markets among others. As they are Igbos in Yoruba lands and every other places in Nigeria. These Yorubas blend in easily and are never seen as immigrants.

In my house, there's a Yoruba man and a Hausa man here, and they are one of the lovely people I've seen. Remove tribal politics and you'll understand that the main people who should be hated are the politicians. Whether you call anyone Nyamiri, or Ndi Ofe Mmanu, or Aboki(mostly in derogatory sense) it is very stupid to think you are superior to others. No apologies.

In Togo, for instance, the Igbo population predominates in the country's two largest markets, Asiyeye and Asiganmi. This is one example of the Igbo migration. The situation is similar in Wurukum, which is located in Benue.

In Biu in Borno State, before the insurgency, their market woman liaise well with the Igbos and good women from other tribes.

In Alaba International Market, Lagos, it's the same thing. Is bringing business and revenues for the state a bad thing? Rather than concentrate on the business mind, you caption it that they come in “night buses“ and then “insult the owners.“ Why all these political hate for a tribe? What does night buses denote? Poverty? Even you and I know that the Igbo tribe isn't a poor one.

How and why?

I grew up with the Hausas and if I were to choose a more peaceful people, I'll choose them. I also stayed in Lagos and a typical Yoruba man really has no problems. Forget political business, the yorubas give you a free vibe and belonging. I did my whole nursery, primary and secondary school there so I can tell you for free that they are lovely people. I stayed in the East too. I think the major thing an Igbo man concentrates on is to feed his family. As in, everyone is concentrating to survive and survive others. Even as a stranger, you are carried along on happenings in the East. 😎 In Esan, Edo, it's just a struggle to not be poor. 💯 In Benue, the market at NASME junction, North Bank, is dominated by Igbos, yorubas and Hausas and they cooperate in one mind. If one doesn't have, he directs you to his neighbours from other tribes... that's beautiful. Apart from the Tiv and Idoma differences, they still live peacefully. Even in cultism-dominated areas in North Bank, you can still survive as much as you mind your business. 😮‍💨 In Kaduna, everyone lives their lives without prejudice. Na only government I see wey dey cause tribal and religious differences.😒 In Kogi, the lovely people I so admire, esp the Ebira people, like who get your time when everyone wants to survive? 🥱 How about the Akwa Ibomites? They are very comely to strangers, and they have very beautiful ladies.🙂 In Bayelsa, dem go wan use food kee you. I mean very fresh food. I love the Bayelsa people jare. 😘 I've stayed only in Abeokuta and Ibadan and I can tell you that intelligent people lives and are made there. Apart from that, young people are quick to make friends with you. No 🧢.

Then how come politicians make it as though we are enemies?

Do we genuinely despise one another? A laughable falsehood. In fact, I tell you today that we love one another but because of the political pride created by our leaders, we refuse to accept it. I can't let any politician recruit me to hate a tribe...I rather hate the recruiter.

There are Nigerians living in every country in the world! And in certain locations, they can point to communities to their name. Migration is ingrained in the human psyche and behavior!

In the UK, yeah, everyone knows about the racism there. We complain a lot about it. But the new normal in Africa is that we are also horrible racists. In our tribes, I mean our main tribes, we also exclude some clans as inferior or outcasts...maybe due to our numbers. Even if Nigeria is divided, you'll notice that each tribe will still create internal tribalism amongst themselves. That's how bad your leaders are.

Back to discussion, of all the tribes littered everywhere, why are the Igbos the only people you feel are immigrants to Lagos? Isn't it constituted that everyone can live anywhere? Are the Igbos the only tribe in Lagos?

You aren't politically learned then!

Is it because there's an Igbo man in the political race? Is this why the Igbo tribe are always in your mouths? Is Tinubu from Lagos himself? Tinubu is from Iragbiji in Osun state...and instead of hating people stealing from you, you hate people they program you to hate.

I've always maintained that whatever anybody does, blame the person not the place.

Politically-wise and otherwise, if you cannot reason out the bloodline of political sentiments by politicians using you as a pawn, you will remain a pawn to every political narrative.

Back to Lagos, like I always say, if the money that has been stolen in Lagos was stolen in America. Americans would be refugees in Nigeria. And this isn't just about Lagos, it's about our politicians. If the monies that have been stolen in all states in Nigeria were shared to all Nigerians equally, everyone would be a trillionaire...I mean, even if you have to reincarnate five times.

From what I see on Nairaland, ditch the presidential aspirants, na most Nigerians foolish abeg. The muscle una dey use dey fight unaselves is a thing of fancy. You dey support who know even know if you are among the living or dead and want to kill over it. You are a fool. Yes, you.

The three main contestants are all failures yet some are killing themselves over them. Some are dead already and more will still die. Same politicians who'd still meet and eat together after the elections. They call it politics and not physical war; but na your skull dey roll.

We preach loving one's neighbour on every religious day but never practice it. It seems our Bibles and Qurans are only for Sunday mornings and Fridays...while our evil remains intact. No apologies.

It's very right for me to conclude and say common sense is not very common in the common man.

Idiocy per excellence.

367 Likes 48 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Penguin2: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ireportlive:
Peter Obi sacked Non Anambra Indegene from Anambra State Civil Service

He also sacked Anambra people same period.

It was about competence, not where they are from.

When are you guys going to have sense?

375 Likes 38 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Millimann: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2023
So they should support you and vote a thieving druglord?

You are talking to people that are your landlords while you are their tenant in that same Lagos. Thunder fire that Dayo and his stinking mouth!

202 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by inoki247: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
Penguin2:
That’s their mentality….

Their prayer right now is for Tinubu to win so that they can confiscate Igbo properties in Lagos and send us back to the east or buy back our properties by paying billions of naira to them.

But God cannot be mocked!

LoL you guys just choose to be daft or what do State Govt needs FG before they can confiscate people's property who they issue out C of O....

You think if Lagos state wants to seize your properties they need the FG backing you people just dey display daftness on a first class level ...

Nobody is confiscating anybody's property so you people should find another propaganda....

92 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Nbote(m): 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
The audacity some of this ediots have is becoming embarrassing and annoying. Is lagos his hometown? Was lagos not a former Federal Capital?? The people that came to Lagos are they not paying their taxes and the various revenues by the govt? Are they staying in free accommodation and eating free govt money and positions??
Diligent1:
Go to Abuja and tell the abokis there that Abuja is a no man's land because is the capitol of Nigeria, your life will not remain the same.

Even the Gbagyi's wey b original indigenes of Abuja have been relegated to tenants in their own land that's why those who don't know like you believe hausas or abokis own abuja

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Nice2023(m): 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2023
Hmm!

These people are setting up themselves.

I have never seen a tribe that is so tribalistic like these people. They way and manner they trade their tribalism publicly is shaming and unbelievable.

What a people.

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Zincfingers: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2023
God bless Dayo.
No truer words have been spoken .

Dayo has spoken the mind of majority of our people. Your irritating and uncivilised ass will no longer be tolerated going forward.
It's funny a people whose enclave is the least cosmopolitan and inclusive are the first to gaslight by screaming 'tribalism'.

There are more Ibos in the SW than there are Yorubas in the SE . Also, there are more Ibos in the North than there are Hausa/Fulani in the SE.
That should tell any discerning mind how tribalistic and discriminating the Ibos are .

I'm almost 30 years and I personally do not know any Yoruba living in the South East.
I know a lot working in PH and the North .

The relationship between Ibo and Yoruba is that of parasitism . Your land offers us nothing yet you ungrateful leeches still come to our land in the name of one Nigeria to desecrate our land.

How many Yoruba criminals have been arrested in the south east and how many Ibo criminals are arrested in the SW on a daily basis??

All these things must be examined dispassionately. Unfortunately, people like Tinubu who incidentally is Dayo's principal allowed those ungrateful people a space.
Was Tinubu too dumb to have ignored the warning of people like Ahmadu Bello the late Sarduana of Sokoto? Didn't Sarduana tell who ever cared to listen that the Ibos should not be allowed an inch?
Today, no group hates Tinubu as much as those ungrateful leeches.

The good news is everything ends after this election.

PS: This Dayo needs to be followed up. He seems like a courageous dude .
I wish him well for the future

78 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by amuwo1980: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2023
ganisucks:

https://twitter.com/dayoisrael/status/1627668139730141185?cxt=HHwWgoCwjZTj0ZYtAAAA

This is what the APC youth leader, Dayo Israel, said at a public youth debate.

Can u imagine ? What will they do when they get to aso rock? This is a call to arms

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by ClearFlair: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2023
Sounds like something an illiterate would say. Having these type of people close to power is very dangerous for Nigeria

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Ireportlive: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
Penguin2:

He also sacked Anambra people same period.

It was about competence, not where they are from.

When are you guys going to have sense?

Are you without shame.... Defending a policy that is available for all to read online with stupid excuse of competency?!

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by KanwuliaExtra: 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
He may have a point.
I listened to the debate and was quite embarassed for those complaining about Lagos being a slum.
Did anyone force you to move to Lagos?
Why can't the immigrants stay in their home states and build instead of complaining?

I can't live ANYWHERE in Nigeria. do I japa'd over 30 years ago and loving it. cool

If I were to return to Nigeria(extremely unlikely). . . Lagos is NOT an option to live.

My point. . . ? DON'T COMPLAIN IF YOU ARE A 'RESIDENT GUEST' or a 'GUEST RESIDENT'.

I am very thankful to be in 'the abroad'. . . .I will only complain when my civil rights are being violated. I have never been victimized socio-economically. Infact I have benefited overwhelmingly from my generous and gracious host country. They made my life what it is today. . . NOT NIGERIA! I am forever grateful. kiss

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by limeta(f): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2023
Do Lagos collect monthly allocation from the federal government from the niger delta oil money?
If yes then Lagos belongs to every Nigerian .
Can we also say the yorubas in Abuja and every where out side yoruba land are ungrateful people ,

Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria.

Vote Peter Obi for better Nigeria

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by shidaa: 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2023
If men were God. Nawa ooh

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Ckonnet: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2023
Idiots like this one ridicules the yoruba race and pitching them against others.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by SensetionalGoal(m): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2023
cool

Tinubu will never smell Aso Rock...

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Penguin2: 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
inoki247:

LoL you guys just choose to be daft or what do State Govt needs FG before they can confiscate people's property who they issue out C of O....

You think if Lagos state wants to seize your properties they need the FG backing you people just dey display daftness on a first class level ...

Nobody is confiscating anybody's property so you people should find another propaganda....

Lagos State Government would have done that but they are scared of the backlash it will generate and that such move might hurt the ambition of Tinubu in a time like this.

But everything changes when Tinubu has gotten the presidency and there’s no consequences for whatever his stooge does in Lagos.

I’ve always said it that you guys lack foresight. You barely see beyond your noses🤦

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Christistruth00: 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

Peter Obi sacked Non Anambra Indegene from Anambra State Civil Service , retrenching workers from Imo, Enugu and Ebonyi

When asked to speak on the policy, he stated it clearly that Federal Allocations were low and Anambra State money was solely for Anambra State indegenes

Ironically the same man that said Anambra State allocation were low, deposited over 75 billion naira in Access/Diamond Fidelity bank making 20% intrest for the banks he had share

Peter Obi divided Anambra People into Catholics,Anglican and Pentecostals

With the Catholics being the favoured master race of the Anambra's Civil Service

How Enugu Ebonyi Imo Abia People go take enter?

46 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Dotherightthing: 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2023
Shut up! angry

Piggiiddioootts amaka cheesy

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Jokerman(m): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2023
He's an idiot.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Penguin2: 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2023
Ireportlive:

Are you without shame.... Defending a policy that is available for all to read online with stupid excuse of competency?!

I’ve not seen you invest this same energy in criticizing Elrufai for sacking thousands of teachers after conducting a competency test.

Or how is that different from what Obi did?🤔

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Ofunaofu: 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2023
Dayo is actually referring to everyone who is not a lagos State indigene including Tinubu, cos the last time I checked Tinubu is not from lagos State

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'It's Insulting To Come To Lagos By Night Bus, Grow Here, Then Abuse Our State' by Cantonese: 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2023
Thankfully he used the word "immigrants". Immigrants refer to people who are either not natives or born in particular cities or countries.

You may be from Ijebu Ode and you relocate to Ibadan for particular reasons. You may be from Abeokuta and relocate to Lagos. Nigerians have moved from different states and villages to settle down in areas that suit them most. That's enshrined in our constitution.

Unfortunately some well organized mumus claim that Lagos belongs to them, when originally their forefathers migrated to Lagos, just like people of other tribes. The same set of people queue up daily at the embassies of foreign countries in search of visas and possibly to get themselves citizenships of other countries. Just last weekend Ayo Arise mentioned that he had lived in America for over 40 years. People like him hypocritically should that migrants have flooded Lagos, while they forget that they reside in other countries, well developed by the efforts of everyone put together in those countries.

A simple search of those who claim Lagos as theirs would show that their forefathers relocated from their villages to Lagos, where they worked and lived permanently.

The Muntula, Dayo Israel, clearly refers to a particular section of citizens in this country. Cowardice will never allow him stop some other who arrive daily to Lagos trailers filled with cows and motorcycles.

Once again, Lagos, just as other parts of the country belong to all by law, as long as they are Nigerians.

38 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / Kogi Supplementary Election Results / Governor Yahaya Bello's Accident Scene In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.