Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,315 members, 7,957,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:19 PM

What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. (380 Views)

Unforgettable Definition You Learnt In Secondary School / Narrate The Most Dangerous Thing You Did In Secondary School / What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. by Brodagovernor(m): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2019
Have you ever been in a situation where you were rescued by the suggestion or action of a kid. Sometimes, as experienced as we are, we find ourselves being corrected or guided by the little kids.
Mine was about 15 years ago. I took up a teaching job immediately I graduated from secondary school. I was teaching subtraction of mixed fraction in primary 4 or 5. I got to a point where after subtracting the whole numbers, finding the LCM, diving it by denominator of each fraction, and multiplying by their respective numerator, the first value of the numerator was smaller than the second value. For that moment, I was lost. I don't know if I forgot what to do or was never taught that part. However, before I fumbled, a boy raised up his hand and said, "uncle I! I!!, I know what to do". "We borrow 1 from the whole number, convert it to the value of the LCM" , he continues". "We add it to the smaller numerator value..." he added. Gbam! that was it.
Share your experience maybe someone can learn something from it.
Re: What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. by Vulcanheph(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2019
Last year I met a kid(about 7 years old) who told me he has watched PETER PAN and when I told him that the reason why Peter's friends could fly is because of FAIRY DUST he quickly corrected me and told me that it's PIXIE DUST....and the boy's mom laughed at me and told me that I've been an adult for too long that I've forgotten many things from childhood.....Needless to say that I was a bit embarrassed because many people were around.
Re: What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. by Vulcanheph(m): 11:06am On Feb 06, 2019
Last year I met a kid(about 7 years old) who told me he has watched PETER PAN and when I told him that the reason why Peter's friends could fly is because of FAIRY DUST he quickly corrected me and told me that it's PIXIE DUST....and the boy's mom laughed at me and told me that I've been an adult for too long that I've forgotten many things from childhood.....Needless to say that I was a bit embarrassed because many people were around.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. by christejames(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2019
Here to read comments
Re: What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. by Brodagovernor(m): 10:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
Vulcanheph:
Last year I met a kid(about 7 years old) who told me he has watched PETER PAN and when I told him that the reason why Peter's friends could fly is because of FAIRY DUST he quickly corrected me and told me that it's PIXIE DUST....and the boy's mom laughed at me and told me that I've been an adult for too long that I've forgotten many things from childhood.....Needless to say that I was a bit embarrassed because many people were around.[color=#000099][/color]
Most children are amazingly smart. It's just so disheartening what society eventually turn some of them to in their adulthood.
Re: What Is That Thing You Learnt From A Little Kid. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
I learnt how to walk as a little kid.

After that experience our pot of soup always had something missing

(1) (Reply)

Bauchi State University Academic Calendar 2018/2019 Session Is Out / WAEC Said My Gce(2016)certificate Not Ready. Is That Possible, / 2019 UTME: JAMB Reschedules Printing Of Exam Slips To April 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.