Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer (32238 Views)

Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Cristiano Ronaldo Criticized For Posting Private Jet Selfie After Emiliano Sala / "Dad, How Scared Am I": Emiliano Sala's Last Words As Plane Goes Down (Pics, Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by ogbonti: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
PheelzAlmighty:
Nantes have no chill grin grin

If that deal wasn't signed, perhaps, Sala would still be alive today, and playing for Nantes this evening

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Archiever22: 8:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Let FiFA decide it
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by wink2015(m): 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
mysportdab:
French club Nantes have demanded payment of the £15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala to join Cardiff City.

The 28-year-old striker who is presumed dead, went missing with Sala and pilot David Ibbotson on board two weeks ago.

Investigators have discovered the plane in the English Channel with a body inside but have yet to identify who it is because of the poor weather.

They are also trying to establish who owned the plane, insurance issues and other details surrounding the flight which may mean it results in an insurance pay out.

According to Sky Sports, Nantes are threatening legal actions against Cardiff over the Emiliano Sala transfer.

MySportDab report Nantes sent an e-mail demanding the £15m fee last Thursday and followed up with a legal letter on Tuesday.

They are threatening further action unless they get the first payment - the fee is spread over three years -within ten days

French club Bourdeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/02/emiliano-sala-nantes-demand-15m-payment.html

That is the power of law.

Law is no respecter of circumstances.

Emiliano Sala may be dead but the law that he contracted still stands.

This is a big lesson to person who enter into contractual agreement.

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by king1234: 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Cardiff are believed to have had £16million (€20.9m) of personal accident (PA) protection with the financial giant Lloyd’s to cover its players.

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by kleverley(m): 9:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
ewoo.... na money be their own oo
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by OhiOfIhima: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2019
Is just dat easy, if paper work haven't signed I dont think Nante will have a case here. If otherwise, Cardiff ready to bear d loss.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by plantist: 9:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
tempest01:
Cardiff shouldn't escalate issues, if a deal was signed prior to the untoward event happening, thry should hold on to their end of the bargain.

Even if a deal was signed, do you pay for a package you didn't get to use? Haba! Nantes should be let the world hear this abeg!
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by blackgold2018(m): 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
stagger:
This action by Nantes is in very bad taste. His body is yet to be found, the family is still mourning, and all they are interested in is the money!
they didn't want to wait until it becomes old story
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by labusinessguide: 9:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
tempest01:
Cardiff shouldn't escalate issues, if a deal was signed prior to the untoward event happening, thry should hold on to their end of the bargain.

Do you understand the terms and conditions of the contract?

From my little understanding, there is meant to be a medial check up and some proper documentation before a transfer is completed.

Has all the procedures been completed by Cardiff to activate his contract at Cardiff?

I'm just thinking...

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Fash20: 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2019
Both teams should bear the loss to honour of the dead player. Cardiff should be allowed to pay half of the money.

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Slynation(m): 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Lol.... i predicted something like this grin Lemme park my acura zdx one side and see how things goes grin
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Afritop(m): 9:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
davillian:
They should chill small Na
Before they start all this.
stagger:
This action by Nantes is in very bad taste. His body is yet to be found, the family is still mourning, and all they are interested in is the money!
Unfortunately Cardiff was the one that provided the air transport.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by handsomeyinka(m): 9:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:
business is business, there is no emotion in doing business, i paid you but you didn't deliver my goods, i need my money back. simple as abc.
It’s the other way around...
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by ZICCKOde1st(m): 9:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
stagger:

Unfortunately, this agreement has to be honoured. Wrong timing? Yeah but agreement na agreement. If it won't be seen as cashing in, Cardiff can make n sell jerseys with his proposed number... Organize an event in his honour... 'The striker we never had'. Just that such monies are best donated to charities.

4 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by stag: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Every football transfer is subject to final medical fitness test. Sala was coming down for his medical which he never did so the deal was not concluded.

Not so.

He had done medicals. All terms had been concluded. He only went to Italy to say a proper farewell to his former teammates and fans & was on his way back to his new club to resume training

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Hollhamy4real: 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Exactly
wetdick:
business is business, there is no emotion in doing business, i paid you but you didn't deliver my goods, i need my money back. simple as abc.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by MaziOmenuko: 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
stag:

Not so.

He had done medicals. All terms had been concluded. He only went to Italy to say a proper farewell to his former teammates and fans & was on his way back to his new club to resume training

Really? Didn't know about that. Na bad market be that naa...£15mil for this harmattan?

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
BedLam:

You don't know what you are saying. Did he play in the club ? These are what they called "unforseen" circumstances.

I think they settle something out of the Court but paying the whole money? That's nonsense and no one will do that.

Did the deal say that in d event of death that half or no payment will be made? Was it that untill his leg touches the ball before payment is granted?

My bro, the content of the legal contract defines the responsibilities in this case. No need 2 argue

2 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
wetdick:

What u meant deliver? Like take Emilianos hand and give it to Cardiff manager before the deal becomes legally binding?

Terms of the deal may take precedence in this case not ur assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by egojeny1(f): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
I think 50:50 is the best in this kind of scenario.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by CapitanPan: 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2019
Cardiff can escape contractual liability by claiming frustration of contract.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Coefficient567(m): 9:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nantes should take a chill pill already

Check my signature to migrate to Canada
Contact us now when we still have the link
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Confidens52(m): 9:54pm On Feb 06, 2019
Cardiff needs to pay according to the agreement
Because if you buy eggs from Ibadan and you are taking it to Lagos on your way to Lagos the eggs breaks is your cup of tea.

3 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Rajiolaade: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
post=75483898:
What is Cardiff saying in all these?!
AGREEMENT is AGREEMENT?!
has he done and passed medical, if no it's not yet a deal.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
correctguy0900:

What u meant deliver? Like take Emilianos hand and give it to Cardiff manager before the deal becomes legally binding?

Terms of the deal may take precedence in this case not ur assumptions.

my mistake)

nantes wants their money for transfer even though the guy died

a contract is contract, they both agreed on the contract which the both club signed before the player departed, anyway, cardiff have come to clarify that they will honnour the deal.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by uvie66: 9:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
BedLam:

You don't know what you are saying. Did he play in the club ? These are what they called "unforseen" circumstances.

I think they settle something out of the Court but paying the whole money? That's nonsense and no one will do that.
I concur, under law this type of contract falls under the doctrine of frustration. The subject matter of the contract have been destroyed. This principle was established in Robinson v Davison.

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by BabaCommander: 10:02pm On Feb 06, 2019
tempest01:

But isn't it insensitive to make such demand st this stage where the body of the poor souls are still waiting to be recovered from the cold sea bed?
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Ranchhoddas: 10:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
post=75483898:
What is Cardiff saying in all these?!
AGREEMENT is AGREEMENT?!
Shut up and face your zombie work.

3 Likes

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by 22brains(m): 10:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
mysportdab:
French club Nantes have demanded payment of the £15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala to join Cardiff City.

The 28-year-old striker who is presumed dead, went missing with Sala and pilot David Ibbotson on board two weeks ago.

Investigators have discovered the plane in the English Channel with a body inside but have yet to identify who it is because of the poor weather.

They are also trying to establish who owned the plane, insurance issues and other details surrounding the flight which may mean it results in an insurance pay out.

According to Sky Sports, Nantes are threatening legal actions against Cardiff over the Emiliano Sala transfer.

MySportDab report Nantes sent an e-mail demanding the £15m fee last Thursday and followed up with a legal letter on Tuesday.

They are threatening further action unless they get the first payment - the fee is spread over three years -within ten days

French club Bourdeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/02/emiliano-sala-nantes-demand-15m-payment.html
This is sure assassination!!! his body is yet to be recovered. he may have safely ejected the plane. or maybe his remains is already with the fishes of the river. upon all his wealth, fame, luxuries he still died. nobody in indeed immune to death, it is inevitable and a respecter of no man. a call we must all answer someday. Bleep money, Bleep fame, Bleep women, Bleep luxury. ALL IS VANITY OF VANITY.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by VictorRomanov: 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
BedLam:

Force Majeure, my brother. It could be argued that they didn't deliver the player, cos transfers are usually subject to a player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the buying club. So make them calm down.

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by 22brains(m): 10:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Shut up and face your zombie work.
This is sure assassination!!! his body is yet to be recovered. he may have safely ejected the plane. or maybe his remains is already with the fishes of the river. upon all his wealth, fame, luxuries he still died. nobody in indeed immune to death, it is inevitable and a respecter of no man. a call we must all answer someday. Bleep money, Bleep fame, Bleep women, Bleep luxury. ALL IS VANITY OF VANITY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi Celebrates 20 Years In Barcelona / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Nigerians Have Turned Super Eagles To Tribal War - Umar Sadiq / Mark Geiger, Referee Accused Of Asking Cristiano Ronaldo For Shirt At World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.