Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? (464 Views)

IPOB To FG: We’ll Suspend Agitation If Referendum On Biafra Is Held / If Referendum Was Approved Today....... / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Give Ndubuisi Kanu A Befitting Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by gidgiddy: 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2019
We now all know that Adamawa, where Atiku hails from, was originally in Cameroon and did not become part of Nigeria until a referendum was conducted there in 1961. They voted to join Nigeria. Atiku would have been around 15 years old when he became a Nigerian along with his Adamawa people. Today, the same Atiku is seeking to be President of Nigeria.

So my question is, if Atiku and his Adamawa people can become Nigerians through referendum, why can't Kanu and his people become Biafrans by the same referendum?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by oyebanji44: 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin Absolutely Correct.the reason is that,The remainder of Nigeria ( including some people among the ibos) had become once more re-oriented towards the national continuity of Nigeria in one form or the other.example some through sharing of the national cakes �.and some through benefiting by taking part in the ownership of businesses in Nigeria.
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by AGideon(m): 3:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
I don't see any genuine reason why we can't have our Biafra through referendum, except Nigerians will be hypocritical about it!

1 Like

Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by livelymatilda22: 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
gidgiddy:
We now all know that Adamawa, where Atiku hails from, was originally in Cameroon and did not become part of Nigeria until a referendum was conducted there in 1961. They voted to join Nigeria. Atiku would have been around 15 years old when he became a Nigerian along with his Adamawa people. Today, the same Atiku is seeking to be President of Nigeria.

So my question is, if Atiku and his Adamawa people can become Nigerians through referendum, why can't Kanu and his people become Biafrans by the same referendum?
Because biafran supporters have left Kanu to become Fulani slaves by supporting Atiku..

Unfortunately for them, they will loose on both sides... You know they will sure return to "biafra or death" after February 16,due to Atiku's lose.

Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by livelymatilda22: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2019
AGideon:
I don't see any genuine reason why we can't have our Biafra through referendum, except Nigerians will be hypocritical about it!
Forget about Nigerians for now.... How many people that were supporting biafra some months ago are still with Nnamdi Kanu now.... Most of them are now slave to a Fulani man, Atiku.

Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by livelymatilda22: 3:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
As long as money still exist, Igbos can never unite. #bittertruth

1 Like

Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by wirinet(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2019
AGideon:

Because Nnamdi (Azikiwe) objected to the insertion of a referendum in our infependence constitution of which another Nnamdi (Kanu) is now attempting to impose.

My opposition to secession–Zik
- https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by kid23(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
livelymatilda22:

Forget about Nigerians for now.... How many people that were supporting biafra some months ago are still with Nnamdi Kanu now.... Most of them are now slave to a Fulani man, Atiku.

That is why referendum is important. The same might have been said during Adamawa case
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by livelymatilda22: 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2019
kid23:

That is why referendum is important. The same might have been said during Adamawa case
But you know northerners are always more united than southerners especially those from South East anyway, anytime..
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by kid23(m): 3:41pm On Feb 04, 2019
wirinet:

Because Nnamdi (Azikiwe) objected to the insertion of a referendum in our infependence constitution of which another Nnamdi (Kanu) is now attempting to impose.

My opposition to secession–Zik
- https://www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/

So how come part of Adamawa was allowed to be part of Nigeria
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by helinues: 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2019
If he wants referendum, let him follow normal procedure
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by Kingdante(m): 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2019
According to Kanu....... he says Atiku is not a Nigerian even after referendum.......if referendum can’t make Atiku a Nigerian (according to Kanu) the same referendum can’t make Kanu and other ibo brother biafrans ....... �‍♂️�‍♂️
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by mpianya39(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2019
Oge akazi day on my mind cool
Re: If Referendum Made Atiku A Nigerian, Why Cant Referendum Make Kanu A Biafran? by wirinet(m): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
kid23:

So how come part of Adamawa was allowed to be part of Nigeria

I thought Kanu said only he and his IPOB group studied history.

Adamawa was part of British Cameroon. Southern cameroon was strongly politically affiliated to Nigeria (remember Ziks party was National Council of Nigeria and the Cameroons). Britain gave it's 2 regions (that it divided British Cameroons into) 2 options, to join Nigeria or to join Cameroons ( independence was not an option). The referendum was organised by the British (well let's say UN). Northern Cameroons voted to join Nigeria and southern cameroon voted to join the Cameroon.
This was just before the Republican constitution of 1963.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Only Got ‘temporary Waiver From Corruption Ban’ To Visit US / Facts: Between Atiku And Buhari, Who Is A Criminal, Based On Available Records? / Pray Or Elections May Not Hold, CAN Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.