Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,240 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? (54368 Views)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / How Can I Use Verve Debit Card On Remitta Platform? / First Bank Unveils Promo To Reward Verve Card Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by nugi: 2:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Epistasis:
My ATM card will expire this month, I have been using Verve all this while don't really know whether I should opt for either MasterCard or Visa this time around. What are the major differences between MasterCard, Visa and Verve?.
Your explanation will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Verve - proudly Nigerian, more functions than any of the others within Nigeria and accepted in over 100 countries including US.

Support your own smiley
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by nugi: 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
Nwaohafia1:
MasterCard = Verve + Visa

Visa = Mainly for Online purposes anywhere in the world. Cannot transfer money to others banks

Verve = Mainly for ATM transactions and not accepted worldwide

Wrong!

Verve = ATM + POS + WEB + Mobile
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by seun111: 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
Go for verve.

Verve is a Nigerian brand, and they have never failed me.

I know they are working on a verve card that can do international transactions, when that is ready, I'll try it out.

SUPPORT HOME GROWN PRODUCTS AND SERVICES!.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by SenatorAiyzik: 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2019
yemi15:

I asked for the instant MasterCard, I was not given. If the name punching machine does not work, there is no way they would have offered me an Instant Verve Card. This was at the Secretariat Branch in Ibadan. So sorry to bust your bubble, not all Union Bank branches offer that.

Oga they didn't issue you the verve card same day you went to ask for mastercard. If you had requested for the mastercard the day you requested for verve they would have given you. Punching machine may be in service for 2 days and you went there doesn't mean they don't issue. And talking about the machine not working could be for that day. Get your facts right. The fact you were refused an instant mastercard the day you went doesn't mean it's a general thing. Don't be too surprised someone received an instant mastercard same day from same branch. The fact that you go to a bank to make a deposit and they tell you to come tomorrow cos there's no network doesn't mean the bank doesn't do deposits at all and also doesn't mean people didn't deposit money that day in same bank when network was good before you (just a typical example). SO so so so Sorry to Burst your bubble now son grin
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by yemi15(m): 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2019
SenatorAiyzik:

Oga they didn't issue you the verve card same day you went to ask for mastercard. If you had requested for the mastercard the day you requested for verve they would have given you. Punching machine may be in service for 2 days and you went there doesn't mean they don't issue. And talking about the machine not working could be for that day. Get your facts right. The fact you were refused an instant mastercard the day you went doesn't mean it's a general thing. Don't be too surprised someone received an instant mastercard same day from same branch. The fact that you go to a bank to make a deposit and they tell you to come tomorrow cos there's no network doesn't mean the bank doesn't do deposits at all and also doesn't mean people didn't deposit money that day in same bank when network was good before you (just a typical example). SO so so so Sorry to Burst your bubble now son grin

So your branch is the same thing as all Union Bank branches? Sorry to bust your bubble too son. We are talking about a branch he has never been to and he is making conclusion about it and for Union Bank of all banks. If na Access now, we go talk say you get point. 9ja guys sha smh.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by SenatorAiyzik: 2:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
yemi15:

So your branch is the same thing as all Union Bank branches? Sorry to bust your bubble too son. We are talking about a branch he has never been to and he is making conclusion about it and for Union Bank of all banks. If na Access now, we go talk say you get point. 9ja guys sha smh.

so your experience of being bounced back till next week for a common mastercard is the same experience as all customers in that same branch you have been to?? So so so sorry to burst your bubble more kid. We are talking about an experience he doesn't know about ever and he is making conclusion about it from his own personal experience in that branch and for all customers in that branch. If it was general now, we would have counted you amongst people with some little sense but trying to improve. 9ja mugus sha grin grin
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by bigtt76(f): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
Not wrong dear... If you noticed, I did not specify denomination. Once it's dollar denominated, the bank's don't restrict its use except its Naira denominated thats when the banks can chose to restrict its use. They can however restrict the use of the dollar denominated cards on some websites though but rarely do they go that lemght. cheesy

SenatorAiyzik:

Wrong! You are only allowed to use them shop abroad or on international websites if your bank allows/enables e-Forex transactions. Not all banks allow it. Only a few banks do
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by nelsonmate: 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
Verve card is a domestic card brand which works on all channels including ATM, POS, Web and Mobile.

I have Verve cards issued by some banks (FCMB, Sterling,and Access) and they work perfectly on all channels here in Nigeria and some other countries such as Kenya, Gambia, Uganda, Ghana, etal.

Have gotten free 5 litres @ Oando by using my Verve card, free drinks and pop corns in cinemas, 30% discount off Etihad for flights and other discounts shopping online.

If you know, you know.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by nugi: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
obyback:
All of them are useless till they start giving flight miles per transaction

Verve gives you something even better than miles o....who no want free fuel )

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by SenatorAiyzik: 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
bigtt76:
Not wrong dear... If you noticed, I did not specify denomination. Once it's dollar denominated, the bank's don't restrict its use except its Naira denominated thats when the banks can chose to restrict its use. They can however restrict the use of the dollar denominated cards on some websites though but rarely do they go that lemght. cheesy

You actually have a point there. That's correct!! Thumbs up!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by mansoor093(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
in other news, if u av union VISA explain how you got it, cos i was denied UNION VISA card....thankx
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by LordReed(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2019
bigtt76:
Master Card or Visa cards allow you to shop on any website in the world whereas Verve cards do not. They are only recognized locally within Nigeria and some parts of Africa... Dasssss all

Not quite accurate, I have made international purchases with a Verve card.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by bigtt76(f): 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
We are not saying in its entirety, Verve cards are not accepted on International sites but rather its limited to few. I would be glad to know which International site accepts this though

LordReed:

Not quite accurate, I have made international purchases with a Verve card.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by bigtt76(f): 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2019
That is Verve International spending money to subsidize some services and purchases in order to gain acceptance

nelsonmate:
Verve card is a domestic card brand which works on all channels including ATM, POS, Web and Mobile.

I have Verve cards issued by some banks (FCMB, Sterling,and Access) and they work perfectly on all channels here in Nigeria and some other countries such as Kenya, Gambia, Uganda, Ghana, etal.

Have gotten free 5 litres @ Oando by using my Verve card, free drinks and pop corns in cinemas, 30% discount off Etihad for flights and other discounts shopping online.

If you know, you know.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by LordReed(m): 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
bigtt76:
We are not saying in its entirety, Verve cards are not accepted on International sites but rather its limited to few. I would be glad to know which International site accepts this though

It was through an ecommerce site run by Digital River International. I was surprised they accepted it though.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
Newboss:

Wrong! I've bought Neteller with MasterCard angry

You loaded funds with Neteller recently?

I take it that you never got the email from Neteller denying MasterCard transactions?

If that's the case, maybe it's my personal experience, then.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by SamuelLoch: 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2019
cabsking:

Guy which bank visa u dey use.. I get deals for u
Deals?! UBA
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by bigtt76(f): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2019
May be it was the bridged version by either Mall for Africa, Paga Mall or Quickteller Mall ...did you have to install a plugin on your web browser before carrying out the transaction?

LordReed:

It was through an ecommerce site run by Digital River International. I was surprised they accepted it though.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Feb 07, 2019
bigtt76:
May be it was the bridged version by either Mall for Africa, Paga Mall or Quickteller Mall ...did you have to install a plugin on your web browser before carrying out the transaction?

Not at all. I think Digital River is a payment processor from what I see on their website www.digitalriver.com
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by oboy81: 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2019
Engrkaypee:
see my gmail bro kaypeeboss001@gmail.com make we talk
How far Reply your Mail
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by josPlateau(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Built2last:

They have you verve card because of the type of account you opened. You did not open your account with a valid ID card like drivers license, voters card or international passport

That's not true. It's your choice. You can't open an account without a valid ID card.
I use verve and it was due to ignorance because I couldn't use it to verify my PayPal. They demanded master or visa card before I could be verified
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by prettyboy5: 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ignorance is what kills a lot of folks here in Nigeria.

I just kept laughing when lots of you kept on ignorantly saying Verve is only local and all.

Verve has a global version called VERVE GLOBAL, ask your bank about it, it is very secure and has never failed me, I have used it abroad recently to do all my transactions over there, and have used it for a lot of web related international transactions too.

You guys should talk about what you know please, ignorance is no excuse.

Below is a photo of the Verve global variant I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by nairamaniac: 10:16am On Feb 08, 2019
Deicide:
Diamond bank Visa card = Useless angry

Please why do u say it's useless?
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by oboy81: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
nairamaniac:

Please why do u say it's useless?
Yo Mail me here oboy81@yahoo.com
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by kabillionaire(m): 2:27am On Feb 09, 2019
Master card = CIA
Visa = Interpol
Verve = naija police
got my drift?
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by Fiird: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2019
Engrkaypee:
bro if you go register new dorm acct for union bank them go give you visa gold card
Contact me on whatsapp +8613117818792
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by Eldorado14: 7:00am On Feb 12, 2019
TheCar:

First let us cover the basics.

What is a Debit (ATM) Card.

It give you easy access to your money anytime, anywhere. You can pay your bills and make payment for your everyday purchase without carrying cash around.

What's the Difference?

Daily Transaction Limit - Verve 100k MasterCard - 150k & Visa 150k.

ATM Abroad - Verve (NO) MasterCard (YES) Visa (YES)

POS Nigeria - Yes for verve, MasterCard and visa

ATM Nigeria - Yes for verve, MasterCard and visa.

POS Abroad - No for Verve, Yes for MasterCard & Visa

Web Nigeria - Yes for verve, mastcard and visa.

Web Abroad - No for Verve, Yes for MasterCard & Visa.

So basically, you can only use Verve Card in Nigeria and Nigeria only.

If you want to use your card outside Nigeria like shopping on AliExpress, Amazon, eBay or BestBuy, WalMart or Asos or using your card to withdraw cash at Citibank ATM in New York or Barclays Bank ATM in England, or Emirates NBD ATM in Dubai, you need a MasterCard or Visa Card.
pls sir...am a newbie o.No laugh me. When you withdraw using mastercard or visacard abroad,what will you be withdrawing? Is it not naira? Or it can be converted to a dollar account?
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 12, 2019
Eldorado14:

pls sir...am a newbie o.No laugh me. When you withdraw using mastercard or visacard abroad,what will you be withdrawing? Is it not naira? Or it can be converted to a dollar account?

You would be withdrawing the country currency, i.e. USD, GBP, EUR etc.

Your bank would debit your account with the naira equivalent of the amount you withdraw.

Your bank determines the exchange rate to be used for the transaction.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by Eldorado14: 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2019
TheCar:

You would be withdrawing the country currency, i.e. USD, GBP, EUR etc.

Your bank would debit your account with the naira equivalent of the amount you withdraw.

Your bank determines the exchange rate to be used for the transaction.

Oh...now I get.Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by Eseffiong: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2019
Fcmb and Union do not issue visa cards
Re: Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? by maxlev1: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2020
joshuaidibia:
Is it Ecobank? Some guys were looking for Ecobank verve or Visa card o. They'll hack it and load up to 80million naira for you. You share it 50/50. That card is hard to come by. I guess Eco stopped issuing it. But if you get, then find any ****** boy you know.
Bro someone just asked me for this o. Is it safe at all. Where do they even get this funds to load. pls reply soon. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shoprite Confirms Exit From Nigeria / How FBI Warned FG, CBN On Scammers Using Cryptocurrencies To Defraud The West / Graduate Who Sells Irish Potatoes In Jos Becomes Online Sensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.