Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. (1017 Views)

My Visit To The University Of Ibadan Zoological Garden / Horrible! Two Kids Burnt To Death In Mysterious Fire Outbreak In Ondo State / A Big Whale Killed In Ese-Odo, Ondo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Fresh 400 Level students - Yoruba Language And Literature, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife paid a visit to the 'Oke Idanre' as requested for by a course Research Methodology to prepare us for the new session as we would begin to start works on our projects.

Lots of amazing facts were shared, we visited the ancient palace, the first customary court in Idanre, the first prison yard, high chiefs homes and the place where burial rites were performed. We were made to understand the first set of people that settled in Idanre settled on that mountain before they moved down because of civilisation.

We actually learned a lot and had lots of fun too. My coursemates and I have a reports make concerning the trip.

Pictures loading!

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 05, 2019
Our entrance

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Dannybammz: 7:58am On Feb 05, 2019
Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 05, 2019
Mounting the first 70 stairs upwards!

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2019
Owa Resting Point.

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 05, 2019
Idanre literarily means 'This Is Magic' - Idan ree

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 05, 2019
Hiking!

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 05, 2019
Another resting point

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 05, 2019
Dagunro Spot

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 05, 2019
Yeah

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Jonadull: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2019
Iamoluwaslim:
Another resting point
Is the dude with glasses a male of female ?
Wtf
Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 05, 2019
A view of Idanre town, Ondo state from one of the resting spots halfway hiking.

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2019
A selfie with our young lecturer
Jonathan:

Wtf

Well, that is me! And you mentioned dude, try not to be abusive.

PS. Those are retro shades

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Jonadull: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2019
Iamoluwaslim:
A selfie with our young lecturer

Well, that is me! And you mentioned dude, try not to be abusive.

PS. Those are retro shades
Dude is now an abusive word?
You wear leggings, wear necklace ,wear armless, do hair like woman .
Dude . You need help o . Serious help
Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 05, 2019
Tourists Charlets, here we are! In a quite distasteful state. Researcher/Tourists that would stay the night are advised to come with their tents so they could pitch it up there.

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 05, 2019
Jonathan:

Dude is now an abusive word?
You wear leggings, wear necklace ,wear armless, do hair like woman .
Dude . You need help o . Serious help

If that's what you see, it's your business but I am not going to apologize to you for three things. What I wear, how I wear it and how comfortable I might be in it.

I am obviously fine with me so why do you want to d1e untimely. What is none of your business don't you understand? Enjoy my tourism thread and swerve!
Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2019
The first elementary school in Idanre kingdom.

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Jonadull: 8:48am On Feb 05, 2019
Iamoluwaslim:

If that's what you see, it's your business but I am not going to apologize to you for three things. What I wear, how I wear it and how comfortable I might be in it.

I am obviously fine with me so why do you want to d1e untimely. What is none of your business don't you understand? Enjoy my tourism thread and swerve!
Irony of life .
Someone that doesn’t know if he will cease to exist before nightfall is threatening someone else with death .
Lmfao
Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 05, 2019
Let's take a look at the first customary court house in Idanre

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2019
Jonathan:

Irony of life .
Someone that doesn’t know of he will cease to exist before nightfall it threatening someone else with death .
Lmfao

And also, I wonder who you are to define to mw what clothing is for what gender. What an height of joblessness.

Your guardians never told you to "Shut up and sit up"?
Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2019
The old prison yard.

If I was imprisoned here, I will ja pa on my very first night in there.

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2019
The shrine where the king would stand every year to wear a particular crown during a festival in Idanre. In comparison to the Are crown the Ooni would wear once in a year during the Olojo festival.

One Yoruba!

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 05, 2019
Aalo o!
Aalo.

My Aalo is about the 'Aapon-O-Gbe' stone (Bachelor Could Not Carry)
Long long ago, in the ancient Idanre kingdom, a young man's physical strength is tested before he would be allowed to get married to his heartthrob. He must be able to lift the Aapon-O-Gbe stone to the chest level. If he fails, no wedding! But if should be able to pass the test, he would have his wedding.

PS. I personally deduced that
1. A man should be able to go any length for the one he chooses as his wife.
2. The ability to carry the stone symbolizes that he can face and manage any trouble or challenge that would face his m winkarriage, could be in any form.
3. I've forgotten

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 05, 2019
The Unreadable Letters Of The Flood.

Re: My Visit To Idanre Hills Resort, Idanre, Ondo State. by OsamaP: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2019
Jonathan:

Wtf

Please is there any sort of payment required for the tour?

(1) (Reply)

PDP And APC In An Unending Defeats As PDP Wins In Very Sensitive Polling Units. / Uchechukwu Aloysius Uchenwa Is Scammer / Enugu | Location, Facts, & Population | Royal Orchard College Enugu Foxxymobile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.