Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem (7520 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Justbright(m): 8:05pm On Feb 05, 2019
Take my car for routine maintainace today and to enter car start , d machine refused to start...it was later scanned and it shows electronic ignition switch and steeringlock...pls does anyone know how much dis will cost...d mevhanivk is charging me 300k and 135k for repair...pls help
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by CityNGR: 8:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Justbright:
Take my car for routine maintainace today and to enter car start , d machine refused to start...it was later scanned and it shows electronic ignition switch and steeringlock...pls does anyone know how much dis will cost...d mevhanivk is charging me 300k and 135k for repair...pls help
Location? It is far less than that.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Justbright(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
CityNGR:

Location? It is far less than that.

Egbeda lagos
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Justbright(m): 8:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
Pls i need all d info i can gather....dis is an emergency pls
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
Op did they leave the tires straight when they switched off the car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Justbright(m): 8:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

That’s where d problem start, d mechanic forgot to straighten the tire before removing the key, although the scanning man that brought d machine said it’s bound to happen to the type of car

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
Justbright:

That’s where d problem start, d mechanic forgot to straighten the tire before removing the key, although the scanning man that brought d machine said it’s bound to happen to the type of car
Yeah the w204 is rife with steering lock problems. And it's too far gone. Once he noticed the steering was locked he should have used a small hammer to tap the lock. You would have to buy a new steering lock. There's no two ways about that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by larrixauto2017(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
Justbright:
The problem of the vehicle is not too hard and too easy as you think normally a car steering lock and it can be unlock either turning the steering left or righ but as you passed this information is like the problem of the vehicle has already get worst ok to check and recover it back is not that hard but you can give a call for futher in formation 07083676583 08111543369 Am shegzthecarguy by name thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by dokyOloye: 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
Op,you are dealing with the notorious EIS wahala rampant on W204 and GLKs.
Talk to Kingreign on nairaland.com/kingreign ,he has experience on that stuff.
Even if he can't handle d repairs, he'll guide you on d pricing n stuff,so them no go open office for your head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by mayor2013: 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hammer head comes to the mind grin
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Justbright(m): 11:54pm On Feb 05, 2019
dokyOloye:
Op,you are dealing with the notorious EIS wahala rampant on W204 and GLKs.
Talk to Kingreign on nairaland.com/kingreign ,he has experience on that stuff.
Even if he can't handle d repairs, he'll guide you on d pricing n stuff,so them no go open office for your head.

Thanks bro
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by CityNGR: 2:27am On Feb 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah the w204 is rife with steering lock problems. And it's too far gone. Once he noticed the steering was locked he should have used a small hammer to tap the lock. You would have to buy a new steering lock. There's no two ways about that.
Not necessarily
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by CityNGR: 2:28am On Feb 06, 2019
Justbright:

Egbeda lagos
Contact Oluwaseunla. He's on Nairaland and he's not far from your location and his specialty is Mercedes Benz. You may not need to buy a new ESL.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by thebigkendo(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2019
Justbright:

grin grin somebody cannot even park his car anyhow he likes again..

Diportivo abeg carry your Toyota crew come here... We dey park our jap shitboxes motor without minding direction of tire grin grin

Nwanneni come & help your German comrade

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Justbright:

It's a factory defect in W204. It happens whether your steering is turned or straight angry
I know of someone who was on a journey, came down stopped the car to urinate and gbam! E happened. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Ah this is not necessary. You want cause airbag to deploy shey?
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
kingreign:

Ah this is not necessary. You want cause airbag to deploy shey?
Tap and not hit with brutal force.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Oshey o tapping tapper, tapping the palm wine tapper with the tappest tapping tapper.

Well, what do I know sef!

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Oshey o tapping tapper, tapping the palm wine tapper with the tappest tapping tapper.

Well, what do I know sef!
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Lucky4real28(m): 1:41am On Apr 12, 2019
OP where you able to sort this issue? Please advice how you did
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:14am On Apr 12, 2019
MB crew, u are summoned
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Lucky4real28(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2019
I have a car having this issue, would be glad if anyone can suggest a good technician to fix and cost price
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2019
Justbright:
yes o.na the price
It happened to me twice angry angry in less than a month!
300k first one and second time na SARS I use go settle with the rewire that did it the first time
Total amounted to 450k cry
C350 2011(black devil wink )
Always straighten your tires when you park otherwise you go dance to the music of EIS lock cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lucky4real28:
I have a car having this issue, would be glad if anyone can suggest a good technician to fix and cost price
where are You?holla if you dey phc
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
Justbright:

That’s where d problem start, d mechanic forgot to straighten the tire before removing the key, although the scanning man that brought d machine said[b][/b] it’s bound to happen to the type of car[b][/b]
lies!!!
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:
bro we still never settle on our biturbo querry o!
Why don't car manufacturers don't just put one large turbo then if not for lag issues?
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2019
nwanneni:
bro we still never settle on our biturbo querry o!
Why don't car manufacturers don't just put one large turbo then if not for lag issues?
?
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

So what do you want me to do?
this your question sounds rude though.
If you aren't in the mood to talk,I'll say never mind.
Thanks a lot
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
nwanneni:
this your question sounds rude though.
If you aren't in the mood to talk,I'll say never mind.
Thanks a lot
You know with larger engines, you cannot use one large turbo. Aside the huge turbo lags, how do you set the system up? With 4 cylinder engines you see one large turbo being run off the exhaust gases but with v6, V8, V10 and V12 engines the exhaust manifolds are mounted on two opposite sides. Even BMW straight six engines make use of twin turbos. Its more efficient for larger engines and reduce turbo lag.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

You know with larger engines, you cannot use one large turbo. Aside the huge turbo lags, how do you set the system up? With 4 cylinder engines you see one large turbo being run off the exhaust gases but with v6, V8, V10 and V12 engines the exhaust manifolds are mounted on two opposite sides. Even BMW straight six engines make use of twin turbos. Its more efficient for larger engines and reduce [/b]turbo lag[b].
finally cheesy
Thanks!we now agree,cheers wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASDRI Trained Over 47,000 Drivers In One Year – Afusat Tiamiyu / Step By Step Guide On How I Fixed Audi A4 2002 Gear Problem / Neatly Used Honda CR-V For Sale@500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.