Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,594 members, 7,861,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

Travel - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel (1909 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 12:35am On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Now i see how much u like me, u are a strange woman grin grin

what are you worried about? you are safe with me wink
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 12:40am On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

what are you worried about? you are safe with me wink

Hmmmm. . . u get bomb resistance in ur backside?
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 12:41am On Aug 21, 2010
Joel.:

justwise is midnight here, so got no time for yaaa,

Just get lost.
Re: Travel by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 21, 2010
Na wa o. This guy is struggling to be more canadian than the natural born canadians. I cant say how proud i am to announce that i'm nigerian. Everyone who meets me knows that after my name. Of course you're going to be asked where you were born, your intonation!
Re: Travel by Vicjustice: 1:23am On Aug 21, 2010
   Either of these two statements must be a false claim: so, is it here where you said you don't mind?
TheCongo:

I don’t mind to tell people my origin. However, I always sense a flavor of discrimination in this.
   Or here, where you admit you do take unnecessary offence?
TheCongo:

When someone is pushing further to inquire about my origin (after I had told them that I am Canadian), I always accusing them of trying to strip me off my Canadian Citizenship.

And beside the fact that you're black (which obviously is not the race of a native Canadian), you also admit that you have a foreign accent (which shows that you are not Canadian born). It is important to note that Canada is not like the United State in the sense that most black people in Canada are either migrants or their immediate parents are, and they do have strong links to countries in Africa that they recognise as home. But in the USA, most blacks have no ties to any country in Africa, not even their great grand fathers, and they speak with American accent, therefore, they are the rooted Americans. You are not alone in this, most Africans actually do not fancy white people asking them after their country of origin.
   Now, let's also put aside the whites in Canada and consider the generational African/Americans in the United States; these black people would also want to know where you are from the moment they realise that you have a foreign accent even though you have American passport. Your attitude toward this question is due to the state of your mind which reflects the fact that you entertain inferiority complex which creates the strong desire to belong, the same desire that has urged you into the Canadian military: i hope they don't include you in the next badge of troops heading for Afghanistan or Iraq.
@ Topic, get some facts from this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U594N3AottE
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2010
Vicjustice:

And beside the fact that you're black (which obviously is not the race of a native Canadian), you also admit that you have a foreign accent (which shows that you are not Canadian born). It is important to note that Canada is not like the United State in the sense that most black people in Canada are either migrants or their immediate parents are, and they do have strong links to countries in Africa that they recognise as home. But in the USA, most blacks have no ties to any country in Africa, not even their great grand fathers, and they speak with American accent, therefore, they are the rooted Americans. You are not alone in this, most Africans actually do not fancy white people asking them after their country of origin.

Now, let's also put aside the whites in Canada and consider the generational African/Americans in the United States; these black people would also want to know where you are from the moment they realise that you have a foreign accent even though you have American passport.

Your attitude toward this question is due to the state of your mind which reflects the fact that you entertain inferiority complex which creates the strong desire to belong, the same desire that has urged you into the Canadian military: i hope they don't include you in the next badge of troops heading for Afghanistan or Iraq.

vicjustice, well said kiss kiss smiley

for the first time in 3years, i agree totally with your post grin grin grin
this calls for celebration grin
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 10:27am On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Hmmmm. . . u get bomb resistance in your backside?

yelz! smiley
i repeat: you are safe with me wink
Re: Travel by yme1(f): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2010
congosian Man!!!!!!
you should be lucky you are opportuned to be there

but wait o what is the congo man sign you drop at every post of yours for?
i think you should be proud of being a congo Man there in canada just the way you are proud of it here in NL wink
Re: Travel by Joel3(m): 1:05pm On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Just get lost.
Justwise,

I can see you are a one big fool/idiot/retarded, a mature one for that matter.

Washing dishes in the Uk restaurant and you are proud big time as the chief officer executive immigrant in charges of the entire dish washer in entire united kingdom. You inherited that from you four four fathers. Been the only professional job in the entire family of yours. And still you cannot feed yourself. Get a good life. You low life monkey.

Stupid, I am out. Anymore you received more.
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 1:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
Joel.:

Justwise,
I can see you are a one big fool//retarded, a mature one for that matter.
Washing dishes in the Uk restaurant and you are proud big time as the chief officer executive immigrant in charges of the entire dish washer in entire united kingdom. You inherited that from you four four fathers. Been the only professional job in the entire family of yours. And still you cannot feed yourself. Get a good life. You low life monkey.
silly, I am out. Anymore you received more.

Do you really understand what u just written above? Read it again, make the necessary corrections and paste it back.
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Do you really understand what u just written above? R[b]ead it again, make the necessary corrections and paste it back[/b].

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

grin grin grin grin grin

Are we still meeting at that restaurant in Iraq? Still waiting for my bulletproof jacket grin grin grin
Re: Travel by funkybaby(f): 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Are we still meeting at that restaurant in Iraq?

i thought we settled for pakistan

justwise:

Still waiting for my bulletproof jacket grin grin grin

your postcode pleaseeeee grin
so i can send it: first class recorded smiley
Re: Travel by Hotstepper(f): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
Stop Over-reacting as it is a common question in this Western Countries and plz it is not just being asked only to the people of Colour. If you live in a multi-cultural city like Toronto, it's something that is common. I have over the past tried to make people understand that I am Nigerian nd proud of it and not from St. Vincent they tag me. B/w, they know u r Canadian like alot of people are but they r more interested to know your background nd I do not see anything wrong with that. I think your mind is all covered up with racisim so plz free yourself from that.
Re: Travel by OmoAlata(f): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
justwise:

Do you really understand what u just written above? Read it again, make the necessary corrections and paste it back.

I understand it  grin

Joel.:

Justwise,

You inherited that from you four four fathers. Been the only professional job in the entire family of yours.

You've got four fathers
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2010
funkybaby:

i thought we settled for pakistan

your postcode pleaseeeee grin
so i can send it: first class recorded smiley

10 Downing Street,
London,
SW1A 2AA
Re: Travel by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2010
Omo Alata:

[b]I understand it grin[/b]You've got four fathers

I know you will.
Re: Travel by Vicjustice: 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2010
funkybaby:

vicjustice, well said kiss kiss smiley

for the first time in 3years, i agree totally with your post grin grin grin
this calls for celebration grin
   I don't accept that this is the first time in 3 years that you agree totally with my post because, i know that the resentments you had against me was strong enough to make you strike nuclear virus into my computer, therefore, you detested my every post with passion even before reading them.
   I hope the words in bold are correct smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello House..please Am In URGENT Need Of Egypt Visa / For Those Looking To Japa- You Need To See This / Young Nigerian Muslims In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.