Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:04 PM

EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m (32852 Views)

26-year-old Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Allegedly Duping Woman Of N31m / RRS Arrests Five "Awawa Boys" (Photos) / EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Mrbaz1: 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
CyberWolf:
How can you receive 63M in an account that has never seen 1M? All these baby work boys self. Register a company, get an office and open a company achour Z fund the account small small. Engage in some kind of small businesses, learn how to clean money. Be smart guys because the world is a jungle. If you’re using a personal account, never receive more than 5M per transaction and if you’re using a company account, never receive more than 10M per transaction.. Anyway, if you do the crime, you do the time.
Ma niccur
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Coefficient567(m): 9:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Victni:
From Gistvic.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal Office, has arrested five suspected Internet fraudsters, and also recovered N31 million from them. Gistvic Reports.

The suspects – Paul Duru, Daniel Effiong, David Gold, Moses Gold and Eke Kelechi, were arrested following a petition received by the EFCC from a new generation bank.

The bank had observed suspicious transactions on an account belonging to Duru, after he received N63 million.
He was subsequently arrested by operatives of the EFCC.

His arrest led to the apprehension of the other suspected fraudsters.

Investigations revealed that Duru was hired by Effiong, a “catfisher”, who presented himself as Arbara Williams, a 27-year-old Caucasian.

A “catfisher” is an individual who uses the Internet, and in particular, online dating websites to lure people into romance scam.
Duru allegedly had a ‘picker’ in the United States, one John T. Benn, who received money in dollars and sent to him.

On his part, Effiong established a relationship with one Sung Yong Hwa, a Korean and Peter Davito, a Canadian.

The others were arrested for allegedly involving in love scam.

They will soon be charged to court. Gistvic Reports.

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/efcc-arrests-five-suspected-internet.html

Lol what’s the essence when they would find their way out

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by joepepsy(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2019
Low life.
planet4:
EFCC!!! Leave these boys alone, they are bringing home. What of the corrupt politicians looting our economy dry. Charity begins at home. #word#
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by baratech: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
Na wa o
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Chepy: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
CyberWolf:
How can you receive 63M in an account that has never seen 1M? All these baby work boys self. Register a company, get an office and open a company achour Z fund the account small small. Engage in some kind of small businesses, learn how to clean money. Be smart guys because the world is a jungle. If you’re using a personal account, never receive more than 5M per transaction and if you’re using a company account, never receive more than 10M per transaction.. Anyway, if you do the crime, you do the time.
Trust me bro. This is not the handiwork of the bank reporting the case. It’s an insider that tipped off the law enforcement agency and ask them to observe that particular account. They’re coming for one my friend too and we know it. Any street boy wey der catch 80% of it is an inside job. Once your email to EFCC gets approved concerning someone and you have screenshots and a good explanation. Soon the guy in question will serve time. That’s why men should learn to keep less enemies. Na cover story EFCC dey give so

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by joepepsy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
Why not use the brain for positive things.do you know people make millions online legally?
tightpussy156:
stupid efcc make una go catch corrupt politician who steal from d county treasury. politician steal big an live well nothing happen to them.boys the huzzle una de chase them.the real truth is that yahoo no easy too do.have u ever imagine boys making 900 Millon's to Billon's of naira from yahoo.na brain.that is d real truth take it or leave it no offense. is not that i support yahoo boys but d efcc should go after corrupt politician so that d country will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by CyberWolf: 9:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
Chepy:
Trust me bro. This is not the handiwork of the bank reporting the case. It’s an insider that tipped off the law enforcement agency and ask them to observe that particular account. They’re coming for one my friend too and we know it. Any street boy wey der catch 80% of it is an inside job. Once your email to EFCC gets approved concerning someone and you have screenshots and a good explanation. Soon the guy in question will serve time. That’s why men should learn to keep less enemies. Na cover story EFCC dey give so
Oboy no be small thing, snitches everywhere. Operation Lone Ranger

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Carlyboi(m): 9:50pm On Feb 06, 2019
PotatoSalad:

Fool
like everyone in your family!you are simp!thats what you’re since you’re so pained by my comments why don’t you go jump off Mount Everest or just go climb the Eiffel Tower an slowpoke like you!
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
Chia upon all the sleepless night, e nor easy for them too. Any way offence MA offence only Jesus is the way.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by SoNature(m): 9:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
mamatayour:
Efc won't go after politicians ehn....abi dem no be fraudsters too

Don't blame the EFCC
The agency is limited in operation, thanks to the existing act
What the commission needs is to become more independent and u will see them in action
Already, the EFCC is doing a great job even with all the limitations
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by olajide8(m): 10:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Victni:
From Gistvic.com

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Lagos Zonal Office, has arrested five suspected Internet fraudsters, and also recovered N31 million from them. Gistvic Reports.

The suspects – Paul Duru, Daniel Effiong, David Gold, Moses Gold and Eke Kelechi, were arrested following a petition received by the EFCC from a new generation bank.

The bank had observed suspicious transactions on an account belonging to Duru, after he received N63 million.
He was subsequently arrested by operatives of the EFCC.

His arrest led to the apprehension of the other suspected fraudsters.

Investigations revealed that Duru was hired by Effiong, a “catfisher”, who presented himself as Arbara Williams, a 27-year-old Caucasian.

A “catfisher” is an individual who uses the Internet, and in particular, online dating websites to lure people into romance scam.
Duru allegedly had a ‘picker’ in the United States, one John T. Benn, who received money in dollars and sent to him.

On his part, Effiong established a relationship with one Sung Yong Hwa, a Korean and Peter Davito, a Canadian.

The others were arrested for allegedly involving in love scam.

They will soon be charged to court. Gistvic Reports.

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/efcc-arrests-five-suspected-internet.html

These ones would grow older and then join pdp* grin and continue to scam nigerians, because, nigerians forget important thing, especially common sense, they would start to shout his the best thing after bread and moi moi

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Dollabiz: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2019
efcc couldnt.win.any.political corruption.they are winning.the.common.man.war
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by RexTramadol1: 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
Kelechi

Even you??
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by EmmyOD(m): 11:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Those boys are learners. They don't know the use of bitcoin ?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Seandisputed(m): 11:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
Chuksmonika:
working men them.....there is no gain in scam...proceeds of scam can never last,even if you use it to build an empire,it will collaspe one day before your very eye,IT IS A RULE AND FACT!!...No two ways about it.
The world does not always work like that.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by akdjr(m): 11:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
The day I saw secondary school students talking about how they scam oyinbo I was shocked.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
this shit wouldn't have happened if this ogbeni, instruct him USA cashier to send him cashout via bitcoin, then him change am to perfect money or sell the btc for bank transfer sell it in bits. Smh this one still the learn work lol. naija bank wey nigga know now say them get whistle-blower policy Smh. them go carry their cut, efcc carry their own lol
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by 1xgg: 11:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
PotatoSalad:
They should pass a death penalty bill. It's getting out of hand

Like your past perfect,
like your present pretty,
like your future flawless,
Like you ain't got sins,
Like them being fraudsters is so fucking important!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by DabuIIIT: 2:27am On Feb 07, 2019
post=75483483:
EFCC, keep up the good job you are doing about these little criminals and be more vigorous to arrest, prosecute and jail the CORRUPT politicians that raped and looted our NATIONAL treasury.

We want ALL of them in jail also.
beginning with ganduje..
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Brightest04(m): 3:32am On Feb 07, 2019
Kudos to efcc!!!I think this positive crackdown on these criminals will help somehow to repositions the country's image abroad.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by skales67(m): 5:01am On Feb 07, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
Its sad but as NCAN we gaz do awa work ooo

[img]https://media1./images/60794932cc84a05472fd8a8bdf821b9b/tenor.gif?itemid=9575597[/img]

Well from investigations of the names....."The suspects – Paul Duru, Daniel Effiong, David Gold, Moses Gold and Eke Kelechi"......we can Authoritatively tell una say........NA DEM AGAIN OOOO
grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy wink grin grin cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/5006794/11-yahoo-boys-girls-arrested
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by skales67(m): 5:06am On Feb 07, 2019
stanley000:
it is very easy to claim smart because you are not the victim now but then I understand that stupid fools like you with very minimal self esteem will always find joy in Poland demise. You think it's that easy, look as your smelly mouth "fund the account small small"" everyone around must think byou are a fool as much as I do. Bottom line is ones its over its over. It is what it is. No matter how careful you are. You think this is the first time they are receiving money You think guys that did a deal of 63m then it's their first time to see huge sum.

Now I know your little brain will now draw the conclusion that I am one of em but hey, I am very smart and reasonable perhaps wireboys are the biggest ever since Alibaba so when you here are wire boy caught with 200m then he must be running broke coz his previous deals will be grossing at least 500m

Bro...i am trying so hard to comprehend the nonsense you typed but it is so difficult.

CyberWolf is right. Stop talking trash!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Akuruoulo(m): 5:52am On Feb 07, 2019
Recover. NA their money?
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by tollytexy(m): 6:51am On Feb 07, 2019
PotatoSalad:
They should pass a death penalty bill. It's getting out of hand
who did they kill Politicians stealing billions nkor? dem kill any one of dem? or senate president saraki wey him boys even cause many deaths and havoc despite say him dey loot steadily,dem kill am?
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by ceaser: 7:00am On Feb 07, 2019
Wonder how peeps fall for these cheap scams.

I know in the case of those Caucasians, they get unduly lonely after they divorce or get bereaved, but heck there are many things they can do with their life: Engage in some charity works putting smiles on the faces of less privileged and enjoy some meaningful company and moments with them. They can even adopt kids if they are so crazy for company. Sheesh!

Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Rosay15(f): 8:58am On Feb 07, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
The truth is, who keeps the N31m? EFCC bosses?

If the original owners of the scammed monies do not get it back, then EFCC or the government has scammed or taken part in scamming foreigners.
... That's just it... EFCC too nah scam, u see dose guys ehn las las nah money dem go use free themselves and forget abt d story abt charging them to court all nah wash but I no know d place where EFCC they put all the money they collect from these guys... So inshort EFCC oh, FG oh, Gee boys oh they are all d same.... Scammer everywhere.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by anonymous1759(m): 9:05am On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=Bizmagnet post=75483450]Naso God go dey catch all of una wey dey spoil our name for this country.

Beautify your ideas and business this year with a colourful website/blog/software. Be an early riser! Check my signature for contacts.[/quot

God will continue to purnish all of you with bad leadership since you support the corrupt politicians too. Na only Yahoo boys dey bring bad name The previous and current senate president are indicted with crime in the panama papers. PDP presidential candidate is also indicted with crime and his Contesting. Is that not shameful Hypocrites all of you who hate Yahoo boys is because they Steal, you just feel intimidated by them. Because if you hate stealing you won't be supporting any corrupt politician
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Bizmagnet: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2019
[quote author=anonymous1759 post=75494584][/quote]

Since you're out to justify the evil acts, don't shout or cry when your sisters or relations bcom victims of Yahoo boys.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by anonymous1759(m): 9:19am On Feb 07, 2019
Brightest04:
Kudos to efcc!!!I think this positive crackdown on these criminals will help somehow to repositions the country's image abroad.

So for your mind Yahoo boys give us bad name more than our politicians Your PDP Presidential candidate is indicted with crime, your senate president the, your previous senate president same thing, your ex president's wife the same thing, a current Governor caught on camera is still going for a second term, almost all your ex Governor have one Case to answer. Lastly your CJN onoghen is indicted with crime. Keep on Decieving yourself you think the international community don't hear all these shiiit about Nigeria? Only the Yahoo boys give Nigeria bad name inded You just have personal beef Nothing more...
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by anonymous1759(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2019
Bizmagnet:

Since you're out to justify the evil acts, don't shout or cry when your sisters or relations bcom victims of Yahoo boys.

Lol, I now justify Yahoo boys act right?? But when a corrupt politicians is being haunted all of you will shout witch hunting.. Keep on justifying your corrupt politicians and watch our whole country finish at the end of the day We'll see which of the crimes affects us the more.
Re: EFCC Arrests Five Suspected Internet Fraudsters, Recovers N31m by Bizmagnet: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2019
anonymous1759:

Lol, I now justify Yahoo boys act right?? But when a corrupt politicians is being haunted all of you will shout witch hunting.. Keep on justifying your corrupt politicians and watch our whole country finish at the end of the day We'll see which of the crimes affects us the more.
I don't think I have, for once, justified Nigerian politicians in my post. In as much as they are enemies of the country also, I think their heinous acts are limited to the country other than Yahoo boys duping outsiders and branding all of us as criminals. Until you miss opportunities from outside due to the bad names these guys have given us, you don't change your language. I am a freelancer Software Developer and I know what I am saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Arrested For Stealing N2.5m During Sex Romp With Man / 30 Missing Kids Found In A Compound In Ozuoba, Port Harcourt (Video) / 17-Year-Old Girl Raped And Strangled To Death By Her Cousin In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.