Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,761 members, 7,955,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:09 PM

Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now (1014 Views)

Polar Vortex: Breathtaking Photos Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Now / 20 Most Insanely Overloaded Vehicles You Will Ever See On Road / Shocking Photos That Shows How Insanely Crowded China Has Becomes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 06, 2019
The polar votex is a band of strong winds, high up in the atmosphere that keeps bitterly cold air locked around the Arctic region. Sometimes, like this year, it can drift further south than usual and envelop highly populated areas of North America. Chigaco has been particularly hard hit, with its notoriously windy location on Lake Michigan bringing wind-chill temperatures down to record-breaking lows.

Here are some of the photos below:
Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/02/photos-that-shows-how-insanely-cold-it.html?m=1

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 06, 2019
More photos

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 06, 2019

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by daddytime(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2019
Winter tie wrapper plus gele

2 Likes

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 06, 2019
lie gringringringringringrin
Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 8:44am On Feb 06, 2019
Still won't make me come back to Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by Ofemmanu1: 8:46am On Feb 06, 2019
Where heat wan kill pple for Kogi state?
I thinks there should be a Cold-heat migration where the pple in colder region will migrate to temperate region and vice versa for 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by StrawberryGloss(f): 8:49am On Feb 06, 2019
As much as Nigerians abroad complain about cold none ever come back cause of it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by thesicilian: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2019
Yet they still keep screaming global warming.
Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by Davash222(m): 9:02am On Feb 06, 2019
Meanwhile, somewhere in Dubai.

2 Likes

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by pacespot(m): 9:40am On Feb 06, 2019
StrawberryGloss:
As much as Nigerians abroad complain about cold none ever come back cause of it

That is right, human body is naturally built to withstand cold, unless you are sick. You can create a fireplace in your home to contain excessive cold, or where tick cloths going outside. The good side of the cold environment is that it allows you to exercise your human capacity to the best. I think best working in a cool environment or in the morning because of fresh air. During harmattan, I will not need to be inside air conditioner to lower my body temperature which allows me to exercise my human capacity to the optimal level.

Cold is also known to kill many insects that are harmful to human health like mosquitoes, which is why people in the temperate regions don't fall victim of malaria diseases that could cause their productivity level to decrease. Malaria is a major cause of poverty in Africa. The warm temperate of our weather allows such parasites to grow and spread quickly. That is why people from the northern parts of Nigeria are prone to all kinds of diseases because of heat.

1 Like

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by IamPlato(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2019
You Just De Post Pictures, no Explanation for Pictures We Dont understand. Mtcheeew! Abeg Make Una Leave This Job For Explorers And Royalblak007

2 Likes

Re: Photos That Shows How Insanely Cold It Is In America Right Now by StrawberryGloss(f): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
pacespot:

That is right, human body is naturally built to withstand cold, unless you are sick. You can create a fireplace in your home to contain excessive cold, or where tick cloths going outside. The good side of the cold environment is that it allows you to exercise your human capacity to the best. I think best working in a cool environment or in the morning because of fresh air. During harmattan, I will not need to be inside air conditioner to lower my body temperature which allows me to exercise my human capacity to the optimal level.

Cold is also known to kill many insects that are harmful to human health like mosquitoes, which is why people in the temperate regions don't fall victim of malaria diseases that could cause their productivity level to decrease. Malaria is a major cause of poverty in Africa. The warm temperate of our weather allows such parasites to grow and spread quickly. That is why people from the northern parts of Nigeria are prone to all kinds of diseases because of heat.
Hmm thanks for the info

(1) (Reply)

General Trinidad And Tobago Student Visa Thread / Does European Embassy Have The Jurisdiction To Check Embassies You've Applied T / Update!! My Girlfriend Does Not Want Me To Travel With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.