Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,629 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m (32711 Views)

26-year-old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Allegedly Duping Woman Of N31m / RRS Arrests Five "Awawa Boys" (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by PotatoSalad(m): 8:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Carlyboi:
Who is recovering the ones in the hands of Tinubu,Akpabio,Ganduje,Ekweremadu,David Mark,Atiku,Saraki etc let those boys enjoy their loots in place na them head do am for them snitch bank even tho dem dumb small you collect 63m at once haha
Fool

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
I knew someone from the potopoto land most be there. It's in their DNA

It's a shame while hustling is in the DNA of people from potopto land, stupidity and ignorance intertwined with illiteracy is in the DNA of most Northern youths called Abokiis.

SAY NO TO CRIME
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by ejimatic: 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Victni:
From Gistvic.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal Office, has arrested five suspected Internet fraudsters, and also recovered N31 million from them. Gistvic Reports.

The suspects – Paul Duru, Daniel Effiong, David Gold, Moses Gold and Eke Kelechi, were arrested following a petition received by the EFCC from a new generation bank.

The bank had observed suspicious transactions on an account belonging to Duru, after he received N63 million.
He was subsequently arrested by operatives of the EFCC.

His arrest led to the apprehension of the other suspected fraudsters.

Investigations revealed that Duru was hired by Effiong, a “catfisher”, who presented himself as Arbara Williams, a 27-year-old Caucasian.

A “catfisher” is an individual who uses the Internet, and in particular, online dating websites to lure people into romance scam.
Duru allegedly had a ‘picker’ in the United States, one John T. Benn, who received money in dollars and sent to him.

On his part, Effiong established a relationship with one Sung Yong Hwa, a Korean and Peter Davito, a Canadian.

The others were arrested for allegedly involving in love scam.

They will soon be charged to court. Gistvic Reports.

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/efcc-arrests-five-suspected-internet.html

. When they were called lazy Nigerians. some likeminds were angry.Are they not now? Some young Chinese men were contributing to their economy these fools are dining people....God will punish all those collecting money from them and their parents if they are collecting money from them..... greedy people
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by dokunbam(m): 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
Fair God naa

Same picture 4x

At least make it 4 sexy pictures
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Abeyjide: 8:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
mamatayour:
Efc won't go after politicians ehn....abi dem no be fraudsters too

if they follow politicians now, you people will say witch hunting.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Hoodbilonia: 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
I go buy benz by latest june/july
Sell am 10m
Uwe d owo invest
Street
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by alhassanyusuf29(m): 8:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
So prostitution and drug peddling is a legit business of hustling undecided
iyke926:

It's a shame while hustling is in the DNA of people from potopto land, stupidity and ignorance intertwined with illiteracy is in the DNA of most Northern youths called Abokiis.

SAY NO TO CRIME
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Arems442: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Stay indoor

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Tom1999: 8:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
EFCC won’t go after politicians with suspicious accounts
This is getting sick
EFCC is just an evil.......people are stealing Nigeria’s money and they should go and occupy themselves
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by planet4: 8:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
EFCC!!! Leave these boys alone, they are bringing home. What of the corrupt politicians looting our economy dry. Charity begins at home. #word#
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2019
Since they’ve recovered the cash just give them amnesty afterall that’s what they promised the oga patata of them all.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by tightpussy156: 8:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
stupid efcc make una go catch corrupt politician who steal from d county treasury. politician steal big an live well nothing happen to them.boys the huzzle una de chase them.the real truth is that yahoo no easy too do.have u ever imagine boys making 900 Millon's to Billon's of naira from yahoo.na brain.that is d real truth take it or leave it no offense. is not that i support yahoo boys but d efcc should go after corrupt politician so that d country will be a better place.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Craigslists: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Casted shocked

If na arrest EFCC think say be the solution, make I tell them say dey get big work for their hand, because them go arrest tire, in fact make them go build very big prison because space no go dey to keep the number of boys wey them go arrest. You arrest 20 today while 100 will buy laptops tomorrow and you think you are winning the fight against Yahoo Yahoo, I laugh in Japanese because na our oil work dem wan try stop so.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Fadomero(m): 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
dis is wat happen wen maga praya finally ansa

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by bionixs: 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
Its sad but as NCAN we gaz do awa work ooo

[img]https://media1./images/60794932cc84a05472fd8a8bdf821b9b/tenor.gif?itemid=9575597[/img]

Well from investigations of the names....."The suspects – Paul Duru, Daniel Effiong, David Gold, Moses Gold and Eke Kelechi"......we can Authoritatively tell una say........NA DEM AGAIN OOOO
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy wink grin grin cheesy cheesy
no be dem abeg! we sabi the rightful owners. dem dey into MINING too,hope the picture is getting clearer?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Nobody: 9:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
So prostitution and drug peddling is a legit business of hustling undecided

C'mon man, there are thousands of legit business men from my potopoto land who hustle like Dangote and Innoson.

Prostitution...sh!t is the oldest job on Earth and don't even try to say my people do it most. I have lived almost in all parts of Nigeria. I have seen things.

Drug peddling... Damn it. I got nothing to say. Except we deal, you guys are the junkies that use grin grin

Abeg, I wan watch match
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by bionixs: 9:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:
just look up the post after the one. the real owners of the game are there. it reads like this,

Operatives of EFCC, Ilorin Zonal Office have arrested 11 suspected internet fraudsters, following a tip-off and surveillance carried out around Agric Estate, Ilorin, Kwara State.
The suspects, who were rounded up at about 11pm on February 4, 2019 include, Oluyomi Kadri, Adeseye Ogundele, Olasoji Alabi, Abdullahi Saliu, Abdullahi Ibrahim and Abolarin Kayode.
Also arrested during the raid, were five ladies, Momoh Aminat, Momoh Nimota, Kelvin Blessing, Sunday Ruth and Oyinlola Awokunle. Among items recovered from them were land purchase documents, three exotic cars, laptops, internet modem, mobile phones and ATM cards.
Some of them have already confessed to their involvement in various forms of internet fraud. They will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.
See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/11-beautiful-yahoo-boys-and-girls-arrested-in-
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by CyberWolf: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2019
How can you receive 63M in an account that has never seen 1M? All these baby work boys self. Register a company, get an office and open a company achour Z fund the account small small. Engage in some kind of businesses, learn how to clean money. Be smart guys because the world is a jungle. If you’re using a personal account, never receive more than 5M per transaction and if you’re using a company account, never receive more than 10M per transaction.. Anyway, if you do the crime, you do the time.

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by adex301(m): 9:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
mamatayour:
catch dem young before dey turn politician
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by KingWarri: 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
Victni:
From Gistvic.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal Office, has arrested five suspected Internet fraudsters, and also recovered N31 million
Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/efcc-arrests-five-suspected-internet.html

will EFCC give back the money to the real owners?
stupid EFCC that won't apprehend the real political criminals looting our nation of trillions...
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by KingWarri: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Always the south side
Bro sharrrap..... where for 9ja where dem no dey do yahoo??
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by KingWarri: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
alhassanyusuf29:

Tribal bigot spotted �
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Afospecialk: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
Unfortunately our politicians have looted the past, present and future of Nigerian youths.

Millions of graduate but no job

EFCC should focus more on politicians pls
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by KingWarri: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
The truth is, who keeps the N31m? EFCC bosses?

If the original owners of the scammed monies do not get it back, then EFCC or the government has scammed or taken part in scamming foreigners.

Exactly the same question I'm asking....
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by stanley000: 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
CyberWolf:
How can you receive 63M in an account that has never seen 1M? All these baby work boys self. Register a company, get an office and open a company achour Z fund the account small small. Engage in some kind of small businesses, learn how to clean money. Be smart guys because the world is a jungle. If you’re using a personal account, never receive more than 5M per transaction and if you’re using a company account, never receive more than 10M per transaction.. Anyway, if you do the crime, you do the time.
it is very easy to claim smart because you are not the victim now but then I understand that stupid fools like you with very minimal self esteem will always find joy in Poland demise. You think it's that easy, look as your smelly mouth "fund the account small small"" everyone around must think byou are a fool as much as I do. Bottom line is ones its over its over. It is what it is. No matter how careful you are. You think this is the first time they are receiving money You think guys that did a deal of 63m then it's their first time to see huge sum.

Now I know your little brain will now draw the conclusion that I am one of em but hey, I am very smart and reasonable perhaps wireboys are the biggest ever since Alibaba so when you here are wire boy caught with 200m then he must be running broke coz his previous deals will be grossing at least 500m
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Rebornhombre: 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Efcc doesn't know what they are even saying. They are just saying rubbish. Catfisher, Picker, someone in hongkong, them just scatter the whole grammar, just to make a point that they are internet fraudsters.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by CyberWolf: 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
stanley000:
it is very easy to claim smart because you are not the victim now but then I understand that stupid fools like you with very minimal self esteem will always find joy in Poland demise. You think it's that easy, look as your smelly mouth "fund the account small small"" everyone around must think byou are a fool as much as I do. Bottom line is ones its over its over. It is what it is. No matter how careful you are. You think this is the first time they are receiving money You think guys that did a deal of 63m then it's their first time to see huge sum.

Now I know your little brain will now draw the conclusion that I am one of em but hey, I am very smart and reasonable perhaps wireboys are the biggest ever since Alibaba so when you here are wire boy caught with 200m then he must be running broke coz his previous deals will be grossing at least 500m
Omo don’t pour your frustration on me, focus on our leaders. Back to the matter, these boys I’m seeing have never seen 1M before. Your government shared 300M USD Abacha loot to poor people, where did they share the money? No make me vex for you this night angry ... Just took time to read your post, what are you even saying self? Fvck off abeg ... I just laugh at your last post, you don’t Know anything.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by adollapatron: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
You are mad
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by 9jaRealist: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
mamatayour:

Both are NOT mutually-exclusive (but of course many Nigerians will also defend those politicians by saying they are being “targeted”). undecided

But this is how it starts. People steal and get enough money to enter politics where they then loot everything they can get their hands on. SMH
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Cherrybae(f): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ndigbo kwenu
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Chepy: 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
mamatayour:
Not always their fault! They can only get these guys because someone sold them out! Trust me. It’s called inside work.
Politican rarely sell their mates out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anger Over Murder Of Temidayo, Bride-to-be / 2 Arrested Unclad Men In Abuja Are Brothers / Robbers Beaten Mercilessly In Niger State & Left To Die (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.