Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So (62579 Views)

Soludo Is The First Governor To Use Made In Nigeria Car As Official Vehicle / APC Reacts To Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State (photos) / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Olawalesmarter(m): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
Edodefender:
when I first heard of ancient city of Anambra, fear catch me..

Na ancient city of Ibadan own worse pass grin

Ibadan is an ancient City, it was started as a War Camp and the Old OYO Empire relocated to the surroundings, also it is the Largest city in West Africa by Land Mass so it deserved the name, But it is very obvious that you are in Severe Pain

1 Like

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Tizu(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
hope4life:

You are correct.I've lived in Bonnu and traveled down to Opobo several time. I'm.happy for this achievement.Things will.be cheap in Opobo and.economic boom will.be realised.The next major road in Bonny-Bodo Road from Ogoni.That one is capital.intensive. LNG and FG will partner to do that.

I agree with you on its economic importance. Such roads despite their huge costs of construction due to the terrain will boast the economy of the locals in the riverine districts.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by airsaylongcon: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
DerideGull:

You are very clueless as your post practically suggested. The word, Bonny, is bastardized Ubani which was the out post of Ndoki and Ngwa people. Every old kingdom in Old Calabiari axis was led or ruled by Igbo be it Ama ikiri or Ama Onye anabu.

Na so e pain u? Lol
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by deebrain(m): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
This is remarkable.

It has always been a place accessible only by ferry.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by bless1015(m): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
AceRoot:

Thank you for answering him the way you have. Without wanting to sound too knowing on all things ASA-NDOKI-OPOBO, we will always remain IGBOS.
I know for a fact that from 1970 onwards, the Rivers State Government did try and fail numerous times, with programmes to end the speaking of Igbo in Opobo axis.

Ur problem is fear of been left alone. u hv never develop IBO land yet u want to drag other innocent ppl into ur bad identity. my friend go n mk yourself worthy of been a Master before u want to Lord over ur masters.

1 Like

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by amaniro: 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2019
Dino98:

There was no road before into the town before I think.

Dakuku peterside who is from that area was commisioner of works under Ameachi but did notin.

But you know a commissioner has limited powers.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by otokx(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
tj2018:
I am from OPobo, This project has spanned a period of 20 years ... even with the fan far you still cant drive into opobo during the raining season. Odili, Amaechi, Wike all contributed. But what is left is so huge that i think about 30% of work is required. For me it is only politics playing out.

What i cant say know is if Wike will even complete the project. No governor works after 2nd term.
My fears, Now that every one is saying he has completed the road because he drove into opobo during dry season, i hope they will be no complains if the gov. decides to stop further works on the road becuase be drove to opobo himself

Thank you for saying the truth.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by wanate(m): 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
amaniro:

Dakuku was d commissioner for works ooo! An assembly member for 8yrs, a reps member for 4yrs. At some point b4 wike's gov't, d project stopped, wat did he do?
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by SlayerForever: 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2019
bless1015:
U dnt knw what ur saying. me as an Ndoki man do nt c my self as an IBO man. my mum come from Opobo. we are all Ijaws.

I maro ife. Na kogheri.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Banmeallday: 7:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Yeah good but we are boycotting stupid elections

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by EngrKem: 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2019
stagger:

Ibani and Igbo.

Igbo was King Jaja's native language as an indigene of Amaigbo, Imo State before he was captured as a slave. Ibani is the language spoken in Bonny, which Jaja picked up growing up as a slave in the Anna Pepple House before he got his freedom. He had a personality clash with Oko Jumbo, and both led the 2 factions of the Pepple House before Jaja decided to resettle in present day Opobo with his own faction.

So technically speaking, the Opobo people are Igbos by origin and many of my friends from there are all Igbo speakers, even though there is now a conscious attempt to deny their Igbo ancestry.
King Jaja was the only igbo man but due to ibani culture, Ibani culture allows freedom for people to excel to the highest level.. King Jaja did not give birth to other over 30 other ibani ijaw Chiefs in Bonny that stood with him and followed him to Opobo Town. So everyone else is ibani Ijaw aside King Jaja pls know the fact!
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Dino98: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
amaniro:

If he wanted to do it he would have found a way...but I don't blame him though....its useless Ameachi
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Kinjikitile(m): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2019
wanate:
I see most ppl making comments without knowing anything abt Rivers State apart from what dy read online. Is driving to Opobo a good thing? The ans is Yes. U knw why because d hazards involved in travelling by water will b no more. B4 once dere is rain, no way to go to opobo, both by water nd air, but nw ppl can drive. Wike has tried in rivers state nd its clear to every1 resident in d state. The only place i'll score him low is employment. Ciao
Ciao huh
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Foolishbuhari: 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
senatordave1:

Apc will take opobo.

Hahaha let's watch them try. But you sha ehn your own zombiesm pass sarrki own ooo I swear. You just drop permutations like some drunk man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by generationz(f): 12:56am On Feb 08, 2019
stagger:

Ibani and Igbo.

Igbo was King Jaja's native language as an indigene of Amaigbo, Imo State before he was captured as a slave. Ibani is the language spoken in Bonny, which Jaja picked up growing up as a slave in the Anna Pepple House before he got his freedom. He had a personality clash with Oko Jumbo, and both led the 2 factions of the Pepple House before Jaja decided to resettle in present day Opobo with his own faction.

So technically speaking, the Opobo people are Igbos by origin and many of my friends from there are all Igbo speakers, even though there is now a conscious attempt to deny their Igbo ancestry.

did you get all these from studying history in school or you read random books?
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 08, 2019
Afam4eva:
Is there now a bridge to Opobo?

Yes.

These guys have done a great job. You can now drive to Andoni and now to Opobo.

Thumbs up to Wike
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by tinktanker: 8:00am On Feb 08, 2019
Abagworo:

The road was initiated much earlier and inherited by Wike at advanced stage of completion. What I expect is a commendation of everyone involved.

https://www.nairaland.com/1426942/amaechis-giant-strides-riverine-other
do u stay in ph? I guess u don't. Amaechi did not go far on the road. I use the road frequently so I knw the progress from 2014 till date.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by enyo5050: 7:55am On Feb 09, 2019
congratulations to the people of opobo kingdom
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Higgies(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2022
King Haha of Opobo grin
I remember that macmillan english text.
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 06, 2022
amaniro:
So Amaechi didn't go to Opobo kingdom

cheesy
Re: Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So by tinsel: 7:20pm On Jul 06, 2022
So this is an achievement. Smh!
Don't be crowded with politics. Before, you can only go this place by canoe or boat. Can you imagine the happiness this will bring to these people and how it will open up their place?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Member's Wife Beats Her Friend For Dating Her Husband / Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / Nairaland 2019 Presidential Election Poll: Voting Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.