Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times (54853 Views)

FG Blocks Binance, Coinbase, Octafx, Kraken, Other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Forex Crisis: FG Plans Clampdown On Binance, other Crypto Firms - Premium Times / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by chisomkachy: 8:45am On May 09, 2023
Nigerian businessman Femi Otedola has accused the chairman of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp), Tony Elumelu, of backstabbing him repeatedly at his most vulnerable moments in business.

Mr Otedola made the revelation in a statement that marks his first public intervention in the recent battle for the soul of Transcorp, obtained exclusively by PREMIUM TIMES.

The billionaire recently divested his newly acquired stake in Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp) to Mr Elumelu, pulling the plug on the scramble for the top ownership of the group.

In his intervention Tuesday, Mr Otedola opened up on how he went bankrupt in 2008 and was betrayed by Mr Elumelu.

“I became Chairman of Transcorp Hotel in 2007 with a shareholding of 5% and unknowingly Tony gradually started buying shares quietly,” he began.

“By the following year in 2008, I went bankrupt in Nigeria. Tony proceeded to take my shares in UBA to service the interest on my loans and he also took over my shares in Africa Finance Corporation, where I was the largest shareholder.

“Shortly after, Albert Okumagba informed me that an American firm wanted to acquire my shares in Transcorp, which I then agreed to sell. However, this supposed American firm turned out to be Tony Elumelu. The revelation of this prompted me to resign as Chairman of the hotel.”

The businessman also alleged that in 2012, he told Mr Elumelu about his interest in the Ughelli power plant and the Transcorp chair “quietly went ahead” to outbid him in the acquisition of the plant.

“Years later in 2012 Tony said he wanted to see me so we met in my office where I had previously had a meeting with foreign investors who had not yet departed the premises,” he explained.

“Curious to know, he asked what sort of meeting I had had and I disclosed that I wanted to go into the power business, specifically Ughelli Power Plant. Tony quietly went ahead to bid for Ughelli and he outbid me by offering to buy the plant for $ 300 million.

“And as some would say: the rest is history.”

PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately reach Mr Elumelu as of press time Tuesday morning.

Multiple telephone calls placed to Rahmon Nosir, the head of external and media relations at UBA, were not responded to.

Mr Elumelu, as chair of Transcorp Power Limited, on Monday, received the discharge certificate of the Ughelli power plant from the Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE).

The discharge came one month after the National Council on Privatisation approved the recommendations of the BPE that Ughelli Power Plc be delisted from routine monitoring, having satisfied five core post-acquisition requirements.

The requirements include available capacity, capital expenditure, human resources, health, safety and environment and corporate social responsibility.

Commissioned in 1966 with an installed capacity of 972MW, the Ughelli Power Plant, whose capacity had dropped to 300MW, became an asset of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc in 2013 under the company’s power subsidiary, Transcorp Ughelli Power Limited.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/597584-exclusive-otedola-speaks-on-bankruptcy-accuses-elumelu-of-backstabbing-him.html

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Corridon: 8:46am On May 09, 2023
Humans can't be trusted even you Otedola.

412 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by EmeeNaka: 8:51am On May 09, 2023
It's business

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Never4getU: 8:52am On May 09, 2023
Betrayal everywhere

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Omihanifa: 8:52am On May 09, 2023
Same Tony elumelu Don dey romance BAT grin

BAT should better no discuss his drug case and election case with Tony before Tony will go and feed the oppositions the info grin

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Never4getU: 8:52am On May 09, 2023
EmeeNaka:
It's business

It's not it is called backstabbing

386 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Kellie069(m): 8:53am On May 09, 2023
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by slivertongue: 8:54am On May 09, 2023
Politics and business on this side seem totally devoid of morality & principles

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by exotique1fy(f): 8:57am On May 09, 2023
They are not angels! All of them. To acquire and maintain the kind of wealth this people have, you certainly cannot be a nice person. This is the reason I always shudder whenever people go on social media to sing their praises. If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, fear go catch you!

492 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by illicit(m): 8:58am On May 09, 2023
You are obviously the type to be betrayed because you don't learn lessons and you can't keep quiet when necessary

You gave him trade information by yourself.

287 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Wawelexy(m): 9:03am On May 09, 2023
You stabbed yourself the moment you were unable to keep your mouth shut, in business, there's nothing like a brother or family, someone of your calibre should understand this better...

Well it isn't over yet, the best revenge you could get is to also outbid him in any business or shares he tops, not easy tho, alot of consultations, lobbying (most especially, relevant government personnel or agency), bribery (maybe), researchs, calculations, and huge investment will be done, cos you both will be playing powerful business chess ♟️ game, and the smartest wins all here...

Power tussles; Mr Elemelu is already ahead of you by mingling with the President - Select, you can still use the tribal card on him here, just like you know, the northerners will never leave their own person, but don't know if same can be said about the South West... To me, if Ote money knows how to play his game well and neat, I think it's high time to take advantage of ethnic sentiments via T\nubu to overtake the longest record holder of the richest person in Africa.... Dangoπe also used this same opportunity during the regime of B@baginda, Ab@cha, and Buh@ri... Even Ob@sanjo, cos Baba also danced to the tune of the northerners cos they were the decider of his election....

Now that Buh@ri had unknowingly put a slight friction in between the two tribes by trying to outsmart T\nubu in the just concluded elections, Yoruba, it's high time to overtake...

Go Ote$, your greatest challenge is Dangoπe refinery, but you can still win...

103 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by tommy589(m): 9:07am On May 09, 2023
Is this not what high stakes business is about? All of you are not innocent

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by lhordspy: 9:16am On May 09, 2023
I knew something was up when Elumelu started with 'Otedola is my friend' story after Otedola checkmated him.

I knew it was guilty conscience speaking. In a bid to hide his shame, he had to resort to unnecessary fancy-sweet stories.

Thank God Otedola showed him how the game is played. Bought large chunk of the transcorp stake, Unsettle the market, make Elumelu beg for his 'life' , Sold it off in 2weeks, cashed out almost 21Billion naira with little stress.
Abracadabra. Elemulu never saw it coming.

Otedola wasnt after the money nor the power play in transcorp. He just wanted to teach Elumelu a little bit of lessson. And the message was passed across. Elumelu will never forget this one for life.

Otedola cashed out 21billion naira in just 2weeks at the expense of Elumelu. The most fascinating thing is Elumelu was so boxed and made powerless that he had no option left in the world than to cry out for mercy.

Otedola got his revenge, and still cashed out.

That is how a boss cook revenge.

254 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by uncleck: 9:34am On May 09, 2023
It simply means that Tony is a smarter businessman than you

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by DennisEche(m): 9:34am On May 09, 2023
Billionaires Fights... Make Talakawas free them.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Hopemanfx: 9:34am On May 09, 2023
I LIKE BIG MAN FIGHT

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by sonature1: 9:35am On May 09, 2023
I trust Tony Elumelu to reply him! Until he issues a rejoinder, Mr. Otedola's narrative remains a single story!

Remember, you don't know the true story yet until you hear from all the parties.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Sonnobax15(m): 9:35am On May 09, 2023
lipsrsealed
Na wa oh......some friends dey cha......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by xynerise: 9:35am On May 09, 2023
You have to be a crook and cunny to have the kind of money these men have. You think everything is integrity in business? grin

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by chatinent: 9:36am On May 09, 2023
And you still call him friend?

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by PNomsule: 9:36am On May 09, 2023
I may need clarity, how do you declare bankruptcy and still have shares in major companies running into billions of Naira?

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by dalebrown: 9:36am On May 09, 2023
The business world is more like a street, only that the street thugs wears suits and ties grin grin even this Otedola had one time been in a fight with dangote back in 2009, buh look at both of them now

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by robinso01(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2023
There's difference btw business and backstabbing

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by ViceGovernor: 9:36am On May 09, 2023
Corridon:
Humans can't be trusted even you Otedola.
Hehehe 😂😂
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Generalwoodz(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2023
Otedola was backstabbed many times by Elumelu that he started walking backwards.

Otedola too is no Angel without original sin.

Pray Elumelu keeps mum and doesn't respond because if he does, litany of dirty secrets between them would be forced open. These men got skeleton in their closets. Even billionaire seduce other billionaire's wife and have tryst with her.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by TheBTCinvestor: 9:36am On May 09, 2023
cool
Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by ucee64(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2023
God I know you have really blessed me oo but I want to be balling like these guys, chai 300 million$.i will be hustling even on my wedding day...The dream is scary buh it is what it is

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by thinkmoney(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2023
Kellie069:
Could this be true? Mr Tony said so many nice thing about Ote$. He even called him his brother and partner . He even went ahead to reveal that he follows just him and his wife on IG .
People feed the chicken just so they can eat it

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by Geovanni412(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2023
Never4getU:

It's not it is called backstabbing

Read the book, winning through intimidation by Robert Ringer

It's business

Elumelu is a type 2 businessman. He will try and claim he is a nice man but when the time is right, he will try and take all the money for himself.

Otedola had been screwed once before and he still jumped into the river with the shark without taking precautions.

Business na Jungle.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by OgogoroDegree: 9:37am On May 09, 2023
exotique1fy:
They are not angels! All of them. To acquire and maintain the kind of wealth this people have, you certainly cannot be a nice person. This is the reason I always shudder whenever people go on social media to sing their praises. If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, fear go catch you!
God Bless You! 🙏

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola: Tony Elumelu Has Backstabbed Me Many Times - Premium Times by BOLATINUBU01: 9:38am On May 09, 2023
Big men issue, non of my business

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Cosmas Maduka: I Used Rubber Band To Tie & Hold My Phone - Coscahris Motors CEO / Founder Of Peace Mass Transport Eating At A Road Side Buka.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.