Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year (10764 Views)

‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry / FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / Farmers Want FG To Ban Maize Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by contigiency(m): 8:03am On Feb 05, 2019
bigpicture001:

Grow up zonbie...if i engage now in meaning discussion on economic progressive issues btw PDP nd APC u would run away .....so just read news nd only whistle if u dont know what to say

Unfortunately You are empty and surely cannot give what you don't have. go and look for some myopic individuals to intimidate with your so Called intellectual engagement. because if you surely have in-depth knowledge of the area you are going, you would have known that we surely wasted years under those criminals you are campaigning for.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:11am On Feb 05, 2019
Tetehjewels:

And you think plans are not in top gear for storage facilities?

Yea. like the way we surfer for that of rice importation. you will soon see how the price of tomato paste will soon sky rocket, especially when it involve that greedy man called dangote.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:16am On Feb 05, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Another poor thought process again all over.. You don't need to ban tomato paste for Nigerian tomato production , Let the farmers grow their tomato to reach sustainable levels and watch imported tomato fizzle out ... Remember just 2 years ago Dangote had to shut down his Mega tomato processing plant after one week because it ran through all the supplies ofp fresh tomatoes and couldn't get more thereby leading to scarcity of fresh tomatoes in the market and price hike

I am not a prophet but see below the outcome of this policy if it takes off:

1 : Sudden Scarcity in fresh tomatoes supplies
2: Price hike in tomatoes as over demand sets in .

3: increase in activities of smuggled tomato paste into the country

4: Loss of revenue by govt due to increased smuggling activities

5. Reduction in in consumer savings as family units spend more on tomato products..

6.Increased revenue for smugglers and corrupt Customs officials.

7 .Consumers opt for another alternative to tomatoes leading to reduced demand and another round of comatose fro Tomato farmers

8.. Govt backs track and cancels policy all over to save farmers.

Bros thank You jare, you are the only one that think with fore sight here, Dangote is nothing but a greedy man and with the help of our useless political, they keep robbing the masses to enrich themselves

3 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by AbdulCLO: 8:16am On Feb 05, 2019
I don't know what is wrong with my frnds from the east evrything is just hate and angry with everyone. This is a very very good development Nigerians consume tomatoes every day banning the importation will make the small scale farmers produce more and it will boost our economy and also enrich the small farmers even you the ordinary person can now plant tomatoes in your back yard.... those saying Nigeria don't have good storage facilities u must be mad...... if u buy tomatoes you don't know where to store them Abi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Niceoneofficial(m): 8:29am On Feb 05, 2019
Let first go and clear my farm and be ready to cultivate tomato this year
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by bilulu(m): 8:31am On Feb 05, 2019
Caseless:
Good
and what alternatives do you have?
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 05, 2019
Olabenjamen22:

Yea. like the way we surfer for that of rice importation. you will soon see how the price of tomato paste will soon sky rocket, especially when it involve that greedy man called dangote.

Oga abeg shift with your nonsense. The FG said it will ban it THIS YEAR it did not say THIS MONTH.

There is time between now and November to put all the measures in place.

What the fg has done is to give a warning in advance to smart people.

If you were smart you would realise the huge opportunity that just presented itself to anyone who now wants to venture into tomato farming.

Use your head to think smart and not to waste it on criticism.

While you are crying on nairaland, practical people are rejoicing at this great news as it would open huge windows of opportunity for them.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by stan4guy6(m): 8:43am On Feb 05, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
we have enough land and lazy youths that can farm instead of okada riding
the most useless comment in the world

2 Likes

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Niceoneofficial:
Let first go and clear my farm and be ready to cultivate tomato this year

You are thinking smart unlike the other foolish critics here
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by AbuAmmaar77: 8:50am On Feb 05, 2019
heskeyw:
The main problem of agricultural products in Nigeria is storage facilities. How can we still be importing tomatoes when the ones produced in the north can serve the whole Nigeria? I think "storage of unused and excess resources" should be included as one of the basic economic problems of the society. If we can get it right with storage facilities, believe me, we will stop importing 90percent of the foods into the country.
You are off point. I think the minister of agriculture and the policy makers are quite dumb. It has been in our agric textbooks for decades that a good percentage of tomatoes produce waste due to lack of storage facilities. These dumb people still use those outdated figures as fact. The truth is we are not self-sufficient in tomatoes produce yet. So banning import action will be counterproductive. Just like d case of rice. They claim we now grow enough rice locally which is a blatant lie. All those state government rice brands are all propaganda, until we see local brands to buy in the open market.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by otizs: 8:54am On Feb 05, 2019
Joshmodest:
I believe when u say FG , u mean lifeless and his administration, they keep banning things without looking at the implications....u don't have enough tomato to go round the country , and you ban the importation, they banned rice , we suffered it ...then they allowed it back..is it not clear we are been driven by a drunk in this Nigerian bus we all are in.....
For the umpteen times , let's vote for somebody that wrote waec !!!!! And free buhari from his confusion....

A school age children is better than you with waec or whatever qualification you have idiot!
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by ahiboilandgas: 8:55am On Feb 05, 2019
stan4guy6:
the most useless comment in the world
lazy youth
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by greenthangz: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2019
Even the almighty US still import things Nigeria which way na the moment tomato is banned i bet you only few persons will afford it
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by BigIyanga: 9:18am On Feb 05, 2019
ManirBK:
Welcome development
Typical Zombie response. How many storage and processing plants in Naija. Talk is cheap but PHCN will subject u to the realities of biz in Naija
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by edoman2016: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2019
akpunda86:

Are we importing pineapple.DANGOTE pineapple juice industry in EPZ calabar shut down for years.

ERRICO foods knows what he is doing.SANI DANGOTE IS DIFFERENT FROM ALIKO DANGOTE BUT SAME GROUP.HIS BRODA.

He is a bad manager
Please what made Dangote pineapple juice factory in Calabar to shut down? Is it that lack of pineapples made the Dangote pineapple juice factory to shut down in Calabar? Because I know he has pineapple plantation in Calabar.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by edoman2016: 9:26am On Feb 05, 2019
akpunda86:

Are we importing pineapple.DANGOTE pineapple juice industry in EPZ calabar shut down for years.

ERRICO foods knows what he is doing.SANI DANGOTE IS DIFFERENT FROM ALIKO DANGOTE BUT SAME GROUP.HIS BRODA.

He is a bad manager
Please what made Dangote pineapple juice factory in Calabar to shut down? Is it lack of pineapples in commercial quantities that made the Dangote pineapple juice factory to shut down in Calabar? Because I know he has large pineapple plantation in Calabar.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by AFONJACOW(m): 9:30am On Feb 05, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
we have enough land and lazy youths that can farm instead of okada riding
the useless government do they have the facilities ,let them stationed mechanize tomatoes farm around Nigeria let see if the lazy youths will work or not...

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Jaqenhghar: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2019
This will only lead to scarcity of tomatoes and an increase in thee smugling of tomato paste with a rise in the price of tomatoes. Brace yourselves Niggers y'all aint seen shít
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Jaqenhghar: 9:39am On Feb 05, 2019
AFONJACOW:
the useless government do they have the facilities ,let them stationed mechanize tomatoes farm around Nigeria let see if the lazy youths will work or not...
They never address the real issues. They want to produce everything yet dont have the facilities to produce anything. So called giant of Africa where farmers still use hoe
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by bigiyaro(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2019
contigiency:
Just look at the level of economic decay that the same PDP shouting now led us into. where we were merely consuming and creating jobs for other countries. Ordinary tomatoes! We have been importing under the watch of the so called economic masters for over three decades and somebody is telling me he understands the economy better than the man who is working hard stopping all the anomalies. God forbid that they succeed in their bid.
Chairman, PDP left almost 4 years ago, stop blaming others for buhari's fvck up.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Destinychigozie: 9:52am On Feb 05, 2019
Importation of tomatoes is not our problem in this country, the government should look into more pressing need of the country. over 100 innocent citizens Lost their life everyday in this country he is here talking about tomatoes useless govt ,useless Adminstration ,what about the insurgency he promise to stop b4 been elected as President? he should admit that he has failed the country.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Destinychigozie: 9:56am On Feb 05, 2019
Ok
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 05, 2019
SalamRushdie:
[s]Another poor thought process again all over.. You don't need to ban tomato paste for Nigerian tomato production , Let the farmers grow their tomato to reach sustainable levels and watch imported tomato fizzle out ... Remember just 2 years ago Dangote had to shut down his Mega tomato processing plant after one week because it ran through all the supplies ofp fresh tomatoes and couldn't get more thereby leading to scarcity of fresh tomatoes in the market and price hike

5. Reduction in in consumer savings as family units spend more on tomato products..

7 .Consumers opt for another alternative to tomatoes leading to reduced demand and another round of comatose fro Tomato farmers

8.. Govt backs track and cancels policy all over to save farmers.[/s]

Plenty trash.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by SalamRushdie: 10:29am On Feb 05, 2019
Admin401:

Plenty trash.

if you are dull enough to support Buhari i don't worry you will never understand anything sensible
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 05, 2019
SalamRushdie:

if you are dull enough to support Buhari i don't worry you will never understand anything sensible

Disposing the trash you wrote does not translate to support for Buhari. I don't expect a literal retard to understand this.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by KAHBOOM: 10:34am On Feb 05, 2019
SalamRushdie:
Another poor thought process again all over.. You don't need to ban tomato paste for Nigerian tomato production , Let the farmers grow their tomato to reach sustainable levels and watch imported tomato fizzle out ... Remember just 2 years ago Dangote had to shut down his Mega tomato processing plant after one week because it ran through all the supplies ofp fresh tomatoes and couldn't get more thereby leading to scarcity of fresh tomatoes in the market and price hike

8.. Govt backs track and cancels policy all over to save farmers.

Well said..Govt should rethink it over..I know that some local producers must have bribed there way..Nigerians can't afford to buy tomatoes of 100# for 500#.

I don't trust the local producers especially that erisco tomato guy he is too desperate,cunning and wicked.

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by KAHBOOM: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2019
Admin401:

Plenty trash.

There is no trash in what he said..I am not an atiku fan..Pls try and learn from those who don't agree with you at times.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by honestpoju: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2019
ManirBK:
Welcome development

Shallow minded. Did the banning of rice importation lower the price of rice? You don't know anything
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Caseless: 11:17am On Feb 05, 2019
bilulu:

and what alternatives do you have?
The one sourced locally.
Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by Caseless: 11:17am On Feb 05, 2019
post=75426570:

You can say that again Elder Statesmen of our land. wink
na so, bro.

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year by bigpicture001: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2019
contigiency:

Unfortunately You are empty and surely cannot give what you don't have. go and look for some myopic individuals to intimidate with your so Called intellectual engagement. because if you surely have in-depth knowledge of the area you are going, you would have known that we surely wasted years under those criminals you are campaigning for.

Do yu agree that buhari cased recession..?. Iu dont plz explain who caused it an how..lets start frm here....am waiting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How And When To Start A Watermelon And Cucumber Farm / About Poultry Business / Poultry Farm For Sale or Lease Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.