Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,945 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo (5314 Views)

Abuja Private School Owners Reject Wike’s Fee Hike / Should Religious Differences In Schools Be Tolerated? / At What Age Should Children Be Exposed To Religious Views? (national Discourse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Learnstuffs: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
In an alternate world with people like me, there will be no rejection because there will be no religion. angry
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by farem: 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mophasa:
A secondary school,Jewels learning lights academy in the federal capital territory,FCT ,Abuja has rejected a youth corp member due to his faith.

The christian school rejected the muslim corper so he can practice his religion "freely".

Here is a letter from the school;

Is this right or wrong??

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2019/02/school-rejects-corper-due-to-his.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

So what does op want to achieve by this? If it were the other hand, sword must have been applied to command conversion.

2 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Roon9(m): 7:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
ikennamadu1:

You are talking rubbish.... absolute rubbish... goto zamfara and see for yourself... it’s only in katsina that Christians do teach in Muslim schools ...

Don't mind him.. Even in katsina, as a christian Corper you are treated like a second class citizen. I stopped going to class and the principal didn't care.

2 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by footprint17(m): 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mophasa:
A secondary school,Jewels learning lights academy in the federal capital territory,FCT ,Abuja has rejected a youth corp member due to his faith.

The christian school rejected the muslim corper so he can practice his religion "freely".

Is this right or wrong??

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Its not just a school but a christian school......
They may want to bring up thier kids in a certain way.......which i support but come to think of it, can a christian teach in an islamic school?

2 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Daeylar(f): 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Lol. They have seen the "hijab not wearing hijab" drama that Muslims girls and their parents are fond of starting in Christian schools. So their new motto is, better safe than sorry, They don't want any drama from any Muslim at all.

1 Like

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by iceboy4752(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
If it were to be a Christian that was rejected by Muslims they would have picked fault in it. But now they are saying it is completely okay. Some people are godamn hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by tonymyke4life(m): 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mophasa:

Is this right or wrong??

May ur plan not work! May u b put to shame. U r a big liar and an illiterate. At least u wud av edited d date. Shioor! And those wu r supporting his claims to do well to verify d news b4 commenting. This jobless youth brought in a letter from 2014 to d year 2019. What do u think his aim was. Cheap popularity. Nonsense. U irritate me angry

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by DONADAMS(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
hmmmmm..I'm a Muslim.. buh kudos to the school for being honest...although it's somehow wrong but I don't blame the.
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by tonymyke4life(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mophasa:

Is this right or wrong??

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by tonymyke4life(m): 9:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mophasa:

Is this right or wrong??

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

May ur plan not work! May u b put to shame. U r a big liar and an illiterate. At least u wud av edited d date. Shioor! And those wu r supporting his claims to do well to verify d news b4 commenting. This jobless youth brought in a letter from 2014 to d year 2019. What do u think his aim was. Cheap popularity. Nonsense. U irritate me angry

1 Like

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Aremson14(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
After they start asking why Nigeria is not making any progress
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by CanineOfJackal: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
flyca:
Wonderful!
The school is being on the look-out, proactive!
Before he will go there and start forcing the girls to wear hijab to his classes. We know them tongue
He should re-apply to another school.
disappointed with this your post. You have finally joined bad gang grin
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by 2dillu2(m): 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
fuckerstard:
No big deal, free country!
no big deal because a muslim is the victim abi what if an Islamic school does same in kano will you shout free country? Bloody hypocrite
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by 2dillu2(m): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2019
Mikora:
Nigeria is secular state
yes because a muslim man is the victim abi? Hypocrite
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by hahn(m): 12:21am On Feb 07, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
RELIGION... UTTER NONSENSE.
CAUSING DAMAGES AND DISUNITY AMONG HUMANS IS THE ONLY THING IT DOES.

Later they will talk about "live and let live", " religious tolerance", "persecution" and how their religion promotes love and tolerance

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 07, 2019
2dillu2:
no big deal because a muslim is the victim abi what if an Islamic school does same in kano will you shout free country? Bloody hypocrite

Still free country, it's happening on both end. ignoramus like you won't know.

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Kratospaul: 2:12am On Feb 07, 2019
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Prostitute: 4:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
I was rejected in the northern part automatically during mine because they assumed I'm a Christian. I didn't even mention my religion to them cox my first three names are Yoruba names.

The Muslims started the rejection of Christian coppers long before any Christians did and besides, who knows if it was the copper concerned that asked for REJECTION because he doesn't want his Place of primary assignment to be a Christian school?

Most Muslim coppers female doesn't wanna serve in a Christian state they will rather redeploy.
what is copper and coppers you're talking about? You did Nysc for real..... Na Corpers no be coppers abeg
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by UncleJudax(m): 6:47am On Feb 07, 2019
nanakgh:
Might be a bit more to the story, maybe he wanted to pray all five times even during work hours, in which case the school would be justified in rejecting him.

If however he was rejected on the sole reason that he's Muslim, though his being Muslim doesn't affect his work in anyway, then that'd be an infringement on his right to association and religious freedoms. People should remember in a secular state it helps to keep your religion in your house and in your heart.
Nigeria is a secular state on paper. All the alcohol that is regularly destroyed in the north is a clear example.

Meanwhile, this rejection happened in 2014, nairaland too like religious and ethnic division..
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Aegerine: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2019
farem:

So what does op want to achieve by this? If it were the other hand, sword must have been applied to command conversion.

We don't apply sword in Islam to command conversion. Christianity preached that. Go through your bible from Genesis to revelation to ascertain that.

"Mine is for me, yours is for you" is the clear message of Islam.

I don't like argument. Thanks
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Ayobami7(m): 8:35am On Feb 07, 2019
Na wa o
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 07, 2019
Mophasa:

Is this right or wrong??

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Well they may have the right to accept or reject corp member but I think this is wrong. The whole essence of having Nysc is defeated should the Zonal Inspector approves such letter. Infact no corp member should be posted to that school whether Christian, atheist, pagan, traditional or Muslim.
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2019
Aegerine:

We don't apply sword in Islam to command conversion. Christianity preached that. Go through your bible from Genesis to revelation to ascertain that.

"Mine is for me, yours is for you" is the clear message of Islam.

I don't like argument. Thanks
It is either you are ignorant or you don't understand what sword mean in the Christian faith. Please research well next time
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2019
nanakgh:
Might be a bit more to the story, maybe he wanted to pray all five times even during work hours, in which case the school would be justified in rejecting him.

If however he was rejected on the sole reason that he's Muslim, though his being Muslim doesn't affect his work in anyway, then that'd be an infringement on his right to association and religious freedoms. People should remember in a secular state it helps to keep your religion in your house and in your heart.
How many minutes do Muslims spend to prayer if that is the main reason for rejection?.
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
I was rejected in the northern part automatically during mine because they assumed I'm a Christian. I didn't even mention my religion to them cox my first three names are Yoruba names.

The Muslims started the rejection of Christian coppers long before any Christians did and besides, who knows if it was the copper concerned that asked for REJECTION because he doesn't want his Place of primary assignment to be a Christian school?

Most Muslim coppers female doesn't wanna serve in a Christian state they will rather redeploy.
This has got to stop. Muslim and Christian corp members should serve anywhere they are posted to provided they are not endangered. No organization should reject any corp member based on religion hence such organization should be sanctioned or banned from receiving corp members.
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Aegerine: 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
asuustrike1:

It is either you are ignorant or you don't understand what sword mean in the Christian faith. Please research well next time

That is always usual line. "You can only understand by the spirit" slogan. I am glad that you admitted the concept of sword in christianity. Whatever the heck it means, it does not translate to mean peace
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
Aegerine:

That is always usual line. "You can only understand by the spirit" slogan. I am glad that you admitted the concept of sword in christianity. Whatever the heck it means, it does not translate to mean peace
Neither does it translate to violence

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Result 2019/2020 Checker – Check JAMB Result For 2019 UTME / Prostitution Rebranded To "Hook Up" Amongst Nigerian Students (Opinion) / Ongoing Uniben Students Protest: See The Funny Placard A Student Brought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.