Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? (41869 Views)

MASSOB Knocks FG Over Eastern Railway Project Cancellation / Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by GistFullGround: 2:34am On Feb 07, 2019
olujastro:
Forget long story. I watched the ground breaking ceremony by Osinbajo live on TV sometime in March 2017.
This govt started this project and paid the 15% counterpart funding. They have also paid for the trains.

But if your source is Peter Obi or Kola Ologbodinyan or Vanguard newspaper, then PDP started it and even paid for the project 100%. After all the same Vanguard carried fake headlines of $1 = 1N wey Baba no promise. cheesy
Also GEJ commissioned the 2nd Niger Bridge, however on paper. Ask them to show you the bridge and they'll show you pictures of Loko - Oweto Bridge. grin

Anyways, I and my 39 family members are going to the #NextLevel of Infrastructural development in Nigeria.
4+4

If a contract wasn't awarded and signed and the contractors didn't move to the site, how then will there be groundbreaking?

Some Nigerians are too gullible because they reason with their anus

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by deomelo: 3:48am On Feb 07, 2019
GistFullGround:

If a contract wasn't awarded and signed and the contractors didn't move to the site, how then will there be groundbreaking?

Some Nigerians are too gullible because they reason with their anus

The contract for the 2,733km new Lagos-Kano rail was first awarded by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2006 at a cost of $8.3bn to the Chinese company (CCECC) but could not be executed due to paucity of funds.

OBJ awarded the first contract in 2006 but abandoned the project because he refused to pay for the project

It was re-awarded to the same contractor by the Goodluck Jonathan administration in 2012 for execution in six phases, starting with the Lagos-Ibadan stretch.

GEJ rewarded the contract but as usual, he refused to start or follow through with financing and as usual per the PDP culture of abandoning projects, he abandoned the project even though he earned more money than the previous administrations and could have financed the project without borrowing from China.

The federal government and the CCECC in 2017 signed the contract for the construction of the Lagos-Ibadan and Calabar-Port Harcourt rail lines after the two parties agreed to cut down the total cost for the projects from $11.917bn to $11.117bn.

https://www.legit.ng/1147664-lagos-ibadan-rail-the-journey-far.html

The first contract was awarded by OBJ over 13 years ago, but the useless looting and stealing people did not lift a finger to start the project.

Fast forward to PMB, Amaechi renegotiated and rewarded the contract for lest that what the looting PDP negotiated, we broke ground and finished the project in less than 2 years.

Now, what contract are you talking about? The 13-year-old contract that was abandoned or the one Amaechi negotiated and awarded in2017.

You are wrong, this contract was awarded by PMB and started and completed by PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by deomelo: 3:51am On Feb 07, 2019
Do you know what's sad about the looting and stealing PDP incompetence and handling of this project, GEJ stole $2.7 billion and gave it to DASUKI/ATM to share with his cronies like Fayose, FFK, Metuh and others, that $2.8 billion could have built 2, I mean 2 Lagos Ibadan Railway without borrowing 1 kobo from China.

Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by oklandlo: 5:41am On Feb 07, 2019
So you signed an MOU since 2012 and Jonathan was Voted out in 2015 and thats 3years interval and nothing was done on the Project.
And as you can see APC started the project in 2017 and in 2019 they beyond Abeokuta within 2years of the Commencemnt of the Project.
With this,that means that by now according to the PDP they would have gotting to Kano State by now.
But never.
PDP that raised #27b for their Secretariat of #13b please have they finished it for over 13years of their 16 years of their MalAdministration ?
PDP and what they stood for are all criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by oklandlo: 5:46am On Feb 07, 2019
Dpharisee:

A Vote for APC ISN'T a Vote for Buhari

By Prof. Farooq Kperogi

A vote for APC in the coming presidential election won't be a vote for Buhari; it would be a vote for an evil, greedy, corrupt, provincial, and reactionary cabal made up of Mamman Daura, Abba Kyari, Isa Funtua and their minions who are currently perpetrating a stratospheric theft of the nation's resources in ways that would make an angel of Abacha. President Buhari is an insentient human vegetable who is barely aware of his own existence.

As much I disdain Vice President Osinbajo's predilection for barefaced lying and annoying rhetorical legerdemain, if he would truly stand in for Buhari while he tends to his irreversibly declining health, I would be comfortable. But Osinbajo is worse than a figurehead VP. The cabal habitually humiliates him to his face and denudes him of any real powers. Every time Buhari handed over power to him when he traveled to London, the Villa always became a tumultuous, feuding house.

When former DSS boss Daura instructed his men to invade the National Assembly, Osinbajo was not in on the decision, even though he was the "acting" president. When he inquired why he was not consulted, he was insulted and humiliated by members of the cabal. He fired Daura in exasperation. But the man is practically back. He nominated the current DG and is actually the man who still runs the DSS. Every decision VP Osinbajo took when Buhari was away has been reversed or vitiated upon Buhari's return. Check the records.

This would be worse in a Buhari second term when the cabal no longer needs to pretend in order to earn the goodwill of the Southwest. The dissension between the cabal and the southwest political establishment led by Tinubu and Osinbajo would reach a feverish pitch. A degenerative, vegetative Buhari would be oblivious, and the nation would burn to the ground. You need no oracular powers to know that this would happen. At that point, Tinubu's minions in the media and civil society organizations would start barking and tarring all northerners with the same brush. I am waiting for them. Save this post somewhere in case Buhari is rigged back to power.

Mr Man, this Prof is from Okuta in Kwara state,his Saraki right hand man,so forget him.
When Saraki when to his place at Okuta in Baronteen Local Government of Kwara state the shout of Ole Ole rents the Cloud.
So forget the man please.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by runthingd(m): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2019
ashacot:
sai baba
You are claiming to be Mazi but you failed to spell your Isee well and you spelt Sai baba correctly. Atiku matter dey give you heart Attack?
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by calberian: 6:59am On Feb 07, 2019
abc115:

Why no link on when the project actually started in 2017. The flagged off by Osibanjo in 2017.
You said Started in your title and talking of MOUs without even mentioning when the project actually started. Is MOU actual implementation of Project?If so, Why dont you mention Obasanjo that did MOU in 2006 and did ground breaking on the project?

When you see a long post and decide to quote the whole doggone piece, what is really going on inside of you?

If you post your comment without quoting the original post, what will happen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by Afritop(m): 7:02am On Feb 07, 2019
PDP was given a target of 36 months to complete the project but though they are started it, they procrastinated with time. APC ought to complete the project within 36 months or less given the amount of work done and left over by GEJ Administration to show you how serious they are. Yet they could not also deliver within that time frame. However their attitude towards this project has been noteworthy and commendable unlike the previous government.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by somehow: 7:34am On Feb 07, 2019
Tinubu and Fashola are in the same party, not same with Jonathan and Buhari. Buhari could have also cancelled the MOU just as Yaradua (same party with OBJ) did with the MOU signed by OBJ.

But here you have it

https://www.chronicle.ng/2017/03/22/nigeria-awards-1-79bn-railway-contract-ccecc/
https://thewhistler.ng/amaechi-china-sign-mou-for-construction-of-lagos-ibadan-calabar-ph-rail/
izzou:

If you can show me where Buhari re-initiated the project again, or re-signed a new contract with CCECC, I'll have no choice than to apologize and accept my mistake

As long as he continued with what was signed in 2012, it was Jonathan that started it

The same way we attribute BRT as Tinubu's plan even though it never existed since 2003
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by izzou(m): 7:50am On Feb 07, 2019
Jaideyone:
yes Jonathan started it on paper and left physical progress at 0%

clap for yourself illiterate

Okay

Buhari didn't sign anything, started the project and finished it

I hope this massages your ego cool
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by izzou(m): 7:56am On Feb 07, 2019
somehow:
Tinubu and Fashola are in the same party, not same with Jonathan and Buhari. Buhari could have also cancelled the MOU just as Yaradua (same party with OBJ) did with the MOU signed by OBJ.

But here you have it

https://www.chronicle.ng/2017/03/22/nigeria-awards-1-79bn-railway-contract-ccecc/
https://thewhistler.ng/amaechi-china-sign-mou-for-construction-of-lagos-ibadan-calabar-ph-rail/

So if the PH rail is constructed in 2027 , by let's say another party, will it be wrong to say Amaechi started it?
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by seunmsg(m): 8:06am On Feb 07, 2019
jmaine:

Stop trying to use a false analogy... The contract GEJ signed was to cover two sections which were
1=The Lagos Ibadan Rail
2)The Kaduna - Abuja Rail...

And he elected to start with the Section 2 aspect first which was constructed to about 80% before PMB took over and did the finishing.

So saying he deliberately refused to construct it is a lie. We don't have infinite resources to simultaneously handle mega projects easily.

All these grammar are unnecessary. The facts are clear, Jonathan signed an agreement that was never implemented as far as the Lagos - Ibadan Rail line is concerned. Buhari came in, cancelled the agreement and renegotiated another one. Counterpart funding for the renegotiated contract was fully paid and the project is now a reality. Nigerians are happy and Buhari takes all the credit. Period.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by jmaine: 8:09am On Feb 07, 2019
seunmsg:

All these grammar are unnecessary. The facts are clear, Jonathan signed an agreement that was never implemented as far as the Lagos - Ibadan Rail line is concerned. Buhari came in, cancelled the agreement and renegotiated another one. Counterpart funding for the renegotiated contract was fully paid and the project is now a reality. Nigerians are happy and Buhari takes all the credit. Period.

What you call grammar are facts and facts are sacred. You can't come online and say GEJ refused to pay for a project.

Case closed.
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by Jaideyone(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2019
izzou:

Okay

Buhari didn't sign anything, started the project and finished it

I hope this massages your ego cool
yes I've drawn a rail line from my backyard here in Lagos to Washington DC. it is my achievement even though I don't have 1naira to pay for it. pls clap for me

illiterate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by AnyoneButAtiku: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2019
izzou:

If you can show me where Buhari re-initiated the project again, or re-signed a new contract with CCECC, I'll have no choice than to apologize and accept my mistake

As long as he continued with what was signed in 2012, it was Jonathan that started it

The same way we attribute BRT as Tinubu's plan even though it never existed since 2003[/b]

This one easy nah cheesy

The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, who signed on behalf of the Federal Government, had said the cost reduction for the projects was achieved after the contract was renegotiated by both parties.

“The contract was awarded by the regime of former President Goodluck Jonathan for $11.917bn. When we took over at the ministry, we renegotiated with the CCECC and we succeeded in reducing the contract sum from $11.917bn to $11.117bn and we are able to save $800m after the renegotiation,” he had explained.

Amaechi also said the projects should be completed in two years, adding that the railways would be connected to the seaports.
Source: https://punchng.com/n458bn-lagos-ibadan-new-rail-project-begin-feb

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by AnyoneButAtiku: 8:48am On Feb 07, 2019
netpro:
@AutoReportNG here is my little advice to you:
Please don't destroy your young brand with the shamelessness of the PDP. Even if you are a PDP sympathizer, kindly find a new handle for that.

In 10 days Atiku will be defeated and his IPOB supporters can go back to screaming Zoooooo all the way to Jupiter.

The jury is currently out on his nascent brand bah cool

The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, who signed on behalf of the Federal Government, had said the cost reduction for the projects was achieved after the contract was renegotiated by both parties.

“The contract was awarded by the regime of former President Goodluck Jonathan for $11.917bn. When we took over at the ministry, we renegotiated with the CCECC and we succeeded in reducing the contract sum from $11.917bn to $11.117bn and we are able to save $800m after the renegotiation,” he had explained.

Amaechi also said the projects should be completed in two years, adding that the railways would be connected to the seaports.
Source: https://punchng.com/n458bn-lagos-ibadan-new-rail-project-begin-feb

Say no to #AtikulooterCONtinua
Say no to #Lootocrats

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by Biodun556(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2019
seunmsg:
President Obasanjo actually initiated the project. He signed a mou with the Chinese but Yar’adua cancelled the deal. Jonathan subsequently signed another agreement with the Chinese but refused to pay the necessary counterpart funds to enable the commencement of the project. The Buhari administration paid the counterpart funds fully and started the project.

May God bless you.
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by Biodun556(m): 8:50am On Feb 07, 2019
seunmsg:

Good
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by fasterwell(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2019
porka:

This is false.

Stop 'educating' people on what you don't know.

Obasanjo's rail projects were all standard gauge. No single narrow gauge among them. The recently commissioned Kaduna-Abuja was one of the projects and it is a standard gauge.

The British already built the existing narrow gauge, why would Obasanjo be building another narrow gauge again 100 years after?

Yaradua's excuse was the funding. They were to partly debt finance (loan from China Exim Bank) and partly paid with crude oil. His motive remain unknown.

He said the arrangement did not follow the 'rule of law'. Many people applauded him then because of their rabid hatred for Obasanjo. The popular opinion then was that he was ''dealing" with Obasanjo, to the admiration of a lot people.

Save urself from ignorance cause i can't waste my time trying to save u

Read here

https://www.thecable.ng/fact-check-obasanjo-jonathan-buhariwhose-is-the-abuja-kaduna-rail-line
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by omoharry(f): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2019
olujastro:
Forget long story. I watched the ground breaking ceremony by Osinbajo live on TV sometime in March 2017.
This govt started this project and paid the 15% counterpart funding. They have also paid for the trains.

But if your source is Peter Obi or Kola Ologbodinyan or Vanguard newspaper, then PDP started it and even paid for the project 100%. After all the same Vanguard carried fake headlines of $1 = 1N wey Baba no promise. cheesy
Also GEJ commissioned the 2nd Niger Bridge, however on paper. Ask them to show you the bridge and they'll show you pictures of Loko - Oweto Bridge. grin

Anyways, I and my 39 family members are going to the #NextLevel of Infrastructural development in Nigeria.
4+4
For a president that has dementia?. You will end up voting for the cabals..just know that..The only good thing i like about the APC regime is their continuity policy which the PDP lack...if the PDP had continued project from past administration, this country would have gone far...However, i cannot risk my life and safety at the hand of a man that has dementia has a result of old age( who do will run and cry to for protection when the Fulani herdsmen finally comes with a full forces for our heads?..nobody becos the president is not aware of his surrounding anymore...So good luck to you and your next level.I am either voting for Moghalu or an Atiku( becos he has the muscle to unseat Buhari unlike the Moghalu)
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by somehow: 11:17am On Feb 07, 2019
If the physical construction starts during this dispensation which has already started, then Buhari did (Not Ameachi) or was Jonathan the minister of transport?
izzou:

So if the PH rail is constructed in 2027 , by let's say another party, will it be wrong to say Amaechi started it?
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by thegloor: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2019
989900:

You don't quite get it.

just tell me to explain for you since you can't understand, like president like supporter
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by 989900: 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2019
[quote author=thegloor post=75544920]

[s]just tell me to explain for you since you can't understand, like president like supporter[[/s]/quote]
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by softandmoist(f): 3:35am On Feb 10, 2019
fasterwell:

Before u ignorantly praise Jonathan for this project, let me lecture u briefly

Rail system in Nigeria was originally initiated and designed by OBJ but due to lack of funds he changed it from standard guage to narrow guage.

But when Yar'Adua took over he ordered the review of the project and insisted that it must be a standard guage. That review was concluded in late 2009 when he was sick.

When Jonathan took over in 2010, everything concerning the design was ready and all that was expected of him was to approve it and award it for work to commen e 9

Bros please I need your help with a NIPOST issue. Thanks.
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by fasterwell(m): 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
softandmoist:

Bros please I need your help with a NIPOST issue. Thanks.
What's the problem?
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by softandmoist(f): 1:35pm On Feb 10, 2019
fasterwell:

What's the problem?

Thanks for your response.
My academic transcript from Kogi State university was sent 22nd January to Regina, Canada. The tracking number is RR051734867NG. The school hasn't received it. My admission is about to be cancelled as the deadline is almost up. Please help me in any way you can.
All the trackers I used only show that the item was dropped at the post office. No news of where it is or if it has been left Nigeria.
Thank you.
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by fasterwell(m): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2019
softandmoist:

My academic transcript from Kogi State university was sent 22nd January to Regina, Canada. The tracking number is RR051734867NG. The school hasn't received it. My admission is about to be cancelled as the deadline is almost up. Please help me in any way you can.
All the trackers I used only show that the item was dropped at the post office. No news of where it is or if it has been left Nigeria.
Thank you.

Hmmmm
I am sure its not up to 14 or 21 working days.

Have u tried tracking it?
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by fasterwell(m): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
softandmoist:

Thank you.
Just tracked it via the link below and showed that ur docs are still in Kogi

www.ips.nipost.gov.ng/ipswebtracking/

Why didn't sent it earlier?
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by softandmoist(f): 2:20pm On Feb 10, 2019
fasterwell:

Jesus!
Still in Kogi?
I paid for the transcript in November, they said they'd sent it. Jesus. My own is finished.
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by softandmoist(f): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2019
fasterwell:

Please what do you think I can do?
As it is my own is almost finished except it gets here this week.
School fees, text books and plenty studying efforts about to go down the drain.
I can't stop crying right now.
Re: Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? by fasterwell(m): 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
softandmoist:

Jesus!
Still in Kogi?
I paid for the transcript in November, they said they'd sent it. Jesus. My own is finished.

My dear this Nigeria oh
Ur docs are still in the office where it was collected from the sender.

U could have sent it via dhl due to the urgency cos Nigeria or Nipost is a joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 PDP Governors In Buhari’s Team To Cameroon / Certificate Forgery: Senate Says They Can't Sack Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo / Patience Jonathan With Some Politicians In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.