Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company (1316 Views)

Jonathan Government Used Bullion Vans To Move N67.2bn From CBN (Throwback] / Buhari Leading A Protest During Goodluck Jonathan's Government (Throwback Photo) / Lockdown: Canadian Government Gave Us N626k Each, I'm Not Coming Home - Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Biodun556(m): 10:36pm On Feb 03, 2019
The minister of power, works and housing explain stock discos were given licence for life

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by overall90: 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
I was enjoying the write up until I came across vote PMB and I now realized what the motive is all about.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Chuks9000: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
Very stupid write up.
How can you say a "renewable" contract is perpetual?
If Fashola really said what is reported here, then he is a "mumu".
Sold the companies to their girlfriends? Na your papa Jona for sell am to before?
We can't fall for these insults and misinformation anymore. Shameless politicians.
Ps: Nnaji was sacked because of the role he played when his company participated in the bids (privatisation) thereby resulting in conflict of interest.
Listen to APC lies at your own peril

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by tempest01(m): 11:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
Even if there is irrevocable clause in the contract, can't the power minister draft a clause to mandate the use of periodic meter?

This will ensure the power companies deliver to get paid.
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Jlow2: 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
I prefer darkness in my house than voting buhari again, I can't slip at same place twice, we re 68 registered voters in my entire family and we re voting atiku/obi, go and tell dat to his gullible blood thirsty animals from Niger Republic dat came for his campaign in kano

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Sirjamo: 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2019
Chuks9000:
Very stupid write up.
Sold the companies to their girlfriends? Na your papa Jona for sell am to before?
We can't fall for these insults and misinformation anymore. Shameless politicians.
If the people your lord and savior sold our discos to are competent, how come they couldn't provide ordinary prepaid metres to their consumers?

PDP is the worst mistake that has ever happened to Nigeria since the civil war

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by chozzy: 11:48pm On Feb 03, 2019
Only thing this govt knows how to do is blame, blame and blame
every other persons for their own failures

Tufiakwa!!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
To think that I once believed so much in Fashola makes me wanna throw up.

Imagine this fool said provision of power is not rocket science, that any serious government will fix our electricity problem in 6 months.

3 years down the line, Fashola is here blaming everyone and everything else but himself.

On another note, I think it's true the DISCOs are people without history of power distribution. They shouldn't have been given licences.

But EEDC hasn't been bad though.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by fyneguy: 12:01am On Feb 04, 2019
Chuks9000:
Very stupid write up.

You are an illiterate.

Irrevocable means you can not take the licences from them till they need to renew. That means we are stuck for 5 Years, which will be reviewed later this year.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by fyneguy: 12:01am On Feb 04, 2019
Awol1:
To think that I once believed so much in Fashola makes me wanna throw up.

Imagine this fool said provision of power is not rocket science, that any serious government will fix our electricity problem in 6 months.

3 years down the line, Fashola is here blaming everyone and everything else but himself.

On another note, I think it's true the DISCOs are people without history of power distribution. They shouldn't have been given licences.

But EEDC hasn't been bad though.

Oga, do you have comprehension issues?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Afamed: 12:07am On Feb 04, 2019
Chuks9000:
Very stupid write up.
Read but slowly this time around. Biafra warlord

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by donttouchme: 2:24am On Feb 04, 2019
EEDC contract expired in oct 2018. Ministry of power extended their contract by one year. The article is very misleading.
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by alezzy13: 3:48am On Feb 04, 2019
donttouchme:
EEDC contract expired in oct 2018. Ministry of power extended their contract by one year. The article is very misleading.

Stop telling lies. All of their contracts (exception of Kaduna disco) are due for review this year. Dec 31st to be precise. None has been renewed yet.

It was BEDC that was being contemplated for premature review last year because of very, VERY poor performance, but BPE later denied such.

Whether we like this govt or not, Fashola is spot on here. Once you begin to dishonour contracts, it's sends a very bad message to future investors. Let's not forget this is a highly capital intensive sector that will require significant investment.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:59am On Feb 04, 2019
Sirjamo:
If the people your lord and savior sold our discos to are competent, how come they couldn't provide ordinary prepaid metres to their consumers?

If you believe this then, I give up on some of you
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by DesChyko: 4:24am On Feb 04, 2019
Why renew something that is permanent?
Before now it is 4Mw
This one don come with 'from below 3Mw to 7Mw' again despite constant denials by the DISCOs and TCOs that it is 4Mw.
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Chuks9000: 6:08am On Feb 04, 2019
Sirjamo:

The beauty of our situation is that APC will win in the coming election and after four years, you will then realise that APC, PDP isn't the real issue but we the masses.
Can you imagine a situation where you go to the market to buy food stuff, hand the items to your wife/girl to prepare a meal and you are still required to pay before eating such a meal? That is what the politicians are doing to us.
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Chuks9000: 6:22am On Feb 04, 2019
fyneguy:

You are an illiterate.

Irrevocable means you can not take the licences from them till they need to renew. That means we are stuck for 5 Years, which will be reviewed later this year.
Thank you prof.
I no go school but the op quickly changed, on his topic, the word perpetual to irrevocable.
The then minister for power was sacked not because of the reason attributed to BRF but because he was accused of allowing his company to make a bid in the privatisation, thereby becoming a conflict of interest.
When you bad mouth another man just to sell yourself, it shows emptiness of character and intellect.
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by MrAJQ(m): 6:29am On Feb 04, 2019
PDP apologists will still not believe. They will say it campaign propaganda
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Chuks9000: 6:32am On Feb 04, 2019
Afamed:

Read but slowly this time around. Biafra warlord
You cannot change the word perpetual to irrevocable (on the topic) and turn around to bash comments/reactions made on the word perpetual.
You carry an eastern name but behave like chameleon (attributes of a certain people).
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by bbxxxxxx: 6:34am On Feb 04, 2019
So GEJ stopped you from issuing new license to genuine investors if you can't revoke the ones for the current discos?
Re: Jonathan Government Gave Irrevocable Licence To Electricity Distribution Company by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 04, 2019
fyneguy:

You are an illiterate.

So which business deal allows you take a license from your partner before time for renewal?

Business na financial waste bin?

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is A Very Useless Idiot. / Listen - Leaked Tape Of Governor Wike Threatening To Kill An INEC Staff / APC Rejects Tribunal Ruling On Osun Election, Heads To Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.