Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer (32228 Views)

Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Cristiano Ronaldo Criticized For Posting Private Jet Selfie After Emiliano Sala / "Dad, How Scared Am I": Emiliano Sala's Last Words As Plane Goes Down (Pics, Vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by 22brains(m): 10:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
BabaCommander:

But isn't it insensitive to make such demand st this stage where the body of the poor souls are still waiting to be recovered from the cold sea bed?
This is sure assassination!!! his body is yet to be recovered. he may have safely ejected the plane. or maybe his remains is already with the fishes of the river. upon all his wealth, fame, luxuries he still died. nobody in indeed immune to death, it is inevitable and a respecter of no man. a call we must all answer someday. Bleep money, Bleep fame, Bleep women, Bleep luxury. ALL IS VANITY OF VANITY.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by femi4: 10:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Siga:
Nawa .... Just imagine...

I enter restaurant, asked for serious gbegiri, ewedu with nice amala... cold beer....

I sidon, as dem dey bring the food, the person trip, scatter the whole plate for ground...

Do I still pay for the meal I never chop?

Chai... and Cardiff don sign agreement.... Nantes why not 50 the deal with Cardiff now?

Insurance don buy market..

RIP Sala
In eatries and some restaurant , you pay before eating
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by jhidey08(m): 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2019
tempest01:
Cardiff shouldn't escalate issues, if a deal was signed prior to the untoward event happening, thry should hold on to their end of the bargain.
as if it’s that easy.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by femi4: 10:26pm On Feb 06, 2019
labusinessguide:

Do you understand the terms and conditions of the contract?

From my little understanding, there is meant to be a medial check up and some proper documentation before a transfer is completed.

Has all the procedures been completed by Cardiff to activate his contract at Cardiff?

I'm just thinking...
Is it possible to unveil a player with jersey no without medicals
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by baratech: 10:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
Well Cardiff should pay, the transfer was agreed and confirmed, he passed his medicals...

He went back to say goodbye to his teammates and clear his locker, had an accident... So it's not Nantes fault... They should get their money...

The whole thing is just sad anyway...

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by koyeni(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Nawa

Check my signature
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by SmartyPants(m): 10:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
BedLam:

You don't know what you are saying. Did he play in the club ? These are what they called "unforseen" circumstances.

I think they settle something out of the Court but paying the whole money? That's nonsense and no one will do that.

You are wrong. From a legal perspective, a contract is a contract. Cardiff is liable but the delay is not because Cardiff is refusing to pay per se, but rather because Cardiff will want the insurance company to pay, and Nantes' issue will be that their contract is with Cardiff and the deadline for the first payment has elapsed.

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by staen: 10:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Cardiff shd jejely payup ...

Agreement is agreement ..

Afterall...if not for dis deal a misfortune as dis wudnt hav happened
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by SmartyPants(m): 10:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
uvie66:
I concur, under law this type of contract falls under the doctrine of frustration. The subject matter of the contract have been destroyed. This principle was established in Robinson v Davison.

Misapplication of the principle. In that case the contract was not performed but in this case the contract was performed.

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Dollabiz: 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
money.care less about.death
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by vRendoh(m): 10:49pm On Feb 06, 2019
The Guy for still dey alive if not for the ýèýè Cardiff wey come buy am... .and them never pay before
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Every football transfer is subject to final medical fitness test. Sala was coming down for his medical which he never did so the deal was not concluded.
medical has been done ooo. Went back to say goodbye to colleagues b4 death called.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by bluefilm: 11:07pm On Feb 06, 2019
Wetin money go do people for this earth eh...

Ihe nkea o dikwa egwu o ndi b'anyi.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by moonraker(m): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
I am going to assume that there was a small
Fine print stating that smt smt, then the deal
Is off.

After all we have seen players fail medicals
Thereby making a deal null.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by fowlyansh181(m): 11:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
stagger:
This action by Nantes is in very bad taste. His body is yet to be found, the family is still mourning, and all they are interested in is the money!
the dead should bury the dead, only Africans celebrate death so much and allow it determine phenomenons
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Ayobami7(m): 11:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
我什么都没有
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by DAVE1010(m): 11:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
stagger:
This action by Nantes is in very bad taste. His body is yet to be found, the family is still mourning, and all they are interested in is the money!

Thats life for you
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by jesseomedia: 11:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Do you have a wedding, naming, corporate event or photoshoot and you're on a budget?

Have you ever wanted the best photography services but feel you can't afford it cause of your budget?

Jesse Onoriode Media is here to provide you with top notch photography that suites your budget for your event and occasion.

All you have to do is to call 09092179694 or email jesseonoriodemedia@gmail.com and we would provide you with the best photography services that suites your budget perfectly.

Why wait when you can Call/WhatsApp 09092179694 to find out.

What are you waiting for contact us and make your enquiry now!

We are waiting for you.

We deliver our photography services Nationwide and we are available to travel to other countries.

Follow: https://instagram.com/jesseonoriode to view a few of our selected works.

P:S: We are a registered and verified business. This is to create promotion for what we do.

Thanks.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by citruslimited(m): 11:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=mysportdab post=75479371]French club Nantes have demanded payment of the £15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala to join Cardiff City.

The 28-year-old striker who is presumed dead, went missing with Sala and pilot David Ibbotson on board two weeks ago.

Investigators have discovered the plane in the English Channel with a body inside but have yet to identify who it is because of the poor weather.

They are also trying to establish who owned the plane, insurance issues and other details surrounding the flight which may mean it results in an insurance pay out.

According to Sky Sports, Nantes are threatening legal actions against Cardiff over the Emiliano Sala transfer.

MySportDab report Nantes sent an e-mail demanding the £15m fee last Thursday and followed up with a legal letter on Tuesday.

They are threatening further action unless they get the first payment - the fee is spread over three years -within ten days

French club Bourdeaux are also entitled to a cut of the fee, thought to be 50% - Sala was on their books from 2012 to 2015 before joining Nantes.

See more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/02/emiliano-sala-nantes-demand-15m-payment.html

Click on this link to watch INEC song
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Atk6EGr4Bk0[url]
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by homirefacuny(m): 12:10am On Feb 07, 2019
stagger:

Well its very sad as you rightly mentioned but whites don't mix emotions with business. That's the only thing I know about them. Blunt to the core. RIP to Salah

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by homirefacuny(m): 12:15am On Feb 07, 2019
Confidens52:
Cardiff needs to pay according to the agreement
Because if you buy eggs from Ibadan and you are taking it to Lagos on your way to Lagos the eggs breaks is your cup of tea.

Goat grin
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Nobody: 1:49am On Feb 07, 2019
bedspread:
I was Seriously thinking about this ....

I was imagining if Cardiff will still pay the money..

They have no choice but to pay up 100%.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by alfaman3: 2:20am On Feb 07, 2019
stagger:

See as you dey reason like mumu. So make the economy stop because person dey miss? Abeg go siddon with your "good taste". You follow them sign contract?

1 Like

Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Nobody: 5:22am On Feb 07, 2019
BedLam:

You don't know what you are saying. Did he play in the club ? These are what they called "unforseen" circumstances.

I think they settle something out of the Court but paying the whole money? That's nonsense and no one will do that.

[Thou Risk Bids In Every Contract] But Dnt You Think In A Contract Like This "unforseen Circumstances" Has Its Claused? As such Nantes Are Nt Stupid Enough To Demand 4 Their Premium.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by puretayo(m): 5:28am On Feb 07, 2019
The dullard is yet to react.
ekaette1621:
PDP will blame Buhari for this
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Akuruoulo(m): 5:49am On Feb 07, 2019
Check Cardiff City players list, and u gat to see sala's name there. I think the deal is done.
CARDIFF SHOULD PAY
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by CeeKay17: 8:11am On Feb 07, 2019
Adakintroy:

Let's not get all rational here. You pay a wooping 15m for a thing not delivered. We're is your humanity.

I Wil renegotiate. Sue me. There is no human face to what nantes is doing.
That's not true. He already went to Cardiff and signed the deal. He decided do go back to Nantes to say goodbye to his former teammates and it was on returning to Cardiff, that the crash happened. So he was 100% a Cardiff player.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Celmatador(m): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Every football transfer is subject to final medical fitness test. Sala was coming down for his medical which he never did so the deal was not concluded.
He already came down to cardiff n had his medical n negotiated his salary. He only Went back to Nante to say his final goodbye to his old team. He took that plane to meet up training the next day with Cardiff before the unfortunate incident happened.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Adakintroy: 9:06am On Feb 07, 2019
CeeKay17:

That's not true. He already went to Cardiff and signed the deal. He decided do go back to Nantes to say goodbye to his former teammates and it was on returning to Cardiff, that the crash happened. So he was 100% a Cardiff player.

Doesn't matter man. Sometime we get too rational and forget we are humans not robots. If my club pay a wooping sum for a player and the player underperform, I get irritated. Let alone the player not even showing up. Never got to make a dime from even first jersey sale. Not fair.

This thing was a global news. Everyone gets a share of sympathy here. (Even the family). Put a human face to it. renegotiate the price downwards so everyone can go to sleep and put this bad episode behind.

Aside consider the family here. Son died such an emotional tragic death and clubs are fighting themselves each other on the corps. Who get what.
Re: Emiliano Sala: Nantes Demand £15m Payment From Cardiff City For Striker Transfer by Curvinus(m): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2019
I'm sure Cardiff are not dumb. they will declare force majeure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sergio Kun Aguero Joins Barcelona on two-year deal / Messi Celebrates 20 Years In Barcelona / I Am The Most Successful & Decorated Football Player In Nigeria - Mikel Obi(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.