Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,327 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem (7575 Views)

Benz C300 Assessment & Review / Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
nwanneni:
finally cheesy
Thanks!we now agree,cheers wink
Two smaller turbos will produce much lesser lag than one large turbo.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Two smaller turbos will produce much lesser lag than one large turbo.
exactly my point too right!
It's all about getting rid of that feeling of putting your foot down and no response! angry hence the reason why manufacturers put parallel turbos in their cars
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
nwanneni:
exactly my point too right!
It's all about getting rid of that feeling of putting your foot down and no response! angry hence the reason why manufacturers put parallel turbos in their cars
Yeah that's why I prefer superchargers. Instant power and very simple to work on.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah that's why I prefer superchargers. Instant power and very simple to work on.
yea sure but it sucks power directly from the engine(by receiving torque needed to drive it by belt from the crankshaft) thereby sucking up some of that hp it produces and has an effect on fuel economy too angry unlike turbos.
But I agree with you on the ease of working on it.
So I noticed you are good with your hands.can you design a fully electric forced air induction system?
It will be great!no lag,no fuel economy nonsense,No sucking up hp and more efficient too and probably will be easy to work on too.
We can sell this to anybody bro
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
nwanneni:
yea sure but it sucks power directly from the engine(by receiving torque needed to drive it by belt from the crankshaft) thereby sucking up some of that hp it produces and has an effect on fuel economy too angry unlike turbos.
But I agree with you on the ease of working on it.
So I noticed you are good with your hands.can you design a fully electric forced air induction system?
It will be great!no lag,no fuel economy nonsense,No sucking up hp and more efficient too and probably will be easy to work on too.
We can sell this to anybody bro
I would but I would need to do a lot of research and study. I have also thought of this too. Why haven't car manufacturers made it mainstream. Maybe they have thought of it but it might be too powerful to be run off a 12 volt battery. You might need a special large battery for it.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

I would but I would need to do a lot of research and study. I have also thought of this too. Why haven't car manufacturers made it mainstream. Maybe they have thought of it but it might be too powerful to be run off a 12 volt battery. You might need a special large battery for it.
why would we need a battery to power it when the alternating current producing alternator is there?just an honest question bro.
If this works the car would be on steroids I swear.i love huge hp cars and torque too cheesy
Take the corners like it's hot!! cheesy
We can link up bro.i can sponsor this wink
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Lucky4real28(m): 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lagos Nigeria
nwanneni:
where are You?holla if you dey phc
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Eddee(m): 12:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
nwanneni:
why would we need a battery to power it when the alternating current producing alternator is there?just an honest question bro.
If this works the car would be on steroids I swear.i love huge hp cars and torque too cheesy

That drift wer you dey find, I honestly pray say you no see am shocked
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Eddee:

lool.you know as we dey run am na grin
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by atiku07(m): 2:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
Justbright:
Take my car for routine maintainace today and to enter car start , d machine refused to start...it was later scanned and it shows electronic ignition switch and steeringlock...pls does anyone know how much dis will cost...d mevhanivk is charging me 300k and 135k for repair...pls help

some people wicked o ! why charge 300k for eis fix nawa o!
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
nwanneni:

Udi hills awaits your arrival. What I pray is make you drive wella, then at old age, make you retire peacefully.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
atiku07:

Na the Market price.
Eddee:

Baba Awfa? I don start Waka come o
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by atiku07(m): 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
kingreign:

Na the Market price.

brother which market price now highest say e cost this thing no suppose pas 100k tori olorun!

na car wey we dey use o! moreover he does not even need to change just a gentle fist tap under the steering will restore the shit na! well information is power joor ! and moreover been at the mechanic the mech guy may have forgotten the key on the ignition while working on the car e.g hiting the car with the key in can cause such problem, however just a fist tap like 3 times will reset the trash and the eis will recognise the key and the steering will unlock joor
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Eddee(m): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
kingreign:
Baba Awfa? I don start Waka come o
I full ground dey wait
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
atiku07:

brother which market price now highest say e cost this thing no suppose pas 100k tori olorun!

na car wey we dey use o! moreover he does not even need to change just a gentle fist tap under the steering will restore the shit na! well information is power joor ! and moreover been at the mechanic the mech guy may have forgotten the key on the ignition while working on the car e.g hiting the car with the key in can cause such problem, however just a fist tap like 3 times will reset the trash and the eis will recognise the key and the steering will unlock joor

Smiles... Till we cross that bridge
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Chelseafan1: 12:55am On Apr 23, 2019
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah the w204 is rife with steering lock problems. And it's too far gone. Once he noticed the steering was locked he should have used a small hammer to tap the lock. You would have to buy a new steering lock. There's no two ways about that.

Lol, this is preposterous tbh.

Abeg, what are the peculiar problems of the 2005 C230k, make I know now. Maybe this will be the first and last Benz I'll own.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2019
lol

you read things like this, then look at that Mercedes is overrated thread and the arguments therein

absolute horseshit.

steering lock fix is 300k, how much come be the whole engine/transmission? 1.5 million?

Good luck to una sha

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:53pm On Apr 23, 2019
4llerbuntu:
lol

you read things like this, then look at that Mercedes is overrated thread and the arguments therein

absolute horseshit.

steering lock fix is 300k, how much come be the whole engine/transmission? 1.5 million?

Good luck to una sha

Everyone who knows a single thing about cars knows that Mercedes is overrated. The gearheads who disagree are just hypocrites, or enjoy Mercs for reasons best known to them.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by CityNGR: 6:34pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Everyone who knows a single thing about cars knows that Mercedes is overrated. The gearheads who disagree are just hypocrites, or enjoy Mercs for reasons best known to them.
MYB. Mind Your Business.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by CityNGR: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
atiku07:

Not up to that. There are other ways to get it working

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by atiku07(m): 9:33pm On Apr 23, 2019
CityNGR:

Not up to that. There are other ways to get it working
may God bless u that is my point exactly why spend huge sums when there r work around
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Chelseafan1: 6:16am On Nov 05, 2021
kingreign:

It's a factory defect in W204. It happens whether your steering is turned or straight angry
I know of someone who was on a journey, came down stopped the car to urinate and gbam! E happened. embarassed

Bro, does this thing affect the 2009 C350 sports too? What's the solution please
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Chelseafan1: 6:17am On Nov 05, 2021
yes o.na the price
It happened to me twice angry angry in less than a month!
300k first one and second time na SARS I use go settle with the rewire that did it the first time
Total amounted to 450k cry
C350 2011(black devil wink )
Always straighten your tires when you park otherwise you go dance to the music of EIS lock cheesy

Wahala grin
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Chelseafan1:

Bro, does this thing affect the 2009 C350 sports too? What's the solution please
Yes.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by PAQ(m): 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
I had to just creep by this thread.... Benz boiz how una dey.... Make una park well o. Somethings are not written down in the owners manual.

After the benz breakdown for road na still uber Corolla go carry una go look for help then home to cry. Be greatful to every corolla u see on the road rather than opening one silly thread to insult Toyota/ Corolla when you are just cruising in a beautiful money pit! grin

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
PAQ:
I had to just creep by this thread.... Benz boiz how una dey.... Make una park well o. Somethings are not written down in the owners manual.

After the benz breakdown for road na still uber Corolla go carry una go look for help then home to cry. Be greatful to every corolla u see on the road rather than opening one silly thread to insult Toyota/ Corolla when you are just cruising in a beautiful money pit! grin

Chai!

1 Like

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by Cokahot: 7:29am On Nov 06, 2021
I suspect your mechanic is between 28 and 40. He is a thief. Ole. That was how my menachic said tokunbo ball joint is 20k,new one 40k. I just burst laff,delete him number. when I went to whr them dey sell am,toks is 3k for one part,while 12k for brand new pair. So my mechanic wants go cheat me of 8k,then will still charge me 2k workmanship. Change that mechanic fast. I hate thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by adanny01(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2021
yes o.na the price
It happened to me twice angry angry in less than a month!
300k first one and second time na SARS I use go settle with the rewire that did it the first time
Total amounted to 450k cry
C350 2011(black devil wink )
Always straighten your tires when you park otherwise you go dance to the music of EIS lock cheesy

Hmmmm, my old Honda is bliss.
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by eherbal(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2021
kingreign:

Oshey o tapping tapper, tapping the palm wine tapper with the tappest tapping tapper.

Well, what do I know sef!
we go disconnect airbag. undecided
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2021
eherbal:

sad
Re: Benz C300 4matic Eis And Streering Lock Problem by kingreign(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2021
eherbal:

You die like real men, no airbags! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Women Drive Sluggishly? / Plz Help Me On Transmission Issue (updated) / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.