Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,116 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last (10690 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 10:13am On Jan 15, 2006
@ Akolawole
Yes Ibadan is peaceful, but in some part of the town, the peace is like that of a graveyard (Beere, Gate) with rumour that the Agbekoyas are ready for action (on whose side?), the NURTW road union loyal to Tawa Abubakar are ready to defend the "mandate" of Ladoja

My prayer is PEACE and desire that Akala performs
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Chxta(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2006
Show down in the ancient city ja? This is going to be interesting...
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Ralex(m): 5:01pm On Jan 15, 2006
Nobody has mentioned what Adedibu said on channels TV

" ... he recives N65 million as security vote am i not entiltled to one-third of that?? "

Nija na wa ooo... when d chips come down it all boils down to money !!!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by joftech(m): 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2006
Oyo State is a Fiefdom [/b]and [b]Nigeria as a whole is a Failed State.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by debanjee(m): 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2006
h
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2006
Otkxo ref : #79

"There is some similarity of the events that happened in bayelsa, oyo and anambra with latest being quite intriguing. I trust my president's actions. As a former general in the nigerian army, he knows the meaning of strategy."

Can you please tell me the Similarity?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by otokx(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2006
the loyalty of our armed forces to the powers that be wherever they may be in carrying out instructions that are inimical to democracy. One day the boys in uniform will have a mind of their own then yawa go gas.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 9:49am On Jan 16, 2006
Men in Uniform in nigeria again. It will never happen AGAIN O
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by otokx(m): 9:54am On Jan 16, 2006
AMEN, but things are deteriorating.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by demmy(m): 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2006
To anybody in Ibadan, did Ladoja show up for today?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by ono(m): 2:58pm On Jan 16, 2006
This one is from Pa Alayande.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/article02

OBJ's hand is seen everywhere.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Odeku(m): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2006
The question I have for the people that impeached this governor for corruption is that why has the governor not been picked up by EFCC ? something is wrong with this picture
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2006
Ladoja didn't showup and wouldn't show up.
Someone that was sluggish and slow when he had power cann't be smart and witty when he is powerless.

There is not problem in Ibadan not even the hot spot areas (Gate, Molete, Bere).

New SSG and Chief of staff have been appointed.

There are reports that LAdoja's Chief of Staff Sarafadeen Alli is among those scheming to be the next deputy governor.
can you belief that, so ladoja's civillian Aide cap has been dining with his enemies before. God have mercy shocked
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2006
Like i have predicted there's no problem at all in Ibadan today.

Ibadan people are not stupid but i was dissapointed. I like Ladoja as a person but as Governor

He made the biggest mistake of his life:

(1) He made the mistake of joinning PDP. Chief Bola Ige assured him of governorship in 1999 if he joins AD but refused, he prefers a national party in PDP.

(2) Even if he prefered PDP, He should have done away with Adedibu after PDP primaries and let the PARTY machinery help in the Main election afterall PDP knows how "they win election".
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2006
obalola:

There are reports that LAdoja's Chief of Staff Sarafadeen Alli is among those scheming to be the next deputy governor.
can you belief that, so ladoja's civillian Aide cap has been dining with his enemies before. God have mercy shocked

I will be dissapointed if Egbon Sarafa takes up the position. He has been Ladoja's boy since 1990. A very very close ally of the former governor.
Barrister Sarafa Ali was born in Oke-Aremo( barely 100m from where yours truly was born), he is a product of University of Ibadan and a former Ibadan north local government chairman. Ironically his ONLY major achievement in office is a very good road construction to his family house in Oke-aremo.
God save Nigeria.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 6:41pm On Jan 16, 2006
ono:

OBJ's hand is seen everywhere.

It is true that OBJ knew that he's going to be impeached because 18 legislators had made up their mind to impeach him.

OBJ takes side immediately he confirm that there is diversion of taxpayers money and only a senseless leader will ignore that cool

We all knew what OBJ says about diversion of LG funds last year
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Dagogo(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2006
It is quite interesting EFCC has not reacted or taken any step at investigating Alhaji Ladoja on the alegations of corruption especially on the deposit of public fund into private account or are they waiting for a formal report from the legislature of Oyo state.They should avoid the pit-fall that they are only interested in removing the enemies of the state from office
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Dagogo(m): 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2006
Hi Ralex, it is surprising and disgusting the comments of the chairman of amala politics on the refusal of Ladoja to share security vote with him and that is why Ladoja was removed from office.The saying show me your and i will who you are is true about the leadership of the ruling party thePDP no wonder then Ahmadu Ali likened Adedibu as an army commander well it also happened that Ahmadu Ali once norminated Wife and Son for board appointment. well this is Nigeria, a Banana Republic
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Dagogo(m): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2006
Hi Ralex, it is surprising and disgusting the comments of the chairman of amala politics on the refusal of Ladoja at sharing security vote with him and that is why Ladoja was removed from office.The saying show me your friend and i will show you who you are is true about the leadership of the ruling party thePDP no wonder then Ahmadu Ali likened Adedibu as an army commander well it also happened that Ahmadu Ali once norminated Wife and Son for board appointment. well this is Nigeria, a Banana Republic
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Icon(m): 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2006
There's a lot more to this than meets the eye. You say Ladoja is guilty of the charges alleged against him. I won't argue that he's not, neither will I say he should not have been impeached. But is he the only one commiting these offences? You think if he was not in Atiku's camp, Obasanjo would not have intervened? Or if he was loyal to Baba, this would have happened to him? What we should pray for is that justice should be free, fair, impartial and without fear or favour of any man. There are too many corrupt people in Nigeria but it looks like once you're loyal to Obasanjo you can reman corrupt and if not, then EFCC and the likes will be your portion. ... I think i'm going too far... These things make me angry. Unfortunately, I can't do much. Except to pray and wait...
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2006
Icon:

You think if he was not in Atiku's camp, Obasanjo would not have intervened? Or if he was loyal to Baba, this would have happened to him? What we should pray for is that justice should be free, fair, impartial and without fear or favour of any man. There are too many corrupt people in Nigeria but it looks like once you're loyal to Obasanjo you can reman corrupt and if not, then EFCC and the like

I can confirm that Ladoja and OBJ are friends but in practice OBJ don't have a permanent friend cool

Where is his secondary school friend; Sunday Afolabi ? Once you are in one Financial scandal, Baba will dump you like 'no man business'.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2006
For those without a means of moving around, it is trekking galore in Ibadan as the NURTW boys are off the street, in "solidarity" with workers and Ladoja who is also on strike with the workers.

For goodness ake with strike resolve the crisis.

I hereby call on Akala and Pa Adedibu to invite these striking guys to a round table of "amala" talks.

@ Icon
If Ladoja didn't divert government money into his account, he would have won more sympathy from the masses and Gani could have rose to defend him.
Obj is a man one uses "long spoon" to eat with.

I will not hold brief for Pa Adedibu, but in the interview, he said it is from the security vote he will want ladoja to be settling him. (not Oyo State allocation) really that is what the security vote is for, settling the troublemakers, maintaining peace and security. abi no be so?
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2006
Akolawole:

I will be dissapointed if Egbon Sarafa take up the position. He has been Ladoja's boy since 1990. A very very close ally of the former governor.
Barrister Sarafa Ali was born in Oke-Aremo( barely 100m from where yours truly was born), he is a product of University of Ibadan and a former Ibadan north local government chairman. Ironically his ONLY major achievement in office is a very good road construction to his family house in Oke-aremo.
God save Nigeria.

boy ke, you don't know what is call ambition.
He was among those giving Ladoja wrong advice before ladoja's removal, maybe he was still bitter about his demotion from SSG to chief of staff.

I think what you call his only major achievement was his ONE and ONLY achievement.

May God save Oyo State
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by pophoney(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2006
The Story of Ladoja Impeachment, how it all started and ended undecided

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=697

But why are the people not on the street protesting the removal of Ladoja
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by joftech(m): 3:01am On Jan 18, 2006
I will not hold brief for Pa Adedibu, but in the interview, he said it is from the security vote he will want ladoja to be settling him. (not Oyo State allocation) really that is what the security vote is for, settling the troublemakers, maintaining peace and security. abi no be so?

So why are some people saying the man is not educated. At least he knows the meaning of security vote.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Akolawole(m): 4:48am On Jan 18, 2006
Thats how people outside Ibadan view Adedibu, most expecially Lagosians.

He may not have formally education , he may not be fluent in English but he can read and write.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by joftech(m): 5:10am On Jan 18, 2006
Education is knowing both the right and wrong thing to do!
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2006
Pa Adedibu is educated and well read, though not at a conventional school, but under the feet of Baba Awolowo (a Lawyer, Economist and Sage), copied the style of Adelabu Penkelemesi (a lawyer and philosopher), studies Adelakun Eruobodo (Grade 2 Teacher and Charistmatic Leader), worked for Richard Akinjide (Lawyer of 12 2/3 fame) and promoted S.M Yaradua (Millitary Strategist and SDP Aspirant).
He is also a trained and professional Fashion Designer cum Tailor (though never practiced)
He has been in the system since Pre-Independence with Action Group (Awolowo's party) switched to NPN (Shagari) during 2 republic and SDP during 3rd republic. The old man has seen all and knows all about South West Polity.

EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER

Local Politicans proudly attached "Molete trained" to their name now in Ibadan.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by joftech(m): 6:00am On Jan 18, 2006
Like i always say experince is the main thing. Knowledge is not what you acquire in a classroom block.

The man ought to have retire by now. He should be like Mandela now. But greed no gree.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by demmy(m): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2006
Its disgusting to read people compare Adegoke Adelabu with some old thug like Lamidi Adedibu. Adelabu was not a thug. He was not a trouble maker. He was erudite, articulate and very very educated with vision. Please stop comparing rotten orange with diamond.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by obalola: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2006
demmy:

Its disgusting to read people compare Adegoke Adelabu with some old thug like Lamidi Adedibu. Adelabu was not a thug. He was not a trouble maker. He was erudite, articulate and very very educated with vision. Please stop comparing rotten orange with diamond.

Late Adelabu is was brilliant and educated, but he used styles similar to Pa Adedibu's in building grassroot support and network, that is what people compare. The way Late Adelabu entertained, ate and dined with his people is how Adedibu does too.

A visit to his palace at Molete will confirm this. He eats from the same plate, on the same table and the same OKA (amala) that every other person eat.
That is the leadership his people like and understand. Adelakun did same, so to some extend you can compare.
Re: Oyo State Governor Ladoja Impeached At Last by Bibi(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2006
@obalola: the fact that he eats gbegiri on the same table with his thugs does not imply grassroot support. Surely, Adelakun and Adedibu do not have grassroot support, they are political thugs that use coercion to intimidate the grassroot. If they have grassroot support, Ibadan streets will not be empty after the impeachment of Ladoja, neither will Agbekoya be threatening fire and brimstone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akeredolu: No Apologies For Ban On Open Grazing (video) / Kogi 2023: ADC Collapses Structure For Pdp’s Dino Melaye / Nigeria Signs Agreement With Siemens To Increase Grid Capacity To 12,000MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.