Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku (1386 Views)

$2.1 Arms Scam: Your Utterances Are Unprofessional – Ex-Minister Tells Sagay / President Jonathan, IBB & Atiku Begs Obasanjo! / Jonathan Warns Ibb, Atiku Over Inciting Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by paddylo1(m): 1:02am On Aug 20, 2010
[size=14pt]S/South, S/East agree on Jonathan •Forget 2011, support Jonathan, minister tells presidential aspirants[/size]

Friday, 20 August 2010

ELDERS and leaders of the South-East and the South-South geopolitical zones rose from a meeting in Abuja, on Thursday, with a resolve to work together for the election of President Goodluck Jonathan in next year's general election.

They argued that the support for the president became necessary because of the common issues that bound the zones together.

The groups said that they wanted to “give attention more to the issues that unite the people of the South-East and South-South geopolitical zones, who live contiguously than the issues that divide us because there is no ocean without debris.”

The meeting, which took place in the residence of elder statesman, Chief Edwin Clark, at Asokoro, Abuja, under the aegis, “South-South Elders and Leaders Forum and Representatives of the South-East,”came up with a communique in which the participants outlined their position.

In the communiqué, they resolved to “continue consultations at a wider forum to address, on a sustainable basis, issues of common interest to both geopolitical zones.

“Continue to work together to seek the support and endorsement of the entire South-East zone for the actualisation of President Goodluck Jonathan, GCFR, in the 2011 elections.

“Hold a meeting of the elders and leaders of the South-South and South-East geopolitical zones at a no distant date in the South-East, to discuss core issues such as marginalisation, loss of jobs, creation of states and the 2015 presidency.”

Among the participants at the meeting were former Minister of Education, Mrs Chinwe Obaje; ex-Military Administrator of Akwa Ibom State, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga; former Minister of Health, Professor I. C. Madubuike; Mr Francis Orji; Dr Osita Ngwu; Senator Chris Ukpabi; Chief Richard Lamai; Professor B.I.C. Ijomah; Brigadier-General S.E. Oviawe; Chief Ayakeme Whiskey; Chief Willy Okeke and former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

[size=14pt]Meanwhile, ahead of the 2011 general election, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed, has advised other presidential aspirants to drop their ambition and support President Jonathan to continue in office.[/size]

The minister said instead of the current upsurge in the number of presidential hopefuls across the country, there was the need for the aspirants to bury their differences, come together under one umbrella and form a formidable front to woo President Jonathan to declare his intention to run.

Mohammed, speaking at “Goodluck Nigeria” national summit, which was held in Abuja, said electing Jonathan as president in 2011 would ensure continuity, stability, growth and economic development of the country.

He said the commitment so far exhibited by the president, as well as the love and respect he had shown to all sections of the country, was enough to earn him the Yar’Adua/Goodluck continuity ticket in 2011.

He recalled that Jonathan had a wonderful relationship with the late President Umaru Yar’Adua and had, so far, shown utmost commitment to continue the good work started by the late president.

Insisting that the summit was a manifestation of genuine support by ordinary Nigerians to call on the president to contest, the minister described the ascension to power of Jonathan as divine and a fact that should be respected by all God-fearing people.

Earlier, the national coordinator of Goodluck Support Group, Alhaji Ahmed Ali Gulak, had disclosed that there were 1,027 support groups across the nation that were currently calling on the president to contest the 2011 election.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/9985-ssouth-seast-agree-on-jonathan-forget-2011-support-jonathan-minister-tells-presidential-aspirants
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by Beaf: 1:15am On Aug 20, 2010
Meanwhile, ahead of the 2011 general election, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Senator Bala Mohammed, has advised other presidential aspirants to drop their ambition and support President Jonathan to continue in office.

I bet the two old cargoes, IBB and Atiku are too desperate to listen to good advice. Atiku will soon run out of options anyway and Northern youth seem to be rising up against IBB.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by Ofemmanu: 1:59am On Aug 20, 2010
Another set of GEJ's camp talking nonsense!!

The truth remains that Jonathan will not win in the South East. Imagine, People who are not even known in their respective wards speaking on behalf of Ndigbo.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by sjeezy8: 3:05am On Aug 20, 2010
I think the SS should not decieve the SE- igbo people hate being lied to or "gassed".
you see how they call us backstabbers LOL.

ALL jokes aside tho I believe that Jonathan will do good or atleast average, for everyone.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by sjeezy8: 3:07am On Aug 20, 2010
1)But I definately believe that he is going to handover the PDP ticket to a northerner because thats the sole reason of why hes getting an ounce of support in the middle belt and some core north states, of course hes going to want to stay longer, He would be a fool to only do 4 years in the presidency when the rest of the SS wants 8 years.

2) A good number of Igbos that are supporting him expect the presidency to be zoned to the SE in 2015- The middle belt wont support it, the Core north wont support it, SW might be split or oppose it,  I highly doubt The SS will cut their term short for the SE when it boils down to it.   I know that power is not going to stay in the south after Jonathan's term or terms. It will be either The same Jonathan- Sambo ticket or a Northerner with a SWer as VP or SEer as VP.

3)Half of the Middle belters are doing follow follow right now because they are following the crowd ( namely Plateu and Benue), come 2015 if Jonathan tries to stay in office longer than four years, the middle belt will be back in line asking for Zoning along with the core North. They are supporting Jonathan because they think the presidency will go back to north namely the "NC" -.

2011 is nothing Jonathan won that ALREADY , I look forward to 2015- thats when the South south will clash with the Middle belt, Core North, and the South east.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by chyz(m): 3:42am On Aug 20, 2010
Sorry its not true. Unless Ohanaeze's name shows up in the article then the SE is not supporting GJ.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by EzeUche22(m): 4:09am On Aug 20, 2010
Yoruba:

Another set of GEJ's camp talking nonsense!!

The truth remains that Jonathan will not win in the South East. Imagine, People who are not even known in their respective wards speaking on behalf of Ndigbo.

chyz:

Sorry its not true. Unless Ohanaeze's name shows up in the article then the SE is not supporting GJ.

These two post show why this thread is garbage.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by udezue(m): 4:33am On Aug 20, 2010
GEJ, is really average. I don't see much about him that I find interesting. If he were to run against Pat Utomi or Donald Duke, I'll vote against him quick. He seems to not have a clue on economic situation in the country hence he is spending $$$ lavishly and even proposing to spend more. I do want someone from the East tho. There is nothing any Northerner can offer that will make me vote for him. Enough of them.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by becomrich3: 5:49am On Aug 20, 2010

Among the participants at the meeting were former Minister of Education, Mrs Chinwe Obaje; ex-Military Administrator of Akwa Ibom State, Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga; former Minister of Health, Professor I. C. Madubuike; Mr Francis Orji; Dr Osita Ngwu; Senator Chris Ukpabi; Chief Richard Lamai; Professor B.I.C. Ijomah; Brigadier-General S.E. Oviawe; Chief Ayakeme Whiskey; Chief Willy Okeke and former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

Apart from diepreye, even most nigerian do not know this people.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by princekevo(m): 6:58am On Aug 20, 2010

At poster

In your mind the people listed above are the voice of the SS and SE? Xxixixixixi. i laugh in chinese !!! You better change that your misleading title. When time comes, men shall be separated from the boys, and we shall all know the true voice of SS and SE and whom they have endorsed.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2010
Edwin Clark does not even have the capacity to mobilise full support for Jonathan in his home Delta State let alone the rest of South South or South East for that matter.
Re: S-south, S-east Agree On Jonathan •forget About 2011, Minister Tells Ibb Atiku by 13volts(m): 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2010
At poster,

That means it will be another 14 solid years b4 the SE region will get a slot for the presidency

(1) (Reply)

Selfish Individuals Imposed Obasanjo In 1999 / Japan On The Road Again - See How Quickly This Road Was Restored - / Confirmed: Buhari Quits Presidential Race, Apologise To Supporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.