Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church (5449 Views)

Pastor 'Delivers' Mad Man In Edo After Years Of Madness (Photos) / The Origin Of Madness : The Three Smart Crooks / "How Mad Is Your Madness?" Church Poster In Jos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2019
Goshen360:

Okay my brother, let's put it in context or perspective and see how this verse makes sense to you.....

For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious

Okay you said it is human language right say put it in perspective say for instance hausa, or Igbo, or Yoruba, french, etc

So let's replace those languages with tongues in that verse and see if we make sense or not....

For if you have the ability to speak in Hausa Igbo, Yoruba or French etc, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious

Two things:

First, this is a worship gathering in 1 Corinthians 14 and it's public

Second, It's doesn't make sense to me if I'm speaking these human language to ONLY God AND PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ME because someone or somebody in the public will or might understand Hausa or igbo or Yoruba or French.....BUT HE SAYS THE LANGUAGE IM SPEAKING IS ONLY TO GOD, and God do understand every languages BUT PEOPLE WONT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ME....it doesn't make sense in that reading of context if it is some human language, if it is human language then someone will understand buy it says people don't understand me.....so it's is human language?
so brother goshen, what are you implying,.. that you can speak in so called heavenly language with the help of the holy spirit?.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by birdman(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Why it is only the last question you are willing and ready to answer I dont understand why. How clever of you, to do that.

Because I have no intention on arguing all day. Even when verses are laid out before you, you still choose to not believe what is in front of you.

Stay stubborn and be professorial all you want - on the day you need it, the information is there. My part is done. Be blessed!
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 10:54pm On Feb 23, 2019
birdman:
Because I have no intention on arguing all day. Even when verses are laid out before you, you still choose to not believe what is in front of you.

Stay stubborn and be professorial all you want - on the day you need it, the information is there. My part is done. Be blessed!
birdman, you cannot forever, run away from the truth because there is no where to run to and no where to hide, that the truth, one day, will not find you, is all I have to and no more say.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 3:23am On Feb 24, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
so brother goshen, what are you implying,.. that you can speak in so called heavenly language with the help of the holy spirit?.

Yes I do PRAY in tongues. However, I'm scripturally against speaking or praying in tongues in the public worship place like what Paul Enenche and these Pentecostal rascals are doing.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 3:31am On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Goshen360, my dearest brother, let's cut this to the barest and real bone. If you are speaking, whether in private or public, in a human language, that no one understands or speaks in, who will understand this human language you speak in, if not God. Now, here is where it gets interesting, what is the point in you speaking or repeating a human language you don't understand? What is the point, of course your spirit might gel with the flow, but your mind has no clue whatsoever to all you are saying, so what is the benefit and point, when your mind doesn't understand it?.

If you want it to make sense that God understands you but the other people don't, then make sure you understand what you are saying so you can interpret what you are saying to others and/or the people.

God understands all tongues, so it doesn't matter to God, what tongue anybody chooses to speak in. This thing is so simple and straightforward but you guys have just to turn it on its head and into something else, like I earlier said into glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" or incantations.

You, my dearest brother haven't convinced me or few here with stronger truth. I hear you, read and disgest you.... let's put it in another way BECAUSE THE VERSE I QUOTED WAS WHAT DEFINED what the tongue or language that he, Paul said no one understands but you saying it's human language....

So let me double-check on you,

What human language can a man speak that is describe as MYSTERIOUS by the power of the Spirit?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:55am On Feb 24, 2019
Goshen360:

Yes I do PRAY in tongues. However, I'm scripturally against speaking or praying in tongues in the public worship place like what Paul Enenche and these Pentecostal rascals are doing.

am surprised this is coming from you,..tongues are for a sign, that is one of the main reason why it was allowed at the early stage of Christianity.

the bible says these things shall cease with time when they accomplished their purpose
1Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

personally I don't believe any christian speak in tongues according to the way it was done in the bible.

but what is the purpose of praying in tongues when God even knows your heart desire even before say them out.
God is all knowing and he is not limited to languages.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 9:40am On Feb 24, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
Literally laughed out loud at this comment.

Goshen360:
Can you also type and write in tongues Goshen360 or that will be going too far and stretching it a bit?

EMILO2STAY:
am surprised this is coming from you
EMILO2STAY, please dont be surprised, it is not easy o my brother.

EMILO2STAY:
...tongues are for a sign, that is one of the main reason why it was allowed at the early stage of Christianity.

the bible says these things shall cease with time when they accomplished their purpose
1Corinthians 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away
The gift of speaking in tongue actually is a sign for unbelievers and/or the unbelieving. The three times the gift of speaking of tongues was recorded in the Bible, it on each ocassion happened to dispel unbelief and/or convert the unbelieving. No one has to believe me on this just on face value, not even Goshen360 or birdman, as they can verify what I said about it from the Bible

EMILO2STAY:
personally I don't believe any christian speak in tongues according to the way it was done in the bible.

but what is the purpose of praying in tongues when God even knows your heart desire even before say them out.
God is all knowing and he is not limited to languages.
Now the thing is, people, especially Africans, because of being accustomed to "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" and/or reciting incantations, are propelled to mix their own ideas and understanding, against the teachings of the Bible and what the Bible actually is saying. They need a crutch, so this make-believe PRAY in tongues charade has to be discovered. It is among the last bastion of ATR and/or pagan mentality that needs to be shrugged off

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:06am On Feb 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Can you also type and write in tongues Goshen360 or that will be going too far and stretching it a bit?

The gift of speaking in tongue actually is a sign for unbelievers and/or the unbelieving. The three times the gift of speaking of tongues was recorded in the Bible, it on each ocassion happened to dispel unbelief and/or convert the unbelieving. No one has to believe me on this just on face value, not even Goshen360 or birdman, as they can verify what I said about it from the Bible

Now the thing is, people, especially Africans, because of being accustomed to "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" an/or reciting incantations, are propelled to mix their own ideas and understanding, against the teachings of the Bible and what the Bible actually is saying. They need a crutch, so this make-believe PRAY in tongues charade has to be discovered. It is among the last bastion of ATR and/or pagan mentality that needs to be shrugged off
i think 1corithians 14:2 has got many people confused concerning speaking in tongues. those who read just one verse in the bible do not get a full understanding of the whole context. the same 1corithians14:2 when read through to verse 5 and beyond will give a full understanding that the tongue been talked about is not heavenly language but local languages. just because it says unknown tongue does not mean that it is heavenly language that is the reason for this verse 1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an UNKNOWN tongue pray that he may interpret.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 4:37am On Mar 08, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Now the thing is, people, especially Africans, because of being accustomed to "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" an/or reciting incantations, are propelled to mix their own ideas and understanding, against the teachings of the Bible and what the Bible actually is saying. They need a crutch, so this make-believe PRAY in tongues charade has to be discovered. It is among the last bastion of ATR and/or pagan mentality that needs to be shrugged off

The three times you talked about on speaking in tongues WAS SPEAKING TO MEN.....my brother, listen to....verse two says, he that speaks in tongues SPEAKS TO GOD NOT UNTO MAN.....what sayeth thou brother?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 4:44am On Mar 08, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
i think 1corithians 14:2 has got many people confused concerning speaking in tongues. those who read just one verse in the bible do not get a full understanding of the whole context. the same 1corithians14:2 when read through to verse 5 and beyond will give a full understanding that the tongue been talked about is not heavenly language but local languages. just because it says unknown tongue does not mean that it is heavenly language that is the reason for this verse 1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an UNKNOWN tongue pray that he may interpret.

Versre two IS NOT CONFUSING.... you and my brother Mutty are not convincing anyone beyond doubt....if u give me a knock out that I can't come back that when you explain verse two....it says, he that speaks in tongues SPEAKS TO GOD NOT TO MAN....don't you think Paul is teaching different tongues here than what happened in Acts 2 because in Acts two, it was tongues SPOKEN TO MEN AND OTHER MEN UNDERSTOOD IT.... please explain.

Please sorry guys for late response.... I'm planning to come to Nigeria and too busy with work n preparation etc
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 7:23am On Mar 08, 2019
Goshen360:
The three times you talked about on speaking in tongues WAS SPEAKING TO MEN.....my brother, listen to....verse two says, he that speaks in tongues SPEAKS TO GOD NOT UNTO MAN.....what sayeth thou brother?
My dearest brother, you are still wrestling and struggling with this speaking in tongues subject, huh?

You need to take in what EMILO2STAY, my brother from another mother, has to say about 1 Corinthians 14:2 not talikng about a heavenly language, angelic language or whanot but merely is talking of any other human being language

Listen up brother Goshen360, if in a gathering, you all only speaking the same language, but you then one day, stood to speak in another and different language that you all in that gathering know and understand, who do you think you are speaking with in that gathering with this your new and suddenly acquired language huh? Is it God or is it unto men, huh? Also what is the original Greek word, used in that 1 Corinthians 14:2 and the exact meaning of that word, eh?

When people are used to and accustomed to glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" and/or reciting incantations, then they fall on this crutch and sham of "speaking in tongues". The reality is, they do this, because they are looking for a fast track, cutting corners, and taking a short route means to accessing the throne of grace.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2019
Goshen360:

Versre two IS NOT CONFUSING.... you and my brother Mutty are not convincing anyone beyond doubt....if u give me a knock out that I can't come back that when you explain verse two....it says, he that speaks in tongues SPEAKS TO GOD NOT TO MAN....don't you think Paul is teaching different tongues here than what happened in Acts 2 because in Acts two, it was tongues SPOKEN TO MEN AND OTHER MEN UNDERSTOOD IT.... please explain.

Please sorry guys for late response.... I'm planning to come to Nigeria and too busy with work n preparation etc
Goshen my brother now I can understand how deep indoctrination in today's church has gone wow!!, no wonder some people are still convinced about the tithe doctrine today.

pls I would like you to soft pedal on those who still hold unto the tithe doctrine from today on ward because it not easy pulling people out of deep indoctrination, this thing goes too deep in their heart so much so that they are too convinced they are right.

but the bible says let God be true and every man a lier. so the word of God is what we will rely on and not the traditions of men.

there is a grave danger in just reading one verse of the bible and taking it out of context without understanding the whole chapter and this is what has happens in your case.

first!!, when you read 1corinthians12:1 Paul started like this

""Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.""

but unfortunately many Christians did not heed this warning of paul. why!!?, because we are all selfish Christians.
that's the reason we think this spiritual gifts are for our own personally benefits and glory.

today you hear some pastors brag about having so much power of God they can heal HIV Aids and so many sickness some go as far as faking miracles, some tell stories about how they drove for miles without fuel because the spirit of God was with them.
even recently one faked raising the dead and so on and so forth. why!?, it is a form of advert and also for people to think them gifted by God. they go on to receive all the glory. that is why some call them daddy and some emulate their dress code hair style and so on.

now Goshen my brother as you and i know there are diverse gifts from the holly spirit and speaking in tongues is just one of them.

now let me ask this questions.

1. will God give you the gift of healing just for you to heal your self only?

2 will God give you the good gift of prophecy just for you to prophesy to your self only.

3 will God give you the gift of working miracles only for you to use it on your self alone?.

now this question applies to all the spiritual gifts mentioned in the bible.

now what am trying to say is all this spiritual gifts are given for the purpose of the gospel and to benefit the church not for personal use or for our glory.

many of us Christians today think speaking in tongues makes us solid and well grounded Christians but paul says yet i show you a more excellent way .

1 Corinthians 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a MORE EXCELLENT WAY.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

then here Paul tells us that this spiritual gifts will end one day but charity will never end. which is what many of us Christians should try to covet.

13:8 Charity never faileth:but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

and here paul is saying this spiritual gifts such as miracles, tongues, etc are for baby Christians it is not for those who want to move unto the next level in Christianity. more like old testament vs new testament

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

now you see how we neglect the things that makes us truly solid Christians which is charity and love, we rather pursue after other spiritual gift which is not relevant in this era.

now when it comes to prayer Christ him self thought us how to pray and never mentioned heavenly language as an effective way of prayer rather he emphasised more on faith when praying. the apostles too were never mentioned to pray in tongues in private.

when you read carefully 1corinth14:2 downwards you will realize that tongues was down played in favour of charity.

you can see how it was started with "" follow after charity"" , because that is the main point of the whole chapter.
then he went on in verse 2 to down play speaking in tongues because it does not really benefit other christian brothers if one speaks without an interpreter only God can understand him.
that's to say what is the point of speaking in tongues in the church without an interpreter if no one understands you but God alone who gave you the gift.

the same tongue spoken of in 1corinth14:2 is the same kind of tongue spoken of in verses 4,5,6,9,13,14,18,19,22,23, and finally 27.

the problem is we Christians take one verse out of the bible and out of context and then give it a man made interpretation. there is nothing like a special language for prayer. God is all knowing and he is not limited by languages at all.

finally Paul's says in

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. thank you

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 4:21am On Mar 09, 2019
Make God help us o
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 5:19am On Mar 09, 2019
Goshen360:
Make God help us o
May God help people who are used to plus accustomed to glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" or bluntly put reciting incantations, that they need to lean on this crutch and sham of "speaking in tongues". The reality is, they do this, because they are looking for a fast track, cutting corners, and taking a short route, lazy means to accessing the throne of grace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel" / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" / Making Sure You're On The Right Track In Your Christian Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.