Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last (10687 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by abbgstar(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2006
Ladoja has been impeached! Just this morning, troubled Gov. Ladoja was kicked out of office by Adedibu's boys. i'm presently monitoring events and will keep all posted about developments as they unfold.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Chxta(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2006
!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by ono(m): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2006
Na wa o!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by yemstrad(f): 11:35am On Jan 12, 2006
This is terrible and purely a show of shame. The deputy governor Adebayo Alao-Akala has been sworn in as the new governor.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by queen2(f): 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2006
OMG this is not true. Terrible rolleyes

NIGERIAN shameful country
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Chxta(m): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2006
Well, like I've been saying for a while now... [b]WE ARE NOT DEMOCRATS IN NAIJA! WE NEED TO FIND A KING![/B]
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by pendelite(f): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2006
If you read the Governor’s request for OBJ intervention and OBJ’s response that it is too late for him to intervene, you come away an impression that is difficult for me to even express.

Where is the SYSTEM? First of all Ladoja’s problem is a state problem, it is a problem of the governors and legislators in the state, it is not a Federal problem, nor OBJ’s problem, he should simply say that it a state problem and leave it alone, it leaves me with the concept of an overbearing Federal government.

On the part of the Ladoja and legislators, if he does not agree with what they are doing, he should take the legislators to court to stop the impeachment process if he can prove a case the courts will rule. It shows a lack of faith in the system or maybe there is no system at all.

If giants fight and feel hopeless, what is the common man on the street to do? Nigeria each day looks like a Kingdom and what the King wants, the King gets despite any denials.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2006
This is shameful and I am disgusted at the event, is this justice? how can a governor elected by the people be impeached without due process of law? is it because the Godfather is so rich and powerful that people are scared of him? please someone please enlighten me on this issue. If the Governor was given adequate time to counter his defense, then it will be another story.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by demmy(m): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2006
Mark my word. This is not the end we've seen of Ladoja and Adedibu. embarassed
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 4:09pm On Jan 12, 2006
In some Way, I kind of feel the president has some favoritism on this issue.   The only sad part is when two big elephant fight the grass will surfer, and you and I know it's the Innocent peasant people that will bear the burden.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by queen2(f): 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2006
Odeku:

This is shameful and I am disgusted at the event, is this justice? how can a governor elected by the people be impeached without due process of law? is it because the Godfather is so rich and powerful that people are scared of him? please someone please enlighten me on this issue. If the Governor was given adequate time to counter his defense, then it will be another story.

Word! infact mere reading this i feel like cursing Nigeria more, it cursed already though cuz that country can only be changed with the help of prayers nothing else. stupid people, shameful leaders of shameful country sad angry infact this i think has never happened before or if it had, this is my first time of hearing this find of foolish news.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by queen2(f): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2006
Chxta:

Well, like I've been saying for a while now... [b]WE ARE NOT DEMOCRATS IN NAIJA! WE NEED TO FIND A KING![/B]

Infact thats the best thing angry
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Seun(m): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2006
It is easy to say all these things when you are enjoying yourself in the UK. Those of us in Nigeria are more cautious and we pick our battles. This event is mostly a non-issue.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2006
I don't agree with that statement Seun. Just because we are overseas don't mean we don't care and think about our country, we all love Nigeria and care about the current event in the country. the issue in Nigeria is corruption and it need to be tackle either within Nigeria or outside the country, and not until you and I and other fellow Nigerians take the responsibility of restoring justice verbally or any how we can, the country in going no where. How can one man initiate a collaboration, that I put you in office and I can remove you slogan?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by pendelite(f): 5:44pm On Jan 12, 2006
Seun meant (read between the lines) that when he leaves Nigeria he will be able to express himself better on the subject rolleyes
Seun, I can arrange your Visa, now Speak grin
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by dagaro(m): 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2006
Only god knows how many governors are going to be impeached before the end of there tenure.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by ododoman: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2006
Impeached at last!!! we all new it will come to this and I know the likes of Uba of Anambra will be in Oyo today to learn more about Godfatherism in Nigeria Politricks.
It's so unfortunate that our country was once ruled by the military and we all cried Ewo! and now it;s been ruled by Thugs(Agbero's) now we will shout this one na Wao!!!.
Nija will always be nija,Rat race where the fitest survives,Lets wait and see how the Thugs(Agbero's) in Aso rock will impeach the V-President abi nor be him turn......
Lawless country Nigeria.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2006
Nigeria is a great country we just have bad leaders and corrupt politicians, I went back to Nigeria after 15 years, and I have to tell you, I was disappointed in the things I saw. I was opportune to meet with 5 traditional rulers and 4 state Governors, I expressed my feelings on the infrastructure and the transportation system in the country.  and mark my words my goal is to return to Nigeria in 5 years and make a difference. there are people sufferring and don't even have hope. we can change Nigeria and it has to start from some where.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2006
Lets be careful about our comments here:

The facts are:

# Adedibu "install" some Legislators

# Adedibu "install" Ladoja

# The Governor was impeached beacuse HE DIVERTED BILLIONS OF NAIRA MEANT FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT. Is this Adedibu's fault?

#He refused to allow rule of law to prevail in Ibarapa, when AD candidate won a Court Verdict.

IT IS VERY VERY GOOD FOR OUR DEMOCRACY IF IT IS TRUE THAT HE STEALS.

Alao-Akala(the new Governor) was recently beaten up by Adedibu's thugs.

Personal Comment

I was dissapointed in Ladoja, this is a perfect gentleman that ought to have even become governor since 1999. He missed it because he's a member of PDP. He is Rich, has chains of companies, dresses simply in "ankara". Him with Tinubu, Alfred Rewane gave NADECO the financial backing during those dark days in Nigeria history.

Well, bye-bye Alhaji Ladoja!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2006
Princes LOLA said Nigeria I love My country, lets HOPE and PRAY.  ego better
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by funloving(m): 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2006
Madness!!!!  Madness!!!   Madness !!!

Impeachment is now ten for one kobo
Anybody who has some money and influence can single handedly remove a sitting,supposedly "democratically  elected ? " governor

I weep for my nation  cry cry  cry
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by erekihc: 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2006
The one thing I have come to notice in this forum (and I am just a newbie) is the careless way that some of us express our views. How living abroad has anything or nothing to do with this issue is beyond me. I will assume that seun has been misrepresented. I would have said misquoted, but I will stick with a loss in translation.

And for the other fellow that said something about being careful with our comments here – Akolawole –What did Odeku say that could have lead to such caution?

Back to the impeachment -
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2006
Though the Impeachment had Adedibu's imprint, but Did he stole or divert the billions ?

Let 's remember, God can use most stupid person to enforce his WILL.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2006
I blv in justice, if the Governor was guilty of all the allegations against him, let him hang, I just don't think 90 minute to present his defense was ampule time considering the magnitude of the case. and again, I am not in Nigeria what do we know.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by otokx(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2006
Shoe get size. If you don't have any power then don't open your mouth too wide. Adedibu is indeed the strongman of Ibadan politics. Ladoja should thank his stars he is still alive: infact if i were him i should have fled through the ever porous seme border. I am tired of telling you Nigerians in the diaspora that there has not been any election in Nigeria since June 12 so the idea of voting "bad" people out and "good" people in does not arise. Its a good thing our president said he could not do anything in the presence of Ladoja, Daniels and other Yoruba leaders. What goes round comes round, lets see where it will be next?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by ododoman: 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2006
The problem of Nigeria is Bad leadership...Even the V-President said it.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by queen2(f): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2006
Seun:

It is easy to say all these things when you are enjoying yourself in the UK. Those of us in Nigeria are more cautious and we pick our battles. This event is mostly a non-issue.

Excuse me, you dont need to talk like that, the fact that we are not in Nigeria doesnt mean that we dont know wats going on there OK?
Ive got people there and its still my country, ofcourse i come there for holiday, wat is nigeria self, to live in, tommorrow assassin, today its Government sad angry
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2006
Adedibu is a strongman of Ibadan politics ke!
I did not agree with you totally.
I wish  i could write  a bumper package on him today but my fear is i used my proper name in this forum and he "somehow" .........
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Seun(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2006
Ok, diasporites, I have heard your rebuttals. Sorry.

What I'm just saying is that this is a case of cunny man die, cunny man bury am. Ladoja, Adedibu are birds of the same feather. This news is not as dramatic (or tragic) as their earlier gun battle which claimed lives!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by omon(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2006
The V-president is bad himself..they are all bad!!!  It was good riddance to bad rubbish that Ladoja has become.  Ibadan or Oyo has been a non-performing state.  Although it is very clear that ladoja's god-father has an imprint in this, was Ladoja guilty of some misdeamnors? How come he was averting presenting his case before the panel with so many lawsuits?  If his hands were clean, the he would have answered at least one of the allegations.

That said, it is a sad development that someone would think he is above all in a state.  It is such a shame. We have to work together to make things change come 2007.  Love Naija
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by IAH(f): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2006
This is interesting! Politics is always HOT in the West side of Nigeria. Why?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by ababoy1(m): 7:05pm On Jan 12, 2006
Be easy on Seun, what he said isn’t unusual. A lot of our folks back home think the same too, sometimes understandably, at times not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi, Malami Sued Over Award Of ₦91.7 Billion Rail Contract To Chine / Buhari Deserves Commendation For Diversifying From Oil – Femi Adesina / Kogi 2023: ADC Collapses Structure For Pdp’s Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.