Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest (21010 Views)

El-rufai Spoke Truth On New Naira – Fani-kayode / National Interest Supercedes Individual Rights – Supreme Court / National Interest Supersedes Individual Rights - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by sarrki(m): 5:47am On Feb 07, 2019
KADUNA State Governor Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has stirred the hornet’s nest, with his warning that foreigners should not interfere in the conduct of the general elections.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday threatened to pull out of the peace accord it signed with other parties before the National Peace Committee (NPC) chaired by former Head of State Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar.

The opposition party hinged its decision on the “death threats” issued by the governor, according to it, to officials of the United States (U.S.), United Kingdom (U.K.) and the European Union (E.U.).

But the Presidency dismissed it all as a storm in a tea cup. “There is nothing more to sneeze at”, it said.

Besides, the governor denied calling for violence.

Also yesterday, the EU Election Observer Mission (EOM) said its men were in Nigeria on the invitation of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and that they will remain in the country to monitor the elections billed for February 16 (presidential/National) and March 2 (governorship/state Assembly).

Speaking on an NTA live programme El-Rufai was reported to have threatened the foreign nationals who might interfere with Nigeria’s upcoming elections with violent attacks.

“Those that are calling for anyone to come and intervene in Nigeria, we are waiting for the person that would come and intervene, they would go back in body bags,” he was quoted as saying.

The governor, however, explained himself yesterday, insisting that his comments were not in any way calls for violence, but a defence of Nigeria’s sovereignty.

El-Rufai said he merely stood up for Nigeria’s dignity as against those who would traduce their country and reduce it to a colony in their vain quest for power.

In a statement last night, the Presidency said: “The Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari would cooperate with election observers and would not let the international community down in the conduct of the coming elections.

“The Presidency assures Nigerians and the international community that the President would do everything within his power to ensure free, fair and credible elections in the country.

“We have taken note of the clarification to a reported earlier statement by the Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufa’i concerning opposition call for foreign interference in our domestic affairs and to say that latest statement by him should rest the issue for good. There is nothing more to sneeze at. The Governor spoke strongly in defense of of national interest. It is clear that El-Rufa’i, our party the APC and all its candidates have reposed their faith in democracy through general elections. They are all of the view that there is no place for violence against local people or foreign citizens in our midst.

“Opposition PDP ought to own up to the mistakes of their own policies for 16 years which have led the country to a sorry pass that has cost lives, jobs and growth instead of dwelling on diversionary issues.”

The PDP’s threat was issued at a news conference in Abuja. Its spokesman Kola Ologbondiyan described El-Rufai’s comments as inimical to peaceful, free and fair elections.

He said: “The PDP is left with no option than to consider a review of its signatory in the National Peace Accord, if no action is immediately taken to curb this trend.”

But a pro-Buhari group, the Buhari Media Organisation (BMO), said neither the PDP nor its presidential candidate, was genuinely committed to any peace deal.

According to the BMO, PDP’s presidential candidate signed the peace accord reluctantly.

The main opposition party called on the international community to immediately impose a travel ban on El-Rufai for what it described as the inciting comments against peaceful elections.

Ologbodiyan also called on the Gen. Abdulsalami to summon El-Rufai on the threat.

He said: “The PDP holds that any situation that seeks to allow the APC to abuse the tenets of the accord will definitely force our party to review our signatory to the peace process.

Read also: Lagos, Kwara, Kogi, others get new police chiefs
“We therefore call on the NPC to immediately summon El-Rufai on his inflammatory remarks against peaceful election in our country.

“In that regard, we might have no option left than to allow our members to defend their votes with whatever that is available to them.

“This country belongs to all of us and no individual or group, no matter how highly placed, can subjugate other citizens, or seek to appropriate any sort of absolutism to himself.”

The PDP also kicked against what it described as an alleged plot by the police authority to redeploy Kayode Egbetokun as Commissioner of Police to the Kwara State Command.

The opposition party alleged closeness of Egbetokun to a section of the leadership of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC).

This, according to the PDP, might lead to Egbetokun taking sides in the ongoing supremacy tussle between the PDP and the APC chapters in Kwara State.

Ologbondiyan said: “This is in line with plans by the Buhari Presidency and the APC to effect a mass deployment of top security officers, particularly the police, to intimidate, harass and manhandle Nigerians that will not support the self-succession bid of President Muhammadu Buhari as well as aiding APC thugs to snatch ballot boxes and orchestrate violence in the elections.

“Nigerians are aware of how CP Kayode Egbetokun was posted to Lagos State by the former Inspector-General of Police, Idris Ibrahim, to serve the same partisan interest and how that posting was stopped by the new IGP Adamu Mohammed. Now, he is being redeployed to Kwara State for the same ignoble plot.

“It is necessary to state that the PDP is a party of peace and we are committed to the peace accord. However, the deployment of Kayode Egbetokun as Kwara CP directly negates the principle of the Peace Accord and can only hurt the fragile peace that currently exists in Kwara state.

“We wish to remind the acting Inspector General, Adamu Mohammed, that his acceptability among Nigerians across party line was based on the pedigree, which was presented to Nigerians before his appointment.

“These pedigree and exposure place on his shoulders, the responsibility to be just, firm, equitable and professional in the discharge of his duties. We therefore urge him not to allow his reputation to be mired in controversial political activities.”

The party called on the National Peace Committee to note the alleged infractions by the APC and its leaders to the peace accord.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-to-pdp-eu-el-rufai-spoke-in-national-interest/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by sarrki(m): 5:50am On Feb 07, 2019
Baba my love for you is natural

I didn’t agree with you on this

El Rufai should know that he’s a governor

He should use a suitable word

To western world they won’t see it that way

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by ozoono(m): 5:51am On Feb 07, 2019
I no d dullard must surely back anoda idoit up

182 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Feb 07, 2019
ozoono:
I no d dullard must surely back anoda idoit up

Shut up

Don’t you have elders at home ?

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:53am On Feb 07, 2019
In a statement last night, the Presidency said: “The Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari would cooperate with election observers and would not let the international community down in the conduct of the coming elections.
The Presidency assures Nigerians and the international community that the President would do everything within his power to ensure free, fair and credible elections in the country.

12 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by SalamRushdie: 5:55am On Feb 07, 2019
If El Rufai can threaten to kill election observers on live TV the imagine the safety of the Average Nigerian voter

218 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by etebefia: 5:59am On Feb 07, 2019
El rufai seems to be more interested in this presidential election than buhari and osibanjo, is there something we don't know?

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Racoon(m): 6:00am On Feb 07, 2019
“Muhammadu Buhari as an agent of destabilization, ethnic bigot and religious fanatic who if given the chance would ensure the disintegration of the country. His ethnocentrism would jeopardize Nigeria"s national unity.”Bola Tinubu
Wikileaks (PUBLIC LIBRARY OF US DIPLOMACY,2003).
Only a tyrannt and blood sucker can attract its kind because like attracts like.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by helinues: 6:00am On Feb 07, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Racoon(m): 6:01am On Feb 07, 2019
[s]
sarrki:
Baba my love for you is natural.I didn’t agree with you on this.El Rufai should know that he’s a governor.He should use a suitable word.To western world they won’t see it that way.
[/s]
When tyranny and oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime ."-James Madison(US President 1809-1817)

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 07, 2019
Are you expecting a dunce who said "Dogs and baboons would soak in blood" not to support "Foreign observers would be dispatched in body bags"

Is the herdmen menace, bokoharam menace, Kaduna killings not enough evidence?

El-rufai made that statement thinking it is 2015, the dolt should wake up and smell the coffee.... Buhari is almost at Daura junction.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 07, 2019
sarrki:

Shut up

Don’t you have elders at home ?
in 2015 when you were all insulting Jonathan and his family you still didn't remember that you got elders at home abi?

Sarki shut up

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by ebujany(m): 6:13am On Feb 07, 2019

never in doubt...birds of same feathers.

16 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by MrAJQ(m): 6:20am On Feb 07, 2019
IPOB no go believe

1 Like

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:34am On Feb 07, 2019
i wonder what the police and the DSS are waiting to arrest this governor....your made a threat and call itfor diginity and for national interest...if its a member of the opposition that said same now, the police, DES and maybe even the EFCC would have swiftly gone to arrest him...what a country!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by hucienda: 6:36am On Feb 07, 2019
he doesn't know it yet but im don buy market. big market.

any violence that occurs whether real or imagined in the eyes of foreigners would be traced to him and his party - weda na im do am or weda no be im do am - all because of a stupid tongue that lacks decorum and control of a supposed governor of a state.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by focus7: 6:47am On Feb 07, 2019
Why am I having the feeling that the evil corrupt party pdp may have contracted some of the foreign observers to do some dirty deal for them during the elections

PDP should pull out of the election if they wish to, we will not allow undue interference from any foreign observe that will not stay with their assignment in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by WATCHOVER(m): 6:47am On Feb 07, 2019
post=75490445:

The Presidency assures Nigerians and the international community that the President would do everything within his power to ensure free, fair and credible elections in the country.
[b] my friend how is the president going to stand by his words? considering the fact that he is always forgetful, total disregard for the rule of law.

Any way I stand by, with PDP

26 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Feb 07, 2019
WATCHOVER:

[b] my friend how is the president going to stand by his words? considering the fact that he is always forgetful, total disregard for the rule of law.

Any way I stand by, with PDP
Our friend, You are not standing alone, some other criminals are standing with you.
Like one of your Role Model in life below....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by WATCHOVER(m): 6:54am On Feb 07, 2019
post=75491093:

Our friend, You are not standing alone, some other criminals are standing with you.
Like one of your Role modelin life below....
My friend but you have the Efcc, Icpc are you tired of using them?

You go cry tire after this election

14 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by DrGoodman: 6:55am On Feb 07, 2019
I heard that Aisha has parked all her bags and her husband own and waiting to return to Daura next month to continue her husband cow business.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 07, 2019
Gather here if you want Ogun la ka aye to Strike Buhari to death

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2019
post=75491093:

Like one of your Role modelin life below....

Hypocrite, lazy Yusuf and slippers boobs Aisha are all snoring right now but 30k stipend has deprived you of sleep...I raise my voice and declare that what befell the people of Southern Kaduna and Benue should befall your lineage

18 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:58am On Feb 07, 2019
WATCHOVER:

My friend but you have the Efcc, Icpc are you tired of using them?

You go cry tire after this election
Una go dey alright las las.
FeBuhari 16th 2019, here we come.......

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by suxpet: 7:01am On Feb 07, 2019
buhari and elrufai

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by frankzone: 7:20am On Feb 07, 2019
sarrki:
Baba my love for you is natural

I didn’t agree with you on this

El Rufai should know that he’s a governor

He should use a suitable word

To western world they won’t see it that way

Coming from you Wow! Commendable.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by AroleOduduwa(m): 7:28am On Feb 07, 2019
focus7:
Why am I having the feeling that the evil corrupt party pdp may have contracted some of the foreign observers to do some dirty deal for them during the elections

PDP should pull out of the election if they wish to, we will not allow undue interference from any foreign observe that will not stay with their assignment in the country.

Delusion or Hallucination? Anyone with common sense won’t think the way you just did, even the zoneb above your pay grade commented without sounding outrightly stupid

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by BackToLife: 7:31am On Feb 07, 2019
The free Nigeria is gone.
Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by nairalee(m): 7:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Wait wait wait
APC

1) You do realize National does not mean APC right?
2) You do know that you're inciting violence in a violence ridden state as Kaduna
3) You do realize you were standing on a campaign against hate speeches
4) You do realize the strength of the countries you're THREATENING. It's not Burkina Faso fa
5) You do understand that you cannot have the monopoly of violence
6) You do understand the impression ure creating by being afraid of public scrutiny. A guilty man runneth when no man pursueth
7) You do realize that Nigerians are not all uneducated and unable to interpret statements cos trying hard to justify this makes y'all look ridiculous

I'm officially fed up with some Nigerians

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To PDP, EU: El-rufai Spoke In National Interest by OTayobami(m): 7:31am On Feb 07, 2019
Stalemate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Orders Removal Of Roadblocks At Kaduna's State Boundaries / Farah Dagogo Gets Bail After Two Months In Detention / Like PDP, We Won’t Hang Buhari’s Portrait – LP, PPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.